Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2005
    Good job on offering options on the beam shape. Even with the spot,spot beam there is plenty of flood it appears.

mtbr member
    Can I buy just the lighthead, no battery and charger? I have a bunch of geomangear batteries that I'd put to good use with this.
    "It looks flexy"

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by cdalemike View Post
    I can get to the site fine from the US. A little slow, but it comes up...

On another note, I sent both Vag and Bruce an email with some questions a couple days ago with no reply. Hopefully, this is not an indication of how customer service will be moving forward. I will post the questions here since they appear to monitor:

1. I really like the hard battery case on the Gemini lights which is a very clean design. Will your hard case be similar? Guess it would be nice to see some actual pictures of the entire kit before investing in the pre-order.

2. Do you have any further indication of an actual ship date? The site appears to be updated to answer this question, mid-Jan.

3. Do you plan to offer any sort of trial period similar to what Gemini does? Being so new, I want to ensure there will not be issues with the initial roll-out. Again, the site has been updated to answer this question. 14-day trial which is great.

New question: Any chance of offering free shipping on the initial roll-out or for pre-orders I know Gemini did this and I think it helped greatly to get the product in to new hands.

Again, I hope the no-reply on my email is not an indication of future support! Being a new light manufacturer, it is imperative to reply to new mails/inquiries ASAP. Otherwise you are setting yourself up for a bad reputation from the start.

I am excited about the light! Looks very promising...
    Hello,

@cdalemike
    Bruce has replied to you. I hope it did not end up in a spam folder (we usually don't spam ). I am forwarding you now. Please check your mails and PM me if it still did not reach you as we'll have to look at it.

Now regarding the questions:

Hard case

Our hard case will be similar to other hard cases in the market. As batteries are all shaped the same there is not much space for creation.

The case is under production so at the moment we can't share any photos with you but for what I am sure is of the high quality, flexible plastic and of a low consumption LED battery level indicators.

Shipping date

We are sure that we will be shipping the first batch before Mid January and confident that it will be at the first week of January.

Shipping cost

What we offer is USA shipping (from NY, and this is breaking news) for the first batch and until we get a proper distributor-reseller in the USA. That means that you will avoid all the customs clearance mess and confusions with custom.

Please note that our presale is for 153.35 USD + Shipping for a 1200 Lumen Light, 100% designed by New Zealand engineers and manufactured under Western Management (actually mine ). To my knowledge and experience this is a very good offer and I hope that you agree with that.

(As always) On Behalf of the Gloworm Manufacturing Team,
    Vag

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by gticlay View Post
    Can I buy just the lighthead, no battery and charger? I have a bunch of geomangear batteries that I'd put to good use with this.
    Yes, you can. We'll be adding that option soon and I will inform you by PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloworm Manufacture View Post
    Yes, you can. We'll be adding that option soon and I will inform you by PM.
    I would be interested in this option as well (provided the Geoman gear is compatible without any customization on my part).

Please PM me, with the light head price only as well. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    So, the lights will be shipped from NY, interesting. Guess that works out better for us US folks. Would shipping actually be less than the nearly 20$ indicated on the pre-order form then? I am assuming the 20$ was calculated based on overseas to the US rates.

Oh, how about some real pictures of the mounts as promised in your post with the CNC renderings. I assume the bar mount will have some sort of rubber barrier between the mount and bars?

Thanks again Vag and Bruce...
    Last edited by cdalemike; 12-09-2011 at 01:41 PM.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by cdalemike View Post
    Vag, I never received the mail and it did not show up in my spam box (although it could have been missed). No worries though and thanks for the forum reply. I am sure others will benefit from the questions answered, so it worked out fine.

So, the lights will be shipped from NY, interesting. Guess that works out better for us US folks. Would shipping actually be less than the nearly 20$ indicated on the pre-order form then? I am assuming the 20$ was calculated based on overseas to the US rates.

Oh, how about some real pictures of the mounts as promised in your post with the CNC renderings. I assume the bar mount will have some sort of rubber barrier between the mount and bars?

Thanks again Vag and Bruce...
    Hello,

I just PMed you with the mail. I tried to forward you and it bounced. Anyway, it is all answered now here and this is enough.

Mounts

You are right. We promised photos and they are soon to come. For what I can assure you now is the barrier between mount and bars.

Regarding shipping please note that this is an extra service from us until we get a representative which actually costs more than simply shipping with DHL from Shenzhen.

Just to give you an insight we will have to bear SZ-NY shipping, NY to your door shipping, Tax and warehousing fees. I know this is none of your problem but still, I hope you understand why we do keep the shipping in that level and I hope you will agree it is a fair deal.

On Behalf of the Gloworm Manufacturing Team,
    Vag
    Last edited by Gloworm Manufacture; 12-09-2011 at 11:40 AM.

mtbr member
    Very nice looking light head. I look forward to more picuters of the actual light and battery setup. I'd also be interested in the compatibility of the Geoman batteries as well.

Keeping an eye on this thread

Thanks for the torture of more lights

Ed

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Hello,

The connectors of the X2 are the same with most of the lights out there and compatible with Geoman batteries.

We recommend you to only use batteries with high quality cells.

On behalf of the GLoworm Manufacturing Team,
    Vag

b a n n e d
    Can you post pictures of the actual lighthead? And maybe with something for a size reference? I don't want to see renderings . . .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    Can you post pictures of the actual lighthead? And maybe with something for a size reference? I don't want to see renderings . . .
    I'll second that. I'm still waiting to see what the remote looks like. Hopefully it won't be like the MagicShines. As long as it's not more than 1cm high is should be fine.

Oh and by the way, others are just as curious as to how much a "light head only" will cost. When these are ready for market you might as well post that option in the web menu. Kudo's for making these compatible with standard MS type battery plugs.

mtbr member
    I found the price on their website here:
    Gloworm Performance Products - Lighting

It's not on the link you click from the front page so I missed it till just now. $125 NZD = about $96 or $97.
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    I found the price on their website here:
    Gloworm Performance Products - Lighting

It's not on the link you click from the front page so I missed it till just now. $125 NZD = about $96 or $97.
    Thanks gitclay, now all we need is some actual photos of the prototype.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Hello,

Here come the long awaited photos. First with the bar mount and second with the helmet mount ( it secures to your helmet with a velcro).

To answer Cat Man Do question:

Switch--> it is 1cm high ( to be precise 1.08cm high).

And some more comments:
    1.The side screw will be black and with grips on the head (still on production)so that you can screw and unscrew without using any tool.

2. As you can see the headlight can turn up and down. We have worked out a design that you will be able to adjust your headlight by just using your hand and it will not move from its position however rough the trail is.

3. Button is plastic with rubber to where your finger touch to give you some extra grip when you are about to change mode.

That's all for now, hope you like it.

On behalf of the Gloworm Manufacturing Team ,
    Vag

Bar mount:

Helmet Mount:

b a n n e d
    Looks good! I'd prefer a QR bar mount though over an O-Ring setup

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Appreciate the eye candy Vag.

Light head looks great, I mentioned that before. Spot/flood lens switchability option offering a definite plus also.

Not a big fan of danglies as far as remote switches go however. If this were Burger King and I could have it my way, I'd forgo the remote access and have the power on/off/level up/level down toggle switch on the light head itself. Not too sure how much of a difference design and dimension wise that would make. Having said that, I'm sure there are those who will welcome the offering.

Great to see light companies pushing forth the envelope allowing consumers a much wider product choice compared to a decade back. Exciting times indeed!

mtbr member
    Any chance there's a screw hole in the bottom so a magicshine or (insert here) bar mount could be put on it?
    "It looks flexy"

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Any chance there's a screw hole in the bottom so a magicshine or (insert here) bar mount could be put on it?
    Hello,

Thanks for the feedback.

@gticlay and OO7 Unfortunately no screw hole for other mounts. The supplied bar mount provides central placement of the light (over the stem) with infinite placement ability. You can place the headlamp from directly above the bar all the way through to below the bar - whatever suits you.

Bruce has personally ridden this design through and over some very rough terrain with no movement. This is based on the tight o-ring mount system. We design the o-ring mounts to be wider therefore creating a wider spread and a stronger hold to the bar. Additionally the mount is held to the housing using 16mm bolt with 2 small o-rings (1 either side of the mount) providing a resistant bearing surface.

@Chromagftw I guess the remote will not suit some however to maintain the small size of the light and the necessary cooling the remote option was chosen. The switch length has been optimised to be placed near the shifters or on the side of the helmet - meaning there is no need to remove your hands from the bar.

Soon we will have some direct size comparisons with the Gemini Titan

Vag

mtbr member
    It probably needs the cooling under the light in addition to above with that much light coming out anyway...

I'm pretty excited to see it next to the Titan (or Xera).
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Very nice looking light and I like the options. Can't wait to hear some reviews once it gets into user's hands.

mtbr member
    Very Nice! Very Nice! Good work on the remote. Like others I might have wanted a screw hole under the light head in case I wanted to use another mount but this looks like it might work right out of the box. My only doubt though centers around just how stable the lamp will be on the bars with the off-set ( O-ring ) mounting. I wouldn't have said that though if this had of been designed with a cam/clamp bar mount but since this is using O-rings it might tend to be a little unstable if the O-ring is not the right size. Not a big issue though because usually I can find O-rings in any hardware store that will work ( * if the stock ones are not tight enough ).

Anyway, I like what I'm seeing. Looks like you're using optics...cool. Can't wait to see some beam pics.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    Very Nice! Very Nice! Good work on the remote. Like others I might have wanted a screw hole under the light head in case I wanted to use another mount but this looks like it might work right out of the box. My only doubt though centers around just how stable the lamp will be on the bars with the off-set ( O-ring ) mounting. I wouldn't have said that though if this had of been designed with a cam/clamp bar mount but since this is using O-rings it might tend to be a little unstable if the O-ring is not the right size. Not a big issue though because usually I can find O-rings in any hardware store that will work ( * if the stock ones are not tight enough ).

Anyway, I like what I'm seeing. Looks like you're using optics...cool. Can't wait to see some beam pics.
    Hello Cat-man-do

You must have missed the new beam shots (link below). Bruce invested in a tripod and used the a Canon G7 camera utilising the MTBR light shoot out settings. The results speak for themselves.

Link to Beam Shot Post

Regarding the o-ring mount, agreed, if the o-ring is the wrong size or a little loose it may be unstable. However with the design width of the where the o-ring hooks onto the mount it creates a wider profile and therefore is more stable. Our tests have yielded very positive results (especially through rock gardens and off steep drops! - so Bruce says!)

Vag

mtbr member
    Hey Gloworm, I wish you luck with this light, it looks nice and I want one.

I spent ages and ages making two on my manual mill (one for me and one for my Wife). I now wish I had read this thread when it first began as I have only just found it and could have saved myself lots of time and money.

Good luck, looks like a nice light.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloworm Manufacture View Post
    Hello Cat-man-do

You must have missed the new beam shots (link below). Bruce invested in a tripod and used the a Canon G7 camera utilising the MTBR light shoot out settings. The results speak for themselves.

Link to Beam Shot Post
    Yes, I did miss the photos, thanks. After looking at the beam shots I am very impressed. I think this is the first set-up I've seen in a long time where there is an major difference between the flood/spot and spot/spot set-up. Hopefully I will have some money when these come out as I think I would like one.

Big question: Are these going to be made so the user can switch out the optics?? If not I'm going to have a hard time choosing the optics I prefer.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    Big question: Are these going to be made so the user can switch out the optics?? If not I'm going to have a hard time choosing the optics I prefer.
    Hey,

Yes, the optics can be changed by the user. Simply remove the two front screws, drop out the optics and replace them with the desired units. The only thing that will be exposed is the LED board so there is no chance of disrupting the electronics or other workings.

Also remember that with all presales we will be providing a free replacement lens/optic. This option will be available after the presale offer - however it will cost an extra $5USD.

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm
    NZ

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast