Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by GraXXoR View Post
    RANT

I've got negative reputation on this post? Why was I downvoted?

I made a point that they are quality manufacturer and some wisearse sends me:

"Quality manufacturer LOL... Hope your V2 lasts longer than the V1!"

Anonymously, of course...

I don't care how much I get down voted, I still thank that Gloworm have done the right thing in sending me a free V2 replacement (free post) for a failed unit without any questions, RMA numbers or crap like that: They just gave me a China address. I put the light head in a bag and send it COD.

sheesh.... Doesn't this idiot know that products fail, even good ones... ESPECIALLY PRE-RELEASE V1 products...

Still, we all knew what we were getting into when we paid for an unreleased, unproven, untested light: Fun and excitement along with the risk!

OK, so I'm just cheesed off at being negatively repped....

/RANT
    Some people just want to watch the world burn. And yes the repping feature is retarded. I am pleased with my V1 and it's performance. I've had plenty of pricey name brand lights fail so I usually buy cheapo stuff and consider it disposable. Heck my first magic shine is still running. But the Gloworm was too good of a deal to pass up.

mtbr member
    I just ordered the new version full set with one extra lens. Total showed 127.22.

night riding enthusiast
    OK... So thanks for negging me again, whoever you are!... Anonymously of course. Daren't even add your name to the end of your comment "More neg for whining" LOL. Wimp.

I just ordered the new version full set with one extra lens. Total showed 127.22.
    @killerbunny:

What happened? Are you still going to be able to get the reduced price?
    Click the thumbs up button if you have a thumb...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GraXXoR View Post
    OK... So thanks for negging me again, whoever you are!... Anonymously of course. Daren't even add your name to the end of your comment "More neg for whining" LOL. Wimp.

@killerbunny:

What happened? Are you still going to be able to get the reduced price?
    Sent you some positive rep. Hopefully some others will too.
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Graxxor, I sent a positive rep too, but I couldn't add a comment b/c my silly Android tablet is not cooperating with that function. Good to hear that gloworm took care of your issue. Mine did have that faulty extension cord issue initially, but gloworm took care of that super fast. So far everything is still good with my light. I have grown to love the wider beam of the X2 light, but still want a bit more throw. I think the new X2 should be right on the money. I ordered an extra spot, but from beam shot photos I may be happiest with the spot/flood combo as the extra flood is nice on some technical trails I ride. I have been out night riding 4 out of the past 5 days and loving every minute of it. I also love how X2 is about half the weight of my previous helmet light. I don't notice the weight at all, whereas with the old light I always did.

P.S. When the new X2 arrives, I was thinking about doing a ride with both X2s and also my Lupine Betty and Wilma. We're talking over 5,000 lumens combined.

night riding enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusHQ View Post
    Graxxor, I sent a positive rep too, but I couldn't add a comment b/c my silly Android tablet is not cooperating with that function. Good to hear that gloworm took care of your issue. Mine did have that faulty extension cord issue initially, but gloworm took care of that super fast. So far everything is still good with my light. I have grown to love the wider beam of the X2 light, but still want a bit more throw. I think the new X2 should be right on the money. I ordered an extra spot, but from beam shot photos I may be happiest with the spot/flood combo as the extra flood is nice on some technical trails I ride. I have been out night riding 4 out of the past 5 days and loving every minute of it. I also love how X2 is about half the weight of my previous helmet light. I don't notice the weight at all, whereas with the old light I always did.

P.S. When the new X2 arrives, I was thinking about doing a ride with both X2s and also my Lupine Betty and Wilma. We're talking over 5,000 lumens combined.
    Ah, yes, I speculated soon after first using the lights that the cable's entrance/exit point to the light would be a weak point as there appears to be little reinforcement... perhaps for a different reason though. I thought that the cable would suffer from bending and breaking, with repeated use, whereas I was informed that the cable may have come loose from the internal PCB
    O_o

I did notice that the hex nut where the cable enters the unit was loose, whether or not that had anything to do with it...

I am still using the X2 1st ed. with the double ellipticals as a flasher and relying on my Magicshine 816 for general lighting duty. I intend to partner it with a V2 on the bars and/or helmet and if the throw is sufficient, retire the heavy and obtrusive 816.

5000 lumens!! I presume you just point in the direction you want to travel and burn a path through...

oh... and thanks for the props!
    Click the thumbs up button if you have a thumb...

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    So, anyone have a V2 yet, or, have any V2's actually shipped yet?
    My order still shows processing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tb123 View Post
    So, anyone have a V2 yet, or, have any V2's actually shipped yet?
    My order still shows processing.
    I just logged in at the gloworm site and my order says processing approved, but nothing about shipping yet.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusHQ View Post
    I just logged in at the gloworm site and my order says processing approved, but nothing about shipping yet.
    They will likely all go out at once. Hopefully they get shipped next week. Keep in mind they just got all the pre-orders in and are likely swamped.

My original intent was to use the X2/V1 on the commuter/road bike bars and the X2/V2 on the MTB bars. Now I'm considering V1 on the bars , V2 on the helmet for MTB'ing.
    Much will depend though on just how well the throw is on the new V2. It is so nice to have options.......Is it here yet?...Is it here yet?...

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I have my V2 mounted to my helmet and a magicshine clone on the bar with a wide flood lense and found the X2 V2 was good enough by itself - throw is very good. I'll still use the bar light though because it's good for when i'm on the roads getting to and from the track, besides the more lights the merrier

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Yeah I did a first night ride the other night with the V2 helmet mounted and it is bright enough that I didn't find myself wanting for a second light at all

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Alternate Power Source

I am curious if there is a way to wire this in directly to a motorcyle/atv battery via a switch? Is this possible? My dirt bike doesn't have a headlight, and would like to use this for night riding, but not worry about the 3-4 hour limitations of the included battery? Thanks!

mtbr member

Shipping question

Anyone get a notice on shipping yet? I'm getting antsy.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    Nothing yet! I know what you mean - it's hard to wait! I can't wait to compare to v1!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    nope, not a peep

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Nothing yet.

mtbr member

V2 shipping update

I got a PM from Gloworm: Seems the moderators have put a limit on their posting. Word is shipping is to begin this week. Will be crossing my fingers.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I got a PM from Gloworm: Seems the moderators have put a limit on their posting. Word is shipping is to begin this week. Will be crossing my fingers.
    Thanks for the update. I'm getting a little antsy myself!

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Good news about the shipping time.

But what's up with the limit to Gloworm's posting??!! They've been super helpful in this thread, with good responses to comments/questions and useful updates.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by agoura_biker View Post
    Good news about the shipping time.

But what's up with the limit to Gloworm's posting??!! They've been super helpful in this thread, with good responses to comments/questions and useful updates.
    I think it has to do with the fact that they don't have an ad, hence the limitation on posts.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I think it has to do with the fact that they don't have an ad, hence the limitation on posts.
    That makes sense. I remember Gloworm saying earlier that they were going to start supporting the site. Maybe this will be a catalyst! (Well, maybe it's more a stick) As I said, it's been great to have them participate here - but then, they benefit too!

mtbr member
    Dunno if its been posted but theres a review in the local bike rag:

Gloworm lights X2: Initial thoughts | Spoke Magazine
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I think this was in this thread before but don't have time to search it but was there a sale at one time on the light head only and what was it.

Sorry for not going thru and checking.

Thx

MB

mtbr member

Got 'em!

Got my Gloworm V2s yesterday. I ordered two complete sets on 4/10, so they were about 3 weeks getting to me (Maryland, USA; Vag apologized for the backup in orders). I spent the evening experimenting with the modes and riding around my backyard. These are my first riding lights, so I don't have much else to go on. But right off the bat, I LOVE these things! The size, the modes, the output, the packaging, the toggle button -- you can tell it's all been painstakingly thought through and created to please the consumer. Looking forward to spending a couple hours on the trails tonight!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mb323323 View Post
    I think this was in this thread before but don't have time to search it but was there a sale at one time on the light head only and what was it.

Sorry for not going thru and checking.

Thx

MB
    You could always just check their website
    Gloworm Performance Products - Gloworm X2 - Light Only (Version 2)

Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 ... LastLast