Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
Results 1,201 to 1,224 of 1224
    Action LED Lights
    The graph above shows the light distribution with spot-spot and wide-wide. If you have one of each the curve would be half way between. Which way you set it up is personal preference. The light will come with one wide optic. If you order one extra your options are open.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

mtbr member
    Well that would make sense, guess I was overthinking it. Looks like I will be ordering one extra and seeing which works best for me. Thanks Jim!

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Hi guys long time lurker on here but first post. I have the X2 and XS combo. Been running the X2 for a while and recently it has been playing up. It went back once and they replaced the battery. Now last night it looks like a wire has come loose. When you have any slight movement the light goes off. Kind of annoying just wondering if anyone else has had the X2 do this and what the solution was. Thanks russ

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Hi Russ

It sounds like you have a broken connection in the cable. This can be repaired.

Get hold of Jim at Action LED Lights, he has the required spare parts.

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm Website

'...it's more fun with the lites on!'

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Thanks bruce I got in Australia the lbs just sent it back again and the distributor is going to replace. Should have the new one tomorrow. Will let you know how I go.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Just wondering if there is going to be a neutral white retrofit as was talked about on one of the other threads here? I like the idea of this or even just updated emitter options as these are quality lights and I hate how fast led technology evolves and it seems like every year improvements are made in output and efficiency. If I could upgrade my older x2 to newer specs for a reasonable cost every couple seasons it would be a great incentive to choose that over similarly priced lights. Kind of like the valentine one radar detector, the basic design didn't change in at least 15 years, but you can send it in for updates for like 75 dollars rather than paying 450 for a new one every time they improve it

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeer View Post
    Just wondering if there is going to be a neutral white retrofit as was talked about on one of the other threads here? I like the idea of this or even just updated emitter options as these are quality lights and I hate how fast led technology evolves and it seems like every year improvements are made in output and efficiency. If I could upgrade my older x2 to newer specs for a reasonable cost every couple seasons it would be a great incentive to choose that over similarly priced lights. Kind of like the valentine one radar detector, the basic design didn't change in at least 15 years, but you can send it in for updates for like 75 dollars rather than paying 450 for a new one every time they improve it
    We should have new LED's in a couple of weeks. I'll post when they arrive. If you just want to upgrade I should be able to go with either color.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Jim, you're the man!

mtbr member

Introducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system

From personal experience there is very little difference between the spot and the wide in the X1 except for the throw
    The x2 and the xs are both awesome lights I have spots in the x2 and 2 floods and a spot in the xs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Hi bruce
    Just letting you k n of the distributor replaced my light so all is good now. Cherrs Russ

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by db_010 View Post
    Anybody else have trouble with the new Gloworm quick release mounts? The large velcro band the Gloworm system uses to fasten the helmet mount to the helmet irritates my head, so I purchased a genuine Gopro vented helmet mount. Sliding the Gloworm quick release into and out of the genuine Gopro mount is a bit of a project. It's difficult enough to nearly defeat the purpose of "quick release". It's more like a friction fit than a slip fit.
    Yeah the Gloworm velcro strap irritates my head too. The Gloworm X2 mount is cheap rubbish and mine broke tonight on only its third use. I tried to dury rig the light with the velcro strap and that broke too! So my ride ended early with me riding back to the car with the light in my hand.

Got home and decided to do some investigation with my Go Pro Camera mounts. The Gloworm X2 bracket pushes into the Go Pro mount but is almost impossible to remove again, the tolerances do not match! So, I will be using a Go Pro Helmet strap and will have to make my own bracket tomorrow to fit the light to the Go Pro mount, I do not trust the Gloworm bracket enough to risk ruining another night ride.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Anyone know whether the Lupine Piko Gopro adaptor would work with the Gloworm x2? It looks like it should.

Action LED Lights
    One nice thing about working with a company like Gloworm is they are always paying attention and respond quickly when ever a problem surfaces.
    They have just released a redesigned QR bracket. The tolerances have been tweaked to improve the fit, the material has been changed to make the snap arms a little more flexible, and the vertical arm has been beefed up to make it stronger.
    Were swapping out the parts in all sets sold from now on. If your having a problem PM me and I'll get a new pair out to you.

I've also found that a little silicone spray really helps with getting them apart.

I'll see what can be done with the velcro straps.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I have the old, non QR bracket and am very happy with it. Only problem is that I always switch lights and the helmet mount for all my others is different. Would switch to a gopro style setup for all but I love the low profile of this one

Action LED Lights
    The GP-QR mount has the same low profile At the most it's a couple of mm higher.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    In that case, how much for the new setup? I need to send in my x2 anyway for the NW swap may as well update it all. Looking forward to my XS

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I'm guessing the upgrade is only available for Gloworm products? It would be awesome to upgrade my Gemini Olympia at the same time. Both lights were purchased from Action LED.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Derekbob that's the same setup I normally run. Once I get a bit more confident (I break everything ) I'm gonna try to reflow some NW xm-l2 emitters on the olympia. It should be a nice improvement over my old xm-l t6 or whatever it has

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by derekbob View Post
    I'm guessing the upgrade is only available for Gloworm products? It would be awesome to upgrade my Gemini Olympia at the same time. Both lights were purchased from Action LED.
    Derekbob,
    Sorry, I am getting the led's pre-assembled on Gloworm boards.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

mtbr member
    Apr 2015

New bracket made to fit Go Pro Helmet Mount

Made a bracket to fit the Gloworm X2 to the Go Pro Helmet Mount, this is much more comfortable as the velcro strap does not cut into the forehead due to the Go Pro Helmet Mount having two seperate straps to the side, also the light galvanised bracket I made is a lot stronger than the plastic X2 bracket that failed last night, also easy to adjust the level with the Go Pro tightening screw. Its nothing flash but very functional.

Introducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-p4160001.jpgIntroducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-p4160002.jpgIntroducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-p4160003.jpg

mtbr member
    I had been looking for a way to quickly (and securely) mount my Gloworm lights to my handlebar. I often switch between the X1 and X2 depending on what I'm riding. I have a K-Edge Garmin mount that includes a GoPro mount. I found these on Amazon that allow you to use the GoPro quick release to a GoPro mount:

Amazon.com : Rec-mounts Gopro Camera Conversion Adapter Standard Gp(gopro)-quick-release Buckle[gp-gp-q] : Camera & Photo

Here's a photo of the setup on my road bike. Just posting for someone looking for a similar solution. BTW, I've been a Gloworm user for nearly 4 years now...great lights!

Introducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-gloworm.jpg

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by allenpg View Post
    I had been looking for a way to quickly (and securely) mount my Gloworm lights to my handlebar. I often switch between the X1 and X2 depending on what I'm riding. I have a K-Edge Garmin mount that includes a GoPro mount. I found these on Amazon that allow you to use the GoPro quick release to a GoPro mount:

Amazon.com : Rec-mounts Gopro Camera Conversion Adapter Standard Gp(gopro)-quick-release Buckle[gp-gp-q] : Camera & Photo

Here's a photo of the setup on my road bike. Just posting for someone looking for a similar solution. BTW, I've been a Gloworm user for nearly 4 years now...great lights!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gloworm.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	143.5 KB 
ID:	1024128
    A similar and more compact setup could be had with the Morsa Mount. A Garmin mount on one side and the GoPro QR mount on the other. You could then snap the light directly in the GoPro mount without the need for the bulky double pivots.
    Morsa Mounting System ? Action-LED-Lights
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

mtbr member
    Damn...didn't know about that mount. Thanks for the info. I already have the K-Edge mounts. Looks like a good solution for various lights, cameras, Garmin, etc. FYI, to other users, go with Action LED Lights for your Gloworm lights...great service and fast shipping!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangeroo0 View Post
    Made a bracket to fit the Gloworm X2 to the Go Pro Helmet Mount, this is much more comfortable as the velcro strap does not cut into the forehead due to the Go Pro Helmet Mount having two seperate straps to the side, also the light galvanised bracket I made is a lot stronger than the plastic X2 bracket that failed last night, also easy to adjust the level with the Go Pro tightening screw. Its nothing flash but very functional.

]
    I do like it, an easy conversion, a coat of black spray would make this look as standard equipment. I got the 2015 model last December and within a week the standard plastic bracket arm felt to bits by the screw head, Glow worm was very good and send me an updated replacement, this is wider and stronger and I have not had any problem but I am sure if I do hit a branch, this will snap! This is the reason why I got so low. I mainly do forest singletracks. I am using a velcro strap from a Twofish Lockblocks Bicycle Mount. I am also using a unbranded two cell battery pack mounted to the rear of my helmet so that I am not wired in. Most of my rides are about 2h long and I switch the X2 on only on the downhill or technical sections, so I have enough runtime out of the two cells, much more user friendly that being wired in and still very light! A lot of our guys from our MTB cycling clubs are using cheap Chinese lights, but they don't realise how much better the Gloworm X2 lights are, this is the type of light that need to be tried to understand that this is well worth the money! I also have a Yinding and a Solarstorm X2, both a lot cheaper for a lot of lights, but they are not as good as the GW X2. Love that remote switch, so user friendly. Here a few photos of my rig.

Introducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-imag3990.jpgIntroducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-imag3991.jpgIntroducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-imag3993.jpgIntroducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-imag3994.jpgIntroducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-imag3996.jpg

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425