Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    I went out on a couple night rides this week and used the X2 on my helmet along with my Lupine Betty on the bars. They worked well together though as expected the throw of the X2 was less than the Betty@ 22 degrees and 1750 lumens. Still the X2 throw is not bad and the spread is impressive and wider than the Betty. I think the X2 2nd version will be close to perfect with a bit more reach. The color of each light is a close match and I have no complaint on that. With both lights on full power I am putting out just about 3,000 actual lumens and it is quite impressive. The most impressive thing about the light is that I actually forgot it was on my helmet it is so light weight. I also have one of the older Wilmas that weighs about 128 grams.

Normally I ride with a Lupine Wilma 16 degree 1,000 lumen helmet mounted which has a more narrow beam, but more reach than the x2. I like the x2 and wilma both, but ideally I would like the reach of the wilma with a wider beam too and in a light weight and low profile package like the x2. The X2 is a very nice and impressive light though and I am glad to have one. So most likely my light collection will grow more when the 2nd version of the X2 is offered. At least I will be popular with my riding buddies having extra lights to go around.

mtbr member
    @ Gloworm... I'm about to buy one of your lights with the battery pack. how long will the special last on your website? When you purchase the light does it come with a spot/flood lens or do I need to purchase these to use that feature???

Also when will you be releasing the new lite? I don't want to buy now when the new one is due at the start of next month.... If you want I can product test for free

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by TaupoRider View Post
    @ Gloworm... I'm about to buy one of your lights with the battery pack. how long will the special last on your website? When you purchase the light does it come with a spot/flood lens or do I need to purchase these to use that feature???

Also when will you be releasing the new lite? I don't want to buy now when the new one is due at the start of next month.... If you want I can product test for free
    Hey Taupo!

The special will be on for another 2 weeks and comes with the spot/flood combo.

The new version will be available in about 2 weeks. You can buy now and get the special deal or wait and get the new light at the normal price.

Your call!

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm Website

'...it's more fun with the lites on!'

mtbr member
    Oo that's a tough one. What's the improvements over the "old" one. I can't seem to find it any where

Cheers

Sent from TapaTalk while i should be working.

mtbr member
    Oo that's a tough one. What's the improvements over the "old" one. I can't seem to find it any where

Cheers

The optic is supposed to be a little bigger giving the lamp more of a hot spot so it has better throw. I'm not saying it won't be an improvement but "How much of an improvement" will be the big issue. If is makes stuff clearer beyond 100 ft. I will satisfied. I still haven't had a chance to ride with my current X2 on a dirt trail yet. Crossing my fingers for this weekend.

In my case I'm very used to riding with a more narrow or confined beam pattern on the bars. The wider beam is great but it does lose some intensity at distance. Not really sure it is an issue yet though. If it doesn't rain this weekend I should be good to go.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Cheers

Check out post #473 on page 19 of this thread

mtbr member
    thanks guys, If I pre order the Version 2 will I get it for the 199$ pre order price?

mtbr member
    I did another road / paved bike trail ride tonight with the X2. Once I hit the trails ( total darkness ) I got a good idea what the X2 can do. First I discovered that I needed to point it up a bit more to get better throw. ( on the road I tilt it down a bit ) . I was very impressed with the wide and long throw when riding on the dark trails. This should work real well when I finally hit the dirt trails.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    thanks guys, If I pre order the Version 2 will I get it for the 199$ pre order price?
    Hey,

Unfortunately V2 will not be at bargain basement prices.....however you can get V1 at $199 NZD until this Sunday.

The major improvements over V1 are as follows:

• Larger optics/Clearer optics
    • U2 XML LEDs
    • Slightly larger surface area
    • Battery monitoring has been refined
    • Nicer instructions
    • Complimentary hex tool
    • Adhesive Velcro for switch

The light will be sent with a spot/frosted opotic combo with option of an extra spot/eliptical optic.

With both spots there is definetly more throw and a definite hot spot, but not as much as a reflector. The frosted option creates more of a smooth beam pattern.

At 10m the lux at the centre of the beam is 20% higher with the new optics (that is with the T6 XML...) with the U2 this is expected to be 30%.

Overall V2 will have a tighter centre, still with some spill (due to the characteristic of an optic and the XML) and pump out about 10% more lumens (based on optic efficiency and U2 output).

I hope this helps?

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm Website

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloworm Manufacture View Post

The light will be sent with a spot/frosted opotic combo with option of an extra spot/eliptical optic.

With both spots there is definetly more throw and a definite hot spot, but not as much as a reflector. The frosted option creates more of a smooth beam pattern.
    Cheers

Bruce
    Hey Bruce, just for clarification, there are 2 x optcs in the light as before and they are now 1 x clear spot and 1 x frosted (wide/flood) optic?
    So the spots are clear, and the floods and/ or elipticals are frosted.

Are there still three options spot, flood and eliptical?

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by tb123 View Post
    Hey Bruce, just for clarification, there are 2 x optcs in the light as before and they are now 1 x clear spot and 1 x frosted (wide/flood) optic?
    So the spots are clear, and the floods and/ or elipticals are frosted.

Are there still three options spot, flood and eliptical?
    Hey

Yes, 2 optics. One is a typical spot optic (88% efficient) the other i known as a frosted narrow optic (replaces the 'flood' as is more efficient - 86%). The 3rd option, elliptical (83% efficient), is garduated.

Elliptical

Spot

Frosted Narrow

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm Website

mtbr member
    Cheers Bruce. At 200 I am stretching the budget already. I will pick up one nd the current model.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Any idea when those of us that already have lights will get the pre-order deal on the new lights?..

Thanks,
    Ed

night riding enthusiast
    Has anyone done a comparison between the Gloworm 4 cell battery and the 4400 Magicshine batteries?
    Click the thumbs up button if you have a thumb...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroRC Ed View Post
    Any idea when those of us that already have lights will get the pre-order deal on the new lights?..

Thanks,
    Ed
    To be more specific, If you're asking the question: "Any idea when the people who bought the X2 on preorder will get the "offered" discount on the new version ( V2 )"?... then yes I concur to that as well

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    To be more specific, If you're asking the question: "Any idea when the people who bought the X2 on preorder will get the "offered" discount on the new version ( V2 )"?... then yes I concur to that as well
    +1

I'm also interested in the discounted V2.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by baymoe View Post
    +1

I'm also interested in the discounted V2.
    Me too, although I would like to see some comparissons first between V1 and V2 and the much anticipated beam shots

mtbr member
    I've been waiting for the beam shots comparison between the V1 and V2 too. It would be hard to pass up the discounted price when it's offered.

night riding enthusiast
    I thought the V2s were coming in March... Still on schedule?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I'm guessing by now that the V2 wont be out by the end of the month, seems unusually quiet compared to the launch of the V1, production issues perhaps? Hey I'm just speculaing, I'm bored!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I'm guessing by now that the V2 wont be out by the end of the month, seems unusually quiet compared to the launch of the V1, production issues perhaps? Hey I'm just speculaing, I'm bored!
    I rather them take their time and work out all the kinks then rush the release. But a few tease beam shots compared to the V1 are most welcome

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I'm running out of popcorn

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by matchpoint View Post
    I rather them take their time and work out all the kinks then rush the release. But a few tease beam shots compared to the V1 are most welcome
    By all means, get it right, not like I dont have lights, just hate waiting for new toys to come along!

mtbr member
    I received my Gloworm x2 headstrap and it seems like it will do the job. The one thing I don't like about it is, it seems you have to attach the helmet mount bracket to the strap as the headstrap doesn't include a bracket of it's own. I have the helmet mount bracket on my helmet right now and I will have to detach that from the helmet and hook the headstraps through the slots on the helmet mount bracket. It will take several minutes to do this. I am spoiled by the Lupine headstrap and helmet swap which is just unhooking the o ring for the most part and is a quick swap going between helmet, headstrap, and bar too. I would like to see a quicker way to swap the lighthead between each of these mounting options. I didn't have time to mount the lighthead to the headstrap today, but I will get it done tomorrow and post those pics. For now here is just a few pics of the headstrap by itself. There is a clip on the side of the headstrap that I assume holds the remote switch in place/route wiring and also a plastic clip on the back to route the wiring towards the battery.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Hey Everyone,

We'll have an update soon. Just finalising the V2's now! Very exciting.

Maximus and others should have received their headstrap....and as stated the helmet mount must be used as headstrap mount. We understand this not ideal for some and are investigating options of producing another mount for the headstrap.

Beam shots will be posted soon and discount codes will be sent to those original purchases.

Update on it's way!

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm Website

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I am hoping that the special price offer still stands for the people that bought the V1 model. If so, when and how will those orders be placed? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Here are some pics of the head strap with the light head attached.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ndisgii View Post
    I am hoping that the special price offer still stands for the people that bought the V1 model. If so, when and how will those orders be placed? Thanks!
    My guess is that they will send you a notification through your e-mail. Just check your e-mail and look for anything from "Gloworm Performance Products". They will likely give you a discount code for use on their website. Also a good idea to check your spam folder when other people start getting theirs if you haven't gotten yours yet. I'm checking mine daily but I'm patient. I know it takes a while to get a new product going not to mention getting their website ready to take the orders.

As for me, I still haven't decided if I'm going to need the upgraded version. A lot will depend on the discounted price of buying "just the light head". Of course if the price is super great no way I will turn it down.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    As for me, I still haven't decided if I'm going to need the upgraded version. A lot will depend on the discounted price of buying "just the light head". Of course if the price is super great no way I will turn it down.
    From memory it was a flat $50 USD for the lighthead and $100 USD for light and new battery

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Regarding the lens selection issue, i misplaced my narrow lens that comes with the "worm", so i placed a Ledil Tina XP xp-g lens i had lying aroung....
    I looks like a significantly more focused and a bit brightier beam in the middle. However, i cannot tell if it is as efficient as the OEM lens...
    Here's the oem narrow lens:

And here's Tina:

Height is about 3,5 metres

mtbr member
    From memory it was a flat $50 USD for the lighthead and $100 USD for light and new battery
    ...No, I think not. Nice try though.

Just yesterday I got a nice ride in using the X2 on my road set-up. While on this ride I had a really nice two mile down-hill run that also had a lot of blind turns coupled with lots of sudden entrances. The perfect place for a high speed accident if you're not careful. Even in broad daylight I use a strobe/flash on this hill. Yesterday I took this down-hill with my X2 in the Adventure program using the strobe/flash setting. The sun was setting so even more important to "be seen". As I'm going down the hill I spot four people standing about 1500 ft. away standing on the side of the road talking. I could see one of them look up and then all four looking my way. Moments later I passed them doing about 30 mph and for some reason they all had big smiles ( women, you have to love um' ). The strobe on this menu is AWESOME. Absolutely great for being seen in low-light conditions ( and for impressing women... ).

Later on the return trip I traveled some really dark roads. Most of the time I used the 500 lumen mode and never really felt the need for more light unless on an all-out downhill. Definitely with the lamp pointed more straight out I get much better throw.
    I guess that means I'm a happy customer. I look forward to the V2.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Hey Cat, it actually is as I quoted, see Vag's post from Page 19 below. Includes shipping too!

And yeah, the strobe is awesome for low light settings, you can see it lighting up signs miles down the road, cant use it in the dark though.

Hello,

Special for all pre sales

As the people who have purchased this light have noticed we have put a lot of effort on creating what would be our dream light.
    Version 2 is happening because of your feedback. Thank you for this. We feel like we build this V2 together with all of you.

I have personally been around this forum for around a year and a half and I know that if they are some who know how a perfect light should be those are the people who post here.

We have received a great number of presales and we have thought that is is our duty to reward the ones who trusted us first and gave us feedback.

Once our X2-V2 is out we will be sending a special coupon to all our presale buyers. You will be able to purchase the V2 Lighthead with 50 USD and the full package with 100 USD (shipping included for both options).
    Then you can have a V1 in the bars and a V2 in the helmet

Ok, that's all with big announcements for today.

On Behalf of Gloworm
    Vag

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Hi Everyone,

Well we have some good news. We are just finalizing Version 2.0 for sale.

We can confirm it will be offered to our original purchases for a special price. We will email our pre-order customers early next week.

I can say however the new light is much brighter with a hotter centre but still usable light on the periphery.

I will sort out some beam shots this weekend.....but while you wait for those I have some sneak peaks of the light itself.

Thanks for your patience and continued support.

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm NZ

Gloworm Website

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Sweet Bruce, I just ordered one - hopefully mine will get down to me in Quakechurch for a night race i'm entering on Wednesday - Stupid Easter getting in the way

mtbr member
    Hey Cat, it actually is as I quoted, see Vag's post from Page 19 below. Includes shipping too!

And yeah, the strobe is awesome for low light settings, you can see it lighting up signs miles down the road, cant use it in the dark though.
    Meow! I stand corrected! Been a while since I saw that post. Thanks TB.

@Bruce, couldn't help but the notice the last picture has the lamp with X2 written on the back.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Hey Bruce, looking good!
    Is the light stil rated at 1200 lumen? You mentioned it was brighter, just wondering if that meant a higher lumen rating or just better use of available lumen? Think you also said it now uses the U2 LED which is also brighter from what i understand

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Meow! I stand corrected! Been a while since I saw that post. Thanks TB.

@Bruce, couldn't help but the notice the last picture has the lamp with X2 written on the back.
    Yes......? It is the X2

Why the comment Cat?
    Gloworm Website

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Hey Bruce, looking good!
    Is the light stil rated at 1200 lumen? You mentioned it was brighter, just wondering if that meant a higher lumen rating or just better use of available lumen? Think you also said it now uses the U2 LED which is also brighter from what i understand
    It makes better use of the available lumens in addition to being brighter as a result of the U2 LEDs. Overall it is about 1300 lumens. Brighter centre not as bright and obtrusive on the outside of the beam but still usable
    Gloworm Website

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    It makes better use of the available lumens in addition to being brighter as a result of the U2 LEDs. Overall it is about 1300 lumens. Brighter centre not as bright and obtrusive on the outside of the beam but still usable
    Thanks!
    Is that with the standard spot/ flood setting, or spot/ spot?

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Thanks!
    Is that with the standard spot/ flood setting, or spot/ spot?
    Thats with the spot/flood combo
    Gloworm Website

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I'm quite excited for the V2. Weather hasn't been warm enough here for night rides here in Toronto, Canada, but I should be fully ready when the second version is fully ready.

mtbr member
    I could have sworn I attached pictures to my two previous posts, but I don't see any pictures attached now. I must have messed up somehow as I was trying to do it from my android tablet and not my laptop. Well hopefully these pics show up now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Introducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-headstrap7.jpg  

Introducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-headstrap8.jpg  

Introducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-headstrap9.jpg  

mtbr member
    Thanks Gloworm for the update on the new version of the X2.

mtbr member
    Yes......? It is the X2

Why the comment Cat?
    Somehow I thought it would be called V2. ....I guess that means the logo stays the same.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusHQ View Post
    I could have sworn I attached pictures to my two previous posts, but I don't see any pictures attached now. I must have messed up somehow as I was trying to do it from my android tablet and not my laptop. Well hopefully these pics show up now.
    Yep, they were there, gone now for some reason.......

mtbr member
    Yep, they were there, gone now for some reason.......
    Thanks, at least I know I didn't hallucinate the whole thing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusHQ View Post
    Thanks, at least I know I didn't hallucinate the whole thing.
    No, you didn't hallucinate. Sunday night the MTBR website crashed. It didn't come back up for more than 19 hrs. During that time I think a lot of stuff was lost. I just noticed earlier today that almost all of my saved PM's are missing ( more than 4 years of contacts )..

I have no idea if they can be recovered but I sent an email off to the website administrator.
    .......I'll not be holding my breath though waiting to get anything back.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Cool light.

night riding enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by cantitoeroad View Post
    Cool light.
    XQZ me???

I suppose this is one way to make up your minimum of 10 posts...

night riding enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Giant-Lander View Post
    Regarding the lens selection issue, i misplaced my narrow lens that comes with the "worm", so i placed a Ledil Tina XP xp-g lens i had lying aroung....
    I looks like a significantly more focused and a bit brightier beam in the middle. However, i cannot tell if it is as efficient as the OEM lens...
    Here's the oem narrow lens:

And here's Tina:

Height is about 3,5 metres
    Looks a lot brighter in the beamshot. Have you tried it outside yet?

Is it a double Tina or did you replace one or both optics. Also, was the first pic the spot-spot combo or standard spot-flood.

I'd like to replce my spot-spot optic with something tighter if possible. A few millimetres bigger at this scale would make a noticeable difference. I presume the "Tina" doesn't use the little plastic holders that come with the optics.

Finlly, where did u get the "Tina" from in the first place and how much was it?