Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    It seems that me and Giant-Lander are among the luckiest , since we 've got ours from the hands of CREATOR (Vag) !!!
    And , I 've tried it at least once, in commuting , on a "freeday" event , with some ...hundreds cyclists ...

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ckesinis View Post
    It seems that me and Giant-Lander are among the luckiest , since we 've got ours from the hands of CREATOR (Vag) !!!
    And , I 've tried it at least once, in commuting , on a "freeday" event , with some ...hundreds cyclists ...
    Were you wearing your "Gloworm" endorsement shirt during this event?
    Can't wait to get my lights. Haven't gone riding for over a week now since I sold my MagicShine type knockoffs. Come on lights! Get here already!

Can everyone please post pics as they get them! I have a feeling I'll be the last of the bunch....

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by ndisgii View Post
    By the way, I should have asked before ordering, but anyways, what is the warranty period on these things? Lifetime right :-) ......Thanks!
    Seems we forgot this one. I am not sure if it is already up in the website-if it is not you'll find it soon.

Here you go:

2 years for light head
    180 days for battery

Nevertheless, if you have any problem after the 2 years, drop us an e-mail and we'll work out something together

Also, for Cat, the Strobe is a quick flash seperated by a 2 second pause.

Greets,
    Vag
    Gloworm Manufacturing
    Last edited by Gloworm Manufacture; 01-25-2012 at 05:17 PM.

night riding enthusiast
    A TWO second pause? At 40kph that's about 22m between flashes. yikes seems awfully slow to me. I was hoping for 1 or 2 Hz.
    Click the thumbs up button if you have a thumb...

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by GraXXoR View Post
    A TWO second pause? At 40kph that's about 22m between flashes. yikes seems awfully slow to me. I was hoping for 1 or 2 Hz.
    Hey GraXXor,

Sorry to alarm you!

I'll just clarify a couple of definitions:

Flash = 2Hz (2 flashes per second)
    Strobe = 1 flash every 2 seconds
    Dim = not very bright

The Flash mode is incorporated in the Commuter Programme only and is designed for use in traffic etc.

The Strobe mode is incorporated in the Adventure Programme and is meant as an emergency signal in the event the user gets lost etc. It's frequency means that the signal can be used for long periods of time (low battery drain). i.e. 2 days on a full battery.

I hope that clears things up?

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm
    NZ

night riding enthusiast
    @Gloworm

Great news. My impression of a "strobe" is more of a seizure inducing affair, though... so a naming change might be in order in the documentation if others agree....

mtbr member
    May 2011
    ^^^^ I agree. The "strobe" mode might be better served being called Beacon mode.

night riding enthusiast
    Emergency Flash might be even better.

As an aside, according to DHL, mine's been stuck in Hong Kong since the 21st! Hope it comes soon.

night riding enthusiast
    @gloworm

2 year guarantee? Very nice given its preorder status!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GraXXoR View Post
    Emergency Flash might be even better.

As an aside, according to DHL, mine's been stuck in Hong Kong since the 21st! Hope it comes soon.
    Probably Chinese New Year

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloworm Manufacture
    The Flash mode is incorporated in the Commuter Programme only and is designed for use in traffic etc.

The Strobe mode is incorporated in the Adventure Programme and is meant as an emergency signal in the event the user gets lost etc. It's frequency means that the signal can be used for long periods of time (low battery drain). i.e. 2 days on a full battery.
    This sounds like it's something for me, since I'm both commuting and I like to get lost ... well, not that I like it. it just happens Good thing I got a phone with gps

I want to replace the light that I got when I bought my bike. Doesn't have a lot of lumen.
    I'm gonna have a look into ordering yours. It seems to be such a pretty and durable lamp.
    Last edited by saltpot; 02-08-2012 at 09:22 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloworm Manufacture View Post
    Hey everyone,

I am about to receive all NZ/AUS orders, so will be sending those on Friday (NZ Time). Those orders will be received next week.
    Hi Bruce, just curious, did these orders ship? Havent seen any tracking info as yet.

night riding enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by tb123 View Post
    Hi Bruce, just curious, did these orders ship? Havent seen any tracking info as yet.
    i kept checking my email and then found a PM on MTBR from Vag. with the number DOH!

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Tb123 - just sent PM

mtbr member
    Wondering the same thing

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by Purt View Post
    Wondering the same thing
    Quick update on orders bound for NZ/Aus....

2 packages bound for NZ were sent from our office on 18/19th, one with DHL and one with TNT. The TNT one had all the orders the DHL had 6 extra lights (without extra lenses etc).

Now it turns out that the box that arrived (today) contained the 6 and not the orders. Word of advice never use TNT

The TNT shipment with the orders is still enroute and was most likely held up by Chinese NY.

In summary, I will send out the first 6 orders (on time of order) on Tuesday (its public holiday in NZ on Monday). There maybe some extra lenses missing, but these will be sent out separately FOC.

We apologise for the delay/misinformation and will pass info as it comes to hand.

Bruce
    Gloworm
    NZ
    Last edited by Gloworm Manufacture; 01-27-2012 at 04:44 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Word of advice never use TNT
    No fault of yours. FME they are horrendous. Ask around and you'll see, they've worked earnestly to earn themselves the acronym: "Totally Not Trustworthy"

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Tb123 - just sent PM
    Thanks for the update Bruce

mtbr member
    May 2004
    What is the status of US orders. I have not received any tracking information. Thanks!

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks04 View Post
    What is the status of US orders. I have not received any tracking information. Thanks!
    Hey Brooks.......check your email, tracking number sent

Also, that goes for most other orders in the USA

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm
    NZ

ww.glowormlites.co.nz

Something to look at!!

Enjoy some product shots we recently took!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I can just picture some cool shades and helmets to go along with the Gloworm logo ....and gloves.

mtbr member
    Oh crap. I see you are sending these Fed-EX.

Me and Fed-ex man never seem to be at the same place at the same time. I would of rather preferred "Priority Mail". With Priority Mail, if I'm not home when the postman comes knocking I just pick it up the next day at the post office ( 1 mile from my home ). With Fed-Ex I have to either "be home" or not get the shipment.

Now I might be able to set up an advance delivery time on-line. I'll have to check on that. The last time I had something shipped via Fed-Ex I had to pick it up at their depot ( 20 miles away )...not the ideal situation.

( *update: I'm checking to see if the parcel can be delivered to a local "Parcel Plus" office but I won't know anything till Monday.. )

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Cat - I don't think its Fed Ex. If you put your tracking # in google it IDs it as a USPS tracking #.

Correction, its both:

Low Weight Residential Shipping & Returns – FedEx SmartPost®

By utilizing the U.S. Postal Service® for final delivery, FedEx SmartPost reaches every U.S. address, including P.O. boxes and military APO, FPO and DPO destinations. You can even use FedEx SmartPost to ship to Alaska, Hawaii and all U.S. territories.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by syadasti View Post
    Cat - I don't think its Fed Ex. If you put your tracking # in google it IDs it as a USPS tracking #.

Correction, its both:

Low Weight Residential Shipping & Returns – FedEx SmartPost®
    Well my e-mail from GW said FedEx and FedEx does have the tracking number listed. I know nothing about this FedEx SmartPost or even if that is how it will be handled. I did check the USPS tracking and there is no listing with USPS.

( **UPDATE: syadasti, Yes, you are right. I do see it listed on the FedEx Smart Post tracking. Should arrive on Friday the 3rd. )

Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast