Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,200 of 1224
    mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Edit: Hoping against hope to be able to get some night riding in this weekend if the Friday morning deliveries include the package. But CRGMoto has shipped a second ion battery charger today since it may be that the original replacement is hung-up in transit somewhere. Although the UK is in the EU, there are still national boarders to cross. Anything can happen.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by TH-X15; 07-04-2013 at 11:33 AM.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Drop me an email at bruce@glowormlites.co.nz and I will sort you out with a new charger asap. Apologies for the lack of response from the UK.

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm Website

'...it's more fun with the lites on!'

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Done. And thanks.
    Cheers.
    Tim

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Glowormlites UK
    Nov 2012
    Another replacement charger was posted Airmail so should be with you shortly
    Last edited by crgmoto; 07-11-2013 at 01:46 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Hi Danny,

Got it, a second replacement charger has been shipped. One of them is sure to get here next week.
    Many thanks.
    Last edited by TH-X15; 07-11-2013 at 06:19 AM.

Glowormlites UK
    Nov 2012
    New charger should be with you asap.
    Last edited by crgmoto; 07-11-2013 at 01:48 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Gloworm Manufacture View Post
    Regards the warmer tint, it is something we are testing in the X1 and X2 in addition to some new offerings that we are working on. There are major benefits to the softer light and we are starting to see this. However it is a fine balance getting the intensity and tint just right. Watch this space.

Cheers

Bruce
    Agree. Before I got the X1 to go with the X2 I was running a Fenix PD32UE on the bars which is a true 400L using the XML T6 neutral white emitter. Definition and colour rendition was really nice and also helps when its been raining as well as lessens reflective glare off the wet surfaces. As said earlier, lumen outputs seem to be plenty enough now so the latest neutral emitters with the more efficient runtime benefits would be the best of both worlds in my opinion. To be honest I realise max output lumens sounds great marketing wise but for a 10% reduction in output for neutral emitters I'd seriously go there. Especially since personally I only run the X1 and x2 on the 600/900 lumen settings and not their respective maximums at the moment anyway 90% of the time as that's more than enough. So for maybe a marketing point of difference it's a risk but based on how popular neutral is on the torch forums, hopefully it wouldn't be too much of a hard sell. Its nice seeing daytime colours at night...

mtbr member
    Any recommendations on where to buy replacement O-rings for the X2 and X1? Home Depot? Lowes? The local hardware store?

I did a quick search through the thread and couldn't find definitive answer. Thanks!
    -Pete

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Got my replacement charger in today's mail. Unfortunately and for whatever reason the first replacement charger never arrived and it seems to simply have been gone missing in transit, and that is in no way the fault of shipper. I'm glad I was able to push my frustration down and force myself to be patient because this was the light that I really wanted to go with after spending a good many hours pouring over every review of bike lights I could find online.

A special thanks to CRGMoto for understanding my frustration and shipping out a second charger pronto which is now working just fine.
    Name:  xadj.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  10.5 KB

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Picked up my special order (non stock item) Gloworm X1 and Gloworm X2 from my LBS For The Riders on Wednesday after work.

Managed to put them on the bike last night, looking forward to Sat morning pre dawn ride to test them out.

Spent a bit of time trying to find the right location to put them on the helmet (X1) and bike handlebars (X2). Really want to hang the X2 below the headstem so it's safe and protected from me stacking the bike, but looks like I have an issue with cables blocking the light. Will have to stick the allen key in my pocket for any on trail adjustments required.

mtbr member
    May 2008

Introducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system

Hey, Bruce here! Drop me an email on bruce@glowormlites.co.nz, I'll let you know some good spots. I may even have time to personally show you some areas. Cheers
    Bruce
    We are about to cross to the South Island. Unfortunately my schedule is booked solid with kid friendly things. You have an amazing country here. We are really enjoying it

Michael
    2011 Niner Air9carbon
    2014 Niner Rip9 alloy
    2014 Salsa El Mariachi SS Steel

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by shiftless89 View Post
    Bruce
    We are about to cross to the South Island. Unfortunately my schedule is booked solid with kid friendly things. You have an amazing country here. We are really enjoying it

Michael
    Hey Michael - glad you're enjoying it! Love the South Island, though don't get down there enough. Booked solid here at the moment too....busy designing the next big thing!

Bruce
    Gloworm Website

Midwest Rider
    What an epic thread! I had been reading it through all last week as I was in the market and having a hard time deciding with all the choices.

Well, my L&M Arc NiMH battery didn't even make it to my turn-around point this morning so it was time to pull the trigger.

I chose Gloworm Manufacture (X2) purchased from Jim at Action LED Lights because of their most helpful presence on this forum.

I really appreciate everyone else's input and pictures as well.

Another selling point for me was the mounting system. Others strap a bar to your helmet so can use integrated light head strap. My old L&M had two separate mounts attached by screw and I like that system.

I kind of wish I could have the user-programmable levels, but coming from medium/high only, I'm sure I won't be too deprived.
    Gary Fisher Tassajara ∑ Santa Cruz Heckler ∑ Hoffman Disrupter IL1 ∑ Suzuki DR-Z400SM | | [PICS]

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    used my X2 for the first time this season last week and my impromptu night ride with my buddies almost got awry. i was ready to awe them with how bright my light was until the MOUNTING SCREW broke off! i was frantic to find a quick fix when i remembered i kept the baggies that came with my light and was relieved to see that there was an extra MOUNTING SCREW! im thinking this was for the handlebar mount.

so question would be would anyone know where i can get a replacement MOUNTING SCREW. . im thinking id find one at HOME DEPOT but am not sure what SIZE/SPEC screw to get. . as this light is made in NZ, im not really sure if it (NZ) uses the same SCREW standard as the US.

ive had the light less than a year, used at most, 3-4 times and the screw SNAPS on me?
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO
    2012 TREK SUPERFLY AL ELITE

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by bapski View Post
    used my X2 for the first time this season last week and my impromptu night ride with my buddies almost got awry. i was ready to awe them with how bright my light was until the MOUNTING SCREW broke off! i was frantic to find a quick fix when i remembered i kept the baggies that came with my light and was relieved to see that there was an extra MOUNTING SCREW! im thinking this was for the handlebar mount.

so question would be would anyone know where i can get a replacement MOUNTING SCREW. . im thinking id find one at HOME DEPOT but am not sure what SIZE/SPEC screw to get. . as this light is made in NZ, im not really sure if it (NZ) uses the same SCREW standard as the US.

ive had the light less than a year, used at most, 3-4 times and the screw SNAPS on me?
    Just contact them directly. I am sure they will take care of you.

Their service has been outstanding.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz

Hey bapski,

Just send me an e-mail at vaggelis@glowormlites.co.nz and we'll try to find a solution ASAP.

The good news is that we have changed the bolt with a stainless steel one and we can send you some.

Cheers,
    Vag
    Gloworm Website

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Hey bapski,

Just send me an e-mail at vaggelis@glowormlites.co.nz and we'll try to find a solution ASAP.

The good news is that we have changed the bolt with a stainless steel one and we can send you some.

Cheers,
    Vag
    email sent... thank you for the VERY QUICK reply. .
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

night riding enthusiast

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by allenpg View Post
    Any recommendations on where to buy replacement O-rings for the X2 and X1? Home Depot? Lowes? The local hardware store?

I did a quick search through the thread and couldn't find definitive answer. Thanks!
    -Pete
    I just buy a set from deal extreme (DX.COM) they have tabs which makes them much easier to attach/detach than the stock efforts.
    Click the thumbs up button if you have a thumb...

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by allenpg View Post

-Pete
    Pete,

The O-rings used on most of these lights are made of silicone rubber and are not the same as what you would find at a hardware store. They have much more stretch. You can use the rings sold for most other bikes or if your in a pinch use a heavy rubber band doubled over as necessary . I find the one off a bunch of broccoli works well.
    We sell Magicshine (the tabbed ones mentioned above) or Gemini O-rings. (they are heavier than the stock Gloworm O-rings) Or I do have a few Gloworm sets on hand but don't have them listed right now. I'll put them up if your interested
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

mtbr member

At Lowes they have a special board for matching bolts/screws. ( or just ask an employee to help ) I'm assuming you are talking about the allen bolt that screws into the side of the lamp(?). Whether it's metric or not won't make a difference as they have both. Not sure they will have the correct length, head type or color but they should have something that will work. As long as the threads match and the length is right it should work. Just bring the one you have with you so you can match it up.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    At Lowes they have a special board for matching bolts/screws. ( or just ask an employee to help ) I'm assuming you are talking about the allen bolt that screws into the side of the lamp(?). Whether it's metric or not won't make a difference as they have both. Not sure they will have the correct length, head type or color but they should have something that will work. As long as the threads match and the length is right it should work. Just bring the one you have with you so you can match it up.
    thanks. was planning to do that till Vag chimed in and instructed me to send an email. already sent the email and enabled the option to inform me if email has been read. sent email last night and i havent gotten my confirmation yet. im assuming this will be the same case as the replacement Velcro strips that never came from last year.

so yeah.. i might as well go to Home Depot or Lowes for the a temporary spare MOUNTING SCREW until i receive my replacement screws from GLOWWORM.
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

Action LED Lights
    Bapski,

Send me your address. We have some extra bolts (and Velcro straps too) and can help you out.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

mtbr member
    May 2005
    ....but am not sure what SIZE/SPEC screw to get. . as this light is made in NZ, im not really sure if it (NZ) uses the same SCREW standard as the US.
    That light is built in China , not NZ. It uses standard metric thread for the mount screw. The metric section at any reasonable hardware store or auto parts store will have the correct thread size.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Action LED Lights View Post
    Bapski,

Send me your address. We have some extra bolts (and Velcro straps too) and can help you out.
    email sent. thank you ..
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

Slovakia (Europe)
    I think the easiest way is to take the light head to the store which sells the screws/bolts (I don't know the right name of such store in your country) and try the correct bolt size. Easy and fast solution...

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Hey Michael - glad you're enjoying it! Love the South Island, though don't get down there enough. Booked solid here at the moment too....busy designing the next big thing!

Bruce
    missing New Zealand already. what an amazing place.....

Bruce, now any new details on this "next big thing" I will be watching for details

mtbr member
    Just wanted to put a plug in here for these lights. I've had the X2 lights for about 18 months noq. I've used them on average once/week for a 2 hr night ride. I've also done probably 6 night races with them. They are amazing in every way. No regrets. Super bright. Amazing value.

Couple months ago I had one of the remote switches come apart on me as I was taking it off the velcro on my helmet. I emailed Vag about it and he had a rep in New Jersey contact me (I live in Maryland). Sent me a new light within a couple days. EXCELLENT customer service.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Vag. I can't resist buying a product from someone with the best name ever.
    My real name is Hugh Jass.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Hmmm... Nice little teaser up on the Facebook page. When do we get the juicy details??

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Bluth View Post
    Vag. I can't resist buying a product from someone with the best name ever.
    Hey,

My full name is Vaggelis but i just renamed myself to Vag for simplicity and for my own pleasure.

Greets from Interbike. Btw, new products are just announced here. Check our fb page.

Cheers,
    Vag
    Gloworm Website

mtbr member
    Hey,

My full name is Vaggelis but i just renamed myself to Vag for simplicity and for my own pleasure.

Greets from Interbike. Btw, new products are just announced here. Check our fb page.

Cheers,
    Vag
    FYI, there is like a million reference names on Facebook with the name, "Gloworm" or some variation there of in the title. I went to the New Zealand website and clicked the Facebook link there. No go, dead link. This is why I don't do social websites to find out information about products.

My .02 cents...When the products become available best just to post here on MTBR.

mtbr member

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Introducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-imageuploadedbytapatalk1379685305.529988.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nice update on the X2. Need to see beamshots of the XS.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Wow...an X3. Can't wait to see the beam pics of that!! Wonder how well it would go with my X1?

Will there be a pre sale for it?
    "By Your Command"

mtbr member
    Not sure what they are calling the new Triple ( XS? ). Looks interesting if this is indeed a real 2200 lumen lamp. Wondering what the UI will be like and if wired remotes are still in the picture.

Will there be a pre sale for it?
    I hope so but I have other things I want answered before I consider upgrading.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz

So Cat, here is some info for you and other forum users. The triple is called the XS (Excess) and features a remote switch and a new user interface or UI and comes standard with the Gloworm QR mount.

It is a true 2200 lumen light and this will be confirmed using an integrating sphere within the next 4 or so weeks. It is run at the same current as the X2 and features a superior boost driver with efficiencies in excess of 95%. Additionally it will be sent into Francios for testing.

Unfortunately there will not be any presale specials.

The new UI features two default programmes built in, the first accessed by a single button press the second by a double click, like a computer mouse. The first features three light levels the second two levels. Both feature our special mode. The user can now customise each individual light level in addition to being able to choose which special mode is preferred in each programme. Essentially the user can customise two programmes that can be used at any time and change the settings in the fly using the single button.

Cheers

Bruce

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by Gloworm Manufacture; 10-12-2013 at 02:12 AM.
    Gloworm Website

mtbr member
    So Cat, here is some info for you and other forum users. The triple is called the XS (Excess) and features a remote switch and a new user interface or UI and comes standard with the Gloworm QR mount.

It is a true 2200 lumen light and this will be confirmed using an integrating sphere within the next 4 or so weeks. It is run at the same current as the X2 and features a superior boost driver with efficiencies in excess of 95%. Additionally it will be sent into Francios for testing.

It also features our new custom optics which give 10% better performance than the previous ones.

The new UI features two default programmes built in, the first accessed by a single button press the second by a double click, like a computer mouse. The first features three light levels the second two levels. Both feature our special mode. The user can now customise each individual light level in addition to being able to choose which special mode is preferred in each programme. Essentially the user can customise two programmes that can be used at any time and change the settings in the fly using the single button.

Cheers

Bruce

Cheers Bruce, and thanks for the feedback.

I assume both the new ( Triple ) XS and the upgraded X2 are both using XM-L2 emitters and have wired remotes??

I'll take your word about the optics but concerning the emitters; What tint or Kelvin rating are going to be used?

New user interface sounds sweet. See if I get this straight; If I choose the three mode programm I can set each of the three levels to the brightness level I want?? ...AND...I can choose which sub-mode to use as well? Cool.. , to my ears.

Huh!... Awe cat crap. Just when you's was on a roll. ...

Last question: Will the "Lamp head only" option still be offered?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Cheers
    Bruce

Man...this sounds expensive already! Bracing for the price.
    "By Your Command"

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Yeah bummer about the no presale. Was looking forward to possibly upgrading from my x2 at a nice price. Will have to wait and see now.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz

Yes, light head only will be available through Action LED in about 6 weeks or so.

To answer your other question, yes yo will also be able to select the special mode...flash, dim or beacon.

Essentially you will be able to fully customise the light to suit your needs. You will be able to setup up two programmes for two completely different uses both accessible with a couple of simple clicks.

Pricing will be $359 RRP and will include the Gloworm QR mount (this retails at $40 alone)

2014 prices on other units are as follows:

Cx 600 lumen $129
    X1 950 lumen $209
    X2 1500 lumen $259
    XS 2200 lumen $359

Cheers

Bruce

Gloworm Website

mtbr member
    Yes, light head only will be available through Action LED in about 6 weeks or so.

To answer your other question, yes yo will also be able to select the special mode...flash, dim or beacon.

Essentially you will be able to fully customise the light to suit your needs. You will be able to setup up two programmes for two completely different uses both accessible with a couple of simple clicks...
    So both the upgraded X2 and new XS have remotes and the new UI? I just want to be clear on that.

Still, with all the hoop-la over new emitters I would like a little more info on the emitters and the expected kelvin rating.

Any idea on the expected cost of the "lamp head only" options? The XS will likely be out of my price range but I might be able to afford the upgraded X2.

Oh, almost forgot, about the optics...
    What optics are coming with the lamps? I like tighter beam patterns. Is there going to be other optics ( like before ) for people with different preferences? It would be a complete drag to buy a new lamp only to find out that it didn't have the throw of the previous model ( although I doubt that will be the case ) I truly expect a brighter lamp with more spill and more throw.

Action LED Lights
    I saw these new and updated lights at Interbike last week. They are sweet. Lots of nice upgrades even to the existing models. New emitters, new programming, redesigned switch, high capacity battery options, & more.
    Yes, we'll have the first shipment as soon as they are available with lighthead only and battery options part of the mix.
    The XS looks like it will come stock with 2 spot and 1 flood optic installed with additional optics available. As soon as I have one in my hands I'll do a distribution test with each combination.
    From what I saw at the show the color temperature will be the same as before, some where around 6000K. They are using the U2 bin of the XM-L2 so these are the top of the line. One of the advantages of these XM-L2's is that they hold up to heat better which makes them very well suited to our use.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

It also features our new custom optics which give 10% better performance than the previous ones.
    Are the new optics compatitable with the older X2 and X1 models? If so can they be purchased on their own?
    "By Your Command"

mtbr member
    I saw these new and updated lights at Interbike last week. They are sweet. Lots of nice upgrades even to the existing models. New emitters, new programming, redesigned switch, high capacity battery options, & more.
    Yes, we'll have the first shipment as soon as they are available with lighthead only and battery options part of the mix.
    The XS looks like it will come stock with 2 spot and 1 flood optic installed with additional optics available. As soon as I have one in my hands I'll do a distribution test with each combination.
    From what I saw at the show the color temperature will be the same as before, some where around 6000K. They are using the U2 bin of the XM-L2 so these are the top of the line. One of the advantages of these XM-L2's is that they hold up to heat better which makes them very well suited to our use.
    Sweet!...that answers that question. Looks like I'll be on board for an upgraded X2. Not that I really need the extra output, for me the lure is the upgraded user interface that should be "Perfect".

I'm also impressed that the Gloworm people are rating the new X2 at 1500 lumen. I don't think they would do that if they really didn't feel that the lamp actually produced that much OTF.

For those people who have the bucks to purchase an XS...well...I think you will get one heck of a nice lamp. Of that I have no doubt.

Jim, Thanks for the feedback. I'll be watching/waiting to see how much the "Lamp head only" options are.

posted by pucked up
    Are the new optics compatitable with the older X2 and X1 models? If so can they be purchased on their own?
    I'll second that question.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

I hate to be a pain here but, are these new optics 10% better using the old emitters (XM-L's)? Or are they 10% better with the new emitters (XM-L2's)? If it's with the new XM-L2's you really can not make that claim as the newer XM-L2's are 20% brighter.

You'll need to test the new optics with the old emitters to see if there are any gains. I'm hoping there is.
    "By Your Command"

Action LED Lights
    If I have it right, and I'm 95% sure I do, the new optics are 10% better regardless of what emitter they are on. No optic or reflector is perfect. The best polished aluminum reflectors reflect about 90% of the light that hits them. Optics lose light that leaks out the sides and is absorbed by the material. They seem to vary widely in efficiency. Gloworm has worked with their optic designer to come up with a 10% improvement in OTF efficiency. I'll let Gloworm confirm but I'm 95% sure these new optics are backwards compatable with existing X2's so you could get this improvement by just switching optics. The new LED's and the new optics will give you even more.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

Battle Axe
    I'd like to buy an X1 and X2, but it sounds like I should wait for the new versions. Do I understand correctly that they'll be available in about 6 weeks?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

2014 prices on other units are as follows:

Cx 600 lumen $129
    X1 950 lumen $209
    X2 1500 lumen $259
    XS 2200 lumen $359
    $259 is that with a 4-cell battery?

What about the XS at $359, seems like that should come with a 6 cell battery.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz

Hey all, passing through Yosemite National Park as I write this......the new optics are appx 10% brighter regardless of the emitter, well actually we tested them with the previous emitters. So all up increase is including optics and new emitters.

Unfortunately the new optics a not backwards compatible, to get an increased output we needed to lengthen the optics by 1.2mm and play around with the interior design also.

The X2 will be powered using a 5800 mAhr 4 cell battery. The XS will also be powered by a 4 cell battery.........a 6800mAhr battery, using new 3400 Panasonic cells.

Additionally we are using the XM-L2 U2 LED....The brightest bin available.

Cheers

Bruce

Gloworm Website

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Bruce,

When will the GoPro mount be available in the US? I saw a pic from Interbike and would really like to check it out. Thanks!

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by yoeddy View Post
    I'd like to buy an X1 and X2, but it sounds like I should wait for the new versions. Do I understand correctly that they'll be available in about 6 weeks?
    New versions of the X1 and X2 should be here in 3-4 weeks.
    Two reasons you may not want to wait. The prices (on our site) are going up about 10% with the new lights, and I'm offering a 10% discount (from the current price) on existing stock. Discount Code MTBR-GLO.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

Action LED Lights
    The new X1 and X2 are on the way and should arrive before the end of the week. Listings should go up tonight.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Any news on the XS model?
    2014 Trek Fuel EX 9.8 29er
    2003 Klein Palomino
    2000 Klein Adept Pro
    1999 Specialized Hardrock

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Wondering if someone can help me, I just received my X2 V3 and I love it, have used it twice, but I think its faulty (unless im doing something wrong) when cycling through the lights power settings it gets stuck on full and then wont turn off. The only way to turn it off is to pull the power pack, then it wont turn on and the only way is to hold the button in for 15 seconds to reset the light.

After a reset the light works ok again for a few more cycles but then locks again on the highest cycle and wont turn off. I only press the button once to change cycles and I wait a good 10 seconds between presses. I love the light but this is so frustrating

Action LED Lights
    Rotaholic,

Sounds like you have a problem. If you got the light from us let me know and we'll get a new one on the way to you. If not, contact who ever you got it from and a replacement light head should be simple.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Hey thanks for the quick response Jim, I purchased the light here in New Zealand but wasn't sure if it was user error. I will contact the store I got it from for an exchange/warrenty. Thanks again

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Hi all, quick question for those who use this light on different bikes regularly (eg, MTB and Commute, on the same day) Is it possible to replace the pivot screw with a thumbscrew of some type ? it seems to me there must be a quicker/easier way of switching between helmet and bars ?

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by pstanbis View Post
    Hi all, quick question for those who use this light on different bikes regularly (eg, MTB and Commute, on the same day) Is it possible to replace the pivot screw with a thumbscrew of some type ? it seems to me there must be a quicker/easier way of switching between helmet and bars ?
    No reason you couldn't leave the helmet mount bracket on the helmet and just unscrew the mounting bolt. It might be hard to find a thumb screw with the right thread. (I'll have to check on what that is tomorrow) you could also put the O-ring mount on the light and use a Gemini or Magicshine O-ring type helmet mount but you would lose the low profile of the Gloworm mount.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Thanks for the swift reply !
    Yes, leaving the mount on the helmet was the plan. I hadn't considered the gemini helmet mount though. The DUO was the alternative to getting the X2, and the mount doesn't look too much more bulky than the X2 native mount.
    Re. the thumbscrew, I haven't got the light in front of me, but I kind of assumed it was just an M4 or M5 bolt - was mainly wondering if the light body would suffer, given that it would be screwed/unscrewed at least 4 times a week, at least during the winter months, and also if the clamping pressure would be sufficient with 'finger tight'.

Many Thanks, once again.

Action LED Lights
    Thanks for the swift reply !
    Yes, leaving the mount on the helmet was the plan. I hadn't considered the gemini helmet mount though. The DUO was the alternative to getting the X2, and the mount doesn't look too much more bulky than the X2 native mount.
    Re. the thumbscrew, I haven't got the light in front of me, but I kind of assumed it was just an M4 or M5 bolt - was mainly wondering if the light body would suffer, given that it would be screwed/unscrewed at least 4 times a week, at least during the winter months, and also if the clamping pressure would be sufficient with 'finger tight'.

Many Thanks, once again.
    Yes, finger tight with a thumb screw would do the job. Your tightening against a couple of O-rings to provide friction. Keep a little grease on the threads and they should be fine as long as your careful and don't get them crossed.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

Slovakia (Europe)
    ...was mainly wondering if the light body would suffer, given that it would be screwed/unscrewed at least 4 times a week, at least during the winter months...
    2 lightheads would solve that

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    2 lightheads would solve that
    I like the way you think.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

Slovakia (Europe)

DIY remote control handlebar mount

DIY remote control handlebar mount made from BBB Easyfit bicycle bell and 3Mô Dual Lockô Recloseable Fastener . I replaced original velcro hooks on remote control with 3M Dual Lock and the same fastener was used for handlebar mount. Eeasy to do, very nice fit to handlebars, rock solid.
    Bruce, what do you think about such mount as a standard accessory?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Introducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-remote-control-handlebar-mount_02.jpg  

Introducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-remote-control-handlebar-mount_03.jpg  

Introducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-remote-control-handlebar-mount_04.jpg  

Introducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-remote-control-handlebar-mount_06.jpg  

Last edited by PeterG; 06-15-2014 at 02:58 PM.

Action LED Lights

Gloworm Switch Mount

Gloworm has now come out with a mount for their remote switch. Attaching the flat bottom switch to a round handlebar with the included velcro patches has been a less than perfect solution. This new switch mount zip-ties to your bar to give you a secure, flat surface. There now standard with all Gloworm light or available separately if you need an extra or want one for an older light.
    Find it HERE

Introducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-switch-mount1.jpg

Introducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-switch-mount.jpg
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

Slovakia (Europe)
    Wow, almost as good as my solution .

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Hi there. Is there a gopro mount?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Gloworm has now come out with a mount for their remote switch. Attaching the flat bottom switch to a round handlebar with the included velcro patches has been a less than perfect solution. This new switch mount zip-ties to your bar to give you a secure, flat surface. There now standard with all Gloworm light or available separately if you need an extra or want one for an older light.
    Find it HERE
    Looks like a nice solution, and glad to see the company continually improving.

I've had great luck using these velcro tie wraps. Also let's me position/rotate the switch if needed and doesn't leave any adhesive residue/portion on the bar when not in use.

Name:  OneWrapTies_AllPurpose.png
Views: 763
Size:  87.7 KB

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by greasyrider View Post
    Hi there. Is there a gopro mount?
    Gloworm is indeed working on a quick release mount that is compatible with GoPro mounts. I don't have an exact date for availability but it should be soon. Individual brackets will be available to convert current lights. Future head strap will use this quick release bracket. It will also be possible to add a QR bracket to existing head straps.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    That's great Jim, thanks for the response. I thought I'd seen something about this ages ago but thought you might have some licensing issues.
    Glad to hear that it's coming along, and look forward to seeing it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Hey lads,

On my X2's the indicator is stuck on the 20% red mark. And doesnít turn off either?

Is it possible to reset the battery level circuit? Charging it to full and attempting to drain it to nothing currently

Regards,

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarajew View Post
    Hey lads,

On my X2's the indicator is stuck on the 20% red mark. And doesnít turn off either?

Is it possible to reset the battery level circuit? Charging it to full and attempting to drain it to nothing currently

Regards,
    Hey, have just received your email. You'll need to return it to the retailer from which you brought it. They will warranty it. Any issues, drop me another email and we can sort it out for you. Cheers
    Gloworm Website

mtbr member

X2 plus triple

FWIW, I thought I'd try a photo with my new smart phone on tonight's ride. Gloworm X2 is on the bars and a D/X triple Solarstorm clone on the helmet, both on high. Photo didn't turn out as good as I first thought but then again the phone's screen is HD. Not bad though considering I'm not using a tripod.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Introducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-local-patap-trail-14.jpg  

mtbr member
    Directed toward ActionLED:

Jim, I've noticed on my last couple rides that ( at least once every ride ) that I will inadvertently enter the "Stepless adjustment" menu while changing modes on the fly. This usually happens when I am riding fast and switching from standard low to high. To do that fast I have to hit the remote button TWICE in order to skip medium. Problem is if you hit the remote button twice VERY QUICKLY the lamp enters the Stepless program mode. Kind of a buzz kill when in a hairy situation. When it happens you have to stop and reset the mode which is very much a buzz kill. I know not to change modes so fast but sometimes I get caught up in the moment. I know that there were some changes to the user interface with the newer model. Do the new versions still work the same way? Have there been any other complaints?

Going forward I suppose I could try setting my modes ( L-H-M- ...). That might work but if I'm in mid-mode and want high I'm back to double pressing the switch ( slowly ) again and more often than not I like using the mid-mode for general all around riding. ( low I use for slow climbs and yes I use low a lot too ) I'd rather not mess with my mode set-up because I like the current set-up. Sometimes my finger though has a mind of its' own. Would be great if there were some kind of way to lock the stepless feature while riding. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Cat-man-do; 09-12-2014 at 01:43 AM.

Action LED Lights
    Cat,

I will pass the thought on to Gloworm. I've done that myself occasionally. I assume you know that if you double tap when you start up the light you only have two brightness modes. If you find yourself in programming mode, an easy way out is just to unplug the battery for a moment. It reverts back to how it was.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

Slovakia (Europe)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    ...Any thoughts?
    Using of 2-level mode (Medium - Max) for riding with customized Medium according to your taste.

mtbr member
    Cat,

I will pass the thought on to Gloworm. I've done that myself occasionally. I assume you know that if you double tap when you start up the light you only have two brightness modes. If you find yourself in programming mode, an easy way out is just to unplug the battery for a moment. It reverts back to how it was.
    Yes, I know Double tap start up for the two mode menu.

Pulling the plug would be a simple fix but you still have to stop the bike. For people who race perhaps the better option is to use the two mode setting and program the ( press hold ) sub mode to low power for the slow climbs.

Yes, please pass the idea of a "programming lockout" setting on to Gloworm. With lockout in place the lamp could likely change modes very rapidly just like the earlier editions. If you get any positive feedback on this idea let me know as I'm likely their favorite fanCAt.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Anybody bought x2 from crgmoto?
    I bought it 2 weeks ago, asked some questions via email, got instant answer.
    Payed with paypal, and asked for tracking code after 1week and now he doesnt answer at all, ive send like 3 mails after that. Thinking on disputing with paypal.

And its getting dark here

Slovakia (Europe)
    I tried to ask twice at crgmoto about purchase of X2 lighthead only, but haven't received any reply, so finally ordered from Fooh.eu - great communication, offer and service, so bought X2 + X1 finally .

Glowormlites UK
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Oppet View Post
    Anybody bought x2 from crgmoto?
    I bought it 2 weeks ago, asked some questions via email, got instant answer.
    Payed with paypal, and asked for tracking code after 1week and now he doesnt answer at all, ive send like 3 mails after that. Thinking on disputing with paypal.

And its getting dark here
    Hi Teppo - it was shipped over a week ago as notified by email. Please check your spam folder.

Peter - sorry, not sure what went wrong there.

Glowormlites UK
    Nov 2012
    Oppet - thanks for letting me know it arrived. International post can sometimes be slower than expected.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    No problemo. Now doing second charging, first load it show fuel gauge only to 40% when it stopped charging. But we will see

Edit.. seems to work fine now
    Last edited by Oppet; 09-16-2014 at 10:47 PM. Reason: add

Glowormlites UK
    Nov 2012
    Thanks for the update. It would be worth checking that the plug adapter that slides on to the charger is pushed in to place with a click so that it is flush with the bottom of the main charger body.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Am almost certain there was talk of a gopro mount for the X2. And seems like they have this available along with the light. Anybody knows where to purchase just the gopro mount?
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

Action LED Lights
    Am almost certain there was talk of a gopro mount for the X2. And seems like they have this available along with the light. Anybody knows where to purchase just the gopro mount?
    We should have them in a week or two.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

We should have them in a week or two.
    Thanks. Just about the right time. Night-riding will be here soon.
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

Action LED Lights
    The new Gloworm Quick Release mounts have arrived. They will be included with all X1's and X2's orders and are available separately HERE. The head straps now use the same mount. They are compatible with the Go-Pro QR brackets. The helmet bracket is designed to me mounted with a velcro strap but there are also adhesive mounts readily available such as HERE.

Introducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-qr-helmet-combo.jpg
    Introducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-headstrap.jpg
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Wahooo! Ordered! And cant wait!
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    The new Gloworm Quick Release mounts have arrived. They will be included with all X1's and X2's orders and are available separately.
    Jim

What's the difference between the X1 and X2 helmet mounts. It looks like the latter has a wider base?

Tim

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    Jim

What's the difference between the X1 and X2 helmet mounts. It looks like the latter has a wider base?

Tim
    Correct. The wider X2 has a wider base so either light is centered over the mounting bracket.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Wahooo! Ordered! And cant wait!
    Recieved my gopro helmet mount bracket.

From what i understand from action-led website, it says it includes a velcro strap.

The one i received did not come with any velcro strap. Did i understand wrong?

update:

also ordered the Gloworm quick release bracket and right away encountered quality issues.

the quick release bracket is attached to a modified gopro mount by a screw that goes into a nut. while attaching the quick release mount to the helmet mount bracket the screw came loose and came off. i thought it just needed further tightening but no matter how i tried to screw it in to its nut, it just would not tighten!.

just decided to glue the assembly which i hope will solve the problem.

i have not tried to fit my X1 yet to the bracket and hopefully i would not have issues on that aspect.

also noticed the picture of the gopro mount on the action-led website comes with a washer which i hoped the mount i ordered will come with the washer included.

as this washer is small and is easy to misplace, i just thought i would not have to bother to look for a replacement since i thought the gopro mount would have the washer included (as pictured).
    Last edited by bapski; 09-25-2014 at 06:30 PM.
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

Action LED Lights
    Looks like we have some details to work out.
    You should have had a strap for the alloy helmet mount that came with your light. I'll have to see if I have straps to include.
    The washer you are seeing is the larger O-ring of which there are a couple of spares in the small parts bag that comes with the set. You can also use the one off of the alloy mount you are replacing.
    I'll send you a replacement mount for the one with the stripped threads and inspect the ones we have here.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Looks like we have some details to work out.
    You should have had a strap for the alloy helmet mount that came with your light. I'll have to see if I have straps to include.
    The washer you are seeing is the larger O-ring of which there are a couple of spares in the small parts bag that comes with the set. You can also use the one off of the alloy mount you are replacing.
    I'll send you a replacement mount for the one with the stripped threads and inspect the ones we have here.
    Thanks
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Anybody else have trouble with the new Gloworm quick release mounts? The large velcro band the Gloworm system uses to fasten the helmet mount to the helmet irritates my head, so I purchased a genuine Gopro vented helmet mount. Sliding the Gloworm quick release into and out of the genuine Gopro mount is a bit of a project. It's difficult enough to nearly defeat the purpose of "quick release". It's more like a friction fit than a slip fit.

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by db_010 View Post
    Anybody else have trouble with the new Gloworm quick release mounts? The large velcro band the Gloworm system uses to fasten the helmet mount to the helmet irritates my head, so I purchased a genuine Gopro vented helmet mount. Sliding the Gloworm quick release into and out of the genuine Gopro mount is a bit of a project. It's difficult enough to nearly defeat the purpose of "quick release". It's more like a friction fit than a slip fit.
    I looked at a number of the ones we have in stock here and they go together well. (though a little silicone spray makes it easier) Being a new product I would be interested if anyone else is having trouble. bapski above did have one with a small bump on the center rib. You might look for that and sand it down.
    Using 2 straps, one on either side, might work better to fasten the mount to your helmet. If you pull the pads out before installing it shouldn't rub on your head. We do also have self-adhesive ones.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    To clarify, the two parts from Action-Led fit together nicely and clip in and out easily. Compatibility of the Gloworm male clip with a genuine Gopro female clip / helmet mount is what I'm having trouble with, but I've only tried the one Gopro mount. I'll see if I can tinker with it to figure it out someday when I'm in the mood.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Hi Guys
    Could someone confirm the switching off of the X1 or X2 latest models

to turn off the x1,
    holD the remote switch.
    the light will cycle through SM, then
    it will turn off.

Does this means that the light will go through the flash mode before turning off. ie your light going from your steady chosen ouput to a flashes then eventually turning off! I hope I have misunderstood this and the light will turn off without flashing like some light do (very annoying to me)

Also do they have a memory, ie if you are in high and you turn off the light for a few minutes, when you turn it back on would it still be on high or would you be back to what ever your first set mode was?

Bearing in mind the difference in price between an X1 and X2 with the twin cell battery pack which one would be better choice as an helmet light. Thanks

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyraider59 View Post
    Hi Guys
    Could someone confirm the switching off of the X1 or X2 latest models

to turn off the x1,
    holD the remote switch.
    the light will cycle through SM, then
    it will turn off.

Does this means that the light will go through the flash mode before turning off. ie your light going from your steady chosen ouput to a flashes then eventually turning off! I hope I have misunderstood this and the light will turn off without flashing like some light do (very annoying to me)

Also do they have a memory, ie if you are in high and you turn off the light for a few minutes, when you turn it back on would it still be on high or would you be back to what ever your first set mode was?

Bearing in mind the difference in price between an X1 and X2 with the twin cell battery pack which one would be better choice as an helmet light. Thanks
    You have it right in that the light will cycle through Special Mode and then turn off. What that special mode is depends on which program your in (2 levels or 3) or what you have the special mode programed to be. (you can select from dim, flash, or beacon) The only way to avoid the special mode is to unplug the battery.
    No, the light does not remember which brightness level you where in. It always starts in the first level, which can also be programed to be what ever you want. (Such as Hi-Med-Low or Low, Med, Hi)
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

Action LED Lights
    In case you missed it in the XS thread, Gloworm now has a new wide angle optic available.

Name:  X2-XS lens small.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  35.3 KB

We will be including one of these with all Gloworm lights we sell from this point on and have them available for existing owners HERE.
    It does an excellent job of spreading the light horizontally only, not up in the trees were you don't need it. Add one or two of these to customize the light to suit your needs.

Introducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-x2-ssvsww.png
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

mtbr member
    Hi Jim, I am glad to see they have a wide angle which works better than the flood from before. My question is, how would it be running a wide and the spot in the X2? Planning to order and X1 from you soon, so I am trying to decide if running the spot in the X1 on helmet and 2 wides in the X2 on the bars would be better than one spot, one wide in the X2 with the spot in the X1 as well. Have you run any tests with that configuration?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast