Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Install switch on Dinotte 200L-AA-L

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  chas_martel 
#1 ·
I have a Dinotte 200L-AA-L which I mount on my helment as a secondary light to my Inolight 10. The problem is that I have to leave it on as it is too difficult to operate the switch on the light while wearing gloves.

Could I install a waterproff push button switch between the battery and the light? I would clip the switch to my jacket and just punch it on or off when needed.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Jim

#2 ·
It would not work. There is no way to keep the light turned "on," and then just supply power via the switch you are suggesting and have it fire up. You will notice that no matter what you do with the power button, when you first connect the battery pack the light flashes, but does not stay on. It is just acknowledging seeing the batteries, but this needs to be followed by a double click on the button to make the light fire up. A switch would do the same thing: once you turn your new switch on, you would still need to double-click the button on the light head.

#3 ·
I just did a little experiment with my 200L-AA: I turned it on, then disconnected it from the batteries. Waited a few minutes, reconnected again, and voila: the light instantly turned back on in the mode I left it.
Now I don't know if it is my unit that behaves like this, or is this a general behaviour of 200L-AAs. But if it is the latter it means that you can easily construct a switch, and insert it between the light and the battery pack.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.