mtbr member
    Mar 2011

info on mytinysun?

Looking for a powerful light, Lupine is too expensive and Niterider seems to have serious quality control issues.
    Mytinysun 2700 has good lumen output and impressive backyard photos. However I'm concerned the 3 xml emitters are being overdriven at that output. Still waiting on Francis to do his in-depth review.
    Not much info on the web about them, the American distributor is out of stock and not answering emails. Any info would be appriciated.

mtbr member
    Interesting....looks like someone has beaten Gemini to the punch in creating a triple XM-L lamp. It does look as though they want a ton of money for it

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Open Light Systems LLC announced availability in the US for December. Check out their website - offered at $499.00.

Open Light Systems LLC | Lithium Ion Batteries and Accessories for Lupine, Sigma, MyTinySun, MagicShine, BikeRay, and DealExtreme Lamp Heads

There is also information about that light plus you can also check out the German website.

They run their lights at a higher voltage (11.1V) unlike Lupine (or MS, Gemini or Dinotte). Makes sense considering the higher current, however, I would have preferred to be able to use existing batteries.

mtbr member

MyTinySun Sport 2700X

The MyTinySun Sport 2700X is now in stock at Open Light Systems in the US at $499. After playing around with it for the last couple of days, it is a fun light. I will post some photos soon and we are also looking forward to the full review by Francis.

Josh
    Open Light Systems

night riding enthusiast
    If the connector is the same, the voltage is compatible with the designshine DS-1300, a home brewed 2 x 3 xp-e / xp-g combo.
    Click the thumbs up button if you have a thumb...

mtbr member
    The lighting system uses a Lupine style connector for both the battery and the light and the included 2.9Ah 14V battery.

Josh
    Open Light Systems

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Hey Open Light are the connectors that you are refering to of the Molex type?
    If so, they might be compatible with my Nightlightning lights.
    Do you know if your batteries will work with that particular brand of mtb lights?

mtbr member
    Yes the connectors are of the standard molex type. I have two or three more posts before I can post pictures (still a noob), but as soon as I can I am going to post a set here. I have not yet tried any other brand of batteries with the light to see if they would work.

Josh
    Open Light Systems