mtbr member
    Feb 2007

I have a headache

I've spent a better part of the last few days reading through all of the posts in this forum and am grateful for all of the information, but just when I feel I've decided what to do for lights, I read about another option available.

I'm starting to do some night riding now with my Mukluk and need a better light then my 10 watt 8+ year-old Niterider is able to give me. I realize that any light I get will be exponentially better than that. I also need/want a headlamp for cross-country skiing and thought if I could somehow combine those, all the better.

I've looked at the Ay-Ups, but am hesitant because of the non-use of the most recent iteration of the CREE LED's. So I've nearly ruled those out.

Then I thought I'd get the Jet A-51, mount it on my bars and get a headlamp for skiing (something like the Fenix or Princeton Tech Apex).

Then I start reading about the torches available and think maybe putting two of those on the bars and getting either a headlamp like above or use the Jet A-51 on the head.

Or maybe the Amoeba...

Or the Trail LED...

Or the Baja Styker...

Aarrgghhh..., my head is hurting again.

If anybody has some input about my options above or another idea I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
    Scott S.

rmi
    Still using dork disk.
    You can get a Gemini Titan with helmet mount and headband for little money. I really like mine for bike use. Seems like you have a deeper pocket than I did when buying mine, though.

Ryan

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Thanks for the Gemini idea. I'll look into that option.

I would say that I'm in the $150-350 range, so that is where I've been looking.

Scott S.

mtbr member
    The Jet Lites A51 with the helmet mount should be all you need. I ride with just that at night, do nothing but single track, some decent downhill, and have no problems at all. I've never out ridden the light.

If you keep the old light on the bars it'll help with any contrast issues you may have. It's a great light for a great price.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    That's great to hear. In fact, I just ordered the Jet A-51 (and a Fenix headlamp for skiing) and am really looking forward to using it. I'll try to put up some pics and review once I get it.

Again, I want to thank all on this forum for all their insight. It's been very helpful.

Scott S.