mtbr member
    Sep 2008

I hate thieves!!

Just want to Vent out. Brand new lights (Baja Designs Strykr) not even open and used got stolen last night at my house. I just hate thieves!!

~Disc~Golf~
    details?, how were they stolen?
    Honestly, you just take a deep breath and say Fuck it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll
    details?, how were they stolen?
    Went to San Diego to take care of some Family issue and i was SD for two weeks so nobody is home. Told my Dad to receive the package from Bajadesign which was 2 weeks ago and told him to put it on the living room. To make the story short got back this morning to find out that our house got broken into. 2 bikes where stolen couple of valuable stuff, packages receive including the lights, my wifes boots from macys, 2 TV 1 ps3 and my kids WII system. Just a bad year to start off.

~Disc~Golf~
    no fcukin shlt...damn man
    thieves are up there on the list of scum I'd like to drown
    Honestly, you just take a deep breath and say Fuck it.

mtbr member
    diyam that sucks man! Sorry to hear about that. I hate theives with a passion.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Very sorry to hear about your loss.

I doubt very much the thieves just happened to stumble upon your house and break in. I do volunteer constable work and more often than not, the wrong doers either happen to know you are going to be away before your actual departure (they catch wind through word of mouth passing from neighbors/friends/family) or from tell tale signs during you actual absence such as newpapers/mail piling up outside your house or mail box and no preset time staggered lighting/TV/radio within your home while away.

We've had it happen before and apart form material loss, the feeling of violation and intrusion is another aspect that is equally unbearable.

I sincerely hope the culprits are caught and dealt with severely. In the meantime, you can only take additional steps to safe proof your home the next time you take a leave of absence.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    We've been living here since 2000 and this is the first time that our house got broken into. I don't know how they found out that we were gone.
    Last edited by p0r0y; 01-20-2011 at 08:09 AM.

rmi
    Still using dork disk.
    Sucks, dude. Your renter's/homeowners' insurance going to pick up the tab? Hopefully you can find some pictures and receipts to prove ownership of that stuff.

Silly as this is, my biggest fear is that thieves wouldn't close the door behind them and my two cats would get out (and be subsequently killed or something)......

Ryan

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    might want to chase down, the serial numbers on the bike,
    and file a police report,
    and send pictures, and bike serial numbers to all local bike shops in the area.
    maybe even post on craigslist,.... want to buy such an such,.... they might want to sell it back to you too....
    for my cat, I have a cat door in the basement window, and first floor, so is always able to get in. Racoons usually stay out, and the skunks I feed in the garage. Also leave out catfood, in the winter in the basement. couple of time, with a hard winter, saved some wild street cats. oh, they won't come upstairs,... got dogs,...

Oh, might want to run your story by Shannon at Baja, who knows, he might be able, to do something for you. FYI, the Strykr is darn nice on the handlebar, the pro on the helmet.

---
    cheers, Rob

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Police report was filed yesterday. I do have pictures of the serial numbers and receipts of all the stolen stuff except the packages the Bajadesign strykr (all i have is a receipt printed on my email and my wife shoes from macy's ). I have an appointment today this afternoon with my home insurance claim adjuster.

Thanks all for the advice and comments.

Chris

mtbr member
    ...is this a house? Apt.? Did they break a window..door? Sorry to hear about your losses. I've thought about buying a house before but the one fear I always had with houses is that they make good targets for thieves. If I had a house I would definitely have an alarm system and find a good way to lock the bike stuff up. Oh, not to mention the computer, a special locking cabinet or something to keep someone from just pulling the wires and booking out the door.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    a Story, not so long ago....
    place , Paris, France was visiting for new years,....
    there was a scandal in the news papers, about a robbery of a Fur coat store.
    The store got broken in , and the owner, called the police next day, to report the burglary,
    and to have them do the cleanup.
    The Police, wanted to charge the owner with manslaughter,...
    Well, the robbers, wanted to steal high end expensive coats, cut through the steel bars,
    only to never make it out. The owner had 2 trained rottweiler dogs.
    The police complained, the burglars did not have a chance, to turn around, because, there was no sign posted, beware of dog,...
    and the owner had no insurance,... owner said, my dogs are my insurance,...
    and there was no cameras,....
    and the police, complained, they had a hard time identifying the burglars, since there was not much left, had to ask the owner, to fetch the leftover bones.
    And they requested , the dogs put to sleep,...
    Owner refused , he said, the dogs did exactly , what they suppose to. The dogs are his property, and if the police wants to buy them, they could for the price of 50.000 each, what the training costs.
    long story, they had to let him, go, and his dogs, and couple places, dropped their expensive insurance for and better and cheaper one,...
    guess, which property insurance the germans prefer ?
    oh, the police also asked, why the dogs where not barking, owner said, they not suppose to. and there where no lights ether,... and why where there extra steel gates inside triggered by infrared?
    he said, to make sure, nobody leaves with his stuff....

mtbr member
    I think this is a good story but I lack the endurance to finish it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rschultz101
    a Story, not so long ago....
    place , Paris, France was visiting for new years,....
    there was a scandal in the news papers, about a robbery of a Fur coat store.
    The store got broken in , and the owner, called the police next day, to report the burglary,
    and to have them do the cleanup.
    The Police, wanted to charge the owner with manslaughter,...
    Well, the robbers, wanted to steal high end expensive coats, cut through the steel bars,
    only to never make it out. The owner had 2 trained rottweiler dogs.
    The police complained, the burglars did not have a chance, to turn around, because, there was no sign posted, beware of dog,...
    and the owner had no insurance,... owner said, my dogs are my insurance,...
    and there was no cameras,....
    and the police, complained, they had a hard time identifying the burglars, since there was not much left, had to ask the owner, to fetch the leftover bones.
    And they requested , the dogs put to sleep,...
    Owner refused , he said, the dogs did exactly , what they suppose to. The dogs are his property, and if the police wants to buy them, they could for the price of 50.000 each, what the training costs.
    long story, they had to let him, go, and his dogs, and couple places, dropped their expensive insurance for and better and cheaper one,...
    guess, which property insurance the germans prefer ?
    oh, the police also asked, why the dogs where not barking, owner said, they not suppose to. and there where no lights ether,... and why where there extra steel gates inside triggered by infrared?
    he said, to make sure, nobody leaves with his stuff....

I had one of those security systems too
    110 lb doberman named Apollo nobody messed with my stuff
    Last edited by Rakuman; 01-20-2011 at 06:48 PM.
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking