mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Hope Vision 2 / 4 battery charger in North America

Anyone in the USA / Canada using a Hope Vision 2 or Vision 4 light system? I'm looking at picking a Vision 2 - Endurance set from the CRC in the UK; however, it's a different electrical plug for the battery charger and I haven't received an e-mail back from CRC, Hope USA or Hope Tech. confirming to me what I would need. I don't know how long I should wait before I move on to another system (I was initially looking at a Cygolite Mitycross, but they wouldn't return my e-mails either, plus with the current exchange rate to Canadian dollars...).

For the Hope charger, I figure it's just a plug adapter, which is fairly cheap, but I want to make sure I don't also need a transformer unit for the voltage. Could someone please confirm? While you're at it, what are your thoughts on your Hope light setup?

Thanks!

Wild74
    -- 2009 Norco Faze 2 --
    -- 2007 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 2 --
    -- 2011 All-City Nature Boy --

Drinkin' the 29er KoolAid
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild74
    Anyone in the USA / Canada using a Hope Vision 2 or Vision 4 light system? I'm looking at picking a Vision 2 - Endurance set from the CRC in the UK; however, it's a different electrical plug for the battery charger and I haven't received an e-mail back from CRC, Hope USA or Hope Tech. confirming to me what I would need. I don't know how long I should wait before I move on to another system (I was initially looking at a Cygolite Mitycross, but they wouldn't return my e-mails either, plus with the current exchange rate to Canadian dollars...).

For the Hope charger, I figure it's just a plug adapter, which is fairly cheap, but I want to make sure I don't also need a transformer unit for the voltage. Could someone please confirm? While you're at it, what are your thoughts on your Hope light setup?

Thanks!

Wild74
    I'm using a Vision 4 LED light and (which I love) and the charger works fine in North America, you just need to get a standard "figure-8" IEC C7 power cable to replace the snap on/off UK power plug on the charger. It's a pretty common cable used on lots of small electronic devices, good chance you already have a few (I did).

Karl

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarwick
    I'm using a Vision 4 LED light and (which I love) and the charger works fine in North America, you just need to get a standard "figure-8" IEC C7 power cable to replace the snap on/off UK power plug on the charger. It's a pretty common cable used on lots of small electronic devices, good chance you already have a few (I did).

Karl
    Thanks! I had to Google the cable type, but I'm pretty sure that I know what you mean and may have one around also. I was concerned that it would run on 220V or something like that!
    -- 2009 Norco Faze 2 --
    -- 2007 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 2 --
    -- 2011 All-City Nature Boy --

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I ordered the vision 4 from CRC as well, just pop off the UK plug and use a standard US fig. 8 type.

The light is fantastic btw, for the price it is the best bet in my opinion. It also comes with a free strap system to mount on your head for hiking, night skiing etc when you dont have a helmet on.