mtbr member
    Apr 2008

"Holy Moses" 7 up XPG

Anyone had any experience with this light?
    Looks to have a good build quality - made in the UK not China

Holy Moses | Four4th

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldAusDigger View Post
    Anyone had any experience with this light?
    Looks to have a good build quality - made in the UK not China

Holy Moses | Four4th
    1200lm MC-E
    Duomo | Four4th

Some nice DIY bits there...
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

Carbon & Ti rule

9x XP-G

No but if you check out the light in the link , I have been running this 9 x XP-G light for a while now & it is a great light, I had a 30w HID light before that & the new light is a much better light.

New Page 1

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post
    No but if you check out the light in the link , I have been running this 9 x XP-G light for a while now & it is a great light, I had a 30w HID light before that & the new light is a much better light.

New Page 1
    Muzzanic, I've been a long time customer of Nightlightning & love their stuff. Eric custom made me a twin IBlaast IX set for my bars. Each of the 6 sets of 20mm XPG triples run at 1.2 amps, so I conservatively reckon I've got 5000 lumens there. When I get off my arse & buy a camera I'll post some beam shots & a review.
    By the way, Eric looks after his loyal customers - I couldn't have even bought one Lupine Wilma for how much I paid for custom made twin IX's!
    I too was running a HID in the past (a 35w from HID Technologies here in Australia) which still works fine. I took it out with me one night recently (helmet mounted) & it's supposed 3000 lumens doesn't come close to the IBlaasts.
    Znomit, I agree that some of the Four4th's lumen claims are at best optimistic. But I still think the Four4th's stuff looks very well made, & depending on the driver used, heat dissapation ability, optics etc, that the Holy Moses 7 up light could possibly be a competitor for the recently superseded 7 x XPG Lupine Betty. But that new all XML Betty is going to take some beating though
    I think for educated customers (eg, the people on the mtbr forums) looking to buy a bike light these days, the exaggerated lumen claims are easily picked up on. If I spent my hard earned on the Holy Moses I'd expect an honest 1500ish lumen light that should have vastly better build quality than something coming out of Asia. And for that I'd be more than happy to pay double or even triple the price of some the cheap rubbish coming out of China!

izi
    mtbr member
    May 2006
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I think this light use Khatod optics. Been there done it in my DIY project, but the end result is not close to the Lupine Betty. Plenty of light but not enough throw.
    Of course IMHO,...

LP
    Iztok

Drinkin' the 29er KoolAid
    Quote Originally Posted by izi View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I think this light use Khatod optics. Been there done it in my DIY project, but the end result is not close to the Lupine Betty. Plenty of light but not enough throw.
    Of course IMHO,...

LP
    Iztok
    If you want throw with the 7up boards I agree that Khatod optics just don't cut it. The Polymer optics (http://www.polymer-optics.co.uk/261%...-E%20Optic.pdf) are much better in the throw department and are almost a direct swap for the Khatod (a few mm deeper).

izi
    mtbr member
    May 2006
    hmmmm,...
    Polymer-optics 7up I test with SSC P4 before CREE XP-g arrived and I was not satisfied,...
    For now I am waiting to test LEDIL ANNA, then maybe polymer, because they are really expensive for me to obtain.