Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Lumen Guinea Pig
    Quote Originally Posted by TiGeo View Post
    . Things I don't like: the O-ring mount is probably going to go in favor of one of the other clamp-type mounts; I really like the mounts on my old Vistalites.
    Since the Vistalite is either going to your private vintage light collection or thrown out, why don't you mod the Vistalite clamp mount.

Remove the o-ring mount of the 808 then replace with the clamp you love. You may have to use a larger washer to mount the Vista clamp to the 808 shell - since it's not fully compatible, it may move side to side. Use some silicone to hold it in place and waterproof that area as well.

mtbr member
    They are gone my friend..donated with the sale of my 26er.
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

Lumen Guinea Pig

mtbr member
    Okay, first night ride complete. Its about like I remember it. These are plenty bright, but as always, you really just want it to be daylight so I can see where you would want more. For less than $200, I got a great set up. I can see me adding another light on the bar with a Y cable and toggling the second light on/off for extra power. I like the wide-angle lens with the helmet spot, a good combo.
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

Making it reign since '07
    I'm trying to make this same choice now - Magicshine 808 vs the Gemini Titan.

One thing I haven't heard anything info about is the Titan switch sequence. Is there an easy way to get from off->on without having to go through flash? And can you cycle through light levels without having to go through off? I really like the new Magicshine control sequence design.

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by FixThatBike View Post
    I'm trying to make this same choice now - Magicshine 808 vs the Gemini Titan.

One thing I haven't heard anything info about is the Titan switch sequence. Is there an easy way to get from off->on without having to go through flash? And can you cycle through light levels without having to go through off? I really like the new Magicshine control sequence design.
    The Titan switch sequence is low - med - hi - low - med - hi - - - -
    Hold the button in and after one second it enters strobe, after 2 second it switches off. You have to go through 2-3 flashes to get to off but while riding you never have to cycle through strobe or off.
    So the difference from the MS 808 is that it starts in low rather than hi and that when you hold the button in you go to strobe and then off rather than off and then strobe. Also the delay is less on the Titan.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Action LED Lights View Post
    fullxtr83,

1. The mounting screw should not have come loose. Glad you were able to fix that easily and no damage was done.
    2. Cold temperatures will definitely effect battery capacity and cause the indicator lights to change early. If you finished the ride on yellow you still might have had quite a bit of time left. I usually run the extension cable under my jacket and put the battery in a rear jersey pocket to keep it warm.
    3. If the plug continues to be a problem you have a 1 year warranty and you can return it for repairs.
    A follow up to my previous post after ~10 more rides:
    1) The light has not come loose since applying loctite and tightening the mounting screw.
    2) I finished a 2h30m ride last night with the battery indicator still green. Temps were around 60F.
    3) After posting the issue with the plug, I have not had the problem again.

Hats off to Jim for offering a great deal on these. You can't beat these in terms of light output and run-time for the price.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    In my group we have a couple of folks with MagicShines and I have the Titan P7s. They seem pretty comparable, maybe with a slight edge on build quality and better battery on the Titans. Mainly, I got the Titans on sale, so that is why I went with them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2