Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    569

    Headset top cap light mount? Other options?

    Is there any other company that makes something similar to this:
    Purely Custom Online Store - Bicycle Accessory Mount 84 Degree - Custom Bicycle Accessories

    Or maybe even a way to DIY one?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: arphaxhad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    393

    Paul Components

    Really quality stuff

    Light mounts

    Nice bunch of people to boot!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    216
    There is a bunch of computer mounts on ebay that can be used for lights. Token makes a nice one that is a headset top-cap as well.

    Hylix Carbon Computer Mount is nice too and weights only 12g claimed.

    Chris.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    116
    I cant post links yet but take a look at the MJ-880 thread, around post number 28. Nice top cap replacement carbon number

    There is a link in post 27 to the website

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    569
    Checking out other mount options...What do you think about this type of mount?

    Double Wide Bicycle/bike Computer GPS Accessory Mount | eBay

    I saw something on another site with aluminum clamps and an aluminum tube for less $, but I can't find it now

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by arphaxhad View Post
    Really quality stuff

    Light mounts

    Nice bunch of people to boot!
    Interesting stuff from these guys.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryank930 View Post
    Checking out other mount options...What do you think about this type of mount?

    Double Wide Bicycle/bike Computer GPS Accessory Mount | eBay

    I saw something on another site with aluminum clamps and an aluminum tube for less $, but I can't find it now
    I use their single mount and love it. The double looks like overkill. Plus, with the open end you can use things that don't have a swing hinge.

    Bicycle Parts Pro CARBON Accessory Mounts Aspire VeloTech - Chris King World's Largest Dealer

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by tb123 View Post
    I cant post links yet but take a look at the MJ-880 thread, around post number 28. Nice top cap replacement carbon number

    There is a link in post 27 to the website
    Cheers- link to the thread

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    87
    I made a similar mount using two of these M-Wave handlebar organisers:



    To better support the weight of the lamp I used two of hte brackets with just one centre section. It works beautifully. Another bonus is that it raises the lamp about 80mm so I get far less reflection glare from the gear cables (I use this set up on my road bike with Shimano 6600 levers).

    It is quickly and easily removed too, I keep the lamp attached to the bracket.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    569
    The plastic brackets don't seem too fragile, do they? I need something 100% rock solid. Maybe I'll do the same and order 2 of the aluminum clamp ones and figure out my own cross bar.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryank930 View Post
    The plastic brackets don't seem too fragile, do they? I need something 100% rock solid. Maybe I'll do the same and order 2 of the aluminum clamp ones and figure out my own cross bar.
    Not in my experience, they are rock solid. No vibration to speak of, on a road bike, on rough lanes.

Similar Threads

  1. Review of Ebay: 1800 Lumen CREE XML T6 LED Bicycle HeadLight Lamp
    By spartacus001 in forum Lights and Night Riding
    Replies: 398
    Last Post: 08-08-2014, 09:05 AM
  2. Do you know where to get those headset top caps ?
    By David C in forum Rocky Mountain
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-26-2012, 09:42 AM
  3. Where to get those headset top caps ?
    By David C in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-10-2012, 08:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •