• 01-13-2012
    Bryank930
    Headset top cap light mount? Other options?
    Is there any other company that makes something similar to this:
    Purely Custom Online Store - Bicycle Accessory Mount 84 Degree - Custom Bicycle Accessories

Or maybe even a way to DIY one?
  • 01-13-2012
    arphaxhad
    Paul Components
    Really quality stuff

Light mounts

Nice bunch of people to boot!
  • 01-14-2012
    krzysiekmz
    There is a bunch of computer mounts on ebay that can be used for lights. Token makes a nice one that is a headset top-cap as well.

Hylix Carbon Computer Mount is nice too and weights only 12g claimed.

Chris.
  • 01-15-2012
    tb123
    I cant post links yet but take a look at the MJ-880 thread, around post number 28. Nice top cap replacement carbon number

There is a link in post 27 to the website
  • 01-15-2012
    Bryank930
    Checking out other mount options...What do you think about this type of mount?

Double Wide Bicycle/bike Computer GPS Accessory Mount | eBay

I saw something on another site with aluminum clamps and an aluminum tube for less $, but I can't find it now:madman:
  • 01-16-2012
    cue003
    Quote:

Originally Posted by arphaxhad View Post
    Really quality stuff

Light mounts

Nice bunch of people to boot!

Interesting stuff from these guys.
  • 01-16-2012
    Stroganof
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryank930 View Post
    Checking out other mount options...What do you think about this type of mount?

Double Wide Bicycle/bike Computer GPS Accessory Mount | eBay

I saw something on another site with aluminum clamps and an aluminum tube for less $, but I can't find it now:madman:

I use their single mount and love it. The double looks like overkill. Plus, with the open end you can use things that don't have a swing hinge.

Bicycle Parts Pro CARBON Accessory Mounts Aspire VeloTech - Chris King World's Largest Dealer
  • 01-16-2012
    find_bruce
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tb123 View Post
    I cant post links yet but take a look at the MJ-880 thread, around post number 28. Nice top cap replacement carbon number

There is a link in post 27 to the website

Cheers- link to the thread
  • 01-17-2012
    billysan
    I made a similar mount using two of these M-Wave handlebar organisers:

http://www.cyclefg.com/shop/images/P/220752-P.png

To better support the weight of the lamp I used two of hte brackets with just one centre section. It works beautifully. Another bonus is that it raises the lamp about 80mm so I get far less reflection glare from the gear cables (I use this set up on my road bike with Shimano 6600 levers).

It is quickly and easily removed too, I keep the lamp attached to the bracket.
  • 01-17-2012
    Bryank930
    The plastic brackets don't seem too fragile, do they? I need something 100% rock solid. Maybe I'll do the same and order 2 of the aluminum clamp ones and figure out my own cross bar.
  • 01-17-2012
    billysan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryank930 View Post
    The plastic brackets don't seem too fragile, do they? I need something 100% rock solid. Maybe I'll do the same and order 2 of the aluminum clamp ones and figure out my own cross bar.

Not in my experience, they are rock solid. No vibration to speak of, on a road bike, on rough lanes.