Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scar View Post
    ....I saw this post last week but saw that he was looking at MagicShine and other Chinese lights and thought he was concerned more about price than quality...
    WHAT! You mean you're not Chinese!? ....but I thought everyone who made bike lights was Chinese. ...OMG...I thought all this time....all the recommendations....and now I find out....YOUR NOT CHINESE!....
    ( You just been CAt-winked )

Light freak
    Too funny.

Thanks for the thread bump

mtbr member
    that he was looking at MagicShine and other Chinese lights and thought he was concerned more about price than quality.
    First of all, "she", not "he", to be correct :)
    The second is the fact that Magicshines are very popular lights, when one start to reading about bike light systems, the first thing that he/she meet will probably be one of MS's lights. So, being concerned about the price (yes, it's true), I also want to get a good quality at the same time. I prefer to increase the budget (if neccessary) and get a good lights than to buy a cheap piece of junk.

Nitatunarabe - I sent you a detailed email with some info on me and my lights.
    Thank you, scar! I've received it.
    ----

So, my main options are (I want two lights: one on a helmet and the other on a handlebar, just a reminder):
    1. To get one Serfas True TSL 1500 and one scar's Amoeba;
    2. To get two TSL 1500s;
    3. To get two Amoebas;
    4. To get something else;

What do you say, guys? Maybe I should discard my requirement of two lights and get only one? Or something else?
    Please, sorry for my English. It's not my native language.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    In the temperatures you going to be riding in any battery is going to have a difficult time dealing with a frame mounted location. As for the TSL 1500 despite been bright, i have read reports of questionable run times in good conditions so take it for what it is. For your money i would still give scar a shot as he is always riding in cold snowy conditions, and i'm sure he will give you the strait goods on battery performance and what he can do for you,and what you should expect. -22F is F#^%$ cold and if he can build you something that can function in those conditions, he would probably be one of just a select few.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitatunarabe View Post
    I want to buy a front light for my Moonlander. I have a budget of about 300 - 350 USD and want to get some really good device for my money.

Any suggestions? Can I get a nice light for this price or should I increase the budget?
    It's funny you talk about this LOL. I have been enjoying night rides on my Tallboy and my Lynskey road bike after purchasing front & rear lights a little over a year ago. I just got a Moonlander the other day and loving it. I just did my first night ride on it tonight, what a blast, I really like riding at night, and the snow is a "plus" on the Fat Bike!!

I have the Dinotte 1200L + front light and 300R rear light. I only use the rear light when I am riding on the road bike but I am sure if you felt the need to use it on the trails at night you could, I haven't saw the need? The 1200 works great mounted on my handlebar for a front light with the battery mounted on my top tube and have been very happy with it! It also comes with a helmut mount if you would so choose to do that. I would definitly by another Dinotte as the quality and support are there.

I have not saw a need for a helmet light but I am sure it would add to your ride, and couldn't hurt. As some have said you really can't have to much light and especially for trail riding. I would always carry some kind of extra light just for safety in case something did happen to your main light.

Hope your enjoying your Moonlander, now get a light and enjoy the night, good luck with your search/purchase!

mtbr member
    Finally, I've got the Amoebas. Great lights. Here are the beamshots.
    Please, sorry for my English. It's not my native language.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Good to here you got your light. Looks like a lot of lumens and great beam spread. Is it a duel or tripple led? Good luck in all that snow, ours here is almost gone and it's time to get back into it. Cheers!!!

Light freak
    Nitatunarabe - Glad to hear the Amoeba's finally got to Russia. Beamshots look great

indebt - That would be a triple XM-L2 Amoeba (3C tint)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2