mtbr member
    Dec 2013

Headlight canceling out speedometer

I just recently purchased a CygoLite Pace 750 LED Headlight and I used it today on the daytime flash mode. I turned on to some side streets so I put it on low. A little while later I noticed that my Sigma ROX 5.0 was not working anymore. I stopped and troubled shot the unit and found no issues with it. When I turned the light off the ROX started to work again. When I turned it back on, about 7 seconds later it would go back to no recording anything.

Anyone else have this issue and if so how do you work around this?

Thanks

Kevin

Action LED Lights
    Kevin,

That's a common problem with many lights and wireless computers. Most led lights control brightness by switching the light off and on very rapidly. So fast that the eye can't easily detect it but try moving your hand rapidly in front of the light and you can see the strobe effect. It's more pronounced on low. As the current to the led switches off and on it creates a radio signal. If the frequency of the flash is wrong it interferes with the signal from the wheel pickup to the computer. You can try moving the light farther away from the computer and it might help, but I know several people who gave up and went back to a wired computer.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Brilliant answer. Some of mine lights behave in the same manner as Kevin wrote, I have to say I have Sigma ROX 9.1 - maybe Sigma handles interference quite bad You'll recognize flickering when the light is on low and you move fast. To the interference issue - if moving the light or computer cradle doesn't help you need to go back to the wired computer.

You can try computer/light mount and also try the combination of the light modes to see which one interfere with the computer.

Name:  4140n60KEYL.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  16.3 KB

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    [QUOTE=MK96;11213721]Brilliant answer. Some of mine lights behave in the same manner as Kevin wrote, I have to say I have Sigma ROX 9.1 - maybe Sigma handles interference quite bad You'll recognize flickering when the light is on low and you move fast. To the interference issue - if moving the light or computer cradle doesn't help you need to go back to the wired computer.

You can try computer/light mount and also try the combination of the light modes to see which one interfere with the computer.

Name:  4140n60KEYL.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  16.3 KB[/QUOTE. ]. Thanks for the info. I have the above mount already. I guess I will have to play around some.

Kevin