Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Have I got a deal for you..

In the sea of inexpensive lights, I would like to offer you fine folks
    The New Cyclops LED Adventure light. Its advertised in hot deals @ 124.95

Use our Discount code of MTBR for an additional 10% (off for a limited time)

If you prefer a human touch.. feel free to call us at 1 800 624 0278

Its a good light that gets the job done. Rated at 900 lumen's but probably puts out more like 750 or so. It does feature a p7 D bin emitter, Pre dipped quality batteries, and a charger that wont go up in smoke..Handle bar and helmet mount included.
    If you dont feel the light is worthy send it back within 2 weeks for a full refund of the purchase price.

Shipping in the Cont Us is 9.95 we can also ship to Canada or Zimbabwe
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by off road rider; 01-06-2011 at 08:31 AM.

mtbr member
    So let's talk batteries. This light is the same SSC P7 D bin that we see in the Magicshine, and also pretty much the same light as Gemini Lights sells. The big question is the batteries, and more importantly the warranty on them. Are they the same batteries that Gemini and MS use, same manufacturer, etc.? Is there some sort of guarantee they won't be catching on fire or losing 1/2 their charge in a few months time?

Oh, and BTW I don't think you're supposed to advertise in this area...
    "Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing
    So let's talk batteries. This light is the same SSC P7 D bin that we see in the Magicshine, and also pretty much the same light as Gemini Lights sells. The big question is the batteries, and more importantly the warranty on them. Are they the same batteries that Gemini and MS use, same manufacturer, etc.? Is there some sort of guarantee they won't be catching on fire or losing 1/2 their charge in a few months time?

Oh, and BTW I don't think you're supposed to advertise in this area...
    I certainly dont want to do something I shouldn't be. I was told by the ad rep it was fine??
    We stand behind this just like all our other products..100% If your battery is running at half life span in 4 months I'll replace it at no charge..
    Have you seen the Nightrider warranty policy?

mtbr member
    Well is it 900 or 750lm? Are you saying your website is incorrect?
    You wont get 4hrs off that battery driving at 2.8A, I'm guessing the same 2.4A that the MS is driven at? So expect the same output of a little over 500lm.
    With shipping this is 70% more expensive that the DX MS so hardly in the same sea. More like a little private lake beside an expensive resort.
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

mtbr member
    I'm not concerned about the price, as it's still significantly less than any other comparable light on the market. I have two Magicshine lights from Geomangear, and while they have been good to me so far, this battery issue underscores the need for a better warranty.

I'd like to see someone put a 3-5 year warranty on these lights, and I would be willing to pay for that. I use mine to commute and night and do MTB night rides 1-2 times each week.

mtbr member
    Not to nitpick, but it seems like Gemini Lights has got you beat: http://gemini-lights.com/products/ge...m-full-package

Their "full package" is $130 and includes the light head, battery, cable, charger, travel case, helmet kit and headlight mount band. If you could match this price and be a distributor in the USA, then there would be an incentive to buy. Or if you could offer a better warranty, that would be an incentive as well.

Goats Rule!
    Sep 2007
    Their website listing shows they include the helmet mount and extension cable, as well as a waist mount (whatever that is) instead of a headband mount. Looks like no pouch though.

mtbr member
    I'd like to see someone put a 3-5 year warranty on these lights, and I would be willing to pay for that. I use mine to commute and night and do MTB night rides 1-2 times each week.
    Gloworm offer 18month light head and 12 months for the battery/charger (NZ minimum warranty period). Looks like the same product, price about the same.
    DIY LED Bike Lights:

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by znomit
    Well is it 900 or 750lm? Are you saying your website is incorrect?
    You wont get 4hrs off that battery driving at 2.8A, I'm guessing the same 2.4A that the MS is driven at? So expect the same output of a little over 500lm.
    With shipping this is 70% more expensive that the DX MS so hardly in the same sea. More like a little private lake beside an expensive resort.
    The site has the lumen spec clearly stated??
    This is not the same light as a magic shine. It does have a D bin emitter

mtbr member
    It might not be the same, but it's pretty damn close. Again, what I'm concerned about is the battery and warranty. I don't think I'm alone, as there are lots of people out there that own MagicShines and have seen problems with their batteries. So do everyone a favor and state how your batteries are better than the Magicshine and/or how your warranty will back up the product for more than 90 days.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Not to nitpick, but it seems like Gemini Lights has got you beat: http://gemini-lights.com/products/ge...m-full-package

Their "full package" is $130 and includes the light head, battery, cable, charger, travel case, helmet kit and headlight mount band. If you could match this price and be a distributor in the USA, then there would be an incentive to buy. Or if you could offer a better warranty, that would be an incentive as well.
    True we dont offer the headband. But I think we have priced this deal at a bit lower.
    Total price shipped to the us would be 122.40 as opposed to 150
    That gets you the D bin emitter. We are not newcomers to the lighting market.
    Only the Bicycle side of things.
    I dont think you can find one single unhappy Cyclops customer in almost 10 years of buisness..

Goats Rule!
    Sep 2007
    Shenanigans

she·nan·i·gans

1. Secret or dishonest activity or maneuvering.
    2. Deception or tomfoolery on the part of carnival stand operators (or light salesmen).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by off road rider
    True we dont offer the headband. But I think we have priced this deal at a bit lower.
    Total price shipped to the us would be 122.40 as opposed to 150
    That gets you the D bin emitter. We are not newcomers to the lighting market.
    Only the Bicycle side of things.
    I dont think you can find one single unhappy Cyclops customer in almost 10 years of buisness..
    Wha? I thought the price of the kit was $125 as stated in your first post...

In the sea of inexpensive lights, I would like to offer you fine folks
    The New Cyclops LED Adventure light. Its advertised in hot deals @ 124.95

mtbr member
    The site has the lumen spec clearly stated??
    Four times.

"provides *900 lumen's of High Intensity light and is perfect for all your adventure activities.

* 900 lumen's is the output that the P7 D bin Led should put out at the amperage it is driven.

Details:
    *900 Lumen's

Product Specifications:
    � Brightness: 900 Lumen's "

I don't see 750 anywhere.
    DIY LED Bike Lights:

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    It might not be the same, but it's pretty damn close. Again, what I'm concerned about is the battery and warranty. I don't think I'm alone, as there are lots of people out there that own MagicShines and have seen problems with their batteries. So do everyone a favor and state how your batteries are better than the Magicshine and/or how your warranty will back up the product for more than 90 days.
    I just spent a bit of time looking threw our site and trying to find out where you got 90 days?? Its totally possible I'm missing something?
    Our warranty on this product is 2 years on the light head and 1 yr on the batteries
    I dont know much about the magic shine battery issue/scare, So I can't comment to much on that.. I thought it was mostly a charger issue..

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Wha? I thought the price of the kit was $125 as stated in your first post...
    I guess you missed the part about using the MTBR discount code..

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfTheHill
    Shenanigans

she·nan·i·gans

1. Secret or dishonest activity or maneuvering.
    2. Deception or tomfoolery on the part of carnival stand operators (or light salesmen).
    Ok your a good fisherman..Where are the secrets and dishonesty???

I can assure you and all the others we are legit and will be around in years to come..

mtbr member
    I just spent a bit of time looking threw our site and trying to find out where you got 90 days?? Its totally possible I'm missing something?
    Our warranty on this product is 2 years on the light head and 1 yr on the batteries
    I just spent a bit of time looking threw your site and trying to find out where you got 2 years on the light head and 1 yr on the batteries??

I can see what it was: "Warranty on this special MTBR deal is 1 year on the light head. 6 months on the battery.. "
    DIY LED Bike Lights:

Goats Rule!
    Sep 2007
    Ok your a good fisherman..Where are the secrets and dishonesty???

I can assure you and all the others we are legit and will be around in years to come..
    Like I said, shenanigans.

Look through your website, posts and "responses" to people's questions if you need some more rope.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I just spent a bit of time looking threw your site and trying to find out where you got 2 years on the light head and 1 yr on the batteries??

I can see what it was: "Warranty on this special MTBR deal is 1 year on the light head. 6 months on the battery.. "
    HMMM. There where some drafts made before this was posted that had diff warranty terms. We decided to stay the original course with regards to the warranty.
    I still cant find that statement on the MTBR deal page or elsewhere. I would love a link so I can get it fixed, I did just add a new warranty statement.

mtbr member
    HMMM. There where some drafts made before this was posted that had diff warranty terms. We decided to stay the original course with regards to the warranty.
    I can't find your warranty. Linky?
    DIY LED Bike Lights:

www.HSmtb.org
    Jan 2004
    Four times.

"provides *900 lumen's of High Intensity light and is perfect for all your adventure activities.

* 900 lumen's is the output that the P7 D bin Led should put out at the amperage it is driven.

Details:
    *900 Lumen's

Product Specifications:
    � Brightness: 900 Lumen's "

I don't see 750 anywhere.
    "Rated at 900 lumen's but probably puts out more like 750 or so."

That statement seems pretty clear and understandable to anyone who has spent more than a day in this forum. It's the same game that almost all of the other companies play as well. He's just up front enough to explain the rated vs. actual.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Warranty

I can't find your warranty. Linky?
    Here you go my friend...
    http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.co...roducts&id=127
    Several of our lights carry a lifetime warranty.. with low prices some things need to be cut.
    This warranty should be better than many if not most $400 lights

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    how long is this deal going to be running?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar187
    how long is this deal going to be running?
    Our add agreement is at least for a month. The extra 10% will last a few weeks at least
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast