Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 621
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    24

    Has anyone received their GeoMan recall replacement batteries yet?

    If so, when did you originally buy your light, and what was your PIN number?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,845
    From yesterday in another thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by GEOMAN
    We doubt the first batch would have reached customers yet, they were processed on Tuesday and it's only Thursday.

    I'm hoping* I'm in that group.
    I'd like to know as well when people start recieving them so... BUMP^
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    745
    Quote Originally Posted by shuffles
    If so, when did you originally buy your light, and what was your PIN number?
    Just got my recall letter in the mail. 19,000 lights recalled I hear so it might be a while?

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,845
    Anyone know if GM posted how many lights went out in the first batch? Just curious.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ICE4Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    147
    I wanna Ride, I wanna Ride, I wanna Ride…
    At Night.

    Looking every day on the porch for my present from GeoMan.

    Ben
    Looking for that perfect trail…again…and…again…and…again…

  6. #6
    Rep Power: Infinity
    Reputation: NateHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    12,661
    Quote Originally Posted by ICE4Me
    I wanna Ride, I wanna Ride, I wanna Ride…
    At Night.

    Looking every day on the porch for my present from GeoMan.

    Ben
    Me too. Hoping to do a bikepacking trip soon, and would like to have my Magicshines along instead of just my basic 1W backpacking lights.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2
    Your Light and Motion would have been ready to go!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,132
    Quote Originally Posted by lukeg
    Your Light and Motion would have been ready to go!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    193
    still waiting... taps foot.

    I sent my letter in the day after I received it too...
    ______________________________

    "If it ain't moto, it's worthless"

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ICE4Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    147
    Missing another night ride tonight...

    Ben
    Looking for that perfect trail…again…and…again…and…again…

  11. #11
    surly inbred
    Reputation: TroutBum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,530
    My defective batteries were accepted at casa de Geo on April 23rd. No sign of replacements yet.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ICE4Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    147
    ttt
    Looking for that perfect trail…again…and…again…and…again…

  13. #13
    Trail Prospector
    Reputation: Flyin_W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,849
    Form completed and returned on 4/22. Nothing yet, not even a reply to an email sent last week. Patience is a virtue, while ignorance is unforgiven. Did not like sending to a PO Box where confirmed mail delivery was +/- $11.
    The best is the one you want to ride most often..

  14. #14
    GeoMan
    Reputation: GEOMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,707
    Claims are being processed and replacements have already started shipping out. We have received over 5,000 claims in the first month, so the Recall Admin Firm is processing daily and we are shipping replacements. Apologies if we missed your email, there are hundreds coming in daily.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin'W
    Form completed and returned on 4/22. Nothing yet, not even a reply to an email sent last week. Patience is a virtue, while ignorance is unforgiven. Did not like sending to a PO Box where confirmed mail delivery was +/- $11.
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

  15. #15
    Trail Prospector
    Reputation: Flyin_W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,849
    GM,
    Appreciate your prompt reply. Didn't intend to be DB-ish, and guess that my 3 round bout with the return process shined on through.
    [Round 1 Printer down - it won. 0-1
    Round 2 Local RS unaware of battery recycling 0-2
    Round 3 No tracking # to a PO Box - for you. 0-3
    -----
    Thanks,
    FW
    The best is the one you want to ride most often..

  16. #16
    GeoMan
    Reputation: GEOMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,707
    No worries, many folks probably had the same first issue, eg started a claim at home and then realized they couldn't print it, so then they redid the claim at work where they had a working printer. Unfortunately for us this generated duplicate claims, about 600 so far, we are cross-checking as we proceed but it has definitely complicated things. Thanks for persisting with your claim, we are working on processing as many as we can.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin'W
    GM,
    Appreciate your prompt reply. Didn't intend to be DB-ish, and guess that my 3 round bout with the return process shined on through.
    [Round 1 Printer down - it won. 0-1
    Round 2 Local RS unaware of battery recycling 0-2
    Round 3 No tracking # to a PO Box - for you. 0-3
    -----
    Thanks,
    FW
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ICE4Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    147

    Hi GeoMan,

    How many of the 5000 have you processed so far?
    How many per month do you expect to process?
    Are you processing First in First out?
    Thanks for all the work you are doing and looking forward to getting the new lights as soon as possible.

    Ben
    Looking for that perfect trail…again…and…again…and…again…

  18. #18
    NWS
    NWS is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    995
    I sent mine in a week ago and I would have been amazed to have a replacement by now.

    You people are optimists. That's another word for "disappointed."

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,918
    Quote Originally Posted by GEOMAN
    .....Unfortunately for us this generated duplicate claims, about 600 so far, we are cross-checking as we proceed but it has definitely complicated things. Thanks for persisting with your claim, we are working on processing as many as we can.
    Not to mention I bet you're getting e-mails from people trying to get a free battery who never even bought from you! Anyway, good luck with the return stuff and thanks for caring enough to take on such a task.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    33
    I got mine yesterday. Charged her up and ready to go. Now just need some warm weather so I don't have to bundle up and look like the Michelin Tire guy riding my bike.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ICE4Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by NWS
    I sent mine in a week ago and I would have been amazed to have a replacement by now.

    You people are optimists. That's another word for "disappointed."
    It's only been 3 weeks since I turned mine in... Getting Anxious.

    Ben
    Looking for that perfect trail…again…and…again…and…again…

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderstruck
    I got mine yesterday. Charged her up and ready to go. Now just need some warm weather so I don't have to bundle up and look like the Michelin Tire guy riding my bike.
    Great news. So when did you originally purchase your light, and what was your PIN?

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,845

    Good job!

    Quote Originally Posted by thunderstruck
    I got mine yesterday. Charged her up and ready to go. Now just need some warm weather so I don't have to bundle up and look like the Michelin Tire guy riding my bike.
    I don't care when you bought your lights or what your PIN number is. I'm just glad that people are starting to get them. Waiting patiently (w/ an extra battery to ride w/ )
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

  24. #24
    Rep Power: Infinity
    Reputation: NateHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    12,661
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderstruck
    I got mine yesterday. Charged her up and ready to go. Now just need some warm weather so I don't have to bundle up and look like the Michelin Tire guy riding my bike.
    That's good. Hopefully not a ton of people sent their claims in before me.

  25. #25
    GeoMan
    Reputation: GEOMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,707
    Thanks Cat, you are right on the money, we are getting approx 1000 emails a week, many are from customers who purchased from DX that want us to replace theirs as well. We have gotten the outgoing shipment process underway in the last few weeks it's going to take a while to catch up since there has been such a huge response. Our recall admin firm has not had such a quick response to any of their previous projects, they are amazed at the level of enthusiasm our customers have shown to participate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do
    Not to mention I bet you're getting e-mails from people trying to get a free battery who never even bought from you! Anyway, good luck with the return stuff and thanks for caring enough to take on such a task.
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •