Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    I'm just glad there are still some of you getting yours, gives me a small amount of hope.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Just receive my two batteries yesterday, sent last April 21st.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Im praying for a miracle mine come in before my camping trip next week. Damn things outshine any of my maglite flashlights!

KevinK
    Jul 2005
    Wow, glad to hear some good news from someone!!! I wonder how Geomangear decides who gets there replacement batteries first? I have yet to hear from geomangear after I sent in my PIN#. They had all my information before. Not making me feel to good about their customer service, which I remember when purchasing two batteries, was second to none! I guess things change w/ time!!!

mtbr member

What gives Geoman?

Sent in May 1 with all the proper documentation, still no batteries.

Disappointed.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Returned my battery April 20, received a new one this weekend, Saturday July 2.

mtbr member
    My 2 Magic Shine batteries have been MIA for over 2 months now. Good to know some folks have gotten replacements but I'm starting to regret sending my old batteries in. I've needed a bike light on several occasions now. My old batteries worked fine, wish I had just hung on to them.

VENI VEDI BIKI
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultz29 View Post
    My 2 Magic Shine batteries have been MIA for over 2 months now. Good to know some folks have gotten replacements but I'm starting to regret sending my old batteries in. I've needed a bike light on several occasions now. My old batteries worked fine, wish I had just hung on to them.
    Ditto

Rob
    Thanks GeoMan. Got my replacement battery today! Sooner than expected.

Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Sent mine back in late April and my replacements were in the door when I got home this morning. Thanks, Geoman! Just in time for the shorter upcoming days. Going to put them on the charger now.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I am replacing 10 batteries and sent in the form back in April. I've tried to email to get a status but get the same templated reponse each time. Does anyone get a heads up on their replacingment battery getting shipped back to them? I hope to get a box really soon. My friends and I are missing out on some nice hot summer nights.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    received my 2 batteries 7/1 after mailing them in 4/24. hang in there.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Sent my form back the day I got it. Batteries(2) came 7/1They are nicer than the original. i had devised a velcro strap much like the one now included. Works well. I was frustrated but now i am happy. Geoman can count on me still saying. "check out my light, I paid $95 for it". I have sold quite a few for them with that line.

mtbr member
    Mine came yesterday via USPS. Sent the form in back in April the day after I received it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Mine came last week. Thank you Geoman! Incredible, way beyond the call of duty effort to stand by your customers.

Low Rep Count
    Well, mine went out on 5/16 so I suspect I have another month of waiting at this point. Oh well! Just glad to see that folks are getting theirs back. Anyone got a pic of the new battery? Is it the same size/shape as the old round cylinder shaped one? Just curious.

KevinK
    Jul 2005
    I know how you feel!!! I recommended Magicshine to two of my friends, Each purchased one light w/ TWO Batteries!!! Now I can't even recommend turning the batteries in!! At least they get to ride at night, while I sit home!!! Still haven't heard from Geomangear. From the best customer service to non existent customer service. I know they have volume problems, but, that doesn't mean to ignore your once loyal customers. My friends are going to continue using their batteries, and if it fails, explodes, there going to say, they purchased a product that was eventually found defective, but the companies return policy on wait was unreasonable. A full refund is more in order.

Time will tell.

mtbr member
    Any Canadians get theier batteries yet?

mtbr member

Good job! C'mon good juju!

Mine will arrive next week...Mine will arrive next week...Mine will arrive next week...
    Mine will arrive next week...Mine will arrive next week...Mine will arrive next week...
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

middle ring single track

April 21st~~~July 7th

I recycled my 3 batteries at the local Staples and sent in my paperwork on 04/21/11 and the 3 replacement just arrived via USPS (07/07/11).
    Content here does not officially represent the CA DPR.

Windows 10, destroying humanity one upgrade at a time.

nocturnal oblivion
    Just got mine, can't remember when I sent it though.
    "...like sex with the trail." - Boe

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Has anyone from Canada received their replacement batteries?

I suspect the answer is no given the delays being faced by those in the U.S. but thought I'd ask. I really miss my summer time night rides. Hopefully they arrive before winter returns.

since 4/10/2009
    Figured I'd post an update that my replacement batteries came today.

mtbr member
    Just got my batteries today. YAY!

mtbr member
    Goeman, I got my replacement this week. What a herculean effrtt on your part getting all this sorted out. My hat's off to man...... and thanks!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by smittyway View Post
    Any Canadians get theier batteries yet?
    Not yet,,, sent my battery's and paperwork back in April as many others have. 20,000 recauled battery's are going to take a lot longer than a few months to resolve, so i will keep waiting patiently.

Spoke Breaker!
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by indebt View Post
    20,000 recauled battery's are going to take a lot longer than a few months to resolve, so i will keep waiting patiently.
    Patience is something that seems to be sorely lacking in most of today's society. I give you a for leading by example (as far as we can see) and being Patient!

I too will keep waiting patiently!

and again Thank You, GeoMan, for being an upstanding business and taking care of the issue...

And I am guessing the real hold-up here is going to be the 'Red Tape' of the company 'administrating' the recall and as noted the raw materials.
    Fat-n00b

KHS sixfifty606
    Felt F90

Current Condition:
    6' 2" @ 288 lbs.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I still have my old battery & paperwork in a USPS box ready to mail but have been waiting to send. I have been kind of afraid to send because I figured there would be a mass amount of batteries sent in all at once and be chaotic. Think I should go ahead and put my box in the mail? On another note I know some have complained about the time it has taken to get their replacement battery. Sure it sucks but the fact GeoMan has taken on this challange and did the right thing you have to just be patient. If I could suggest one thing to GeoMan that would help and take little of there time it would be to give an update on their website every couple weeks. An example of that would be: "As of July 11, 2011 we have recieved 10,343 battery request (meaning actual old batteries recieved) and have recieved 5000 new replacement batteries from our manufacturer. These 5000 batteries have been sent out to the first 5000 customers that sent in their old batteries. We expect our next replacement battery shipment of 2500 batteries on 8/1/11. We will send out the next 2500 in the order in which we recieved request." At least if they did something like this, giving everyone a running total every couple of weeks, it would give customers a rough idea on the progress being made. I think when people blindly wait with no clue as to what is going on they start getting worried and thus start complaining.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    The way i see it, and i don't speek for all, is that many of us are putting our MS's on bikes 20 or 30 times the value, excluding some who are honestly strapped for cash due to economic times,or are in collage etc.It amazes me how much time has been waisted complaining by those who could afford to buy a new version of Geoman's battery's to keep them into night riding durring the waiting period. Then when the replacement finally showes up, those people who didn't let an original $80 light set stop what they love to do would have a spare quality back up for even longer night rides or 24 hour races. Is the glass half full, or half empty??

drunken pirate
    Quote Originally Posted by indebt View Post
    The way i see it, and i don't speek for all, is that many of us are putting our MS's on bikes 20 or 30 times the value, excluding some who are honestly strapped for cash due to economic times,or are in collage etc.It amazes me how much time has been waisted complaining by those who could afford to buy a new version of Geoman's battery's to keep them into night riding durring the waiting period. Then when the replacement finally showes up, those people who didn't let an original $80 light set stop what they love to do would have a spare quality back up for even longer night rides or 24 hour races. Is the glass half full, or half empty??
    Yeah, you really don't speak for all.

My glass is empty. Since I sent mine in I now have no batteries and no money to buy replacements.
    More Trails, Not Less

Adventures in Pisgah

mtbr member
    If I got some kind of email reply that my recall paperwork was received and the recall battery was in process to be shipped then I wouldn't be annoyed about this whole situation.

It's not getting any info for 2 months that has me less than pleased with this. Even when you send in a form for a crummy $10 rebate there is usually tracking information available.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=Brazos;8227705]....

If I could suggest one thing to GeoMan that would help and take little of there time it would be to give an update on their website every couple weeks. An example of that would be: "As of July 11, 2011 we have recieved 10,343 battery request (meaning actual old batteries recieved) and have recieved 5000 new replacement batteries from our manufacturer. These 5000 batteries have been sent out to the first 5000 customers that sent in their old batteries. ... /QUOTE]

Um, there's the rub - it's evident that many of us still waiting for our batteries have sent ours in earlier than others who've already received their replacements.
    SantaCruz Tallboy C
    SantaCruz Solo C
    Specialized Fatboy
    Trek Madone 8
    Kestrel RT 700
    Lemond Zurich

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I do agree with you dirtyjack that it would be a lot more tolerable for us still waiting especially for those who aren't in a financial position to purchase battery's during the waiting period. But this recaul is not between two party's, (us and Geoman).When involving other agencies to have new battery's passed in North America and the red tape of administrators it messes things up.

Just remember that Geoman has are interest in mind as they volunteered to take hundreds of thousands of $$$$$$ in losses to resolve issues on a $80 light.

VENI VEDI BIKI
    I feel like the kid from a Christmas Story waiting for his secret decoder ring in the mail everyday. Maybe today will be the day.......

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Mailed mine on 4/20 I still have not received the replacements.....Quite disappointed with them. I emailed them and got an automated response and when I emailed them again they didn't reply at all.

mtbr member
    I emailed them about a discount on a new 6.0 battery whilst I wait "patiently" for the recalled battery replacements to arrive. However, I didn't send mine in until May 2, so I figured that I was WAY down the list. Anyway, they replied very quickly to my email (i made sure to specify in my email subject that this was not directly regarding a recall question.....) with the offer to forego the recall process and skip to the $25 upgrade to the new larger capacity battery packs. They sent me the forms, I filled them out and provided my recall pin #. I just received an email noting my credit card has been charged and my batteries should be here end of this week or early next week. This is a no-brainer as I was stoked about the upgrade offer anyway, but annoyed that you had to receive the replacements and then send them back in.

I can't figure out how to attach the form to this post, but if anybody is interested I can email you the form they sent me......

namagomi
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyp View Post
    I suspect the answer is no given the delays being faced by those in the U.S. but thought I'd ask. I really miss my summer time night rides. Hopefully they arrive before winter returns.
    Nope, been waiting since May 1st.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Mailed my form April 19th and received my batteries today.

Thanks GeomanGear.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by neilether View Post
    I emailed them about a discount on a new 6.0 battery whilst I wait "patiently" for the recalled battery replacements to arrive. However, I didn't send mine in until May 2, so I figured that I was WAY down the list. Anyway, they replied very quickly to my email (i made sure to specify in my email subject that this was not directly regarding a recall question.....) with the offer to forego the recall process and skip to the $25 upgrade to the new larger capacity battery packs. They sent me the forms, I filled them out and provided my recall pin #. I just received an email noting my credit card has been charged and my batteries should be here end of this week or early next week. This is a no-brainer as I was stoked about the upgrade offer anyway, but annoyed that you had to receive the replacements and then send them back in.

I can't figure out how to attach the form to this post, but if anybody is interested I can email you the form they sent me......

Geo- is this correct? Is it a offer open to anyone?
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by neilether View Post

They wont get another dime of my money,

They sell a faulty product, issue a recall, cant supply the recall parts in a reasonable time, bring another product to market as an upgrade for an additional $25, the customer that needs a battery then pays another $25 and the company doesn't have to replace anything.

This recall was issued in November we were told to stop using them immediately, the paper work to send the batteries back didn't come until april and it is now July. This is poor customer service. They should not have invested in making the upgraded battery they should of used the money to buy the batteries that needed replaced, so the customer isn't waiting 8 months to use their light.

I'll keep my money and put it towards a good light with a company with good service.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by glenm View Post
    They wont get another dime of my money,

bring another product to market as an upgrade for an additional $25, the customer that needs a battery then pays another $25 and the company doesn't have to replace anything.
    But they do have to eat the price of the rest of the cost of the upgraded product.

mtbr member
    I can't believe all the complainers that bought Magicshines from Geoman. Geoman is doing an amazing thing for all of us that have bought Magicshine batteries (from Geo).

If this happened to most small companies they would either say sucks for you, close shop or re-open under a new name. I think the customer service throughout this has been outstanding considering 20000 batteries are being replaced out of this companies pocket.

You can't blame them for resuming regular business and offering an upgrade in the meantime they need money to fund this extravagant effort. The upgrade is great for everyone, if you're using it then you're getting a bigger battery and faster. If your not then it's taking people off the list who is potentially in front of you, which means you get your battery sooner.

It was the law for them to say stop using the batteries immediately.

Sent my form in mid-late april and am patiently waiting for new batteries(3).

GeoMan
    Thanks to everyone for their support! We are expecting two more shipments of the recall replacement GeoManGear 4.5Ah batteries in the next six weeks. We anticipate that these shipments will cover most of the outstanding claims.

We are trying to help out our customers who can't wait by offering the 6.0Ah upgrade option for a limited time. Please contact us for information.
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by glenm View Post
    I'll keep my money and put it towards a good light with a company with good service.
    good for you, I imagine there are lots of good lights from companies with good service out there for no more than the cost of a MagicShine +$25. I mean, if MagicShine can make such an awesome reliable product for $90, I've no doubt Lupine, Light&Motion and the others can do so for $115.

Let us know how you get on.

mtbr member
    I got my light set in November due to all the praise on here, then not even a week later after receiving the light, the lights were recalled. It makes me pretty mad when I think about it, I for one will not be spending one more cent with this company. It is now July and I have not received a new battery. I just do not understand how people can sit here and praise how this is going down. I was sold a defective battery pack, then a week later told to quit using it-- for what turns out to be 8 months. Wow, great service! I understand that geoman has went out of his way to make people happy in the PAST, but unfortunately for me, this is about some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I would have just wanted my money back in the first place, but it is my understanding that the unit be unused. During that whole big week between getting the unit and finding out about the notice, I used the light. I feel as if they had to know the lights were going to be recalled, so why did they keep selling them up to the very last moment? This is complete BS in my book.

www.airbornemtb.org
    Quote Originally Posted by GEOMAN View Post
    Thanks to everyone for their support! We are expecting two more shipments of the recall replacement GeoManGear 4.5Ah batteries in the next six weeks. We anticipate that these shipments will cover most of the outstanding claims.

We are trying to help out our customers who can't wait by offering the 6.0Ah upgrade option for a limited time. Please contact us for information.
    If there's a way to skip the wait AND upgrade for only $25 like mentioned above I'm in! Sent you an email via your website....
    Quote Originally Posted by HamfisT
    I understand that engineering has value in and of itself. But in the end, it's still just a pile of aluminum tubes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GEOMAN View Post

E-mail sent.
    Saves having to wait for the battery to arrive then having to send it back and wait again.
    Sounds like a no brainer!

Thanks GEO

sam

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Just put my paperwork in the mail for the $25 upgrade. Def worth it knowing I'll have batteries when I need them! Thanks Geoman!

mtbr member

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by finny1999 View Post
    Just put my paperwork in the mail for the $25 upgrade. Def worth it knowing I'll have batteries when I need them! Thanks Geoman!
    Me too. I think all you folks complaining are funny. First off I rode with the recalled batteries (probably 15-20x's) after the initial notice. Keep an eye on them while charging, no worries otherwise. I recycled mine (have to admit I thought twice about it cause they worked fine) a couple days after the recall got to me, bought another cheap battery from him and have done another 12-15 rides I'm guessing with that battery. I'll happily drop $50 to get the upgraded battery (now) and continue riding into fall. I'm as strapped for cash as the next guy but riding at night is what I do, I set my priorities and spend my money where it hopefully benefits me the most. In this case it was upgrading. Good luck.
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

www.airbornemtb.org
    requested the upgrade forms last night, got them in the email today, sent them out vis USPS this afternoon!

beats waiting for the replacements, plus its a better battery!
    Quote Originally Posted by HamfisT
    I understand that engineering has value in and of itself. But in the end, it's still just a pile of aluminum tubes.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast