Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Uncle

and validated?

Quote Originally Posted by osmarandsara View Post
    Estimated ETA:
    For claims received and validated by June 15, 2011, batteries will be shipped out by October 31st...
    I just found my battery-less MS900 kit on a shelf here, and started to wonder when/if my recall battery would come. Had the form signed off at the local battery recycler and mailed it in way back when -- early May IIRC. I haven't received any message stating that my claim form arrived, was validated, or anything. Waiting in the wind. So, I just sent another email asking specifically for confirmation that my form was received. Hopefully they can just check a list to make sure it got there. Would hate to have been waiting all this time for no reason, but not sure what else to do. Hoping for good news from Geoman, or even news that it'll come before 10/31...

Any idea what the validation process is?
    Every rose has it's thorn.

enjoy the ear worm

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Entrenador View Post
    ...Any idea what the validation process is?
    I assume they just cross check the quantity of batteries on your claim form with Geomangear sales records.

Confirmation notices were not sent in the past, but it sounds like they are going to notify people still waiting that the form was received.

mtbr member
    I'm going on 6 months since I sent my 2 batteries back to GeoMan. I filed all the necessary paper work and returned the batteries in early April. I have emailed Geoman a few times and included my return pin identification but all I get back is a canned statement, that they are busy filling return orders and can not give me a status or even let me know if they have received my batteries. Had I known this process was going to take over 6 months, I would have kept my old flammable batteries and dealt with the potential fire hazard. 6 months may be optimistic as the latest reports are saying September or December. I have a few night races that I would like to participate in coming weeks but it looks like I'll have to find some money to buy yet another light system. Some better communication would be nice. At the very least, I would like to know if GeoMan even has my batteries. As of right now, I have no idea????

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I just received the new confirmation notice by email (even though I have received my replacements).

So.....check your email.

g3h6o3
    Quote Originally Posted by TroutBum View Post
    I wouldn't be nearly as agitated if I understood that this was treated FIFO.
    This is my main gripe about the process, we have no clue what is going on and no way of knowing. For all I knew before receiving the upgrade receipt, my paperwork could have been lost in the mail and I would have never known.
    Check out my SportTracks plugins for some training aid software.

trail rat
    Just received in email. Three people at Geoman. THREE

Please disregard this email if you have already received your recall battery replacement(s).

We really apologize for the length of time this recall process is taking. We had planned to get batteries to everyone before the days started getting shorter and lights were needed for riding. But best intentions don't always work out.

We want to let you know that your claim has been received and validated against the Geomangear order database by the recall administrator on July 18, 2011 and you are in the recall queue. This whole process has been very complex with major issues surfacing constantly including severe supply chain problems due to Japan's very unfortunate twin disasters.

When will you get your battery(s)?

For claims that have been received by June 15, 2011 we will get all those batteries shipped out, at the latest, by October 31st.

For claims that have been received after June 15, 2011 we will get all those batteries shipped out, at the latest, by December 31st.

The three of us at Geomangear kindly ask you - please don't email us wanting to know more specifics. This recall is pushing our resources to the limit. We need to focus on getting batteries out as quickly as possible to everyone.

A side note - for those of you who are upset with us because we are still selling products on our website, please understand the reality that we must continue sales to fund this recall.

We thank you for your past patronage, your patience now and hopefully your continued support. Let us all be able to safely Ride On!

The Team at Geomangear

*** Please do not respond to this email. Responses will not be answered.***
    "The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

CCCMB trail work for trail access - SLO, CA

surly inbred
    Quote Originally Posted by slocaus View Post
    Just received in email.
    No email for me.

Quote Originally Posted by PissedOffCil View Post
    For all I knew before receiving the upgrade receipt, my paperwork could have been lost in the mail and I would have never known.
    Again, I'm not pointing fingers at Geoman, but my claim has been waiting since April to be validated? I'm not confident in the process and it's unfortunate that doing the right thing (albeit inefficiently) is likely to do more harm than good to their future business.

I am a repeat customer & will continue using Geoman.

mtbr member
    Just received in email. Three people at Geoman. THREE
    So what? Do you think a small internet business that at most does a few thousand dollars worth of business in a day needs to have 20 or 100 employees? One person could probably do the entire job.

trail rat
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrottleAbuse View Post
    So what? Do you think a small internet business that at most does a few thousand dollars worth of business in a day needs to have 20 or 100 employees? One person could probably do the entire job.
    You misunderstand - no need to shoot the messenger.

I know they are small. I expected fewer than three. I did business with them many years ago when it was just Jay, may he rest in peace.

Many here seem to think they have hundreds who can program full databases for instant status reports, answer emails and phone calls immediately, and order a few hundred thousand dollars of replacement batteries at once.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    ...but my claim has been waiting since April to be validated? ...
    Your claim would have been validated within a week or so of being received. They have only recently decided to notify us of the status.

g3h6o3
    Many here seem to think they have hundreds who can program full databases for instant status reports
    Bloody hell, I'd be bankrupt if that took more than a half day of work. You know what, make that 15 minutes with a public spreadsheet people can see where they are in the recall list using their PIN number... I'm sure they have such a spreadsheet to track everything already and they probably hide the 100 employees under their desk.

mtbr member
    You misunderstand - no need to shoot the messenger.

I know they are small. I expected fewer than three. I did business with them many years ago when it was just Jay, may he rest in peace.

Many here seem to think they have hundreds who can program full databases for instant status reports, answer emails and phone calls immediately, and order a few hundred thousand dollars of replacement batteries at once.
    Ahahhaa. My bad. Guess it hit a nerve as I run a small web company with 15 full and part time employees and people give me grief because we have small staff that sometimes can barely keep up.

Wish my batteries would get here. I sent my 3 in May 16th. I am on the fence on buying a second MJ-828 battery or upgrading to the 6.0Ah one. I am running a 1400 and was thinking about getting a MJ-872 through geoman to helmet mount. Anyone running a similar setup? Is the MJ-872 good for helmet mounting? How much runtime can I expect? Also noticed geoman is no longer doing the 1400. Anyone know why?

mtbr member
    Wish my batteries would get here. I sent my 3 in May 16th. I am on the fence on buying a second MJ-828 battery or upgrading to the 6.0Ah one. I am running a 1400 and was thinking about getting a MJ-872 through geoman to helmet mount. Anyone running a similar setup? Is the MJ-872 good for helmet mounting? How much runtime can I expect? Also noticed geoman is no longer doing the 1400. Anyone know why?
    I just got a MJ-872 this light is SICK !!!! this little light packs a punch but on your helmet I would say NO, its much more a bar light and on your head it wouldn't serve you well, Look into the MJ808E for your noggin Its cheaper And will spot highlight anything within a couple of hundred feet, its a good match with your 1400 on the bars this is the combo my wife is using and she loves it.
    on the 6.0 battery get them if you can your battery hog 1400 will love it

MJ808E the gallon bottle is at 100 ft

I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking

mtbr member
    Does the 872 not have the distance of the 808E?

mtbr member
    Does the 872 not have the distance of the 808E?
    Apples and oranges the 872 is a (flood) like your 1400 widebeams except way brighter and a ton more throw and the 808e is a (spot) later this week I will post new beamshots of the 872

mtbr member

6.0?

Where can I see this "6.0 geoman battery" everyone is referring to in this thread? Is it it the "5.8 open light battery" that is on their website?
    Team Topanga Creek Bicycles

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MAX A-E View Post
    Where can I see this "6.0 geoman battery" everyone is referring to in this thread? Is it it the "5.8 open light battery" that is on their website?
    Geomangear is currently out of stock on the GMG 6.0ah battery. I was told "it could be several weeks" before they get more in.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    ok just what to check in today I replaced the
    conector form the light head now have a good green
    light had s problem with the new battery's not
    taking a charge all I did was just run the lights for a
    1/2 hour and then they took a charge
    just got back for a night ride had my two m/s on high
    on the bars and the m/s tail light went for an hour 30 mins
    and still green lights the 6.0 seams to be working now
    the only thingI wish was that the wire coming off the
    battery were as long as the old battery's
    having them short is what cause my problem with the
    conector

used to be RipRoar
    Im tired of waiting on the recall replacements and being in the "queue" until October is unacceptable.

Anyone recommend a pack (Not from Geo)? How many Ah should I be looking for?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RipRoar View Post
    Im tired of waiting on the recall replacements and being in the "queue" until October is unacceptable.

Anyone recommend a pack (Not from Geo)? How many Ah should I be looking for?
    Why wouldn't you support them? They are going out of their way to try and make a situation right. One of their emails said this recall is costing them $750,000 That is a lot of cash for any business. I guess he could be like all the other companies that were selling them and tell you to piss off and buy a battery. Its funny that you would choose to support someone else that could very well be one of the companies telling you to pound sand instead of sending you new battery.

used to be RipRoar
    Why wouldn't you support them? They are going out of their way to try and make a situation right. One of their emails said this recall is costing them $750,000 That is a lot of cash for any business. I guess he could be like all the other companies that were selling them and tell you to piss off and buy a battery. Its funny that you would choose to support someone else that could very well be one of the companies telling you to pound sand instead of sending you new battery.
    I have supported them plenty. I like Geo and have purchased several items from them. Looking for an alternative. Besides I dont see what I need currently available from them.

-Not a Geoman diehard

mtbr member
    No email for me.
    Maybe check your spam folder, that is where I found mine. It comes from "noreply@rustconsulting.com" so it's going to look pretty spammy.
    I'm looking forward to regretting this.......

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

MS battery recall

Recieved this e-mail from Geoman yesterday.

"Please disregard this email if you have already received your recall battery replacement(s).

We really apologize for the length of time this recall process is taking. We had planned to get batteries to everyone before the days started getting shorter and lights were needed for riding. But best intentions don't always work out.

We want to let you know that your claim has been received and validated against the Geomangear order database by the recall administrator on August 12, 2011 and you are in the recall queue. This whole process has been very complex with major issues surfacing constantly including severe supply chain problems due to Japan's very unfortunate twin disasters.

For claims that have been received by June 15, 2011 we will get all those batteries shipped out, at the latest, by October 31st.

For claims that have been received after June 15, 2011 we will get all those batteries shipped out, at the latest, by December 31st.

The three of us at Geomangear kindly ask you - please don't email us wanting to know more specifics. This recall is pushing our resources to the limit. We need to focus on getting batteries out as quickly as possible to everyone.

A side note - for those of you who are upset with us because we are still selling products on our website, please understand the reality that we must continue sales to fund this recall.

We thank you for your past patronage, your patience now and hopefully your continued support. Let us all be able to safely Ride On!"

trail rat
    Same one I posted above yesterday.

mtbr member
    Yea, i got the same email. So does somebody have a link to a cheapo alternative battery ? Preferably with no mods required? Just in case its October and i didnt get my light back?

crash test dummy
    Aug 2004
    Sent my recall form and the request for an upgraded battery by snail mail, and got my upgraded battery in a WEEK. So worth the $25....

Considering GMG is in AZ, and I'm in NY, that was a nice surprise.

g3h6o3
    Got my upgraded batteries, charged them up and I'll be trying them when I get a chance. At last it all settled down.

Just Ride!
    It appears that I missed out on being in the early replacement batch by a few days, so I'm not looking to get a battery before late in the year. Again... perhaps this procedure has been covered in this thread, but... how did you get an upgraded battery? If there are links to this option on the Geo website, that would be extremely helpful also!

trail rat
    Quote Originally Posted by kustomz View Post
    It appears that I missed out on being in the early replacement batch by a few days, so I'm not looking to get a battery before late in the year. Again... perhaps this procedure has been covered in this thread, but... how did you get an upgraded battery? If there are links to this option on the Geo website, that would be extremely helpful also!
    The offer has expired, since they are out of batteries. It may be offered again in the future.

Copy of email.

mtbr member
    Was out on a ride the other night and it got very drak on the return. Wish I had a light but like most of you I'm still waiting for my replacement battery. As soon as I got home I went on ebay and purchased a battery. Summer is coming to an end and I can't wait any longer. The days are getting shorter.
    If you look for the truth outside yourself, it gets farther and farther away. ~ Tung-Shan

mtbr member
    I just hooked up a 7.4v LiPo RC battery and it works great. If you don't already do RC and have a good charger, it's not worth it. You need a balancing charger to get the most out of your batteries, otherwise you will get reduced capacity, unbalanced cells, and/or unusable batteries. In short here's what you need:

1. ~4000mah LiPo 7.4v battery - $17: Sky Lipo 4000mAh 7.4V 20C
    Stock MS battery is about 4400mah, and they also sell 4400mah and 5000mah batteries if you want longer runtime.

2. Solder a connector from either the MS extension cord or Y-cable (female end) - $8 if you want to buy one. Red to red, black to black. I soldered a pigtail so I could keep the RC connector for use with my charger.

3. Balancing charger - $20-60. You could use the geoman charger with this, but you risk setting your house on fire. There is no protection circuitry in these batteries like there are in the Geoman batteries. A balancing charger will connect to the white plug with 3 wires and monitor the voltage of each of the 2 cells in the pack.

I like these multifunction chargers, but they're a bit spendy if you're not into RC hobbies. I fly planes so I already have one. It's nice to set the charge rate, shutoff timer, voltage cutoff, and visually see what voltage each of the cells are at.

Sky Charger B6AC 6-in-1 DUAL POWER Balance Charger/Discharger w/ AC Adapter for 1-6 Cell Lipo/Lilo/LiFePo4 + 1-15 Cell Nimh/NiCD w/ USB PC Charging/Monitor Software
    "Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I think, as a family company trying to do what's right, they're doing a great job. They sent out an email yesterday that gave a general timeline of when to expect new battery packs. I sent mine in at the end of May, and by their timeline, Should expect the new ones around October 31'st. I had to check my spam email to get it. Looking forward to some new batteries...time change is coming soon!

Rollin 29s
    I held onto my batteries by choice after reading for about 4 months that nobody had received their batteries yet. This really convinced me that it wasn't worth losing out on night riding until well after the days got long again. One of my batteries got down to about 20 minutes on a charge and I decided it was time to send them in last week. As I'm probably one of the last people who is aware of this recall to act on it, I'm not counting on anything coming my way in 2011. I'll be ordering new batteries this week and when the recall batteries arrive long after I've forgotten all about the recall, it will be a pleasant surprise.
    Ride on!
    Whoever invented the bicycle deserves the thanks of humanity.
    - Lord Charles Beresford

Who are the brain police?

Hello GEOMAN?

Quote Originally Posted by shuffles View Post
    If so, when did you originally buy your light, and what was your PIN number?
    Any updates on the replacements? I mailed back both of my batteries from my 2300 combo back in April. Now the days are getting short and it's the end of August.

I'm starting to miss out on rides due to lack of daylight and lack of batteries.

The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

trail rat
    Quote Originally Posted by Locoman View Post
    Any updates on the replacements? I mailed back both of my batteries from my 2300 combo back in April. Now the days are getting short and it's the end of August.

I'm starting to miss out on rides due to lack of daylight and lack of batteries.

I'm not Geoman, but Yes there have been updates posted above and on the Recall page on the Geoman site.

Who are the brain police?
    I'm not Geoman, but Yes there have been updates posted above and on the Recall page on the Geoman site.
    Thanks.

Yes, I see they said on the week of 8/22 they'd be contacting all customers who have filed and returned claims, to confirm that their claim has been received.

I haven't heard anything and I sent my batteries back in April.
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Locoman View Post
    Thanks.

Yes, I see they said on the week of 8/22 they'd be contacting all customers who have filed and returned claims, to confirm that their claim has been received.

I haven't heard anything and I sent my batteries back in April.
    Check your Spam folder. Several posters have reported finding the email there.

Contact Geoman if it's not there.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Anyone receiving batteries from wave II of the replacements yet?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by isleblue65 View Post
    I held onto my batteries by choice after reading for about 4 months that nobody had received their batteries yet. This really convinced me that it wasn't worth losing out on night riding until well after the days got long again. One of my batteries got down to about 20 minutes on a charge and I decided it was time to send them in last week. As I'm probably one of the last people who is aware of this recall to act on it, I'm not counting on anything coming my way in 2011.

I'll be ordering new batteries this week and when the recall batteries arrive long after I've forgotten all about the recall, it will be a pleasant surprise. Ride on!
    +1000

(the number of rides isleblue65 will get in while others choose to spend their time whining)...

surly inbred
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    Contact Geoman if it's not there.
    Anyone have success using the 'contact us' feature on the GM website & if so, how long did you wait for a response?

Thanks

Candlestick Maker
    Quote Originally Posted by Perpetrator View Post
    Anyone receiving batteries from wave II of the replacements yet?
    I received mine yesterday. I mailed mine in shortly after the recall notice was sent out (but not immediately).

I want to take advantage of the upgrade program and have sent them an email asking if it's still a valid deal. No word back yet.
    baker

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by baker View Post
    I received mine yesterday. I mailed mine in shortly after the recall notice was sent out (but not immediately).
    Do you recall when you sent your battery in? I mailed mine back in early April and now I'm looking at 6 months since mine have been M.I.A. Getting very frustrated and am now considering buying a new light because I have been missing a few rides due to not having another adequate light system. I am loosing faith that I will see mine before the area 12 Hour races begin. Had Geoman let us know that this process would take half a year and longer, I would have never sent mine in on recall. I appreciate the fact that Geoman is trying to make this right but the process has gone on way too long. Now I am forced to buy yet another light system. Turns out the Magic Shine was not such a good deal after all. I guess, you get what you paid for.

mtbr member
    I agree a heads up on the lenght of time for the recall would have been nice. I wonder if they were not allowed to say it would take so long so that they could collect as many "bad" batteries as possible.

Don't waste your money on a new light. Buy a spare battery for the one you have or upgrade to the 6.0 battery. I bit the bullet and upgraded. I mailed my upgrade form on 8/27 and got my upgrade batteries on 9/6 Now I will be able to run my 1400 even longer for only $25

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultz29 View Post
    and am now considering buying a new light because I have been missing a few rides due to not having another adequate light system....... Now I am forced to buy yet another light system. .
    Seriously? You're gonna go out and buy a WHOLE new light system when all you need is a new battery (which are all over the place online)?

I'm baffled by all the complaints about the battery recall issue when it's really not a big deal. Put out another $35-40 for a new battery online, then when you're replacement comes in from Geoman, you have a spare battery! And you still spent WAY less for a light of this brightness then you would have just 3 years ago.

mtbr member
    FWIW, I received mine over Labor day weekend. Took it out once so far, works great!

My recall was "validated" on May 2.
    I'm looking forward to regretting this.......

Candlestick Maker
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultz29 View Post
    Do you recall when you sent your battery in?
    Late April, I believe.
    baker

mtbr member
    Mine arrived today. Just in time for 8:00 pitch darkness. Thanks GeoMan!
    http://facebook.com/CharlemontTrails
    NEMBA Past President...

surly inbred
    Miracles do exist. Got 'em today. Thanks Geoman & crew.

GeoMan
    Glad to hear this batch is starting to arrive, we are doing our best to get everyone shipped as soon as batches arrive from our Manufacturer. Thanks for your support

Miracles do exist. Got 'em today. Thanks Geoman & crew.
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I also got mine today! (I sent my form in late April)

mike
    i received mine a month and a half ago.

mtbr member
    Got mine today. Thanks Geoman! I really appreciate what you guys are doing. I fully understand that when things go wrong, and it's the fault of another company, it can be very expensive and time consuming to try to make things right. Assuming this battery works well, when I need an upgraded light system, I'll be coming back to Geoman.

mtbr member
    I just got mine today too. Nice surprise in the mail. Lot's of props to the Geoman crew and what dsnow23 said.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead!

Got my batteries Sept.2 sent them back and they recieved April 28. 4 months unacceptable business practices . Thru the light head away last month after buying a Dinotte 1200. Never again will I buy cheap crap .Anyone want 2 new batteries?

Zero Miles from Myself
    Got them today.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by coachl22 View Post
    Got my batteries Sept.2 sent them back and they recieved April 28. 4 months unacceptable business practices . Thru the light head away last month after buying a Dinotte 1200. Never again will I buy cheap crap .Anyone want 2 new batteries?

I will buy them from you!!! You have mail

Update::::: He wouldnt even sell them HE GAVE THEM AWAY
    Last edited by Rakuman; 09-09-2011 at 02:49 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    mailed in 2 batteries 4-21-11 arrived 9-8-11

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I'll take them. Should I PM you my address?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    No, "unacceptable business practices" are the companies that sold Magicshines and AREN'T recalling the battery.
    As far as throwing the light head away, dumbest thing I've read today, lol!

Candlestick Maker
    BTW, I emailed GeoManGear to see if the upgrade program is still valid. It is. I mailed my low capacity batteries back today. Reliable 6.0 Ah batteries for a $25 upgrade fee will be great!
    baker

mtbr member

I gotta laugh, why would you not want an extra light? Just on principle, eh?
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Sent in initial paperwork mid April or so. Received confirmation shortly thereafter but 4.5Ah batteries were out of stock. Filled out secondary paperwork for optional upgrade to 6.0Ah batteries but unfortunately backorders were being filled for this too. Waited on Geoman to take delivery of the 2nd batch. Received 6.0Ah batteries today.

Throughout entire process I was kept up to speed with developments. Emails were responded to in a very reasonable manner considering Geoman's staffing limitations and pre-existing workload. Yes, I did purchase other batteries to keep me going just in case there was further delays. Something which I assumed others would do considering the circumstances, apparently not the case.

Very disheartening to see certain individuals demanding something for nothing with such expected immediacy. Shame on you.

THANK YOU GEOMAN! - what you did voluntarily speaks heaps in itself. Consider me a repeat customer for future purchases. Service up and beyond.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromagftw View Post
    I did purchase other batteries to keep me going just in case there was further delays. Something which I assumed others would do considering the circumstances, apparently not the case.
    Me too. I like to ride at night, not b!+ch on the interdweebs.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jugdish View Post
    Me too. I like to ride at night, not b!+ch on the interdweebs.

Same here - I bought one of their new 6.0ah batteries while I'm waiting for the 4.5ah replacements (I have three coming). The 6.0ah battery is stellar.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Received mine today after sending in paper work on 5-2. I'm content, but the lack of communication was rather poor, as I was never notified of the recall by Geoman. Time to move on and I'm sure you guys will get your replacements soon.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I got mine the other day! MUCH better battery pack in my opinion, smaller, lighter, same great light output! Just in time for the time change coming up!!! It's time to ride a night again....armadillo's beware!!!

Rollin 29s
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromagftw View Post
    Sent in initial paperwork mid April or so. Received confirmation shortly thereafter but 4.5Ah batteries were out of stock. Filled out secondary paperwork for optional upgrade to 6.0Ah batteries but unfortunately backorders were being filled for this too. Waited on Geoman to take delivery of the 2nd batch. Received 6.0Ah batteries today.
    I don't see any form for the upgrade on Geomangear.com. Did he e-mail you the form? Are 6.0 batteries in stock now as far as you know?

Just got my battery in exchange for my recalled MS pack purchased from Thesingletrackstore.com and would like to take advantage of this upgrade offer.
    - Lord Charles Beresford

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Go mine Thursday and they look solid.

Timeline.... Sent paper work in on June 2. Received confirmation and one update email and then the replacement pack.BTW....Going riding tonight.

Thanks a bunch for your good service GeoMan folks.
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I don't see any form for the upgrade on Geomangear.com. Did he e-mail you the form? Are 6.0 batteries in stock now as far as you know?

Just got my battery in exchange for my recalled MS pack purchased from Thesingletrackstore.com and would like to take advantage of this upgrade offer.
    They are currently in stock. E-mail geoman and ask about the offer.

Rollin 29s
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    They are currently in stock. E-mail geoman and ask about the offer.
    Thanks Just sent him an e-mail.
    - Lord Charles Beresford

mtbr member
    Received my 2 replacement batteries today.
    Thanks Geoman batteries look good. Repped +1000.
    Sent batteries back a few days after the original notice.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Received my replacements. All is well in the world. What is wrong with America?! Why do people not take responsibility for their own actions? You do the research. You buy the product. OMG I chose the wrong product. Call the lawyers. ***** on a forum. Ahhh. Suck it up you damn babies.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Got the new ones

Recieved my 2 new batteries last Wednesday . Since I have already bought 2 aftermarket replacements, I will likely end up selling mine on eBay.

Low Rep Count
    Yea BOY! I got mine in the mail on Friday 9/9. Mailed mine out to them the first week of May. Yes it took a little while but it arrived! Winter night riding season is coming so I am happy to say that it arrived in time!

Candlestick Maker
    BTW, I emailed GeoManGear to see if the upgrade program is still valid. It is. I mailed my low capacity batteries back today. Reliable 6.0 Ah batteries for a $25 upgrade fee will be great!
    Received my upgraded 6.0 Ah batteries today. Woohoo! Ready for night riding season to begin.

baker
    baker

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I just went ahead a bought three 6.0s last month
    and have use the the heck out of these battery's
    and so fair they last a heck longer then the old ones
    after fixing the conector on one of the head lights
    they have worked problem free

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stingray66 View Post
    I just went ahead a bought three 6.0s last month
    and have use the the heck out of these battery's
    and so fair they last a heck longer then the old ones
    after fixing the conector on one of the head lights
    they have worked problem free

++1

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakuman View Post

++1

Have 2 6.0's as well. Only been using 1 and have charged it twice now and it only seems to run about 2 hrs. Do I need to give it more charge cycles to get the run time up?

A very nice battery. Thick wires, etc. Way better than the orig.

MB

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Thanks Geoman!

I received my three replacement batteries in the mail last week.

Jack

Rollin 29s
    Got my Singletrack Store replacement battery 2 weeks after sending it in. I sent it right back in for the 6.0 upgrade. I don't expect to see my Geoman battery replacement until December at the earliest, and more likely January. Not an issue as I've already bought my back-up batteries to hold me over until the Geo ones arrive.
    - Lord Charles Beresford

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Got my Singletrack Store replacement battery 2 weeks after sending it in. I sent it right back in for the 6.0 upgrade. I don't expect to see my Geoman battery replacement until December at the earliest, and more likely January. Not an issue as I've already bought my back-up batteries to hold me over until the Geo ones arrive.
    Interesting in that the singletrack store and geoman are now one and the same.

mtbr member
    isleblue65 you might be surprized the turnaround for the 6.0s is pretty quik

Rollin 29s
    The Singletrack Store recall batteries were being handled by Geomangear themselves since there were far fewer STS customers than Geomangear customers. They had to use an outside recall administration firm for the thousands of Geo battery packs because they would not be able to handle the sheer volume with the 2 to 3 people working the Geo business. I was lucky enough to have one STS battery and another that was GMG purchased. I didn't expect to see either of them for at least 3 to 4 months so was pleasantly surprised when I got one back so soon.

I think you are right Rakuman about the fast turnaround for the 6.0s. I'll probably have that one next week. I'm hoping it will power my two MJ-808 (900 lumen) lights with a 'Y' cable for a 3 hours on high because that's why I'm upgrading one of mine to the 6.0
    - Lord Charles Beresford

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Sent my warranty replacement battery back in to upgrade to the 6.0 battery. Lightning fast service. I mailed the battery and form out on a Fri and had the new one in my hands about a week later. Awesome service Geoman!

It needs to be said again, in taking care of this recall Geoman is standing behind a product he doesn't have to. My batteries were certainly out of the warranty period. Imagine if you'd had to deal with the manufacturer directly. Huge props to Geoman for standing behind their customers.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I sent mine in on June 3rd, and haven't got anything yet. Apparently, I'm number 3123 on the Recall list, so I hope I can get them soon. Starting to get dark pretty early around here.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    That's interesting. I've been told it's not three times in the last 6 weeks. Sure wish they'd let me upgrade especially since I still haven't got my replacements yet. Oh well thank god I've got my Trailled helmet light. I sure hope I get them by Oct 31 like they say I will.

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    i'm with jhymel, when I see folks on here start saying they are doing the 6.0 upgrade again, I email geoman and get the same reply, that the upgrade is not going on, seems like there might be a waiting list or they are only telling so many folks at a time...

g3h6o3
    Quote Originally Posted by mb323323 View Post
    Have 2 6.0's as well. Only been using 1 and have charged it twice now and it only seems to run about 2 hrs. Do I need to give it more charge cycles to get the run time up?
    I'm getting the same behavior but honestly I only rode them once yet. I left them to discharge overnight and they are currently charging.

I'm hoping this will settle, how are yours doing?

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I sent mine in in mid April and haven't gotten a replacement yet. Maybe time to contact Geoman?

trail rat
    Quote Originally Posted by mb323323 View Post
    There are occasional connector problems with old chargers and new batteries. One of my two would not charge, just flashed red and green every three seconds. I emailed GeoMan and had a replacement charger in four days.

g3h6o3
    There are occasional connector problems with old chargers and new batteries. One of my two would not charge, just flashed red and green every three seconds. I emailed GeoMan and had a replacement charger in four days.
    Mine took the expected duration to charge, I don't think this is the problem as there we're no symptoms of a defective charger.

mtbr member
    Just received six replacement batteries. Sent in forms in early May (recycled batteries locally) and received batteries today. As I'm up in Canada, I was on the international queue listing. I am so stoked!!! Six lights can outfit myself and two riding buddies!

Rollin 29s

No good The Single Track Store batteries NOT eligible for upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by JordyB View Post
    i'm with jhymel, when I see folks on here start saying they are doing the 6.0 upgrade again, I email geoman and get the same reply, that the upgrade is not going on, seems like there might be a waiting list or they are only telling so many folks at a time...
    I got my battery back from Geoman after sending the 4.5 in for the 6.0 upgrade and was surprised to find that they just returned my 4.5 to me. I e-mailed them for an explanation and they told me that only Geomangear purchased Magicshine recalled batteries were eligible for the battery upgrade, not The Single Track Store ones.

So save your $6 shipping if you were hoping to upgrade your batteries and you purchased them from The Single Track Store, because you are not going to find this information in the fine print.
    - Lord Charles Beresford

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I got my battery back from Geoman after sending the 4.5 in for the 6.0 upgrade and was surprised to find that they just returned my 4.5 to me. I e-mailed them for an explanation and they told me that only Geomangear purchased Magicshine recalled batteries were eligible for the battery upgrade, not The Single Track Store ones.

So save your $6 shipping if you were hoping to upgrade your batteries and you purchased them from The Single Track Store, because you are not going to find this information in the fine print.

you just can't fix stupid.

facepalm

Rollin 29s
    Quote Originally Posted by jbsteven View Post
    you just can't fix stupid.

facepalm
    Asshats like you are not worth responding to.... but to clarify for others;

The Single Track Store and Geomangear are one in the same, and the recall effects people who bought Magicshine batteries from either business. Therefore, it made sense that the upgrade was available to anyone who received a replacement 4.5Ah battery from Geoman under the recall. Not the case and I thought people would appreciate knowing before they sent in their batteries for the upgrade.
    - Lord Charles Beresford

GeoMan

For claims that have been received, processed and approved by June 15, 2011 we will get all those batteries shipped out, at the latest, by October 31, 2011.

For claims that have been received, processed and approved between June 16, 2011 and September 15, 2011 we will get all those batteries shipped out, at the latest, by December 31, 2011.

For claims that have been received, processed and approved between September 16, 2011 and October 31, 2011, we will get all those batteries shipped out, at the latest, by January 31, 2012.

We thank you for your past patronage, your patience now and hopefully your continued support. Let us all be able to safely Ride On!

We have recently updated our Recall page with lots of information.
    Recall Alert : GeoMan Gear, The best products, the best prices, & Lightnin Fast service!

Quote Originally Posted by lanceuppercut View Post
    I sent mine in in mid April and haven't gotten a replacement yet. Maybe time to contact Geoman?
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

mtbr member
    What does processing and approving the claims consist of?

GeoMan
    The Geomangear 6.0Ah Battery Upgrade Program is not currently available because we will be shipping thousands of recall replacement batteries in the upcoming weeks and we expect that most customers claims will be fulfilled.

In addition, we are not currently offering the option to upgrade your new, un-used 4.5Ah recall replacement battery because our 6.0Ah battery orders were placed 3 months ago and there simply isn't enough inventory to fill all of the requests. We also had a number of customers sending in used 4.5Ah batteries which really complicated the program.

Thanks for all of your support
    GeoManGear Team

Quote Originally Posted by JordyB View Post
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GEOMAN View Post
    The Geomangear 6.0Ah Battery Upgrade Program is not currently available because we will be shipping thousands of recall replacement batteries in the upcoming weeks and we expect that most customers claims will be fulfilled.

Thanks for all of your support
    GeoManGear Team
    Congratulations on fulfilling your promise to take care of your customers, I'm sure it wasn't easy, In today's times it would have been so much easier for you guys to walk away and wash your hands of this, I for one want to say Thank you
    Major props and I look forward to doing business in the future

GeoMan
    Thanks Rakuman. Finally our large battery orders are beginning to arrive, we will have a busy month getting all of them shipped out to customers. Thanks again to all of our customers for their patience with this lengthy process, we appreciate every one of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakuman View Post
    Congratulations on fulfilling your promise to take care of your customers, I'm sure it wasn't easy, In today's times it would have been so much easier for you guys to walk away and wash your hands of this, I for one want to say Thank you
    Major props and I look forward to doing business in the future
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0