Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 621
  1. #151
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    17
    just got mine this week. Sent in the letter within 1 day of receiving it. Looks like about a 2 month turn around. Thanks geoman

  2. #152
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxg33k View Post
    just got mine this week. Sent in the letter within 1 day of receiving it. Looks like about a 2 month turn around. Thanks geoman
    Good to know people are still receiving them this week. Maybe there is still hope that mine will be coming soon.

  3. #153
    meh
    Reputation: clewttu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,182
    May have been mentioned, didnt read the whole thread, sorry
    How are the batteries shipped? USPS, UPS? Am curious because I just moved, so USPS will forward but UPS wont and I assume i wont recieve a tracking number.

  4. #154
    since 4/10/2009
    Reputation: Harold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    18,559
    Quote Originally Posted by PhxChem View Post
    I actually purchased mine BECAUSE of the summer down here in AZ....

    My body just doesn't handle 110F in the direct sun. However, the mid-90's around dusk works.......there's just something about that big ball of fire!!
    no kidding. I purchased mine in part because of the summers. but also because it's dark when I commute home in the wintertime. I stopped using the MS batts when notice first came out, which hindered my commuting back in the winter. now, it's cutting into my recreational riding time!

    I broke down and ordered a 6.0Ah battery from Geoman, which should be here today. I will be making use of it soon.

  5. #155
    POG
    POG is offline
    Pudgy Old Guy
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    535
    Maybe all of us who DID NOT receive our batteries today should post daily. I sent my form in on April 21 (I kept a copy) and DID NOT receive my batteries today. I'm not whining - just reporting.

  6. #156
    Rollin 29s
    Reputation: isleblue65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by POG View Post
    Maybe all of us who DID NOT receive our batteries today should post daily. I sent my form in on April 21 (I kept a copy) and DID NOT receive my batteries today. I'm not whining - just reporting.
    Or if you bought the SAME Magicshine light set from Deals Extreme or any of the Ebay sellers, you would not be offered a replacement battery at all! Geo is busting his tail trying to make this right, and it doesn't appear that the Manufacturer of MagicShine in China (the ones who are at fault) are doing very much if anything to fund any part of this recall.

    Look at the big picture, have extra patience and be thankful you are being offered a replacement battery at all.
    Whoever invented the bicycle deserves the thanks of humanity.
    - Lord Charles Beresford

  7. #157
    since 4/10/2009
    Reputation: Harold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    18,559
    Quote Originally Posted by isleblue65 View Post
    Or if you bought the SAME Magicshine light set from Deals Extreme or any of the Ebay sellers, you would not be offered a replacement battery at all! Geo is busting his tail trying to make this right, and it doesn't appear that the Manufacturer of MagicShine in China (the ones who are at fault) are doing very much if anything to fund any part of this recall.

    Look at the big picture, have extra patience and be thankful you are being offered a replacement battery at all.

    No kidding. My 6.0Ah Geoman battery came yesterday. it's charging up for a ride tomorrow night. I'm still waiting for my warranty recall batteries, but I'm pretty confident they will be high quality and great supplements to the 6.0Ah one. But now that I have a working battery for my lights, I can get busy riding.

    It's not Geoman's fault any of this is going down. Props to him for identifying the problem and taking steps to resolve it. AND, supplying an upgraded battery pack in the process. How awesome is that?

  8. #158
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    17
    clewttu - I was under the impression that they were shipped USPS, but mine came UPS.

  9. #159
    meh
    Reputation: clewttu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxg33k View Post
    clewttu - I was under the impression that they were shipped USPS, but mine came UPS.
    thanks

  10. #160
    fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Reputation: CHUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,616
    i am bummed...

    a coworker and i sent our claims in on the same day, in the exact same way...

    he received his battery....

    i did not...

    dratz.
    Click Here for Forum Rules

  11. #161
    drunken pirate
    Reputation: driftwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,414
    Has anyone who had multiple batteries received them yet? I sent in three (purchased at different times)...
    More Trails, Not Less

    Adventures in Pisgah

  12. #162
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    224
    I can see my batteries just floating in the ocean! Fear not I haven't given up hope yet.

  13. #163
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    752
    Quote Originally Posted by driftwood View Post
    Has anyone who had multiple batteries received them yet? I sent in three (purchased at different times)...
    I haven't and I sent mine the same day the letter arrived. 3 batteries as well. I suspect they are only sending out single battery submissions in order to cover the most number of people with the fewest batteries.

  14. #164
    fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Reputation: CHUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,616
    Quote Originally Posted by MtbMacgyver View Post
    I haven't and I sent mine the same day the letter arrived. 3 batteries as well. I suspect they are only sending out single battery submissions in order to cover the most number of people with the fewest batteries.
    sounds right...

    my friend sent in 1...i sent in 2

    on the same day from the same place....

    he got his....i did not

    dammit.
    Click Here for Forum Rules

  15. #165
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    18
    I sent in just 1 a few days after I got the letter. I have not received my replacement yet.

  16. #166
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    8
    FYI I recycled 2 and sent in the paperwork on the day after I received the letter and received both replacement batteries a couple of weeks ago - so they didn't limit to sending out single battery submissions.

  17. #167
    fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Reputation: CHUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherbona View Post
    FYI I recycled 2 and sent in the paperwork on the day after I received the letter and received both replacement batteries a couple of weeks ago - so they didn't limit to sending out single battery submissions.
    well...that kills the hell outta my theory...

    dratz...
    Click Here for Forum Rules

  18. #168
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    17
    just saw you can upgrade your replacement 4.5ah batteries to the new 6.0ah for $25 each from geo.

  19. #169
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    193
    would be sweet if we could put in the recall notice pin on the web and upgrade to the bigger 6.0ah packs for $25 each and forgo the recall wait.
    ______________________________

    "If it ain't moto, it's worthless"

  20. #170
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,786
    Does this mean that those of use still waiting are going to get the "returned unused" banged around in shipping two extra times (and possibly used) batteries? Not exactly my first choice.

  21. #171
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rakuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    831
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    Does this mean that those of use still waiting are going to get the "returned unused" banged around in shipping two extra times (and possibly used) batteries? Not exactly my first choice.
    Good point, but the reason they have to do it this way is to fulfill the terms of the recall its a process they cannot get around it.
    Its a great deal I did it and the 6.0s are sick . I did 2 hours with a Raylll and a XM-L last night and the Raylll battery was still green and the XM-L just turned blue,
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking


  22. #172
    drunken pirate
    Reputation: driftwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,414
    Quote Originally Posted by nmanchin View Post
    would be sweet if we could put in the recall notice pin on the web and upgrade to the bigger 6.0ah packs for $25 each and forgo the recall wait.
    It would be sweet if we could pay $25 for the 4.5ah packs and forgo the recall wait
    More Trails, Not Less

    Adventures in Pisgah

  23. #173
    VENI VEDI BIKI
    Reputation: skankingbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    730
    + 1

  24. #174
    VENI VEDI BIKI
    Reputation: skankingbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    730
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxg33k View Post
    just saw you can upgrade your replacement 4.5ah batteries to the new 6.0ah for $25 each from geo.
    Just so everyone is on the same page: This from Geoman's website
    http://www.geomangear.com/index.php?...roducts_id=284
    _______________________________________


    ANNOUNCING THE GEOMANGEAR BATTERY UPGRADE PROGRAM:

    For a limited time, GeoManGear is offering a special battery upgrade program for customers affected by our Magicshine Battery Recall program.

    You must complete the official battery recall process and receive your replacement 4.5Ah battery before you are eligible for this upgrage.

    You can upgrade your new, un-used GeoManGear 4.5 Ah battery pack for a new GeoManGear 6.0 Ah battery pack for only $25.00. Click here for the form.

  25. #175
    fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Reputation: CHUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,616
    Quote Originally Posted by skankingbiker View Post
    Just so everyone is on the same page: This from Geoman's website
    http://www.geomangear.com/index.php?...roducts_id=284
    _______________________________________


    ANNOUNCING THE GEOMANGEAR BATTERY UPGRADE PROGRAM:

    For a limited time, GeoManGear is offering a special battery upgrade program for customers affected by our Magicshine Battery Recall program.

    You must complete the official battery recall process and receive your replacement 4.5Ah battery before you are eligible for this upgrage.


    You can upgrade your new, un-used GeoManGear 4.5 Ah battery pack for a new GeoManGear 6.0 Ah battery pack for only $25.00. Click here for the form.
    aw ****ing godammit to hell!!!

    that ****ing sucks giant donkey balls....mother ****ing **** ****er **** piss!!!
    Click Here for Forum Rules

  26. #176
    VENI VEDI BIKI
    Reputation: skankingbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    730
    I may be wrong on this, but if Geoman has a supply delay, this may be an efficient way of getting the most batteries to the most people as quickly as possible.

    The upgrade is great for people who have already received their replacements, and is helpful to people who are still waiting to get theirs in that we may get a "recycled replacement" quicker than waiting for the slow boat from China (errrr. Japan) for a "new replacement".

    The logistics of all of this is mind boggling.......

  27. #177
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jugdish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,240
    Quote Originally Posted by skankingbiker View Post
    You must complete the official battery recall process and receive your replacement 4.5Ah battery before you are eligible for this upgrage.

    That's too bad because I'd throw down fifty to get my two batteries back in a minute, with the upgrade... wouldn't think twice. Hell, I hope they still have the program going when I finally* get my replacements cause I think I'm down anyway.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

  28. #178
    VENI VEDI BIKI
    Reputation: skankingbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    730
    Sucks for us, but I can understand from Gm standpoint. If upgrade was open to everyone affected by the recall, he'd be selling his main product at/below cost and would burn through his active inventory real quick...Then 4 months later he'd have a boatload of replacements no one wants.

    I am just happy he seems to be making every effort to get us our replacements and retain his customer loyalty.

  29. #179
    nocturnal oblivion
    Reputation: stumblemumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,330
    Nice to see others are still waiting as well...
    "...like sex with the trail." - Boe

  30. #180
    trail rat
    Reputation: slocaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,809
    I'm still waiting for my recall notice!
    "The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

    CCCMB trail work for trail access - SLO, CA

  31. #181
    nocturnal oblivion
    Reputation: stumblemumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,330
    Quote Originally Posted by slocaus View Post
    I'm still waiting for my recall notice!
    You win. I feel much better now.
    "...like sex with the trail." - Boe

  32. #182
    Rollin 29s
    Reputation: isleblue65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by slocaus View Post
    I'm still waiting for my recall notice!
    I was too until a few weeks ago. I finally e-mailed him with my original purchase date, e-mail address and info. He sent me back my personal recall ID via an e-mail. You can download the recall form off his site, write in the personal ID # and recycle your batteries.
    Whoever invented the bicycle deserves the thanks of humanity.
    - Lord Charles Beresford

  33. #183
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,856
    "ANNOUNCING THE GEOMANGEAR BATTERY UPGRADE PROGRAM:

    For a limited time, GeoManGear is offering a special battery upgrade program for customers affected by our Magicshine Battery Recall program.

    You must complete the official battery recall process and receive your replacement 4.5Ah battery before you are eligible for this upgrage.

    You can upgrade your new, un-used GeoManGear 4.5 Ah battery pack for a new GeoManGear 6.0 Ah battery pack for only $25.00. Click here for the form.
    skankingbiker is online now"


    This doesn't make sense. If they are waiting for 4.5Ah batteries why not just have people send in the old batteries with $25 and then ship them the larger battereis?

  34. #184
    nocturnal oblivion
    Reputation: stumblemumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,330
    Quote Originally Posted by richwolf View Post
    "ANNOUNCING THE GEOMANGEAR BATTERY UPGRADE PROGRAM:

    For a limited time, GeoManGear is offering a special battery upgrade program for customers affected by our Magicshine Battery Recall program.

    You must complete the official battery recall process and receive your replacement 4.5Ah battery before you are eligible for this upgrage.

    You can upgrade your new, un-used GeoManGear 4.5 Ah battery pack for a new GeoManGear 6.0 Ah battery pack for only $25.00. Click here for the form.
    skankingbiker is online now"


    This doesn't make sense. If they are waiting for 4.5Ah batteries why not just have people send in the old batteries with $25 and then ship them the larger battereis?
    It's probably a technicality of the recall process, Consumer Affairs or whomever says that the person must receive the replacement Geoman agreed to. After that, anything can happen.
    "...like sex with the trail." - Boe

  35. #185
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    226
    wow this thread makes me glad i didn't send in my old batteries (yet). they work great, and i still get to night ride...until i spontaneously combust i guess

  36. #186
    mtbr member
    Reputation: neilether's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    456

    Recall Upgrade Still Available??

    Quote Originally Posted by skankingbiker View Post
    Just so everyone is on the same page: This from Geoman's website
    http://www.geomangear.com/index.php?...roducts_id=284
    So this offer appears to be no longer active?? I recycled my batteries the end of April and am waiting for the new ones to arrive. However, I would have upgraded without blinking. I am hoping that the availability of this upgrade is not dependent upon whether you were lucky enough to have received your batteries already........
    _______________________________________

  37. #187
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakuman View Post
    The cells are Panasonics some of the best you can buy and yes they come from Japan.
    Am I the only one surprised that the CPSC's (or whomever's) policy seemingly won't allow for an equivalent high-quality substitute for the Panasonic cells?

    Forgot to add: End of April for me, too. Two batteries.

  38. #188
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    18
    i have read this forum for a long time and finally joined. I have 3 batteries that I got from geoman. i sent 2 back in April. It's now almost july. I got tired of waiting and bought a 1200 dinotte 3 weeks ago. great light and great company so far. over 60 days is to long for a business to keep my confidence . sorry if that offends but you can't stay in business with that kind of turn around. i would have bought a lupine form them but i don't want to go through that kind of hassle if something goes wrong.

  39. #189
    Rollin 29s
    Reputation: isleblue65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    528
    Yep, strange that the trade-up deal for the 6.0 Ah batteries has been pulled from the site. I wonder if the CPSC put the lid on this offer for some reason?
    Whoever invented the bicycle deserves the thanks of humanity.
    - Lord Charles Beresford

  40. #190
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,290
    Quote Originally Posted by coachl22 View Post
    i have read this forum for a long time and finally joined. I have 3 batteries that I got from geoman. i sent 2 back in April. It's now almost july. I got tired of waiting and bought a 1200 dinotte 3 weeks ago. great light and great company so far. over 60 days is to long for a business to keep my confidence . sorry if that offends but you can't stay in business with that kind of turn around. i would have bought a lupine form them but i don't want to go through that kind of hassle if something goes wrong.
    You could have just bought a replacement battery from somewhere else for $40....

    http://www.ballisticbatteries.com/Pa...ID=200&Search=

    But hey, the Dinotte's pretty nice...

  41. #191
    since 4/10/2009
    Reputation: Harold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    18,559
    Quote Originally Posted by coachl22 View Post
    i have read this forum for a long time and finally joined. I have 3 batteries that I got from geoman. i sent 2 back in April. It's now almost july. I got tired of waiting and bought a 1200 dinotte 3 weeks ago. great light and great company so far. over 60 days is to long for a business to keep my confidence . sorry if that offends but you can't stay in business with that kind of turn around. i would have bought a lupine form them but i don't want to go through that kind of hassle if something goes wrong.
    Have you read the discussion yet? the recall is being managed by a 3rd party company. the forms go to them. They dictate who gets what and when. they are the ones f'ing this whole process up by not doing a first in-first out process.

    second, did you not catch that there's a production problem because of the fallout (quite literally) in Japan?

    it's not Geoman you should be angry/frustrated with.

    I have been happy riding with the 6.0Ah battery pack I ordered from Geoman. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people have done similar (or taken advantage of the upgrade deal) and now Geoman's supply of them is too small to fulfill the upgrade deal.

    I have been extremely happy with the quality of the new pack. I only hope the 4.5Ah warranty replacements are as good by the time they get to me.

  42. #192
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    239
    Geo,

    I guess I should have waited and gone with the 6.0 amp hour battery. My replacement (new) 4.5 amp hour battery is only getting about an hour or less of runtime (<=40 mins on SOS followed by <=40 mins on high = red LED).

  43. #193
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Hopper View Post
    Geo,

    I guess I should have waited and gone with the 6.0 amp hour battery. My replacement (new) 4.5 amp hour battery is only getting about an hour or less of runtime (<=40 mins on SOS followed by <=40 mins on high = red LED).
    Mine gets 2 hrs, vs the 3.5 hrs I got on my other three 4.4ah batteries I own.

    So, I'm interested in the 6.0ah @$25 deal, if it reappears. Was unaware of it until it was gone....

  44. #194
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by seeker View Post
    Mine gets 2 hrs, vs the 3.5 hrs I got on my other three 4.4ah batteries I own.

    So, I'm interested in the 6.0ah @$25 deal, if it reappears. Was unaware of it until it was gone....
    2s better than what I have now 0.

  45. #195
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    18
    I have read almost everything on here for the last year and a half. Why would you turn your company over to some body that is just goin to make your costumers unhappy? I read the pro's and con's before I bought the set up and i must say the con's were right in a lot of ways. China is screwing us all in just about every product we get from them . That is why i went with USA made.

  46. #196
    KevinK
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    531
    It's been two weeks, sent in my PIN#, no reply from Geomangear. First time I've e-mailed them, without a response. Well, it's only the first week of Summer, Hopefully, I will receive my two batteries soon. Will keep everyone posted.

  47. #197
    mtbr member
    Reputation: argibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    426
    I can't believe it....they arrived! Bought a 2300 kit last September and didn't get to use much before recall notice not to use. Sent back replacement form within a few days back in April, and they arrived today.
    Giant Team Bike & Bean-Marin Co., CA

    https://www.facebook.com/GiantBikeandBean

  48. #198
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ICE4Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    148
    All is right with MY biking world… GeoMan has lived up to his promise of sending me new replacement batteries for my old Magicshine batteries free of charge. When I got home last night, there they were in a non-descript cardboard box, waiting for me to take them for a ride. I was not expecting them until much later this year, so I did purchase another set of lights recently from GeoMan. Now it looks like I can make a smoken deal to my little brother on my older Magicshines with new batteries.
    To those still waiting, I understand the frustration, but keep the faith. Your batteries will show up eventually.
    Ride On
    Ben
    Looking for that perfect trail…again…and…again…and…again…

  49. #199
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,786
    Quote Originally Posted by ICE4Me View Post
    ...To those still waiting, I understand the frustration, but keep the faith. Your batteries will show up eventually.
    Ride On
    Ben
    It's just aggravating to keep reading about people getting their batteries that sent in the form later than I did. I still assume it has to do with the "recall company" and not Geomangear.

    Geomangear is still golden as far as I'm concerned.

  50. #200
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ICE4Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    148
    I understand. I sent my form in the next day after I received it.
    Clearly they are not using the first in first out process.

    I hope everyone gets there’s sooner rather than later.

    Ben
    Looking for that perfect trail…again…and…again…and…again…

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •