Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 621
  1. #51
    VENI VEDI BIKI
    Reputation: skankingbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by nmanchin View Post
    I sent my form back on April 21. It's been there for at least a month. What's the dealio Geoman? Is there anyway I can see if my letter was even received. Is the firm literally calling each recycle facility to verfiy?
    Same boat

  2. #52
    GeoMan
    Reputation: GEOMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,707
    Hi guys
    There are multiple steps involved after we receive your claim form which include verifying the name, address, PIN and number of batteries against our order database to scanning and attaching your signed claim form to the database that is provided to the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission. Then creating the XML data format to handle the shipping aspect of the process. The recall administration company is still processing claims from the massive response that we received in the first month, we are shipping replacements out daily but due to sheer volume and the complicated process it takes time. We are also handling hundreds of emails each day with these same questions which further reduces our ability to focus on the job at hand which includes processing the recall replacements and maintaining a healthy business so we can fund the recall. We appreciate your support and continued patience



    Quote Originally Posted by skankingbiker View Post
    Same boat
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

  3. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,826
    Bueller?
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

  4. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    29
    Mailed mine on 04/21. they showed up at my home on 05/26.
    Thanks GeoMan

  5. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    20
    Still waiting on mine, Have a 24 hour race coming up on the 18th, getting nervous..

  6. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,541
    Got mine.

  7. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    133
    sent 4/21 and still waiting. contacted geoman 13 days ago and they said they would send my replacement batteries with the next shipment.

  8. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by chiznitz View Post
    Still waiting on mine, Have a 24 hour race coming up on the 18th, getting nervous..
    I'm assuming you're talking about 24HIEF. I got so disgusted with "geoman" and the battery debacle at 24HIOP that we bought quite a few extra batteries. You are more than welcome to borrow a few during the race....we're Team Schadenfreude....should be easy to find. I'm waiting on replacements as well....not holding my breath. Good luck.

  9. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    239
    Well, I got the replacement battery on 05-23-11. Because I had already purchased a BD Strykr to replace it, I haven't used it yet. Last night, I hooked it up to get ready for today's commute (this time of year, coming home is in the dark). Before hand, I attempted to charge the battery up, but the charger indicated it was full. Now, when hooked up, the LED on the back of the light head is red. The light seems to work fine, though I'm not sure yet of the brightness.

    As I understand it, when the battery runs down it puts out less power; the light head reads this and the LED changes from green to red, as a warning to the rider. With a full battery, the LED should be green. With my new battery fully charged, why is the LED red?

  10. #60
    Candlestick Maker
    Reputation: baker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,053
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Hopper View Post
    Well, I got the replacement battery on 05-23-11. Because I had already purchased a BD Strykr to replace it, I haven't used it yet. Last night, I hooked it up to get ready for today's commute (this time of year, coming home is in the dark). Before hand, I attempted to charge the battery up, but the charger indicated it was full. Now, when hooked up, the LED on the back of the light head is red. The light seems to work fine, though I'm not sure yet of the brightness.

    As I understand it, when the battery runs down it puts out less power; the light head reads this and the LED changes from green to red, as a warning to the rider. With a full battery, the LED should be green. With my new battery fully charged, why is the LED red?
    I'm betting the light color is dependent upon the pack voltage. Do you have a multimeter that you can test the voltage with? It should be around 8.40v at full charge. If the multimeter shows that value after charging, the monitoring circuit is bogus. If the multimeter shows anything significantly below 8.40V, your battery isn't really getting charged.
    baker

  11. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rakuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    721
    Ive had this happen before with a new battery plug it back in to the charger again it just needs to wake up the chip on the battery, if that doesn't work plug it back to the light and turn it on for a minute then back to the charger it worked for me doing this.
    Last edited by Rakuman; 05-31-2011 at 09:45 AM.
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking


  12. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rakuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    721
    Photobucket
    would not recommend the multimeter try what I posted above worked for me
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking


  13. #63
    Candlestick Maker
    Reputation: baker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakuman View Post
    would not recommend the multimeter try what I posted above worked for me
    Ha! Good point, Rakuman. It is very easy to short the pack due to the connector configuration. I have a pigtail connector that makes it much easier...
    baker

  14. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1

    recall

    Iv sent mine back within 5 days when i recieved the notice 6 weeks ago, i imagine there in the mail. Im missing night rides like crazy now cuz its in the 90's during the day & 60's at night. Thought of purchasing a new light for back-up, might get it before replacement batteries arrive.
    Last edited by allmtner; 05-31-2011 at 04:38 PM. Reason: not needed

  15. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    17
    mailed my letter 4/21 and still have not received my replacements here in Pennsylvania. I contacted Geoman via their site and got a "please be patient" email. I'm getting anxious as I need them to train in early mornings/nights due to work schedule. It would have been nice to be notified when to expect the replacements, purely from the package tracking standpoint.

  16. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rakuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    721
    This is taken from another site but I could not agree more
    Quote Originally Posted by One_Track_Mind View Post
    Jesus. What a bunch of spoiled whiners. Seriously. You bought a $90 light when most comparable lights cost $400+. If you want to ***** and moan every step of the way, you should have bought a $400 light from one of the big companies. Geoman is a small business and doesn't have the infrastructure of the big boys. He is doing everything he can to get your replacement batteries out to you (at no charge, which is pretty incredible). Cut him some slack and be thankful that you got a new, improved battery for free.
    If you're so important and have a big race coming up buy another light from Geoman. Now you will have 2 kick-ass lights for under $200. Seriously, get a grip. And all of the pestering and hand-holding you're demanding only further taxes Geomans thin time/resources. Geoman have you gotten my form? Geoman have you read my form? Geoman have you processed my form? Have you shipped my light? What did you have for breakfast this morning? Do you like the color blue? What time do you usually go to bed? Who do you think will win the playoffs...? Jesus. You all remind me of my ex-girlfriend. Time spent answering your every little question is time not spent getting you your light. Be patient.
    Remember when you were a kid and ordered stuff out of the back of magazines (boy scouts)? Four to Six weeks delivery, after they received your letter. Call it two months. Don't get your panties in a bunch.
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking


  17. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Hopper View Post
    Before hand, I attempted to charge the battery up, but the charger indicated it was full. Now, when hooked up, the LED on the back of the light head is red. The light seems to work fine, though I'm not sure yet of the brightness.

    As I understand it, when the battery runs down it puts out less power; the light head reads this and the LED changes from green to red, as a warning to the rider. With a full battery, the LED should be green. With my new battery fully charged, why is the LED red?
    I had the exact same problem with my new battery.
    Bought one while I'm waiting for replacement to come.

    When it's charging the light on the charger should be red.
    When it's not charging the light will be green
    Email Geoman he'll probably send you a new charger.

    Here is my original email;

    Geoman
    I received your new battery yesterday (took a long time to clear customs,
    not your problem.)Order Number: xxxxx
    Plugged the new battery into the new light head, indicator was red so I put
    it on the charger.
    The light on the charger flashed red then went back to green.
    I figured perhaps it was a problem with the lighthead indicator so plugged
    in the old lighthead = red
    So I left it on low for an hour then tried to charge it again
    the light on the charger flickers red once as it makes the connection then
    goes green
    Measured the output of the charger 8.59 vdc
    Measured the open circuit voltage of the battery 7.11 vdc
    I'm assuming (yes I know what happens when you assume) that the pcb is not
    allowing the battery to take a charge.
    If I plug the battery into the charger the light is green when I plug the
    charge in it flashes (once) red.
    same thing if the charger is plugged in before I plug in the battery
    battery temp is 14'c (always cool in my basement!)
    Hope this rambling makes sense.

    and his reply;

    It appears as though that Magicshine charger is a little off spec. Thanks for the very detailed analysis of the situation. The PCB will not permit a charge to be accepted above 8.50V, that's why the battery will power a lighthead but not accept a charge from that particular charger. The little flash you see on the Charger led is the PCB of the battery activating protection mode.



    We will ship a replacement charger today, please do not use that charger. We apologise for this issue.

    New charger arrived fairly quickly and works great.
    The lighthead indicator works as it should

    Hope this helps.

    sam

  18. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rakuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    721
    When it happened to me just this morning as a matter of fact. I tried 3 different chargers that worked fine with with the other new batteries it was this one battery that didn't want to charge, same symptoms as yours, I plugged it into a lighthead for a minute then it charged fine on all three chargers that leads me to believe it was the battery not the chargers at least in my case, I charged 5 more of the same type batteries with none of the priors symptoms, Ive had this happen before also with a different brand battery I personally think that sometimes a new pcb just needs to be woke up on its first charge, if i had not seen it before i would think somethings wrong though.
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking


  19. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    239
    Hmm... I commuted today, had it on flash (sos) most of the time for a total of about 1 hr. 10 minutes. I got home and read the replies to my post. So, I put the battery on the charger. The charging indicator flashed red and then immediately turned to green. Given that I used it for over an hour today on SOS, it can't possibly be fully charged. Based on this experience, coupled with Sammer's analysis, it seems my charger needs replacing...

    BTW, I do have a multimeter, but did not attempt to measure the output.

    Geoman- how do I go about requesting a new charger?

    Thanks!

    Edit - emailed Geo, awaiting response...

  20. #70
    Agent of tang
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by nmanchin View Post
    I sent my form back on April 21. It's been there for at least a month. What's the dealio Geoman? Is there anyway I can see if my letter was even received. Is the firm literally calling each recycle facility to verfiy?
    same.

  21. #71
    Rep Power: Infinity
    Reputation: NateHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakuman View Post
    This is taken from another site but I could not agree more
    Quote Originally Posted by One_Track_Mind View Post
    Jesus. What a bunch of spoiled whiners. Seriously. You bought a $90 light when most comparable lights cost $400+. If you want to ***** and moan every step of the way, you should have bought a $400 light from one of the big companies. Geoman is a small business and doesn't have the infrastructure of the big boys. He is doing everything he can to get your replacement batteries out to you (at no charge, which is pretty incredible). Cut him some slack and be thankful that you got a new, improved battery for free.
    If you're so important and have a big race coming up buy another light from Geoman. Now you will have 2 kick-ass lights for under $200. Seriously, get a grip. And all of the pestering and hand-holding you're demanding only further taxes Geomans thin time/resources. Geoman have you gotten my form? Geoman have you read my form? Geoman have you processed my form? Have you shipped my light? What did you have for breakfast this morning? Do you like the color blue? What time do you usually go to bed? Who do you think will win the playoffs...? Jesus. You all remind me of my ex-girlfriend. Time spent answering your every little question is time not spent getting you your light. Be patient.
    Remember when you were a kid and ordered stuff out of the back of magazines (boy scouts)? Four to Six weeks delivery, after they received your letter. Call it two months. Don't get your panties in a bunch.
    I couldn't agree more with this sentiment. I don't have mine yet, but am waiting patiently (I'd rather be chill about waiting than getting all bent out of shape about Geoman doing his best). Yep, it's hot, and the lights would allow me to escape that heat...but I'm dealing with it and riding in the heat anyway because I'd rather ride. And for the record, it's been 100+ on a number of my rides lately.

  22. #72
    Spoke Breaker!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    276
    I just finally sent off my form yesterday... But I noticed on GeoMan's website that he had "Demo" magicshines with his new batteries on sell. So I went ahead and ordered a set... So that is 2 Magicshines, 2 Batteries (geoman's new batteries), 2 chargers, 2 helmet mounts (I think) and free shipping (all for really cheap).

    I am looking forward to get my batteries back and looking forward to my new (well almost new) lightsets!

    Thanks GEOMAN!
    Fat-n00b

    KHS sixfifty606
    Felt F90

    Current Condition:
    6' 2" @ 288 lbs.

  23. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rakuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    721

    GEOMAN 6.0 Batterys

    Ya last week He added his 6.0 Batteries I'm surprised He made no announcement... Must be too busy answering all the where are my battery emails
    I picked up a bunch of them,, 4.1/4 hrs on high for my bikeraylll same for the MS900 lightheads.
    3 1/4 hrs for a battery sucking MS1400 on high.
    Geomangear has gone above and beyond what any other company would in their shoes and has earned our support $$ to get them back on their feet.
    Last edited by Rakuman; 06-01-2011 at 01:25 PM.
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking


  24. #74
    Spoke Breaker!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakuman View Post
    Geomangear has gone above and beyond what any other company would in their shoes and has earned our support $$ to get them back on their feet.
    My thoughts exactly! People are complaining about a "delay" in recall process, but remember he is not really running this process it is up to some paper pushing lawyers and bureaucrats.

    Most shops his size would have either ignored the problem and let your house burn and then declared bankruptcy and left town. Instead you are getting a better product with continued support… That is someone I want to do business with hence why I ordered yet another set of lights.

    By the time I get my batteries back I will have 4 Magicshines with good batteries all for less than some are paying for a single lightset. Granted I will split that up with my Bro so that we both have 2 lightsets and 1 Flashlight for the bikes... Plenty of light for our night rides!
    Fat-n00b

    KHS sixfifty606
    Felt F90

    Current Condition:
    6' 2" @ 288 lbs.

  25. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,621
    Quote Originally Posted by FatNoob View Post
    ...Most shops his size would have either ignored the problem and let your house burn and then declared bankruptcy and left town...
    In fact, ALL other suppliers and the manufacturer have ignored the problem.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •