Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 621
  1. #26
    Candlestick Maker
    Reputation: baker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,053
    Quote Originally Posted by GEOMAN
    No worries, many folks probably had the same first issue, eg started a claim at home and then realized they couldn't print it, so then they redid the claim at work where they had a working printer. Unfortunately for us this generated duplicate claims, about 600 so far, we are cross-checking as we proceed but it has definitely complicated things. Thanks for persisting with your claim, we are working on processing as many as we can.
    I totally did this (kids used up all my printer ink, unbeknownst to me). Sorry to have increased your workload!

    I have batteries from DX that I can use until my Geoman replacements arrive, so no huge rush for mine.

    Thanks for taking care of your customers!
    baker

  2. #27
    GeoMan
    Reputation: GEOMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,707
    Thanks for the support, we completely understand these extra claims were accidental and we'll keep working on processing claims and shipping out replacements.

    Quote Originally Posted by baker
    I totally did this (kids used up all my printer ink, unbeknownst to me). Sorry to have increased your workload!

    I have batteries from DX that I can use until my Geoman replacements arrive, so no huge rush for mine.

    Thanks for taking care of your customers!
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

  3. #28
    Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
    Reputation: cycljunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,805
    Is there a way to check status on my claim? I sent in my battery a month ago. Thanks in advance...
    Can you hear me now?

  4. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    376
    I just received my replacement lights today. Far better quality and mounting system IMO.

    I sent my info and recycled my batteries within 2 days of receiving the recall letter.

    I now have my replacement batteries 1 month after everything was sent in.

  5. #30
    GeoMan
    Reputation: GEOMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,707
    Hi guys

    For the moment the file we receive from the Recall Admin folks doesn't include status login as it was designed to be as streamlined as possible, this is not like our integrated ordering system. Many claims are in the process at the Recall Admin Firm, we have received over 5,000 claims in the first month. We are receiving 1000 emails per week so we are dividing ourselves between responses, the recall process and new sales. The batteries are arriving in 2 days in most cases when we ship them with Priority Mail, all we request is a little patience so we can concentrate on the large task at hand.



    Quote Originally Posted by cycljunkie
    Is there a way to check status on my claim? I sent in my battery a month ago. Thanks in advance...
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

  6. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    134
    mailed my batteries in 4/19 and still waiting. i am encouraged that some have received their replacements.

  7. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bpnic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,185
    I've bought two magicshine lights in the past two years from Geoman, do I need to do anything to be included in the recall process? I have yet to see any paperwork or any emails from geoman. I assumed I would just get two new batteries in the mail.....

    I have been following his recall timeline on his website here and there, but I'm guilty of not checking the recall details daily or weekly.
    I'd hit it, but I bruise like a peach.

  8. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rakuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    721
    You might have received the recall letter and threw it away It kind of looked like junkmail.
    I know If I was not looking for it everyday my wife would have thrown it away.
    Send Geoman a email via his site he will take care of you just don't expect them to get back to you overnight they sound swamped right now.
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking


  9. #34
    It ain't easy being Green
    Reputation: sdcadbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    900
    It's here! It's here!
    Nice looking package, hard plastic case very similar to NR. It's on the charger now and just in time, I have night race coming up!

    Thanks Geo!

  10. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bpnic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakuman
    You might have received the recall letter and threw it away It kind of looked like junkmail.
    I know If I was not looking for it everyday my wife would have thrown it away.
    Send Geoman a email via his site he will take care of you just don't expect them to get back to you overnight they sound swamped right now.

    Thanks rak!

    The wife said she never saw anything like that come through the mail.

    I'll ping Geoman and see whats up.

    I ordered lights from him in October 2009, and then again in March 2010.
    I'd hit it, but I bruise like a peach.

  11. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation: drmayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    147
    Got my replacement battery today.

  12. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,113
    Quote Originally Posted by bpnic
    I've bought two magicshine lights in the past two years from Geoman, do I need to do anything to be included in the recall process? I have yet to see any paperwork or any emails from geoman. I assumed I would just get two new batteries in the mail.....

    I have been following his recall timeline on his website here and there, but I'm guilty of not checking the recall details daily or weekly.
    You need to "prove" you've gotten rid of the old batteries. Either by sending the old ones in, or taking them to a local recycler who will then sign a form that I believe GM will send you if you contact him.

  13. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by bpnic
    I've bought two magicshine lights in the past two years from Geoman, do I need to do anything to be included in the recall process? I have yet to see any paperwork or any emails from geoman. I assumed I would just get two new batteries in the mail.....

    I have been following his recall timeline on his website here and there, but I'm guilty of not checking the recall details daily or weekly.

    Where were your original lights posted too, were they sent to a previous employment place, and you have changed jobs, this is one possiblity. Luckily my ex employer is happy to send stuff on to me.

  14. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bpnic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by PhxChem
    You need to "prove" you've gotten rid of the old batteries. Either by sending the old ones in, or taking them to a local recycler who will then sign a form that I believe GM will send you if you contact him.

    I bought them both from Geoman and had them shipped to the front door of the house I currently live in.

    I've never had any paperwork sent here giving me instructions to send anything in or I would have done so promptly.

    I'll email him (Geo) now with my order confirmation numbers to hopefully get this ball rolling.

    p.s.- We pay for and have a recycling program at my work. ie, all types of batteries, all types of light bulbs and light ballasts, and of course, paper, plastics, metals, ect. ( I still have my old MS batteries and will be happy to send them off where ever Geo wants.)


    **Edit: Email sent to Geo with all info. thanks for the help guys-
    Last edited by bpnic; 05-19-2011 at 03:46 PM.
    I'd hit it, but I bruise like a peach.

  15. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    31
    I also received my replacements. I shipped mine 4/19 and they received 4/21. So it took slightly less then 1 month. In the mean time I had ordered another complete light kit to get me by. Now I have 3 sets of lights and 3 Batteries... that should last me a while now!

    Geoman has ALWAYS taken care of me. A friend of mine had an issue with a charger and he took care of him... Geoman is awesome.

  16. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    239
    I recycled mine locally and sent in my paper (signed by an approved recycler) within a couple days of receiving it. I haven't gotten the replacement yet...

    Edit 5/23/11: It came over the weekend. Haven't used it yet, but it looks great! Nice work Geo!
    Last edited by J_Hopper; 05-23-2011 at 09:20 AM.

  17. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    466
    sorry about the duplicate claims. i was hoping for a downloadable word or acrobat claim form. that i could print off at work

  18. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4
    still waiting, I sent mine in the day I received it (after dropping off the batteries to be recycled). Sometime in april. Not a biggie, I picked up a L&M seca 1400 to "hold me". Probably won't go back.


    EDIT: And of course they showed up in the mail today. I just put them up for sale on 2 other forums I'm on. They just don't compare to my seca1400.
    Last edited by mdeth1313; 05-21-2011 at 09:16 AM.

  19. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by mdeth1313
    still waiting, I sent mine in the day I received it (after dropping off the batteries to be recycled). Sometime in april. Not a biggie, I picked up a L&M seca 1400 to "hold me". Probably won't go back.
    EDIT: And of course they showed up in the mail today. I just put them up for sale on 2 other forums I'm on. They just don't compare to my seca1400.



    The Magicshine shouldnt compare in anyway to a light that costs $600.00! The Magicshine is marketed toward guys who want a CHEAP but BRIGHT light. Many of us just can not afford to spend the money you did on a light. Heck, I paid less for my USED 2006 Specialized Stumpjumper then you paid for you seca1400! So yeah... your light should blow the doors off the Magicshine. (about the difference between a Hyundai and a nice Porsche)

  20. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,210
    Got mine in the mail today. It arrived a bit sooner than I expected. Granted the recall was a slight inconvenience but stuff breaks and sh*t happens. I thought GeoMan handled the recall exceptionally well -- thanks!

  21. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by MOMtbiker
    The Magicshine shouldnt compare in anyway to a light that costs $600.00! The Magicshine is marketed toward guys who want a CHEAP but BRIGHT light. Many of us just can not afford to spend the money you did on a light. Heck, I paid less for my USED 2006 Specialized Stumpjumper then you paid for you seca1400! So yeah... your light should blow the doors off the Magicshine. (about the difference between a Hyundai and a nice Porsche)

    well, sorry you took offense- the reality is the magicshine lights weren't cutting it, and this is for my commute to work (road). I have a 40-50mph descent on a pretty crappy road and it's rural, lots of critters so I needed something with a lot more power and a wider beam.
    Once the battery thing happened, it pretty much gave me the excuse to upgrade (although I spend about $500, not $600) and it was well worth it.

    FWIW, the magicshines sold in about 3 hours.

  22. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,671
    Quote Originally Posted by mdeth1313
    ..... the reality is the magicshine lights weren't cutting it, and this is for my commute to work (road). I have a 40-50mph descent on a pretty crappy road and it's rural, lots of critters so I needed something with a lot more power and a wider beam.
    Once the battery thing happened, it pretty much gave me the excuse to upgrade (although I spend about $500, not $600) and it was well worth it.

    FWIW, the magicshines sold in about 3 hours.
    I'm always glad to hear when someone finds something they like better. Still, to me it sounds like you could of benefited from just having a helmet light with some decent throw for that fast descent. When at speed ( especially when curves are involved ) a good throwing helmet light becomes a priority.

    I would of suggested just adding a nice XM-L C8 torch on the bars for boost duties but with road bikes people tend to not have too much room on the bars. Besides, the throw of a bar system can still be limited when going around curves. Because of that a MS XM-L light on the helmet could of perhaps been the simpler solution. Can't hurt to have a little more light on the bars though.

  23. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,826
    bump
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

  24. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    31
    I am one of the guys who can NOT complain. I had no issues with any of my batteries, but they were OLD. I bought a couple of lights when they first came out... probably within the first 2-3 weeks and I used the crap out of them (150-175 charges and discharges). They were losing some burn time, but I was still very pleased with what I was getting out of them. I sent mine in as soon as I received the recall notice. Having fresh batteries now as a "freebie" was a bonus for me. I did buy a new complete lightset with a new Geoman battery while I waited for the recalled ones to come in so now I have a couple of back ups, but over all I am very happy with the newly designed batteries.

    NOTE- the battery "fuel gauge" indicator on all my lights seem to change colors faster then my old batteries... BUT I tested them and ran them until they would blink red just to get a better idea of total burn time. They DO last way longer then the indicator might tell you. I think when it turned red it burned almost an hour! All the lights/batteries burned way more then the originals did when they were new. NO COMPLAINTS HERE!

    I've said it before and I'll say it again. For the money nothing compares.

  25. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    193
    I sent my form back on April 21. It's been there for at least a month. What's the dealio Geoman? Is there anyway I can see if my letter was even received. Is the firm literally calling each recycle facility to verfiy?
    ______________________________

    "If it ain't moto, it's worthless"

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •