Handlebar mounts using rubber rings
I see a lot of lights being advertised that mount on the handlebar using rubber rings. Here's an example of such mounts snatched for this eBay auction.
They don't look like they might stay put under typical mountain biking trail conditions. There's a few things that just don't look right about them and some questions come up:
- Do they move up and down every time you jump or ride over rocks?
- Do they even rotate left-right and stay aligned?
- How to they hold with dirt and water to the handlebar?
- How long does a rubber ring last before drying out?
- I wanted a different color, do I have a choice as long as it's black?