mtbr member

Got my BikeRay III yesterday

After night riding for years with an old Trail Rat 2.0 and then the addition of a MiNewt 150 last fall I decided to finally get something with a lot more power. I am doing Pats Peak 24hr as a relay, and also just like riding at night, but did not want to spend a big chunk of change. The BikeRay II and Magicshine are the price leaders for lumen output and it came down to these two lights. I chose the BR III because from what I have read it just seems a little better built and a wider, as well as more lumens, beam. This will be run on my bars with the MiNew more than likely going on my head to see around the corners. No ride on it yet, but turning it on in dark house made my wife see dots for quite some time afterwards. I should get it out on at least a road ride, because the trails in NH are not even close to being ready yet, over the next few weeks.

Bear
    My impression so far is that the build quality looks really good. The light output is awesome. Run times are exceptional.

If I have a gripe it's that the beam pattern is a little wide. I do not want to run a magicshine in addition to the Bike Ray III but would much much much rather see a tigher throwing optic made available for the Bike Ray III....to simply unscrew the bezel and swap in a 12 degree optic would be awesome.
    www.madcitydirt.org - All things dirt in Madison, WI
    [