Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Because who doesn't like options right?
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-093f374b-59d1-4b85-8b78-fa963db1d51f_zpsuu2vpxcq.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Ok so after driving around for 20 mins I finally found a building with a dark enough wall to take some beam shots. I took shots of all 4 light level setting(10%, 20%, 60% & 100%) for each of the 6 lens options as well a the standard clear lens with triple spot optics for reference. I mounted the light to my truck so I could swap lenses without moving its angle. My camera was placed on top of my truck so it also never moved since I used an app on my phone to control it remotely.

Ok so I name the lenses so you guys can connect the pics to a lens.

From the top to bottom
    Double Wide
    Single Wide
    Triple Center Wide
    Double Center Wide
    Between Wide
    Edges Wide
    Stock Spot(not pictured)
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-a91502ca-8af9-4290-9d4e-835debdc37d0_zps1qakxmbk.jpg

Spot 10%
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-spot1_zps3ab9e7b9.jpg
    Spot 20%
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-spot2_zps8ac3ea02.jpg
    Spot 60%
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-spot3_zps214f2ae3.jpg
    Spot 100%
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-spot4_zps01cb4a33.jpg

Double Wide 10%
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-doublewide1_zps99e07ddc.jpg
    Double Wide 20%
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-doublewide2_zpsb1022aa3.jpg
    Double Wide 60%
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-doublewide3_zps24e2b69a.jpg
    Double Wide 100%
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-doublewide4_zpsb051e6db.jpg

Single Wide 10%
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DoubleWide4_zpsb051e6db.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	940391
    Single Wide 20%
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-singlewide2_zps018c6a92.jpg
    Single Wide 60%
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-singlewide3_zps12c1af8a.jpg
    Single Wide 100%
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-singlewide4_zpsfa370f68.jpg

Triple Center Wide 10%
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-triplecenterwide1_zps0150bcc9.jpg
    Triple Center Wide 20%
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-triplecenterwide2_zpsbb50c0f7.jpg
    Triple Center Wide 60%
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-triplecenterwide3_zps49df13de.jpg
    Triple Center Wide 100%
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-triplecenterwide4_zps30048b56.jpg

Double Center Wide 10%
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-doublecenterwide1_zpsbaa8cb91.jpg
    Double Center Wide 20%
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-doublecenterwide2_zps8e04ed00.jpg
    Double Center Wide 60%
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-doublecenterwide3_zpsdf64a237.jpg
    Double Center Wide 100%
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-doublecenterwide4_zps0eeca4b5.jpg

Between Wide 10%
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-inbetweenwide1_zps878cbf5e.jpg
    Between Wide 20%
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-inbetweenwide2_zpsf4447048.jpg
    Between Wide 60%
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-inbetweenwide3_zps28a65d9f.jpg
    Between Wide 100%
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-inbetweenwide4_zpsed1afd7a.jpg

Edges wide 10%
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-edgeswide1_zps6bbc396b.jpg
    Edges wide 20%
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-edgeswide2_zps4b8b8ab0.jpg
    Edges wide 60%
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-edgeswide3_zps37f7143a.jpg
    Edges wide 100%
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-edgeswide4_zps4854d417.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    My vote is going to the double wide and now I'm considering making a Full Triple Wide version. In these next two Photos I've outlined the left edge of the spot and the second ring(your useful flood area). The first photo is the stock lens and the second photo is the Double Wide lens. Notice the red line for the spot moves out a bit but you gain even more with the second ring area. You seem to lose just a hair on top but that doesn't really matter.
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-spot4mod_zps4ec55d88.jpg
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-doublewide4mod_zps4f430d33.jpg

Here's a photo with me(5'10") with the Double Wide shot for size of spot reference.
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-doublewidewithme_zps745528b9.jpg

mtbr member
    Did you use the same camera settings for all shots?

Would like to see some sphere results... but more importantly, that double, and maybe a triple wide lens are abviously going to get some of the light out of opposing traffic's eyes and place in an an area that is useful for road riding. I definately would like a double and/or triple wide like this that actually widens the beam to the point of being a benefit.
    I will suffer no butt-hurt fools!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingtaco View Post
    Did you use the same camera settings for all shots?

Would like to see some sphere results... but more importantly, that double, and maybe a triple wide lens are abviously going to get some of the light out of opposing traffic's eyes and place in an an area that is useful for road riding. I definately would like a double and/or triple wide like this that actually widens the beam to the point of being a benefit.
    Yes same camera settings for every shot. I'll see about cutting a triple today then retaking the spot, double and triple shots again.

Slovakia (Europe)
    After detail comparison I think DoubleWide and TripleCenterWide are very close, maybe even TripleCenterWide beam is a hair better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gloworm XS are you getting one?-xs-doublewide-vs.-triplecenterwide-comparison.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    After detail comparison I think DoubleWide and TripleCenterWide are very close, maybe even TripleCenterWide beam is a hair better.
    I saw that this morning when I was glancing through the pics. I'll be curious to see how they rate on Jim's graph. It will be cool to see all 8 lenses color coded on the same graph.

mtbr member
    @Rojo, I have to say being able to custom manufacture your own flood lenses is just the coolest thing. Not a person on the forum can say they are not a bit envious. I wish I could get something like these for the Chinese reflector lamps using multiple emitters ( with the SSX3 and XT40 in mind ). Two flood lenses on the XT40 ( out of four ) would make it a much more effective ( cheap ) bar lamp.

Maybe we'll get lucky and the Chinese will see your post and start selling something similar.

On a side note I think you got the series with the single wide's labeled wrong. I figure the 10% one is actually the 100% one ( and so forth ). Not hard to figure out.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Double post

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    @Rojo, I have to say being able to custom manufacture your own flood lenses is just the coolest thing. Not a person on the forum can say they are not a bit envious. I wish I could get something like these for the Chinese reflector lamps using multiple emitters ( with the SSX3 and XT40 in mind ). Two flood lenses on the XT40 ( out of four ) would make it a much more effective ( cheap ) bar lamp.

Maybe we'll get lucky and the Chinese will see your post and start selling something similar.

On a side note I think you got the series with the single wide's labeled wrong. I figure the 10% one is actually the 100% one ( and so forth ). Not hard to figure out.
    Yeah if you click on the picture you can see the label in its file name so I'll go back and fix it later when I'm on the PC.

Your right about making my own mods to things I own. I have very sporadic moments of motivation and I just run with when I happen upon them, the rest of the time I'm just a procrastinating lazy bastard. Over the years I've made the entire Ninja 250 motorcycle forum envious with my constant mods to my streetbike. I'd say only about 10% of the things I make are made avalible to others when I'm done because its ether to big a PITA to repeat or simply cost so much they could never justify paying me. Make mod to use ZX-10 mirrors on the ninja 250 for example would cost in the neighborhood of $400 which is crazy when you consider the bike it only worth $3500.

If you have a simple lens you want made then give me some dimensions and I'll see what what I can do in my spare time. If its a simple circle then no problem but if its like the gloworm then that'll require some actual thinking and we'll have hope I'm in one of those motivational streaks. I'm not a machinist nor a qualified engineer, what I am is someone who payed way to many video games when he was a kid and is extreamly analytical. One day at work I was placed in front of a CNC mill and asked to figure it out so I did and in my spare time I've been making little nik nacks ever since.

The number of riders that ask me if I'd make them a bike rack is amazing.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Rojo...that is incredible, and thanks for sharing! The difference in the double wide is amazing. Your comparison where you show the stock lens and the double wide below it is unreal. I would feel MUCH better about riding anything after dark with that versus the small "tunnel" look of the stock lens. Unless it dramatically affects the throw, that's a homerun in terms of improvement. I would forego a lot of throw for that wide of an angle, simply because I won't be ripping it up too much after dark anyway. (Although I know guys who swear they don't slow down a single mph when they night ride).

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by NWAtrailyguy View Post
    Rojo...that is incredible, and thanks for sharing! The difference in the double wide is amazing. Your comparison where you show the stock lens and the double wide below it is unreal. I would feel MUCH better about riding anything after dark with that versus the small "tunnel" look of the stock lens. Unless it dramatically affects the throw, that's a homerun in terms of improvement. I would forego a lot of throw for that wide of an angle, simply because I won't be ripping it up too much after dark anyway. (Although I know guys who swear they don't slow down a single mph when they night ride).
    I can't even begin to touch any of my night strava times when riding during the day unless the trail is very smooth. With I good wide and powerful handlebar light it throws so many shadows behind the rocks that the one and only smooth line you can't seem to locate during the day become like this bright yellow brick road at night. We do most of our local rides at night because it's the only safe time to poach since literally the rule states "any trail less then 8' wide is off limits to bicycles".

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    So, I did read that right? You go faster at night? That is amazing. I'm actually going on my first night ride tonight with a group of guys. I'm sure my cheapo that I got just to try it out will be laughed at, but I don't care.

I will admit...after seeing that double wide lens on your Gloworm XS, it's going to make looking at other lights like a downgrade if/when I decide to get something better than my "toy light" from China. I hope they somehow end up being available for purchase...that difference is startling.

mtbr member

More comments about the Rojo lens

I'm glad you included the photo with you standing in the background because that helps give the scale of the photos ( which was missing when looking at the stock photos ) When put into proper perspective the stock beam pattern is actually quite wide once you consider the width of most single track. ( Not to mention being bright as all get-out )

I agree that the double wide set-up looks very nice. The thing is; this is a wall shot. As such this isn't necessarily what you are going to see when on a trail. My gut feeling is that on a trail you are really going to notice ( and feel ) the loss of throw. Sure, nice to have more spread but when traveling at speed there are going to be moments when you will miss the throw. My bet is that once you start trail testing these that you will gravitate more toward the single flood. In the photos the extended spread of the single flood is about the same as the double only the double uses up a bit more of the center throw.

Once again if it were me I would lay my money down on the single flood but then again I don't own the XS and likely if I did I would be happy using one or two of the stock flood optics anyway. I say that only because I'm already happy with the X2 ( one flood-one spot ) on the bars. Still I really do like the option to run a wider beam. The XS has the power to extend the beam pattern and ( as it has already been said ), "It is one bad-ass light". I hope it lives up to your ( and everyone else's ) expectations.

Thanks again for providing those beam shots. The stock center area of the XS looks extremely bright using those stock spot optics. No doubt in my mind it could make an awesome helmet lamp.

It would be nice if the GW people could come up with something for extending the beam pattern. Maybe offer the users a choice of an optional drop-in elliptical optic. I've seen some of the DIY'ers use elliptical optics on some of their builds with interesting results. Regardless, the Rojo lens' Rock.

mtbr member
    I'm glad you included the photo with you standing in the background because that helps give the scale of the photos ( which was missing when looking at the stock photos ) When put into proper perspective the stock beam pattern is actually quite wide once you consider the width of most single track. ( Not to mention being bright as all get-out )

I agree that the double wide set-up looks very nice. The thing is; this is a wall shot. As such this isn't necessarily what you are going to see when on a trail. My gut feeling is that on a trail you are really going to notice ( and feel ) the loss of throw. Sure, nice to have more spread but when traveling at speed there are going to be moments when you will miss the throw. My bet is that once you start trail testing these that you will gravitate more toward the single flood. In the photos the extended spread of the single flood is about the same as the double only the double uses up a bit more of the center throw.

Once again if it were me I would lay my money down on the single flood but then again I don't own the XS and likely if I did I would be happy using one or two of the stock flood optics anyway. I say that only because I'm already happy with the X2 ( one flood-one spot ) on the bars. Still I really do like the option to run a wider beam. The XS has the power to extend the beam pattern and ( as it has already been said ), "It is one bad-ass light". I hope it lives up to your ( and everyone else's ) expectations.

Thanks again for providing those beam shots. The stock center area of the XS looks extremely bright using those stock spot optics. No doubt in my mind it could make an awesome helmet lamp.

It would be nice if the GW people could come up with something for extending the beam pattern. Maybe offer the users a choice of an optional drop-in elliptical optic. I've seen some of the DIY'ers use elliptical optics on some of their builds with interesting results. Regardless, the Rojo lens' Rock.
    Hey Cat,
    I wanted to add my voice to your request to "GW" for a drop in elliptical optic. Didn't they offer this option on the first version of X2? Does the flood optic actually widen the beam in your X2V3? I ask because the flood optic (shared with XS) in my X2V3.1 seems totally in-effective to me.
    Mole

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMOLE View Post
    Hey Cat,
    I wanted to add my voice to your request to "GW" for a drop in elliptical optic. Didn't they offer this option on the first version of X2? Does the flood optic actually widen the beam in your X2V3? I ask because the flood optic (shared with XS) in my X2V3.1 seems totally in-effective to me.
    Mole
    I think the current version of GW flood optic is only designed to create a minute amount of additional spill. Depending on your point of view this is either a good or a bad thing. I think a lot of people who want additional flood are looking for a more dramatic change in the beam pattern. There are optics that will do this but you have to remember that if you add light somewhere else that light has to be taken from another part of the beam pattern. With proper ( wider ) flood optics a large portion of the throw is going to be missing from the beam pattern which is going to be quite noticeable especially on the lower light levels. Once again this is either going to be acceptable or not acceptable depending on your POV.

Personally I'm satisfied with the beam pattern of the GW lamps using just the standard optics ( on the X2 ). The additional output of the XS has the potential to provide more of a flood pattern to those who might want that ( and still maintain decent useable throw ). Like I said before though, spread the beam out too much and you lose some of the useability of the lower mode levels. Finding the right mix is the nut that you need to crack.

Another factor to consider in deciding what bar beam pattern is wanted is , "What kind of beam pattern is your helmet lamp providing"? If you are using a helmet lamp with a wider beam pattern than the bar flood issue is ( or might not ) be as important.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

I agree that the wall shots are useless to judge how much loss of throw there will be. I just wanted to get an idea of the overall beam shape change with each lens. I'm they ing to think of a trail I can get my truck close enough to to lug in a tripod to get some actual trail shots. Go figure now that its time to trail test these things we've gotten the most rain in like 2 years this week so all my trails are un-rideable(sticky clay).

Today I made the triple flood lenses so basically grooves all the way across. As soon as the trails dry up enough to ride I'll be giving several of these a run. I may send out the lenses to Jim for testing as soon as today.

As for the large size of the spot with just the stock lens. Yes its large and for a wide fire road its perfect. These wider lenses are meant to push the light through the corners more so we don't have to rely on the helmet light as much. A lot of the trails I find fun have enough rocks and roots through the corners that if I can get the bar light to through the corner another 3-4' then I can go faster because I have more time to pick a good line.

I really like my preferred setup would be an XS in the center then two more lights mounted so they shine a little up and to the left and up and to the right. That way when your cornering you'll have a light aimed through the corner and have all the shadows and depth perception you could want. I money wasn't an issue I'd have three Betty R's on my bars and I look like a Baja truck coming down the Mt.

mtbr member
    I think the current version of GW flood optic is only designed to create a minute amount of additional spill. Depending on your point of view this is either a good or a bad thing. I think a lot of people who want additional flood are looking for a more dramatic change in the beam pattern. There are optics that will do this but you have to remember that if you add light somewhere else that light has to be taken from another part of the beam pattern. With proper ( wider ) flood optics a large portion of the throw is going to be missing from the beam pattern which is going to be quite noticeable especially on the lower light levels. Once again this is either going to be acceptable or not acceptable depending on your POV.

Personally I'm satisfied with the beam pattern of the GW lamps using just the standard optics ( on the X2 ). The additional output of the XS has the potential to provide more of a flood pattern to those who might want that ( and still maintain decent useable throw ). Like I said before though, spread the beam out too much and you lose some of the useability of the lower mode levels. Finding the right mix is the nut that you need to crack.

Another factor to consider in deciding what bar beam pattern is wanted is , "What kind of beam pattern is your helmet lamp providing"? If you are using a helmet lamp with a wider beam pattern than the bar flood issue is ( or might not ) be as important.
    Hey Cat - Thanks for the response. I understand that you are happy with the stock s/f optic set-up on your V3 version light but was looking for a little more descriptive opinion of how well your flood optic worked. Slight/noticeable/large difference in beam width over the spot optic or even "I was satisfied with the stock set-up and haven't switched optics" was more what I was looking for. I also understand the connection between widening beam width and dimming light intensity which is why I'm critical of the XS style flood optics. With no detectable increase in flood (IMO) and a approx. 16% (single optic) drop in lux readings on my meter I don't understand how anybody can justify running the stock flood optic on the X2V3.1/XS lights.
    Mole

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMOLE View Post
    Hey Cat - Thanks for the response. I understand that you are happy with the stock s/f optic set-up on your V3 version light but was looking for a little more descriptive opinion of how well your flood optic worked. Slight/noticeable/large difference in beam width over the spot optic or even "I was satisfied with the stock set-up and haven't switched optics" was more what I was looking for...
    I could be more descriptive but to do that I'd have to be in the field taking notes. Being more general from just memory I would say that the spot/flood optic used by gloworm creates an almost ( how should I describe this ? ), "straight even pattern corridor of light" . When you view a Gloworm beam pattern a couple ft. from a wall you see almost what looks like a "square box of light with a bright center spot". If you view this on an open field it translates over to the corridor of light I mentioned before. I do get light very close to the bike. Just from memory I know that I have no problem seeing anything 15 ft ahead of me as the ( useable ) spread is ( at least ) about 15ft wide at that distance as well. Of course the beam pattern fans out a bit but as I recall there is a point where there is almost a complete cut-off (off to the sides ). Still there is a very nice wide area that is well illuminated and and as anyone who owns one knows, the beam pattern carries for quite a distance, even when on the lower levels. I figure that since the XS is brighter and using an additional emitter the beam pattern is likely offering the same beam pattern only wider and brighter.

Since I'm using a brighter helmet lamp now I could probably accept a little less throw off the bars without any problems. That is why I like the idea of having an option for more flood coming off the bars. I wish I had Rojo's skill and expertise in making DIY flood lenses so I could test out different degrees of flood.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    After driving all over the east Bay Area and visiting half a dozen stores I now have a method to polish the lens to nearly clear. After some time on YouTube I'm starting to think the extra hardness of acrylic vs lexan would make it easier to get the finish I want so I may give that a shot next time. Anyways here's what the new polishing method has produced.

POS site won't let me post the picture proper
    http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/...psepyvatqp.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Here's a quick Iphone video(forgive the quality) of the new triple wide lens vs the stock triple spot. You can see a substantial loss right in the center but the overall spread is amazing. I can think of a few very technical and twisty area of riding that don't have much high speed wide open stuff that this lens would be great for. At the same time there probably more riding area where the loss of throw would be felt. Like some stated earlier I think the single wide and triple center wide are going to be the do all lenses. I can't wait till my trail dry up to start giving these a honest test.

pta
    mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I noticed that Crgmoto has written in this thread. I have to try contacting them this way because email communication seems not working with them. I'm a paying customer and I'd like to have even some service for the 500€ I paid.

I ordered my Xs+x2 combo from Crgmoto 2nd of nov. Got the automatic reply that said they will handle the order asap. That's the service so far.

I have now sent 4 enquiries to Crgmoto. Only answer I got after third email: I already replied you. I'll get back to you tomorrow. I replied that could he send it again, I haven't received any emails from them. That was three days ago.

Total radio silence again.

I have no clue has Crgmoto sent the package, is the company bankrupt or are they going to send the lamps in future.

This is the worst service I have ever gotten anywhere. If I could I would buy my Gloworm lamp somewhere else.

Normally I'm really patient fellow because I work in customer service business too. This pisses me off!!!!

Glowormlites UK
    Nov 2012
    Hi pta

Very sorry for your issues. We are waiting on a supply of 2015 lights to arrive. You should have received an email apologising for the delay.

Personal message and I can deal with your enquiry.

~ B A D A S S ~
    Has anyone tried the Beacon blinking mode??

I did and its awesome for commuting! I ran the xs on beacon and the olympia on medium steady.

Cars crossing my path stop where I can easily pass them, as opposed to how they usually behave.
    Cars coming towards me before tunnels only one car wide stops and lets me through first!
    People walking in the street in packs coming towards me while looking at their phones just disperse long before I get there.
    People walking away from me, walk to the side and give me room so I don't have to pass them on the grass/snow next to the lane.
    Cars coming towards me on the road (while I'm in the bike path) drive suspiciously slow, I think they slow down because they first think its a speed camera soon to make them poorer, but when they have already slowed down and see thats its actually a bike I'm long gone. I make traffic safer for the cars!
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Started my Mtb ride at 4am this morning so it was the first time I've gotten a chance to use any of the new lenses. I chose the double wide today since I really think it's going to be the one I like the most. I didn't get much tight rocky single track in the first part of the ride for sunrise so I didn't get to see how well it worked through the corners. What I did get in the first part of my ride was a lot of fast fire road which was good because the loss of throw should be felt the most on these types of open roads. Well I didn't ever feel like I couldn't see far enough up the trail on med and high was still like always overkill so I think people will be pleased with this double wide lens. I still plan to give a few more promising lenses a go before settling on a favorite.

I mailed out all 7 variations to Jim @ Action Leds on monday via snail mail so he should have them mid next week hopefully.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and get out there and burn off some of that turkey and pie

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by car bone View Post
    Has anyone tried the Beacon blinking mode??

I did and its awesome for commuting! I ran the xs on beacon and the olympia on medium steady.

Cars crossing my path stop where I can easily pass them, as opposed to how they usually behave.
    Cars coming towards me before tunnels only one car wide stops and lets me through first!
    People walking in the street in packs coming towards me while looking at their phones just disperse long before I get there.
    People walking away from me, walk to the side and give me room so I don't have to pass them on the grass/snow next to the lane.
    Cars coming towards me on the road (while I'm in the bike path) drive suspiciously slow, I think they slow down because they first think its a speed camera soon to make them poorer, but when they have already slowed down and see thats its actually a bike I'm long gone. I make traffic safer for the cars!
    Don't have the XS but I use the beacon mode on the X2 for special Daytime use in situations where I want to make sure I'm seen. Other wise I don't think I would ever use it at night because it's way too freakingly bright! For night use I use just a typical 5-led mini usb front ( white ) blinkie ( 80 lumen ) mounted on my fork with the X2 on my bars. If I have a special situation at night where I might need more "Attention getting power", I'll switch the helmet torch I use onto flash mode.

On a side note I've noticed lately ( while driving and working at night ) that I see more people using dual lights ( bars/helmet ) and brighter lights at that. Not to mention better/brighter rear lights. Always makes me smile when I see a cyclist riding at night with a good light set-up. Just the other night I passed a girl riding at night while on the job. She had a very good 2-lamp set-up and good rear light. When I came up to a traffic light she came beside my car and waved to ask me something. Turned out just she just wanted directions to the nearest Metro station. I was going to tell her that she had a nice set of headlights but thought if I did that it might be taken the wrong way.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by pta View Post

I have now sent 4 enquiries to Crgmoto. Only answer I got after third email: I already replied you. I'll get back to you tomorrow. I replied that could he send it again, I haven't received any emails from them. That was three days ago.

Total radio silence again.

I have no clue has Crgmoto sent the package, is the company bankrupt or are they going to send the lamps in future.

This is the worst service I have ever gotten anywhere. If I could I would buy my Gloworm lamp somewhere else.

Normally I'm really patient fellow because I work in customer service business too. This pisses me off!!!!
    I also getting the silence treatment, place an order in October for bar mount.

zeb
    mtbr member
    May 2006
    I noticed that Crgmoto has written in this thread.
    Sorry that i recommended you to buy GW despite of delivery problems that has been well known issue this season.
    There is another dealer in Europe that carries GW lights,however i do not know if this is any better:Gloworm lights ? Fooh

GW Great product?Yes but i wont tell anymore to get one if they are not ready to wait from 1 month to up to whatever delivery date.
    If anyone want their lights on short notice,i would go for Lupine.

BTW,Danny did send me my latest order using different courier so i got mine in 3 days after all hassles were sorted out.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Dinotte Lighting are made in USA and very high quality and they ship to other Countries.

banned
    Feb 2012
    Get TrailLed XXX and be happy.

Action LED Lights
    Same day shipping on all our GW orders worldwide.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Re: Gloworm XS are you getting one?

My frist light got lost in post after sending email to CRGMoto did send another light out next day delivery.

Just to add X2 Gloworm a great light did take me a bit of time to work out settings.

Different to printed manual.

Slovakia (Europe)
    Quote Originally Posted by Action LED Lights View Post
    PeterG,

Send me your address and I'll drop one in the mail to you.
    The stuff has arrived today, thanks Jim.

mtbr member
    No reason to go anywhere else. Action will take care of you!!!!
    "PLEASE LORD FORBID THEM FROM ENTERING, FORGIVE US FOR THEY SHALL NEVER LEAVE"

pta
    mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    No problem Zeb😊

A week ago I sent Crgmoto- Danny an email once again. Day later he responded that he will delivery my lamps tonight (Friday) and he will send me tracking code on Monday when he receives it from post office. I wasn't surprised that he didn't sent the tracking code he promised!!!
    Maybe the delivery is on its way, maybe not.

I have bought quite a few things in last ten years via internet. And everything has been fine since this. It has been 1 and half months from my order. I hope Danny has even used my 500euros for something useful.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013

I never purchased from Crgmoto but I sent them an email asking how soon they could ship if I ordered that day. I never got a response.

I contacted Jim at Action and my lights were delivered 2 days later.

Some decisions in life are hard. Where to purchase Gloworm products isn't one of them.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013

Oh and I didn't appreciate how small and light these things are into I saw them in person. Wow! Awesome.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by matto6 View Post
    I never purchased from Crgmoto but I sent them an email asking how soon they could ship if I ordered that day. I never got a response.

Some decisions in life are hard. Where to purchase Gloworm products isn't one of them.
    Couldn't have said it better.

Slovakia (Europe)
    Quote Originally Posted by zeb View Post
    There is another dealer in Europe that carries GW lights,however i do not know if this is any better:Gloworm lights ? Fooh
    Jaap at Fooh is OK, always replied to my mails quickly, I purchased my GWs there.

Jim at Action takes super care about GW customers, although outside the US, but please note, that purchasing more expensive items (above 22 EUR or USD equivalent) from US to EU means 20% VAT over the top of the sum of item price + shipment, plus tax over total depending on the country of origin, so sometimes 30% more expensive in total.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

I second that. Jim got me everything I needed. Free shipping 2 days to my door, he even called me on a Sunday to answer my questions. Top notch as far as I'm concerned!

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    No problem Zeb😊

A week ago I sent Crgmoto- Danny an email once again. Day later he responded that he will delivery my lamps tonight (Friday) and he will send me tracking code on Monday when he receives it from post office. I wasn't surprised that he didn't sent the tracking code he promised!!!
    Maybe the delivery is on its way, maybe not.

I have bought quite a few things in last ten years via internet. And everything has been fine since this. It has been 1 and half months from my order. I hope Danny has even used my 500euros for something useful.
    Hello pta,

I am very sorry for this experience. As far as I know Danny was out of stock. What we can confirm on manufacturing side is that a new batch has been dispatched to him last week and it has been received by Danny on Monday. Your lights should be on their way now. Please send me an e-mail at vaggelis@glowormlites.co.nz in case you don't receive before the weekend and I will try to help.

Cheers,
    Bruce and Vag
    Gloworm
    Gloworm Website

'...it's more fun with the lites on!'

pta
    mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloworm Manufacture View Post
    Hello pta,

I am very sorry for this experience. As far as I know Danny was out of stock. What we can confirm on manufacturing side is that a new batch has been dispatched to him last week and it has been received by Danny on Monday. Your lights should be on their way now. Please send me an e-mail at vaggelis@glowormlites.co.nz in case you don't receive before the weekend and I will try to help.

Cheers,
    Bruce and Vag
    Gloworm

Thanks!
    I would have been happy if I would get even some info of my order. At this point my hopes are not high. Other shops ask do you want your money back if there is delays on delivery. This guy doesn't even answer emails or doesn't keep his promises.

I'll contact you if the delivery doesn't come tomorrow.

pta

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloworm Manufacture View Post
    I just wanted to jump in here and clarify the topic at hand regarding the cable length.

When the cables were initially designed the lengths were chosen to allow use on a 750mm bar (this was a good average between the super wide and more narrow 700 or less bars).

Bar setups are a personal thing and placement of the switch is going to depend on your setup and preference. For some that run their shifter/brake hard up against the grip and more inboard setup makes sense, however those with room between grip and shifter often use this vacant space for placement.

After feedback late last year we increased the length of the cable to a point where it can be position just inboard of the grip (130mm grip) on a 780mm bar. I use 800mm bars on my AM bike and although I could place the switch beside the grip it's a wee bit of stretch, so mine sits hard up against the inboard side of my brake lever mount

We have also received some feedback asking why the cable could not be made and extra 5cm longer to cater for all bars and those with shorter bars can just wind the cable around the bar to suit. This is an option however then we are bound to get feedback saying the cable is too long etc etc.

So that brings me back to the design process and the fact we cannot make a solution that fits everyone perfectly (we do try!) - just most people. There will always be aspects of a product that someone does not like and these will differ from others' opinions.

As always we do consider all feedback and most changes we have implemented over the past 3 or so years have been as a direct result of your feedback.

Cheers

Bruce and Vag
    Gloworm
    How long is the new cable vs the old?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    New XS mounted underneath with Xeccon battery..Remote cable seems long enough on my bars.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gloworm XS are you getting one?-dsc_5731.jpg  

Gloworm XS are you getting one?-dsc_5730.jpg  

Gloworm XS are you getting one?-dsc_5735.jpg  

Uly
    mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I picked up an XS and paired it up with an X1 on the helmet. Both acquired from ActionLED. From reading on other threads, I was afraid the X1 would be washed out by the XS. Nope, that wasn't the case. They paired up quite nicely. I also used safety glasses with yellow lenses. The combination of lights and yellow lenses was unreal!!

As far as the remote wire, I have the light mounted just like in eggdog's pic above. I have Deity Dirty Thirtys and the wire makes it to just inside the derailleur mount. I have more space outboard in between the brake mount and the grips which it will not make it to. Because of this I have to slide my thumb over a bit more, almost lifting my hand off the bar, to toggle the remote. This makes it awkward to hold the button down to get into the special mode. Other than that, I'm loving these lights.

~ B A D A S S ~
    I think both the x1 and xera will be useable in combo with pretty much everything else. Remember these are pretty much superspots so they have very high intensity and not very good spread.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

pta
    mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I finally got my lamps. It took 51 days from order.

XS and X2 were really high quality products and I was already forgiving the oooover long delivery time. Then I tested the lamps outside. I went for a walk with my dog and found a good dark place for testing. There were -5 degrees Celsius and I carried the lamps in my jacket pocket. I turned them on and X2 was working fine but XS won't do anything. I changed the batteries, nothing. I went back home and tested inside, working again. I tested it few times. When XS get cold (not switched on) it wont turn on. And when I bring it back to warm place it starts working again.

Really annoying! After really lousy service of Crgmoto I thought I don't have to do business with them ever again. No I have to handle warranty issue with them.

Have anyone experienced subzero problems with Gloworm?

Slovakia (Europe)
    Not yet, but surelly I will test the lights when it starts to freeze, now we have quite warm winter, more rain and no snow.

Action LED Lights
    I finally got my lamps. It took 51 days from order.

XS and X2 were really high quality products and I was already forgiving the oooover long delivery time. Then I tested the lamps outside. I went for a walk with my dog and found a good dark place for testing. There were -5 degrees Celsius and I carried the lamps in my jacket pocket. I turned them on and X2 was working fine but XS won't do anything. I changed the batteries, nothing. I went back home and tested inside, working again. I tested it few times. When XS get cold (not switched on) it wont turn on. And when I bring it back to warm place it starts working again.

Really annoying! After really lousy service of Crgmoto I thought I don't have to do business with them ever again. No I have to handle warranty issue with them.

Have anyone experienced subzero problems with Gloworm?
    Did you charge your batteries before the test? They often arrive with little or no charge. If they were on the borderline being in the cold could drop the voltage below were the light would run.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

pta
    mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Yes both batteries were fully charged. It must be the lamp head where the problem is.

I continued testing today and same results. X2 working fine and XS does not.
    If I turn it on at warm garage and then go out it works. If I keep the lamp head outside for a 5 minutes (-5 Celsius) then attach the battery (kept in warm), it doesn't work. Then bring it back inside it starts working after few minutes.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast