Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    So I have the x2 on my helmet and the xs on my bars. The customer service from action led is as good as I have ever encountered,fast response to email, fix any little problem within reason.great information on website,etc. etc. As far as the gloworm lights go the light and mounting are great but that switch setup is the worst, the biggest problem I have with it is how long you have to hold your finger on button to get it to go completely off.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMSLICK View Post
    So I have the x2 on my helmet and the xs on my bars. The customer service from action led is as good as I have ever encountered,fast response to email, fix any little problem within reason.great information on website,etc. etc. As far as the gloworm lights go the light and mounting are great but that switch setup is the worst, the biggest problem I have with it is how long you have to hold your finger on button to get it to go completely off.
    How long do you have to hold it? 3 seconds? 5 seconds?

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by BmoreKen View Post
    How long do you have to hold it? 3 seconds? 5 seconds?
    It's 2 seconds to enter "Special Mode" - (Dim, Pulse, or Beacon) and 3 seconds to turn it off. If that's the biggest problem I'd say their doing pretty well. :-)
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

mtbr member
    I'd say! And you normally just have to turn it off ONCE! At the end of the ride.

I have an XS on the helmet and considering getting an X2 for the helmet and putting the XS on the bars. That's a fantastic setup.

mtbr member

1st night ride of the season

Gloworm XS/X2 Combo

Gloworm XS are you getting one?-img_9271.jpg
    Last edited by patski; 10-12-2016 at 05:13 PM.

mtbr member

2nd night ride of the season

Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Gloworm XS/X2 Combo
    Never went higher than "2" last night and twice someone commented, "Sheesh that light is awesome!"

Lit the way on the fugly descent.

Gloworm XS are you getting one?-img_9320.jpg

Gloworm XS are you getting one?-img_9323.jpg
    Last edited by patski; 10-12-2016 at 05:13 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbean View Post
    I'd say! And you normally just have to turn it off ONCE! At the end of the ride.

I have an XS on the helmet and considering getting an X2 for the helmet and putting the XS on the bars. That's a fantastic setup.
    An XS on the bars with EITHER an X1 or X2 on the helmet is a combo not to be skipped. You simply can't go wrong with their head units.

It takes all three of my units about 4 seconds to fully cycle off, two seconds to go into moonlight mode, two more to shut completely off. Can't say I can complain about that as I like to reduce light as I'm finishing a ride, but not shut off completely until I have vehicle or garage lights on. Otherwise, the light is overwhelming coming up on the car or garage door.

First world problems...
    I will suffer no butt-hurt fools!

mtbr member
    Aug 2016

Idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingtaco View Post
    An XS on the bars with EITHER an X1 or X2 on the helmet is a combo not to be skipped. You simply can't go wrong with their head units.
    This is what I am leaning towards, XS and X2. But...I am waiting it out to see their new wireless stuff. I emailed Gloworm and they replied:

"Thanks for your email. Yes that is correct. We are still working on the final design but hope to have it released by the end of the year along with the new wireless X2 and XS.

We are still further developing our existing range along with a new model so please keep an eye out on our Facebook for more updates!"

waiting

RAKC
    Xs makes a good helmet light too. I prefer my brighter light on the lid. Can see things further up the trail far more clearly instead of being drowned out by a high powered bar light.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I'm another that run the XS on the helmet and had an X2 on the bar but have since upgraded to dual XS

What i'm trying to figure out now is should I mess with swapping the optics out...

mtbr member
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroRC Ed View Post
    I'm another that run the XS on the helmet and had an X2 on the bar but have since upgraded to dual XS

What i'm trying to figure out now is should I mess with swapping the optics out...[/QUOTE]
    If your asking that question then the answer is probably yes. For a triple the beam patter of the XS is fairly narrow for bar usage IMO. Even with 3 wide-angle optics installed the throw is still pretty good and of course has a much wider beam. If that's what your looking for then go for it.
    Mole

mtbr member
    Wondering how the beam looks compared with the L&M Seca.

From the 2015 shootout

Gloworm XS (with stock optic, which I'm assuming is spot-spot-spot)
    Gloworm XS - Mtbr.com

Light & Motion Seca
    Light & Motion Seca 2000 Race - Mtbr.com

How close to the Seca pattern will running wide-spot-wide on the XS get me?

RAKC
    Not going to be close to the Seca, 2 completely different light designs. 3 up high is spots with 3 down low as floods. The wide angle optics simply turn the round spot into an elliptical one.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BmoreKen View Post
    Wondering how the beam looks compared with the L&M Seca.

From the 2015 shootout

Gloworm XS (with stock optic, which I'm assuming is spot-spot-spot)
    Gloworm XS - Mtbr.com

Light & Motion Seca
    Light & Motion Seca 2000 Race - Mtbr.com

How close to the Seca pattern will running wide-spot-wide on the XS get me?
    Sorry I don't own a seca so this will be a do the best I can post. I do own a Taz1500 which is shown 2 scrolls to the right in your Seca 2000 link. Set up my XS as you described and just took both lights out to my front yard. XS has a much wider beam, was considerably brighter and tons more throw. Hope that helps.
    Mole

mtbr member
    Gasp, my XS was caught in the daylight today!

Perfect trails after the Norcal rain.

Gloworm XS are you getting one?-lavw6bn.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Gloworm XS problems.... bought new at local shop last year. Worked a couple of times before the battery had issues. Sent to in for warranty work and it worked fine a couple more times after receiving back. Have used it twice this season with no issues.

Loaded the XS up to ride last night and dead in the water. Again. Thankfully my Niterider backup was ready to go.

I don't know if this is a switch issue, battery or otherwise. Any feedback is appreciated as it seems this $300 lite is nothing but a lemon. What is the warranty on these lights?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by mhopton View Post
    Gloworm XS problems.... bought new at local shop last year. Worked a couple of times before the battery had issues. Sent to in for warranty work and it worked fine a couple more times after receiving back. Have used it twice this season with no issues.

Loaded the XS up to ride last night and dead in the water. Again. Thankfully my Niterider backup was ready to go.

I don't know if this is a switch issue, battery or otherwise. Any feedback is appreciated as it seems this $300 lite is nothing but a lemon. What is the warranty on these lights?

mhopton,

Your Gloworm light has a 2 year warranty. Send it in to me and I'll go through it and make sure everything is working correctly. There have been a few design improvements in the past couple of years and I can upgrade your light to include these if needed.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Jim, nice to speak with you. I'll get my light on the way to you today. Thks Mike

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Action LED Lights View Post
    mhopton,

Your Gloworm light has a 2 year warranty. Send it in to me and I'll go through it and make sure everything is working correctly. There have been a few design improvements in the past couple of years and I can upgrade your light to include these if needed.
    Is there an easy way to check for these upgrades? I have 2 xs lights (from local bike shop in australia) and both have had problems with broken solder joints in the switch.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456