mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RojoRacing53 View Post
    Sorry I've been a lazy bastard.
    Lol.

mtbr member
    Night shot??????

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    just a quick shot from tonight from crappy gnex cellphone. Stock setup on helmet mount. Pitch black area. I'm happy with my choice
    Gloworm XS are you getting one?-1779237_261694060674776_1503037771_n.jpg

mtbr member
    Awesome ! Thanks Choeman.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloworm Manufacture View Post
    Hi Rojo

The cable lengths have now been addressed and although it won't affect you immediately, customers from end of January will see a significant difference. We are even changing the cable outer material to ensure flexibility.

Regarding waterproofing of the switch, the crack won't affect it, however you should claim a warranty on the unit and Jim will replace.

Good luck with the XS! It's our favourite so far!

Bruce
    Gloworm NZ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Do the lights come with these changes?

mtbr member
    Trigger pulled xs enroute! Couldn't resist.

mtbr member
    Waiting for your impressions!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    What type of connector does the Light Head uses. Is it compatible with other battery packs?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chumanji9 View Post
    What type of connector does the Light Head uses. Is it compatible with other battery packs?
    Yes,

Magicshine
    Gemini
    Gloworm
    Hunk Lee.
    I'm sure a few more.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pigmode View Post
    Waiting for your impressions!

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by chumanji9 View Post
    It uses the same connector as a Gemini, Magicshine, or many others. There is one down side to using other battery packs. Gloworm put the battery charge level indicator on the battery, not the light. If you use other packs you won't have anything thing telling you the charge state of the battery. However, the light itself will give you some warning when it gets starts to get low by pulsing the beam. It will then switching to low at the end of the charge.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

mtbr member
    Received the XS and WOW. This light is very well built. The mount is very impressive and the throw is awesome. I set it up using SSS. The programming takes a little getting use to but all in all a killer light. It appears to have at least twice the throw of my Olympia. I would HIGHLY recommend this light if anyone is looking for a new light or replacing an old one. Think it's time to get rid of the Gemini's

And another first class service from Jim at Action led

mtbr member
    G-Dog, any "turn on" problems or issues with remote wire length? I'm surprised to hear that the XS out throws the Olympia but to be fair if the Olympia's had the option for a tighter optic they would likely do just as well. I think Gemini decided to go with 19 optics when 15 would of probably been the better way to go. That is one of the advantages of the XS, you get to choose optics if you want a different beam pattern.

I've thought about ordering another spot optic for my X2 (v3) but truthfully I really don't think I need it as long as I continue with it on the bars. Right now the X2 (v3) gives me more than I need but Might be interesting to see a "spot-spot" X2 (v3) set up on the helmet. I guess I won't know unless I try it.

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    G-Dog, any "turn on" problems or issues with remote wire length? I'm surprised to hear that the XS out throws the Olympia but to be fair if the Olympia's had the option for a tighter optic they would likely do just as well. I think Gemini decided to go with 19 optics when 15 would of probably been the better way to go. That is one of the advantages of the XS, you get to choose optics if you want a different beam pattern.

I've thought about ordering another spot optic for my X2 (v3) but truthfully I really don't think I need it as long as I continue with it on the bars. Right now the X2 (v3) gives me more than I need but Might be interesting to see a "spot-spot" X2 (v3) set up on the helmet. I guess I won't know unless I try it.
    Cat,

You need to look at our new beam pattern test results

BEAM PATTERNS

You'll see that the XS has more than twice the peak beam intensity (throw) as the Olympia. But of course the Olympia has a wider beam.
    Also, the X2/XS "flood" optic does nothing more than waste part of the light. The Spot-Spot (or SSS) setup is better in every way. (Gloworm has a little work to do here)
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

mtbr member
    Cat, no issues yet. The wire could be a little longer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Action LED Lights View Post
    Cat,

You need to look at our new beam pattern test results

BEAM PATTERNS

You'll see that the XS has more than twice the peak beam intensity (throw) as the Olympia. But of course the Olympia has a wider beam.
    Also, the X2/XS "flood" optic does nothing more than waste part of the light. The Spot-Spot (or SSS) setup is better in every way. (Gloworm has a little work to do here)
    Goodness Gracious! Very impressive.

Lots of interesting stuff being sold on your website. Anyone who hasn't checked out the ActionLED website should. I see at least about $50 worth of stuff that I'd like to have in order to get me ready for the Spring season. Before I buy anything though I better go outside and check the mailbox to see who else wants my money.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    [[COLOR="#FF0000"]QUOTE=Cat-man-do;11050338]G-Dog, any "turn on" problems or issues with remote wire length?

I'm not sure if this will help solve your turn on problems but it's something that won't cost anything to try so here goes. When I got my X2V3.1 I plugged in a battery and went through all the modes with no problems and posted the results. Real world, mounted on the bike using the provided velcro pads instead of pressing the remote between two fingers the results were far less consistent. Another mtbr member had recommended using a bar mount from an old Magicshine lignthead to provide a flat surface to mount the remote = back to flawless operation. The only other thing I did was to use a little more aggressive double stick tape on the MS mount. The o-ring MS mount also made it easier switching the light from bike to bike and put the remote within thumb reach on both my sram and shimano equipped bikes.

(QUOTE) I'm surprised to hear that the XS out throws the Olympia but to be fair if the Olympia's had the option for a tighter optic they would likely do just as well. I think Gemini decided to go with 19 optics when 15 would of probably been the better way to go. That is one of the advantages of the XS, you get to choose optics if you want a different beam pattern.

I'm so glad you mentioned this and hope Gemini see's it. While for me it was no big deal with my Olympia since it was my primary bar light but I was really expecting they would provide a tighter optic for the duo. I'll never understand why Gemini provides spot/flood/reflector options for their least expensive light (Xera) and nothing for their more powerful models.
    Mole

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Jim sent me a new XS under Warr. for the remote switch button problem. Cracked and not turning the light off on long 2-3 hour rides in cold 20-25 degree nights. The new unit has been fine, no problems.

I still do not like the button feel, not pronounced enough and needs improvement. I think it should be able to plug and unplug to the back of head unit, with an additional button also on mounted on head unit that would serve as battery indicator. The Glowworm battery should have charging port for cell phone "Epic rides". Serfas TSL-T1000 has all this, it's really nice. I may get one.
    I light output on the XS is hard to beat, the handlebar mount is top notch, the size and weight the best out there !! Almost the perfect light, come on Gloworm !!

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by dgw7000 View Post
    The Glowworm battery should have charging port for cell phone "Epic rides". Serfas TSL-T1000 has all this, it's really nice. I may get one.
    I'll mention it here in case your not aware of it. The Magicshine MJ-6086 USB adapter allows you to use any battery with a Magicshine/Gloworm/Gemini type connector as a power bank. It has up to a 2 amp output which allows you to charge something as big as an I-Pad in the same time as a wall charger.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dgw7000 View Post
    Jim sent me a new XS under Warr. for the remote switch button problem. Cracked and not turning the light off on long 2-3 hour rides in cold 20-25 degree nights. The new unit has been fine, no problems.

I still do not like the button feel, not pronounced enough and needs improvement. I think it should be able to plug and unplug to the back of head unit, with an additional button also on mounted on head unit that would serve as battery indicator. The Glowworm battery should have charging port for cell phone "Epic rides". Serfas TSL-T1000 has all this, it's really nice. I may get one.
    I light output on the XS is hard to beat, the handlebar mount is top notch, the size and weight the best out there !! Almost the perfect light, come on Gloworm
    !!
    You have some good ideas. I like the idea of a "remote plug input port" on the head unit. That would give the user the option of choosing a longer or shorter remote wire ( if indeed one was offered ). The downside would be that a port could possible lead to water ingress which is probably why GW chose not to go that way.

A secondary button switch on the head unit would not really be as useful as you might think. Since the lamp uses a tilting mount, any touching of the lamp would likely move the aim of the beam WHICH would be a pita to say the least.

As for the voltage indicators; I own an older DIY lamp that had a remote switch with indicators built in. Would likely require a redesign of the driver to work though.

The option to have a USB output port would be nice but would make more sense to have that on the battery. BTW, ActionLED sells a USB adapter with MS plug to use with your MS compatible battery. Likely I'll be buying one of those myself. Used with a "Y" cable you can run your lamp AND charge your phone / USB device at the same time.

mtbr member
    Quick dirty shots. About 25 yards. 30%,70%, and 100%.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharddog03 View Post
    Quick dirty shots. About 25 yards. 30%,70%, and 100%.

GD, which optics are you running? SSS I assume?

I ordered my XS last Thursday and it was shipped within ONE HOUR! (Excellent service and thank you, Jim!)

I assume the standard setup is SFS? I will swap mine out to SSS once I receive it (I will check out the beam pattern with the standard setup if it's not SSS first though).

mtbr member
    Black bean,

Yes it comes with SFS installed. I am running mine with SSS.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharddog03 View Post
    Black bean,

Yes it comes with SFS installed. I am running mine with SSS.
    Great. Thx for the quick reply!

From the info Action-LED provided it sounds like the SSS would still provide enough spill for trail rides. I can't wait for the snow to melt in the NE to hit the trails. I've tried riding my trainer with my X2 but it doesn't really make the ride more interesting!

I am very happy with the X2 (v1) and excited to see how the XS looks compared to it. I'm ready to be blown away....

mtbr member
    I think you will be impressed. Gloworm developed an awesome light.
    I wish I had better equipment to take good photographs.

Jim is awesome !!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast