Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    220$ for lighthead.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Yes, 220.00 for lighthead is what I was told by Jim at ActionLed, I can't wait for some reviews and beam shots !!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Usually Action's description of the lighthead only option is "everything but the battery and charger" so I'm wondering if this includes the quick-release mount since my understanding is that it is part of the 2200 package.
    Mole

zeb
    mtbr member
    May 2006
    If you consider buying any GW light with batterypack. Think twice.
    My pack went like this after 30 times use.Red led did not go off at all.I contacted a month ago european distributor and they promised cover it with warranty.I still have not received replacement battery pack.

Glowormlites UK
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by zeb View Post
    My pack went like this after 30 times use.Red led did not go off at all.I contacted a month ago european distributor and they promised cover it with warranty.I still have not received replacement battery pack.
    Hi Seppo
    We replied to your email about this. A replacement was posted to Finland in October but we didn't know until you contacted us this week that you had not received it. Royal Mail are trying to locate the item and another will be sent if that one is not found.
    Cheers

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by zeb View Post
    Hey All

This issue has been rectified. When this issue was identified we made an immediate change to the battery setup. It is now working seamlessly as it should be.

We appreciate any feedback such as this as it ensures we can provide consumers with answers and solutions a dynamic manner.

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm NZ

mtbr member

Gloworm XS are you getting one?

^^^classy response. Way to take the high road. There's enough childish bickering on this site.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Just preordered my XS with ActionLedLights using the cyber Monday coupon code for a little extra savings.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloworm Manufacture View Post
    Hey All

This issue has been rectified. When this issue was identified we made an immediate change to the battery setup. It is now working seamlessly as it should be.

We appreciate any feedback such as this as it ensures we can provide consumers with answers and solutions a dynamic manner.

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm NZ
    You know I wasn't going to worry about it and honestly at this point it doesn't seem to be that big a problem since the battery is alway in my back pack but. I ordered my gloworm X2 v2 just over a month ago from actionledlights, like a week before the v3 came out. I used it a couple times and the battery gauge seem to work ok but honestly I didn't really pay much attention to it the first few rides. Then after charging it one day then unplugging it and setting on the work bench I noticed two days later the little 100% led was still lit green. Several more rides later and I haven't seen any of the battery gauge LEDs light up at all during use or charging.

The pack seem to charge and run the lights just fine for several hours but now that I'm getting the XS for the handlebars I'm thinking for the cost of these batteries it would be nice to look down at my battery and see if I should swap it or go another lap during my next solo 24hr.

Let me know what you guys think should I be looking to get it fixed or just say hell with it and keep going?

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by RojoRacing53 View Post
    You know I wasn't going to worry about it and honestly at this point it doesn't seem to be that big a problem since the battery is alway in my back pack but. I ordered my gloworm X2 v2 just over a month ago from actionledlights, like a week before the v3 came out. I used it a couple times and the battery gauge seem to work ok but honestly I didn't really pay much attention to it the first few rides. Then after charging it one day then unplugging it and setting on the work bench I noticed two days later the little 100% led was still lit green. Several more rides later and I haven't seen any of the battery gauge LEDs light up at all during use or charging.

The pack seem to charge and run the lights just fine for several hours but now that I'm getting the XS for the handlebars I'm thinking for the cost of these batteries it would be nice to look down at my battery and see if I should swap it or go another lap during my next solo 24hr.

Let me know what you guys think should I be looking to get it fixed or just say hell with it and keep going?
    RojoRacing53,

Just get ahold of me off line and we'll get a new one coming your way. You can continue using the one you have until it arrives. (Wouldn't want you to miss any rides.)
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

Action LED Lights

On the way!

The Gloworm XS's are finally on the way. They should arrive by next Monday, Friday if were lucky but considering the time of year probably not.
    I appreciate Gloworm taking the time to make sure everything is right but the wait has been tough.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    My wife ordered me a lighthead kit for Christmas, no "bat. or charger" for sale price this month 198.00.
    Not bad, and it comes with the really nice 40.00 dollar bar mount with the kit. I will use 40.00 dollar SolorStorm x3 about 1500 lumens on the helmet, should be a nice combo. Gemini 4 cell 5200mah battery for the x3 and Xeecon 6 cell 7800mah for the XS on bars. Total of 350.00 for setup. I will post when I get with some picts.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dgw7000 View Post
    My wife ordered me a lighthead kit for Christmas, no "bat. or charger" for sale price this month 198.00.
    Not bad, and it comes with the really nice 40.00 dollar bar mount with the kit. I will use 40.00 dollar SolorStorm x3 about 1500 lumens on the helmet, should be a nice combo. Gemini 4 cell 5200mah battery for the x3 and Xeecon 6 cell 7800mah for the XS on bars. Total of 350.00 for setup. I will post when I get with some picts.
    Nice setup for the money. I ride with a Gloworm X2 on my bars and tried a SolorStorm X2 on my helmet. The SSX2 was nice on the helmet as far as size and lightweight, but I found it just didn't offer much of a spot beam for throw. For turning and stuff it was definitely better than not having helmet light. I now use the Gloworm X1 on my helmet and it works great with the Gloworm X2 on the bar. It is small, lightweight and throws really well. Nice thing with the Gloworms is that you can buy just the lightheads and they work the most common connector type style batteries.

That Gloworm XS lighthead should be a killer light. What a nice Christmas gift - you must have a wonderful wife! I really like the Gloworm products and dealing with Action LED lights and Gloworm is nothing but top notch.

mtbr member
    Any comments on the solidity of the stock XS mount? Looks like the XS lighthead cantilevers quite far.

Glowormlites UK
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pigmode View Post
    Any comments on the solidity of the stock XS mount? Looks like the XS lighthead cantilevers quite far.
    The Gloworm QR mount is CNC'd from billet so tougher than it's petite looks might suggest plus the XS light head is only 110g so there is very little weight to deal with.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    The light weight of the XS head is one of the reason's I decided to get it, if I want to put on helmet I can. My Serfas True 1500 is I feel too heavy for the helmet, the color and quality of light beam with Serfas is the best I have so far. Very well designed and never over- heats. I have also Gemini Xera and Duo, SolorStrom x2 and x3. The Duo has some problems heat and Dims on long rides.
    This will be my first Gloworm product, I think the XS will be a great light. You get what you pay for. We'll see !!

Action LED Lights

The XS has arrived!!!

Our shipment of Gloworm XS's has just arrived and I quickly got one onto the beam test stand. This light blows away anything else we sell. I had to switch scales on the light meter to get a reading.

Gloworm XS are you getting one?-glowormxs.png

(Just noticed the SSS and SFS labels are reversed)
    If your comparing this graph to others be sure and note that we had to increase the Y-axis to 2400 lux to fit it in.
    The only down side is that, as discussed previously, the flood lenses need work. The only real effect they have is to waste part of the light. So the SSS configuration is the best IMO. The light comes with SFS installed but has an extra spot and flood optic in the kit.

I tried to get rid of this second graph but there's something I don't know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gloworm XS are you getting one?-glowormxs.jpg  

Last edited by Action LED Lights; 12-22-2013 at 06:57 PM.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Hey Jim, less testing more shipping

Thanks for the graph I really life the way you graphs lay it out and they have been super helpful in understanding a lot of what the lights you sell have to offer. Keep up the good work.

mtbr member
    Damn light is looking good. Might have to pull the trigger. The warden is not going to be happy

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I just pulled the trigger on the Gloworm XS and the newest X1 for my helmet. So far I am loving my X2 v3.1 and cannot wait to check out the new XS!

I am very pleased with Jim's customer service at Action-LED! I am a new customer but have already called him several times with questions and he always takes the time to answer. Jim has also been great with giving advice, quickly resolving problems, and getting parts or replacements out quickly. I know I can be a picky pain in the ass but because Jim seems to be able to deal with it, he'll continue to get my money but I think I'll give the poor guy a break and start emailing him. LOL

Thanks again Jim!
    Bobby

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    My XS just arrived and everything looks to be in order. First off the alum quick release bar mount is way beyond what I would have expect in it being super solid and very trim and clean looking. If you've been reluctant to spent the money on the gloworm quick release bar mount because it looks very narrow and you suspect the light head will bounce around a lot. Well your going to be very surprise and how strong this thing can clamp on. The user interface is rock solid with a quick single press for trail mode and a double tap for commuter mode.

I just flipped it one really quick to make sure the light works as intended, the fuel gauge on the new larger capacity 6800mA battery is working. I'll see about testing it tomorrow night in conjunction with the X2 V3 on the helmet.

Again thanks goes out to Jim at Action LED Lights - Brilliant lighting for all your biking & outdoor sporting activities. for his excellent service and support.

mtbr member
    Love to see some pics!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharddog03 View Post
    Love to see some pics!
    All I've got is an I-phone for a camera so do you want some mounted on the bike shots or beam shots?

mtbr member
    Any pics would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I would love some mounted shots, please. I haven't seen the new mount in anything other than a computer rendering.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast