Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    mtbr member
    Thanks Pabcor!
    life is steeper than it looks

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I had a problem with my X2V3.1 lighthead that required a warranty replacement (taken care of right away by action-led-lights - Thanks Jim). The first I noticed when I unpacked the light was that they've extended the length of the wire connecting the remote by approx. 2 in. I know this was a big deal to a lot of people so I thought I should share this information about Gloworms product update.
    Mole

Slovakia (Europe)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    good idea but today arrives me that, new X2 remote control suport

Gloworm X2 v3 ( XM-L2) Who's In?-dsc03861.jpg
    Last edited by pabcor; 06-16-2014 at 06:41 AM.
    Looking for power lights?, see here

mtbr member
    Where do you get your Gloworm lights from in the US?
    Draft College Republicans

mtbr member
    Usually I buy to Action Led Lights, but this light precisely i bought to the manufacturer Gloworm directly to sell on my website Luces potentes para tu bici | Accesorios para tus luces y Frontales ligeros y de calidad.
    Looking for power lights?, see here

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Action LED Lights View Post
    One difference between the X2 and Duo is the way they handle overheating. If you put both lights on high in still air and let them heat up, when the Duo reaches a dangerous temperature, it cycles down to low until it has time to cool and then powers back up.
    The X2 (I tested a v3) powers down gradually until the temperature stops rising. It is so slow that you have a hard time noticing that it's changing but it starts right away. It will then reach an equilibrium temperature and vary slightly up and down from there. If you then start moving or put a fan on the light it starts brightening until it reaches a new equilibrium.
    Here a plot of brightness over about 8 1/2 minutes in still air @ 64 degreesF

Attachment 853572
    Hi Guys
    Has any one run any tests regarding the output versus run time on the X2?
    It is an expensive light and I wonder what you get for your money. What sort of discharge line it has? Is it a constant 1500lumens and for how long?
    I like the way it handles heat, pretty impressive!

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyraider59 View Post
    Hi Guys
    Has any one run any tests regarding the output versus run time on the X2?
    It is an expensive light and I wonder what you get for your money. What sort of discharge line it has? Is it a constant 1500lumens and for how long?
    I like the way it handles heat, pretty impressive!
    Yes, it is a constant 1500 lumens for the full 2.5 hours runtime (new battery)
    It will flash a few times when your down to a few minutes remaining so you know it's time to stop and change battery or switch to low.

Reporting from the Interbike show
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Action LED Lights View Post
    It will flash a few times when your down to a few minutes remaining so you know it's time to stop and change battery or switch to low.
    How must time would be left after the flashing warning then change to low?
    Hour or Minutes.

how long a bit of string

I send email to Gloworm on other questions for Uk seller found one but not seen QR mount or new switch mount like A.L.L in pack.

Glowormlites UK
    Nov 2012
    UK stock does not have the new switch mount or QR as standard yet. The price reflects this.

I'll see if I can arrange some switch mounts in the meantime.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Re: Gloworm X2 v3 ( XM-L2) Who's In?

Crgmoto - Hi my UK seller

More interested in QR then rubber band, switch mount is more me being a tart.

Got email back from mate he got his two X2 from London bike show this year

Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Hay CRGMoto

I sent PM also you have Gloworm X2 V3 will you have V3.1 In stock soon got a price ?

I read the V3.1 has more lumens 1500 and a longer cable to switch any other benefits over V3

Thanks
    Last edited by Smoke&Lasers; 4 Days Ago at 02:21 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    [QUOTE=Smoke&Lasers;11479904]Hay CRGMoto

I sent PM also you have Gloworm X2 V3 will you have V3.1 In stock soon got a price ?

I read the V3.1 has more lumens 1500 and a longer cable to switch any other benefits over V3

Thanks[/QUOTE

Let me share what I know about this light. I believe according to Gloworm V3 is the designation for all X2s that use an XML 2 emitter. Gloworm made a couple of mid year upgrades and I think some of their distributors came up with V3.1 to designate the difference between the original V3 and the one with the first upgrade (which was major).

1) Original V3 = V2 lighthead with XML 2 emitter upgrade.

2) 1st upgrade (referred to as V3.1) = New light body and optics (shared with the XS).

3) 2nd upgrade (also referred to as V3.1) = 1st upgrade + longer remote cord.

I believe the additional power came for the improved optics which are bigger and won't fit the old lightheads. Here's a tip for even more power, use two spot optics instead of the spot/flood that comes stock. I got an 8% power increase on a lux meter doing this and as far as I can tell it didn't decrease the beam width any. These are very nice lights and I'm sure your going to enjoy it.
    Mole

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Thanks Mr Mole

--
    Also Gloworm Quick Release Bracket - Compatible with the GoPro Quick Release system will this be for sale in the UK too. Or Action LED Light ship wonder cost from US to UK.

Thanks

Action LED Lights
    The version 3.1 is strictly our creation (not Gloworms) to differentiate the switch to the new housing and optics and make customer service easier. At the same time the switch wire got a little longer. We have now upgraded all our stock to include the switch mount and the X1 and X2 to contain the GoPro style quick release mount.
    The output of the emitters did not change but the focus was improved with the new optics.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Are that makes things more clear.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Yesterday, I recieved my X2 v3.1 along with the 2.9 two cell battery. Incredibly lightweight for the power it puts out. I was super impressed with the battery output of the little 2 cell guy too. Very nice product. I look forward to trying it out soon. I'll also be using mine for XC night skiing this winter.

Cheers,
    Mike

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6