• 04-25-2014
    antipop
    Thanks Pabcor!
  • 05-24-2014
    MRMOLE
    I had a problem with my X2V3.1 lighthead that required a warranty replacement (taken care of right away by action-led-lights - Thanks Jim). The first I noticed when I unpacked the light was that they've extended the length of the wire connecting the remote by approx. 2 in. I know this was a big deal to a lot of people so I thought I should share this information about Gloworms product update.
    Mole
  • 06-15-2014
    PeterG
  • 06-15-2014
    pabcor
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterG View Post

good idea but today arrives me that, new X2 remote control suport :thumbsup:

Attachment 901476
  • 06-17-2014
    rearviewmirror
    Where do you get your Gloworm lights from in the US?
  • 06-17-2014
    pabcor
    Usually I buy to Action Led Lights, but this light precisely i bought to the manufacturer Gloworm directly to sell on my website Luces potentes para tu bici | Accesorios para tus luces y Frontales ligeros y de calidad.
  • 09-11-2014
    Skyraider59
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Action LED Lights View Post
    One difference between the X2 and Duo is the way they handle overheating. If you put both lights on high in still air and let them heat up, when the Duo reaches a dangerous temperature, it cycles down to low until it has time to cool and then powers back up.
    The X2 (I tested a v3) powers down gradually until the temperature stops rising. It is so slow that you have a hard time noticing that it's changing but it starts right away. It will then reach an equilibrium temperature and vary slightly up and down from there. If you then start moving or put a fan on the light it starts brightening until it reaches a new equilibrium.
    Here a plot of brightness over about 8 1/2 minutes in still air @ 64 degreesF

Attachment 853572

Hi Guys
    Has any one run any tests regarding the output versus run time on the X2?
    It is an expensive light and I wonder what you get for your money. What sort of discharge line it has? Is it a constant 1500lumens and for how long?
    I like the way it handles heat, pretty impressive!
  • 09-11-2014
    Action LED Lights
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyraider59 View Post
    Hi Guys
    Has any one run any tests regarding the output versus run time on the X2?
    It is an expensive light and I wonder what you get for your money. What sort of discharge line it has? Is it a constant 1500lumens and for how long?
    I like the way it handles heat, pretty impressive!

Yes, it is a constant 1500 lumens for the full 2.5 hours runtime (new battery)
    It will flash a few times when your down to a few minutes remaining so you know it's time to stop and change battery or switch to low.

Reporting from the Interbike show
  • 09-24-2014
    Smoke&Lasers
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Action LED Lights View Post
    It will flash a few times when your down to a few minutes remaining so you know it's time to stop and change battery or switch to low.

How must time would be left after the flashing warning then change to low?
    Hour or Minutes.

how long a bit of string

I send email to Gloworm on other questions for Uk seller found one but not seen QR mount or new switch mount like A.L.L in pack.
  • 09-24-2014
    crgmoto
    UK stock does not have the new switch mount or QR as standard yet. The price reflects this.

I'll see if I can arrange some switch mounts in the meantime.
  • 09-24-2014
    Smoke&Lasers
    Re: Gloworm X2 v3 ( XM-L2) Who's In?
    Crgmoto - Hi my UK seller :)

More interested in QR then rubber band, switch mount is more me being a tart.

Got email back from mate he got his two X2 from London bike show this year

Thanks
  • 09-27-2014
    Smoke&Lasers
    Hay CRGMoto

I sent PM also you have Gloworm X2 V3 will you have V3.1 In stock soon got a price ?

I read the V3.1 has more lumens 1500 and a longer cable to switch any other benefits over V3

Thanks
  • 09-27-2014
    MRMOLE
    [QUOTE=Smoke&Lasers;11479904]Hay CRGMoto

I sent PM also you have Gloworm X2 V3 will you have V3.1 In stock soon got a price ?

I read the V3.1 has more lumens 1500 and a longer cable to switch any other benefits over V3

Thanks[/QUOTE

Let me share what I know about this light. I believe according to Gloworm V3 is the designation for all X2s that use an XML 2 emitter. Gloworm made a couple of mid year upgrades and I think some of their distributors came up with V3.1 to designate the difference between the original V3 and the one with the first upgrade (which was major).

1) Original V3 = V2 lighthead with XML 2 emitter upgrade.

2) 1st upgrade (referred to as V3.1) = New light body and optics (shared with the XS).

3) 2nd upgrade (also referred to as V3.1) = 1st upgrade + longer remote cord.

I believe the additional power came for the improved optics which are bigger and won't fit the old lightheads. Here's a tip for even more power, use two spot optics instead of the spot/flood that comes stock. I got an 8% power increase on a lux meter doing this and as far as I can tell it didn't decrease the beam width any. These are very nice lights and I'm sure your going to enjoy it.
    Mole
  • 09-29-2014
    Smoke&Lasers
    Thanks Mr Mole

--
    Also Gloworm Quick Release Bracket - Compatible with the GoPro Quick Release system will this be for sale in the UK too. Or Action LED Light ship wonder cost from US to UK.

Thanks
  • 09-29-2014
    Action LED Lights
    The version 3.1 is strictly our creation (not Gloworms) to differentiate the switch to the new housing and optics and make customer service easier. At the same time the switch wire got a little longer. We have now upgraded all our stock to include the switch mount and the X1 and X2 to contain the GoPro style quick release mount.
    The output of the emitters did not change but the focus was improved with the new optics.
  • 09-29-2014
    Smoke&Lasers
    Are that makes things more clear.
  • 09-30-2014
    mbcracken
    Yesterday, I recieved my X2 v3.1 along with the 2.9 two cell battery. Incredibly lightweight for the power it puts out. I was super impressed with the battery output of the little 2 cell guy too. Very nice product. I look forward to trying it out soon. I'll also be using mine for XC night skiing this winter.

Cheers,
    Mike
  • 10-02-2014
    NightOWL
    I smell a gloworm groupbuy. who would be in?
  • 10-07-2014
    Smoke&Lasers
    Yep got my one today from Crgmoto.co.uk :thumbsup:
    Sadly can't get out tonight other then garden but tomorrow night is ride night :cool:

I need to do some read double click like mouse to get SM or Commuter mode can't seem to get there. Dim will be great for pre ride waiting for others.

I read on one side before buying Cons Battery is a little heavy. heavy! that just rubbish.

Bring on tomorrow night.

Also will be get the QR mount for bar, will have to take off the fit the nice zip box.
  • 10-08-2014
    Smoke&Lasers
    After dicking about last night RTFM then read this thread this morning seem so make some senses.

So is this right :crazy:
    Click and hold for 5 then let go Trail program starts. Press & hold to get to SM Dim this seem to work for me.

Double click to get to Road Commuter this don't seem to work all the time the high end 1000Lum looks brighter then my High end in Trail program (High) 1500lum

(My imagination)

Sometimes I get Trail program from Double click too.

lost of playing about or clicking can't see how to get to Beacon I may need one day. I think I could be looking at Beacon then flash!

Surprised there isn't youtube video on light setting or how to customise.

Thanks
    Sending PM to Gloworm
  • 10-17-2014
    Smoke&Lasers
    Re: Gloworm X2 v3 ( XM-L2) Who's In?
    Still no email reply from Gloworm two weeks I think.

What I found so far some could be me.

My stem head end hold bar is quite big with the gear and brake cables in way think the mount which is held by rubber band should be higher so stands higher of bars it's just to small xx mm high.

I'm going to get QR mount hoping that larger.

Cable to switch not very long and velcro sticky pad has come off bars. If cable was longer I could put switch on brake mount as that flat be a better base then round bars.

I done factory reset so hoping with will solved my switch problem in program.

Tonight on downhill run light was on full at bottom of run turn left onto road press button light didn't dim press again nothing then third time with two taps on button light dimed. Then back on trail pressed button each time I click it the light stepped down a leave lower & lower each time I want light to go up not down!

Light is bright and battery great have been out for five ride with stops.

But the switch & programing.
    Velcro pad maybe good on a lid but not bars.

Am I moaning maybe but then again this is not a 15 - 30 light from China.

I would like some after care from Gloworm. Maybe I should have tried the reseller then the company that make the product.
  • 10-17-2014
    Action LED Lights
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoke&Lasers View Post
    Still no email reply from Gloworm two weeks I think.

What I found so far some could be me.

My stem head end hold bar is quite big with the gear and brake cables in way think the mount which is held by rubber band should be higher so stands higher of bars it's just to small xx mm high.

I'm going to get QR mount hoping that larger.

Cable to switch not very long and velcro sticky pad has come off bars. If cable was longer I could put switch on brake mount as that flat be a better base then round bars.

I done factory reset so hoping with will solved my switch problem in program.

Tonight on downhill run light was on full at bottom of run turn left onto road press button light didn't dim press again nothing then third time with two taps on button light dimed. Then back on trail pressed button each time I click it the light stepped down a leave lower & lower each time I want light to go up not down!

Light is bright and battery great have been out for five ride with stops.

But the switch & programing.

Am I moaning maybe but then again this is not a 15 - 30 light from China.

I would like some after care from Gloworm. Maybe I should have tried the reseller then the company that make the product.

I believe I can answer your questions.
    Sounds like you are using the O-ring mount for your bar. Remember, you can also mount the light under the bar if that gives you a better shot past cables and the like. The QR mount will allow you to get farther away from the bar, above or below. Another option would be to use one of our Computer/Headlight Mounts.
    For mounting the switch, Gloworm now provides a switch mount that gives you a flat place to mount the switch on your bar. They are available HERE.
    As far as the switch problem goes, if it's not responding there must be a problem with the switch which would be covered by warranty. Talk to whom ever you purchased it from. When you hit the button twice you entered programing mode and the light dropped to 10%. It then steps up 10% with each push. If you find yourself in this mode accidentally, the easiest way to get out without changing anything is just to unplug the battery.
    If you want to change two levels at one time you have to wait 1 or 2 seconds between pushes to assure you don't in up in programing mode.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have other questions.
  • 10-17-2014
    patski
    2 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

I used some sticky Velcro from WalMart, very solid, works great. I have the XS on my bars, cable seems long enough but I only have 740mm bars. Of course, I don't have shifters.... :)

Attachment 932047

Attachment 932046
  • 10-18-2014
    Smoke&Lasers
    Thanks Action LED Lights & patski

Quote:

you can also mount the light under the bar if that gives you a better shot past cables and the like
    Were I seem to move light front of stem hits back top or bottom of light, or the cables are in the way.

Quote:

When you hit the button twice you entered programming mode and the light dropped to 10%
    I did read from Manual and on here I read double click was to get into Road Commuter mode not programming mode!

A photo a 1000 words.

https://db.tt/OP6LbwCV
    ^ this be fix from A.L.L - Switch mount for Gloworm Lights send to UK think I ask that before.

https://db.tt/h0gARDpW
    Hits underside of light to tilled down

https://db.tt/4MZdM5Ex
    Hits top tilled down

https://db.tt/yGZWcR6H

https://db.tt/psI0mQF7
    Cable in the way, If I mount light middle on bars the bean is straight out then if I tilled down I get shadows from cables.

Feed back design on mount think should be cut ins were rubber band goes like on a Magicshine or Clone of a MS as it every easy for band to fall off as I found out, Spent time trying to find on carpark floor. The O Ring mount is only 34mm high but is obviously less less clearance were light screw into light.

This also will be fixed with a QR mount I hope wound the rise on QR.

https://db.tt/UZP3ABpU
    https://db.tt/TBA9WNB1
    https://db.tt/R3ZoYnQo

As said battery great small light very long life & light very bright.
  • 10-18-2014
    patski
    1 Attachment(s)
    S&L,

Industrial Strength Velcro should stick to that

Quote:

A photo a 1000 words.
    https://db.tt/OP6LbwCV

You need the "Official" GLoworm QR, or one of Jim's auxiliary mounts.

Attachment 932158

Quote: