Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by RojoRacing53 View Post
    You make it sound like gloworm "HAS" at this point perfected their wiring. If you've sent your units in for repair Jim should be hooking you up with the latest wires so your no worse off then those of us buying now. Gloworms wire setup is far from perfect when compared to other high end lights but they are on the right track.
    Yes, I should have used "improved" instead. Jim simply stated it was "much better".

What I don't understand is why it seams like strain reliefs are a thing of the past. Why?

Slovakia (Europe)
    I see 2 improvements to the lights:
    1/ To use the cables with silicone type insulation (more flexible and cold resistant);
    2/ To use button battery powered wireless remote control, which allows to control either one or more (at least two) paired lightheads simultaneously. That would be perfect!

2/ is more important to me than 1/.

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by RojoRacing53 View Post
    If you use real Gopro bases they come with a high end two side tape that if applied correctly and given 24hr to set will hold your light longer then the cheap plastic side mount. If you hit the light on anything the mount arm would break long before your ripped off the tape. You can even buy the same 3m tape in a 1" wide roll online and reuse your base plates again and again. There was even a modern marvels TV episode on how crazy strong that tape is and how they use it in extreme conditions to hold editor building panels on when they don't want screws showing.
    We have after market adhesive mounts that come with 3M double stick foam tape.
    For these or the velcro pads be sure to clean the area with alcohol before mounting.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345