mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Gloworm x2 not working

Wondering if anyone's run into this, and how they fixed it.

Unit does not power on. It's not the battery - verified with another light unit that the battery is fully functional. When plugged in to the battery cable, I can get the light to flicker by moving it around, but it's not clear if the connection to the battery is bad at the connector or at the unit itself.

Has anyone else had any experience? Is it as simple as cleaning out the connector somehow? I suppose there could be some corrosion or dirt in there. Or I guess a connection somewhere could have worked loose.

Unit is no longer covered under warranty. I suppose I could contact gloworm directly. Overall happy with the performance, just wondering if there's an easy fix. Searched the forums found nothing.

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Sounds like broken wire(s) to me...

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Same happened to mine and it is a broken wire. I tried to fix it myself, but the wires are very thin and I just made a mess out of it .

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    It seems like something the manufacturer should be able to fix for a minimal cost.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Turns out I *am* still covered under the warranty period, so the light head has been sent back. I agree it's probably a loose connection somewhere. Just putting feelers out there to see if there was an easy fix. Thanks

mtbr member
    My guess is it's the remote wire or switch. If you've been riding in really cold weather (?) than maybe a wire cracked. With the short remote wire I figure sooner or later it might fail due to the constant stress people will put on it as they try to make the wire reach the grips.
    Last edited by Cat-man-do; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:21 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    If you've been riding in really cold weather (?)
    Yep, it's really the only time we can ride around here. And I find that remote switch to be annoying, personally - I'd rather just have the switch on the light head, but instead I have to find a place to put the switch every time I ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BmoreKen View Post
    Yep, it's really the only time we can ride around here. And I find that remote switch to be annoying, personally - I'd rather just have the switch on the light head, but instead I have to find a place to put the switch every time I ride.
    No rule says you have to mount it to the bars. Just buy some Velcro with an adhesive back and mount it to the lamp, stem or wherever it can reach that is more useful to you. Personally I just keep mine mounted to the bike and have the switch button heavily held in place with some black duct tape. Of course if you routinely move the lamp from bike to bike that isn't going to work.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    No rule says you have to mount it to the bars. Just buy some Velcro with an adhesive back and mount it to the lamp, stem or wherever it can reach that is more useful to you. Personally I just keep mine mounted to the bike and have the switch button heavily held in place with some black duct tape. Of course if you routinely move the lamp from bike to bike that isn't going to work.
    I normally hold the battery on the stem with the velcro strap, and attach the switch to the extra velcro.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Gloworm x2 not working

Action-LED took care of it, whatever the problem was, with very quick turnaround. They do a great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I have had numerous issues with both my Gloworm X1 and X2 wiring. I will now be sending one part of my kit back for the 4th time. It has always been wiring related, and I was fortunate enough to have bought them from ActionLED. Jim has been top notch.