Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Action LED Lights
    X1's are now in stock for immediate shipment. All US pre-ordered lights have shipped and should arrive Saturday or Monday. Head straps will arrive next week and will follow where required.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Action LED Lights View Post
    X1's are now in stock for immediate shipment. All US pre-ordered lights have shipped and should arrive Saturday or Monday. Head straps will arrive next week and will follow where required.
    Do you also handle the pre-orders ordered from Canada as well?
    "By Your Command"

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Got my X1 yesterday - man it's tiny! Quick flash round the office looks promising. Blinded my colleagues! Quick question. Which optic Is in as standard? And do I need a tool to swap it out?

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by pucked up View Post
    Do you also handle the pre-orders ordered from Canada as well?
    All orders to the rest of the world have been shipped as well.

Thank you
    Vag
    Gloworm

Glowormlites UK
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by M6TTF View Post
    Got my X1 yesterday - man it's tiny! Quick flash round the office looks promising. Blinded my colleagues! Quick question. Which optic Is in as standard? And do I need a tool to swap it out?
    Glad it arrived safely.

The Spot is the optic that comes fitted as Standard, the Superspot is the optic with the dimples in the centre and the frosted optic is the flood.

mtbr member
    Did I miss the information about how the 2-cell battery is designed to be carried when the light is helmet mounted?

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by crgmoto View Post
    Glad it arrived safely.

The Spot is the optic that comes fitted as Standard, the Superspot is the optic with the dimples in the centre and the frosted optic is the flood.
    I think you have that a little wrong. The dimples in the center spread the light a little for the spot. The one with the slightly frosted center is the superspot (though there is not much difference). I took some quick shots on a wall. first is the superspot (frosted center) then the spot (dimpled center) and then the flood (dimpled front)

Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

Action LED Lights

Brightest Spot for Greatest Throw

While I was comparing spots I got out the light meter and compared some of the lights I have to measure the light intensity at the center of the beam. Each light was at it's standard high setting and 21ft from the meter. I ran them for 1-2 minutes before taking a reading and moved the meter pickup around to find the brightest point.
    The results were not quite what I expected. Brightest was the new X1 with the super spot lens at 270 lux. Next the X2 with spot/spot optics at 240 lux. Then the Xera with it's spot optic at 227 lux, and then the Duo at 195 lux.
    If it's throw that you want the superspot X1 concentrates it's 850 lumens in the smallest area lighting distant object the brightest.
    Personally I prefer a broader field of view but then I ride a little slower than some and all the trails around here tend to be twisty single track.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

Action LED Lights
    Just heard from Gloworm and they tell me I am wrong about which is the super spot. Guess I'll have to get the light meter back out and prove it to myself. In any case they are quite close and a very concentrated spot.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Hi Team

Well I am back from my quick holiday and ready to answer any questions you may have!

Vag has also been noticeably absent from regular posts due to the final release of the X1...and the following well needed break.

I trust everyone has either received their X1 or patiently waiting for the courier.....we hope you enjoy.

I'll have a flick through the forum and see what has been happening and come back to you if needed.

Cheers and Happy New Year!

Bruce
    Gloworm

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by JChasse View Post
    Did I miss the information about how the 2-cell battery is designed to be carried when the light is helmet mounted?
    The light set will come with an elastic velcro strap that is used to secure the battery to the helmet.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Just got back from my first ride with the new x1 to accompany the x2. Wow!!! The x1 is amazing. To be honest I think it outshines my x2. It certainly has way way more throw, and seems brighter. Superb pair

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Just got my x1 today - great looking light, can't wait to try it out. Just wondering - my lighthead-only package came with the x2 manual, not an x1 manual. The lights are different enough that I would like to get ahold of the proper manual. Jim or Vag - any help?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Just got my x1 today - great looking light, can't wait to try it out. Just wondering - my lighthead-only package came with the x2 manual, not an x1 manual. The lights are different enough that I would like to get ahold of the proper manual. Jim or Vag - any help?

Thanks!

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by jgmarcotte View Post

Thanks!
    Hey

Really sorry about that small error....here's the link to the online version

X1 Instruction Manual

Cheers

Bruce

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Hey Bruce, I've got a question for you. What is the default optic that the X1 ships with ? Also, how does one indentify the optics from one another ?

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by mdemm View Post
    Hey Bruce, I've got a question for you. What is the default optic that the X1 ships with ? Also, how does one indentify the optics from one another ?
    The X1 comes with the Standard Optic installed, the flood is frosted across the whole lens. The spot option has a dimpled effect in the centre of the optic, the standard has a slightly frosted effect in the centre.

Cheers Bruce

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Thanks, Bruce!

BTW, rode tonite with the x1. Wow! Great spot pattern, even with the standard optics. Tight, defined beam, good color (warmer than the Xera), plenty bright, even on commuter program. Love the remote.

I think I'm really gonna like this little guy. Good job, Gloworm!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I just got back from my 1st ride with X1 on my helmet (and Gemini Olympia on my bar). I didn't bother with the standard optics, but immediately put the spot optics. I am impressed and so happy. I finally got what I needed. It's got a great spot pattern. I also like the low-profile mount.

I've been using Gemini DUO on my helmet, but I absolutely hated it since the day 1 because its flood beam pattern completely flatten the shadow nicely created by my bar light. If the trail was not twisty, it was much more comfortable to ride with my bar light only.
    Last edited by butasan; 01-09-2013 at 10:36 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I got mine yesterday, it's tiny and bright. Perhaps I manage to arrange test ride today or tomorrow.

Yes, I read the manual, but stupid me, how I can change optics ? Simple instruction step by step to simple man, please. Because this time I don't try first and end at broken light head.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by 127 View Post
    I got mine yesterday, it's tiny and bright. Perhaps I manage to arrange test ride today or tomorrow.

Yes, I read the manual, but stupid me, how I can change optics ? Simple instruction step by step to simple man, please. Because this time I don't try first and end at broken light head.
    There will be a flat tool in your kit. At the bottom there is a small slit. The larger side fit perfectly between the notches in the bezel. Use this to unscrew.

Remove the bezel and oring, then remove the optic. Place new optic over the led. The optic will sit flush on the electronics board.

Reverse the process.

Hope this helps

Bruce
    Gloworm

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Thank you very much, now even simple man got the bezel open. Under dim kitchen light it was quit
    hard to notice small notches and get the tool in line

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I am still waiting for mine to arrive. Could those of us who have the honour to hold the light in their own hands post some pictures of the light mounted on your helmet, bar, head or whatever it fits to cut the waiting time a little shorter? It would also be nice for the guys who don't know how to fit their light.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Trying to decide between another X2 w/ spot optics for the helmet ( I have one on the bars now ) or the X1 (both with the 2 cell battery pack).

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

yeah, finally got my light tonight.

Because of the weather here I won't be able to try it out until next week.

It mounted very nicely onto my Fox Flux helmet. Seems plenty bright with a nice spot beam pattern that should have the throw I was hoping for. I am very happy and excited about the light.

Bruce and Vag, Thanks for putting together an awesome light.
    TEX

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast