Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2008
    I just purchased the X1 light head on sale at Action Lights for 80.00 - this one uses the U2 emitter but considering the price difference I have to think that possibly the latest U3 version would not have enough performance advantages considering the price difference. It seems like a good deal for those interested in supplementing an X2 which is what I decided to do. I imagine Action is clearing stock of the U2 version.

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by NewNRS3 View Post
    I just purchased the X1 light head on sale at Action Lights for 80.00 - this one uses the U2 emitter but considering the price difference I have to think that possibly the latest U3 version would not have enough performance advantages considering the price difference. It seems like a good deal for those interested in supplementing an X2 which is what I decided to do. I imagine Action is clearing stock of the U2 version.
    Actually, you just pointed out that I forgot to update the listing when the U3 was announced. All of the X1's will ship with the XML - U3 LED.
    I also needed to update the price now that the Pre-sale is over. So you got lucky and got the last one at that price.
    Just a note, The light head includes everything in the kit except the battery and charger.

Just heard from Gloworm that they are on the dock and will ship tonight so they may arrive by Friday.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I guess that was confusing me a bit thinking there were two versions out there - sorry Jim if I threw a wrench in the works so to speak but I do appreciate the clarification. I just found out about the Gloworm lights in the last two days but it did not take me long to decide between them and some other contenders out there - almost went with a Dinotte but as nice as they are I have no regrets sticking with Gloworm.
    Last edited by NewNRS3; 12-25-2012 at 04:58 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Jim - any chance you'll carry the Glowworm 2 cell battery? It looks to have about the best specs out there.

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by jgmarcotte View Post
    Jim - any chance you'll carry the Glowworm 2 cell battery? It looks to have about the best specs out there.
    Yes, I actually have them coming with the X1 order but I am waiting on some additional information from GW before finishing the listing. You should see it show up in the next couple of days.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy542 View Post
    is it compatible with the headstrap and if so, how does the small battery pack attach?? I really have no need for a helmet mount. Sign me up for one if I can attach it to a headstrap!!
    The same headstrap fits the X1 and X2
    Last edited by Action LED Lights; 12-25-2012 at 07:22 PM.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Is there any news on the shipping of the quick releases?

Action LED Lights
    They will come with the X1 at the end of the week (or early next)
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Is it correct to assume that US orders placed on the Gloworm site will ship through Action LED, or will they ship directly from New Zealand to the US costumers?
    TEX

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

shipped?

Can we get some kind of confirmation that the units have shipped? and when we in the US should expect our lights?

Thanks.
    TEX

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by texas View Post
    Can we get some kind of confirmation that the units have shipped? and when we in the US should expect our lights?

Thanks.
    Hello everyone,

The lights have been shipped since last Wednesday and the should be in USA on Monday (depending also on holidays schedule). They are small delays of 2-3 days with DHL lately because of the Christmas period. It is safe to assume that all lights will be in your before the end of next week.

Thanks,
    Vaggelis
    Gloworm

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloworm Manufacture View Post
    Hello everyone,

The lights have been shipped since last Wednesday and the should be in USA on Monday (depending also on holidays schedule). They are small delays of 2-3 days with DHL lately because of the Christmas period. It is safe to assume that all lights will be in your before the end of next week.

Thanks,
    Vaggelis
    Gloworm
    Does that also mean that the quick releases that were pre ordered were shipped at the same time and are on the same shipping schedule? Thanks

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy43 View Post
    Does that also mean that the quick releases that were pre ordered were shipped at the same time and are on the same shipping schedule? Thanks

Yes, this is the case.

We have a delay on the new headstrap which should be ready by the end of the New Year week but QR mounts are on their way.

Cheers,
    Vag

Glowormlites UK
    Nov 2012
    The X1's and QR mounts have arrived here in the UK. All pre/back orders have been shipped.

Glowormlites UK
    Nov 2012
    The X1 light head weighed in at just under 60g on my scales including the helmet mount and remote switch.

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloworm Manufacture View Post
    Hello everyone,

Thanks,
    Vaggelis
    Gloworm
    Unfortunately the shipment hit NY just as DHL was starting there New Years break so delivery has been delayed until tomorrow (Thursday) We'll get them out the same day when they arrive.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

Glowormlites UK
    Nov 2012
    We had the same issue with DHL - the lights were going to sit in their depot until Thursday due to the backlog of Christmas / New Year shipments. Luckily the depot is only 20 miles away so we went and collected them.

Here are some pictures of the X1 taken rather hastily last night.

Size comparison with Magicshine type XM-L

Gloworm Family with X2

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    looks awesome! cant wait to receive mine - cheers danny

Glowormlites UK
    Nov 2012
    It really is an awesome little light from what I've seen so far.

Tested it back to back with a mk2 Exposure Diablo with a claimed 900 lumens last night. The X1 was much brighter with more throw. Weather permitting I should have beamshots tonight with each optic plus comparison shots of the Diablo, Chinese reflector XM-L T6 and Gloworm X2.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Holy crap, thats a cool looking light !!! Thank you, crgmoto for posting the 1st photos of the X1... I can't wait til arrives...

mtbr member
    I like that 2-cell battery! Wish my systems ran on 7.4v so I could use them.

Glowormlites UK
    Nov 2012
    Just so people know the tool for removing the bezel for optic changes is not a round tool. It is a flat tool.

The 25.8mm blade slots in to opposing cut outs in the bezel to undo it. The bezel doesn't need to be too tightly fitted - just enough to compress the o-ring.

It also has a bottle opener on it (handy for after the ride).

Here is a picture of the tool -

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    That is awesome! I really appreciate the love of Glowormlites for the small details that are needed to push a product from great to 99,99% perfect.

mtbr member
    Has anyone done a side-by-side beam shot comparison between the X1 and X2? I am looking to get my first serious bike light, to go on my helmet, and I'm stuck between getting the X1 or the X2. I do the occasional night ride on bike paths where it's very dark, but mostly I'll be using it for commuting.

Glowormlites UK
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop View Post
    Has anyone done a side-by-side beam shot comparison between the X1 and X2? I am looking to get my first serious bike light, to go on my helmet, and I'm stuck between getting the X1 or the X2. I do the occasional night ride on bike paths where it's very dark, but mostly I'll be using it for commuting.
    And as if by magic -

The camera was having some focus issues as it was so windy, the camera was moving on the tripod during the long exposure time. Better pictures will follow next week on a calmer night.

All pictures taken using ISO100, F4, 6 sec exposure, Daylight balance

Control

Gloworm X1 - Standard Spot optic

Gloworm X1 - Flood optic

Gloworm X1 - Superspot optic

Gloworm X2 - Spot/Flood optics

XM-L T6 ~Orange Peel Reflector- typical magicshine type

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast