Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by tb123 View Post
    Did I miss the beamshots......?
    No Tim, I've been laid up in bed for the past two days, so have been unable to get shots done , however I've asked Vag to post some more of the original ones, just to give an idea of the different optic types. I should have some more up by Tuesday all things going well.

Apologies for any inconvenience. It just wasn't going to happen......

Bruce
    Gloworm

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloworm Manufacture View Post
    No Tim, I've been laid up in bed for the past two days, so have been unable to get shots done , however I've asked Vag to post some more of the original ones, just to give an idea of the different optic types. I should have some more up by Tuesday all things going well.

Bruce
    Gloworm
    Hi All, as Bruce said here are the photos I have taken before. Please note the camera has made them look more yellow than they really are in addition to the fact we changed bins (tint of LED) for the final production version. Production version is bin 1B (more white), the photos were 2B (more yellow). The LEDs in the X1 will be the same as the X2, not too white as to be 'blue' and not to yellow to lose throw and intensity.

Bruce will have more beam shots this week with comparisons also soon. His shots will be using the production version so will throw a bit further.

Control

Location 1
    Flood

Standard

Spot

Location 2
    Flood

Standard

Spot

Cheers

Vag
    on Behalf of Gloworm

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Bruce
    Gloworm
    No worries Bruce, hope you get better soon, had been looking forward to the beamshots, wasnt sure if I'd missed them somewhere.

Cheers

PS, the beamshots Vag posted look promising, was the light to the right of the camera though as it looks like the beam of light and the spread is biased that way?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Hey Bruce. Are we going to see the updated beam shots / photos from the production model of the X1 today ??? Hopefully you'll release some real world side by side beam shots (X2, Xera or ) at the same time ??? Also, are you planning on offering the 2cell BP as an additional add on ??? Have a good one !!!

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by mdemm View Post
    Hey Bruce. Are we going to see the updated beam shots / photos from the production model of the X1 today ??? Hopefully you'll release some real world side by side beam shots (X2, Xera or ) at the same time ??? Also, are you planning on offering the 2cell BP as an additional add on ??? Have a good one !!!
    I feel like I'm coming up with excuses, however I went to do the shots last night NZ time (8hrs ago) and my camera battery was dead. I'll be getting out tonight/tomorrow so you will def have them by Thursday AM US Time.

I really do have to apologise.....

BTW - I'll be doing a comparison with the X2 and also some Duo/X2 comparisons. Additionally one with a combination X2/X1.

Bruce
    Gloworm

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Charge those batteries up !!! We'll see what Thursday brings :>)
    Is one going to be able to purchase an additional 2cell battery pack when placing an order for the X1 ? If so how much $$$ ?

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Good evening..well nearly good morning in NZ!

I spent the evening trying to get the best shots I could to demonstrate the new X1. I have 2 good shots (it was windy) - one demonstarting just the X1 and the other the X1/X2 combo.

I'll get some more over the next couple of nights some on singletrack and some more varied open space ones.

Tree line is at 70m, with the can spaced at 30m, 40m, 50m and 60m.

Camera Canon G7, ISO100, Daylight, 5 sec exp, F4.0

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm

X1

X1 and X2 Combo

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    what camera and camerasettings are used?

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothing's impossible View Post
    what camera and camerasettings are used?
    Post adjusted.....

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Gloworm-those shots are looking good to me.Thanks for posting them. I'm looking to seeing them on the 2013 mtbr shootout!

I've tried to order the X1 from three different computers, I thought there might be some kind of security software at my job preventing me from ordering, but I am getting the same message from 2 other computers. I keep getting a error message stating there is an error with the details submitted, I have started from scratch several times on each computer and same results, is anyone else having these issues?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Hey Bruce. Those are some pretty impressive shots. Was wondering on your next go around if you could add a shot with the X2 by itself, so we'll have something to judge the X1 by.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    To my untrained eye, there seems to be a lot of overlap between X2 and X1 in the shots posted above. What kind of lenses were used on both lights? Was X1 with the spot focus lens?
    Looking forward to more images.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

When will we get our hands on the pre-order X1s ?

Bruce,

The promise is that the parts would ship out in early December, When should the people in the US with pre-orders expect to see there lights?
    TEX

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by texas View Post
    Bruce,

The promise is that the parts would ship out in early December, When should the people in the US with pre-orders expect to see there lights?
    Hello Texas,

We are currently on the manufacturing stage and we are going to ship the first orders between 10-15 of December. Our plan is to make you an early Xmas present.

Cheers from the workshop
    Vag
    Gloworm

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Are we going to see some more shots of the light itself before holding it in our own hands?
    Canīt stand my curiousness
    Last edited by nightrider06; 12-06-2012 at 08:30 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I'm with you nightrider. I PM'ed Bruce on 12/3 with a few questions. 1- Based on GW's earlier posts, I assumed we were going to see more beam shots ? I mean, really. There is 1 beam shot photo of the production version of X1 by itself... 2- If he could ad a shot of the X2 by itself (we've seen x1 / X1 and X2 together) for comparison. 3- If he planned on sharing some side by shots with his closest competitor ? Its 12/6. I have yet to receive a response... I don't get it !!!

Glowormlites UK
    Nov 2012
    Gloworm managed to make the lighthead design even smaller and lighter before starting the production run.

I would imagine that Bruce is waiting to receive one of these lights rather than taking more pictures of the pre-production version.

No doubt Bruce or Vaggelis will be along soon to give more detail.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Just a heads up that you can now pre order from Jim at action-LED lights. No affiliation with that seller.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by mdemm View Post
    I'm with you nightrider. I PM'ed Bruce on 12/3 with a few questions. 1- Based on GW's earlier posts, I assumed we were going to see more beam shots ? I mean, really. There is 1 beam shot photo of the production version of X1 by itself... 2- If he could ad a shot of the X2 by itself (we've seen x1 / X1 and X2 together) for comparison. 3- If he planned on sharing some side by shots with his closest competitor ? Its 12/6. I have yet to receive a response... I don't get it !!!
    Sorry for the lack of repsonse, we have been flat out trying to ensure the orders are shipped in early December.

crgmoto is correct. I managed to slim down the light without affecting the performance. Through a subtle change in the bezel placement the light diameter is now 31mm not 35mm, with the light and cables weighing in at a smidge under 60g.

Once I get hold of the revised unit, I will post some more detailed shots. In regards to beam shots I'll get out there this weekend to get some more. With comparsion with the X2 and some of the Xera. Thats a promise!

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Sorry for the lack of repsonse, we have been flat out trying to ensure the orders are shipped in early December.

crgmoto is correct. I managed to slim down the light without affecting the performance. Through a subtle change in the bezel placement the light diameter is now 31mm not 35mm, with the light and cables weighing in at a smidge under 60g.

Once I get hold of the revised unit, I will post some more detailed shots. In regards to beam shots I'll get out there this weekend to get some more. With comparsion with the X2 and some of the Xera. Thats a promise!

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm
    Thank you for your fast reply as usual, Bruce!
    Let me guess. Did you also change the ring which tightens down the lens? The weight with the cables and the switch included is awesome.
    I am very interested in beam shots of the super narrow lens. This is in my opinion the killer-feature. Because everyone can make a floody light in a small package, but to get an lightsaber-like tight beam is the supreme discipline.
    As far as I can tell from the pictures of the standard lens you are going straight to the finish line in achieving this!

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Nope....the ring stays the same, this is an important part of the waterproofing of the unit

We'll get some trail based shots done to really promote the beam variances and comparisons, at least with the X2.

Bruce
    Gloworm

mtbr member
    ... In regards to beam shots I'll get out there this weekend to get some more. With comparsion with the X2 and some of the Xera. Thats a promise!

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm
    That would be a most welcomed comparison. If you also have an old 808E hanging around that would be worth adding as well because a lot of people are likely more familiar with the output of the 808E. If you don't have an 808E than at least we have the Xera ( single emitter lamp ) to compare it to.

mtbr member
    @Gloworm...

Any prototype or production pics of the redesigned headstrap?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Once again, thank you Bruce for updating us on the status of the X1.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    That would be a most welcomed comparison. If you also have an old 808E hanging around that would be worth adding as well because a lot of people are likely more familiar with the output of the 808E. If you don't have an 808E than at least we have the Xera ( single emitter lamp ) to compare it to.
    Right, here are some updated beam shots.....a multitude if you will.

Now, I didn't get a xera to test, but I at least got a Gemini Titan P7 to compare it with.....I know its not an XML light, but it will at least give you an idea.

The cans are at 20m and 40m, while the tree in line with the cans is at 60m (roughly 200ft)

The Camera is a Canon G9, Daylight, ISO100, F4.0, Exp 5sec.

BTW Photos of battery and other goodies coming next week before we ship. Also, presales end this weekend.

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm

XI Spot (Large Image)

X1 Standard (Large Image)

Gemini Titan P7 (Large Image)

X2 Standard (Large Image)

X2/X1 Combo (Large Image)
    Last edited by Gloworm Manufacture; 12-08-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast