Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by severum_69 View Post
    Hello,

I have the same problem.I don't find where to place a pre-order in your site
    The X1 listing on Gloworm International Site is the presale item.

I'll add the word 'Presale' to avoid any confusion ALL DONE.....

Cheers

Bruce
    GLOWORM

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Order??

Bruce

I tried to place an order on the International site and it stated that my delivery address was not valid?? Is this offer not available to Australia?? Can you order a spare 2 cell battery?

Cheers

Tim

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Hello,

@Gloworm
    I have an account on your site Gloworm Performance Products - Gloworm Performance Products but on your international site I can’t use it.
    Must I create a new account ?

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by severum_69 View Post
    Hello,

@Gloworm
    I have an account on your site Gloworm Performance Products - Gloworm Performance Products but on your international site I can’t use it.
    Must I create a new account ?
    Hello Severum,

You should register a new account in our international website.

Cheers,
    Bruce and Vag

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Can not find the QR mounts.... Where are they listed?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloworm Manufacture View Post
    @Nitro - Just checked the site....all seems to be fine from the back end and from my Internet Explorer........

QR Mounts will be put up tonight (10hrs time)

Bruce
    Gloworm
    Where are the QR's?

mtbr member
    Glowworm, the new lights look excellent. Very much like what I've been building for myself and my mates, only without all the labour and time.

I can't see if there's a quick release on the helmet mount or not. For adventure racing we find this very handy to switch from headband/ helmet /bar. I'm not a fan of the o-ring system MS uses.

I'll be recommending your lights on the Adventure racing/ orienteering forum I am on.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy43 View Post
    Where are the QR's?
    Hey Ozzy, HERE is the link to the QR Mounts. They are the Gloworm Manufacturing - Gloworm Manufacturing site.

The .co.nz site is only used for NZ now.

@Offroad - thanks for the recommend, we've adjusted the mounting system to make it easier for that type of transfer. Still not QR on helmet, but the slot on the helmet mount are now a U shape, meaning you can simply slide the the light onto the head strap then secure the top part of the headstrap - done. On a side note, NZ top Adventure Racer, Steve Gurney (plus a couple of other top teams) has been using the X2 for racing etc. He loves it!

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hey Ozzy, HERE is the link to the QR Mounts. They are the Gloworm Manufacturing - Gloworm Manufacturing site.

@Offroad - thanks for the recommend, we've adjusted the mounting system to make it easier for that type of transfer. Still not QR on helmet, but the slot on the helmet mount are now a U shape, meaning you can simply slide the the light onto the head strap then secure the top part of the headstrap - done. On a side note, NZ top Adventure Racer, Steve Gurney (plus a couple of other top teams) has been using the X2 for racing etc. He loves it!

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm
    Got it. I ordered one. Any idea how long till they ship? Can't wait to get it. Thanks

mtbr member
    Ahh, what does Gurney know? We met him at Coast-to Coast a couple of years ago.

How quickly can you transfer the light from helmet to headband?

I tend to race with a sack of lights- one for my helmet, a second on the bars, a third on the headband, and a spare for teammates whose lights fail. Most of my friends don't have that luxury, and need to transfer at least to headband and helmet in a hurry, often in the dark with numb fingers.

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    X1 ordered

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Glowworm,,,from what you have shown the light does look promising. For those of us here in the US who preorder from you, what will be our option if we have a warranty issue, will Jim at action be willing to take care of us or will we have to have the problem shipped back to you?

Thanks

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalfast View Post
    Glowworm,,,from what you have shown the light does look promising. For those of us here in the US who preorder from you, what will be our option if we have a warranty issue, will Jim at action be willing to take care of us or will we have to have the problem shipped back to you?

Thanks
    Hey Pedalfast,

Warranty issues will be dealt in USA.

Cheers,
    Vag and Bruce
    Gloworm

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Canīt wait to see more pics and the beamshots! Looks to be one of the most interesting lights for this year. Because even the big brand L. isnīt able to produce a lot of throw in a small lamp.
    I have a diy light with 7 U2-XMLs Powered at 2,05A and the Polymer-Optics on my Handlebar at the moment but the problem is that this amount of light makes you "blind" on areas out of the light.
    On trails I normally reduce the power to about 15Watts from about 44Watts at maximum. The X1 would be great then to get a tight spot were I am looking at.
    Anyway, hope to get my hands on it soon.

@Bruce: Thumbs up for your development that gives the customer the feeling to be a part of it.

EDIT:

I have an other idea for a mount. Many riders, including me have Gopro mounts on nearly everything. On my frame, helmet, and even a suction cup that can be mounted on Flat surfaces like the rear window of a car to light the area behind the car after a nightride while cleaning the bike or doing repairs.

You can even find the CAD models on the internet so it wouldnīt be that hard to develop such a mount (I am not able to post links at the moment): search on Google for "CAD Gopro"

grabcad!dotcom!/library/gopro-modular-arm-long-90deg-member

Ole
    Last edited by nightrider06; 11-23-2012 at 04:31 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nightrider06 View Post
    Canīt wait to see more pics and the beamshots! Looks to be one of the most interesting lights for this year. :

EDIT:

I have an other idea for a mount. Many riders, including me have Gopro mounts on nearly everything. On my frame, helmet, and even a suction cup that can be mounted on Flat surfaces like the rear window of a car to light the area behind the car after a nightride while cleaning the bike or doing repairs.

You can even find the CAD models on the internet so it wouldnīt be that hard to develop such a mount (I am not able to post links at the moment): search on Google for "CAD Gopro"

grabcad!dotcom!/library/gopro-modular-arm-long-90deg-member

Ole
    GoPro mounts are solid and common. I like the click-in version for helmet and headband, but the bar mount is a little cumbersome. I also find the Cateye click- mounts are small and light, but less common.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Running a Gemini titan now and while it works well I am looking for something lighter that mounts lower as my neck is taking a beating. Would I lose anything from going from a larger diameter reflector light to an optic based one? I was considering a xera but this seems to fit the bill and can't beat the intro price

mtbr member
    I also ordered an X1 too...looking forward to having it with my X2 on the bars for TT intervals (aka, 20-25 MPH on the flats)!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Any word on when the quick releases could start shipping?

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy43 View Post
    Any word on when the quick releases could start shipping?
    Looking at the same time as the X1's - early December

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    @Offroad - thanks for the recommend, we've adjusted the mounting system to make it easier for that type of transfer. Still not QR on helmet, but the slot on the helmet mount are now a U shape, meaning you can simply slide the the light onto the head strap then secure the top part of the headstrap - done.

Gloworm,,,please clarify about the new helmet mount, will that be a part of the package or will it be an extra option?

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalfast View Post
    @Offroad - thanks for the recommend, we've adjusted the mounting system to make it easier for that type of transfer. Still not QR on helmet, but the slot on the helmet mount are now a U shape, meaning you can simply slide the the light onto the head strap then secure the top part of the headstrap - done.

Gloworm,,,please clarify about the new helmet mount, will that be a part of the package or will it be an extra option?

Hello Pedelfast,

The new helmet mount will be a part of the package.

Cheers,
    Bruce and Vag
    Gloworm
    Last edited by Gloworm Manufacture; 11-24-2012 at 02:05 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Gloworm, thanks for the prompt responses, if I order the X2 from action today will it have the new helmet mount?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Did I miss the beamshots......?

moe.
    Sep 2005

X2 weight?

How many grams is the X2 w/battery? I assume the battery mounts to the helmet too. Just need something to compare. What does the X1 system weigh? Thanks.
    "These people take a dump that’s a bigger difference than the a 5 Spot and a Blur LTc." DT

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    60g for the head with remote and 125g for the batter= 185-200 grams...

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast