Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothing's impossible View Post
    -About the 850 lumen, do you measure the actual output or do you calculate the output?
    The beamshot doesn't make it look like 850 lumen?

Is the mount compatible with the mount of a lupine piko?
    Hey,

The X1 is a calculated 850 lumens OTF, unfortunately the beamshot is not a good representation........

The light is driven at 2.8A max, with a 95% efficient driver, plus the optics are 90% efficient. As a comparisoin, the X1 is brighter than its closest rival (another 850 single XML light).

Our calculations are made using www.pct.cree.com. This method was also used for the Gloworm X2, which many discribed as seemingly brighter than 1200 lumens.

Sorry, mount is not compatible with the Piko.

Cheers

Bruce and Vag
    Last edited by Gloworm Manufacture; 11-19-2012 at 01:46 PM.

mtbr member
    Waiting on the photos. Also, I didn't see the "Light head only", option listed on the website.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    So the light head only option for the X1 is not included in the pre-sale? There does not seem to be an option for this on your web site.

Also do you have to purchase the head strap or is it included with the X1? From your site it seems like you need to purchase it for an extra USD $15.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Light head only option?

From the website I don't see the promised option of light head only? Are you going to put that up on the Site? Or is there some other way to order the head only?

Thanks.
    TEX

just a Newbie
    I know the preliminary beamshot photo is not the best, but from what I can tell there is a slight green tint in the beamshot. Can you confirm what is the tint of the X1? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Looks good, but how about a picture of the 2 cell battery?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    When are we (prospective buyers) going to see some detailed photos ??? Thats going to be the selling point...

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Hi All

The 'light head only' option has been added to the site

@ Colleen - Regarding the tint Colleen, it is 1B the same as the X2 (no green at all), once again the photo has not given a true reflection. This is one of the reasons I will be taking some good beam shots at the end of this week - I have a Canon G9, the same as what Francios uses in his tests. This should produce some beam shots worthy of the light.

@mdemm - I am receiving the production unit today with the intention of taking some HQ detailed photographs for the website and for here.

@Maximus - We're still waiting on the first battery off the production line, but basically its half a Gloworm 4 cell battery with slightly thicker housing plastic (to reduce any chance of breakage of the velcro loop).

@pucked up - The headstrap is an extra accessory. It has now on the site at $10.

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Bruce,

Thanks for adding the light head only. I just ordered one. Am I correct to assume this comes with the extension cable like the X2 light only does?

Thanks.
    TEX

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Has this been designed for the battery to be attached to the back of the helmet? Or, is the battery supposed to be stored in your backpack. If attached to the helmet, please show pictures of the mounting method when the battery comes in.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    For the light only option, you guys have a full set option and light only option. What is included with the full set option? Would it be like the light only option for the X2 (both mounts, o-rings, extension cord)? I assume the light only is just the light by itself, right?
    "By Your Command"

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrider1 View Post
    Has this been designed for the battery to be attached to the back of the helmet? Or, is the battery supposed to be stored in your backpack. If attached to the helmet, please show pictures of the mounting method when the battery comes in.
    It has been designed to have the battery on the back of helmet. Similar methods can be seen with Gemini Xera and Lupine Piko.

@Texas - the only thing not included in the Light Only Kit is the battery and charger.

Cheers

Gloworm

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    FYI

There seems to be an error when trying to purchase the light only set. Your site will automatically add a full set to the cart without the light only. It's not adding the light only.

Is the price USD $59 or $80? It has $59 on the drop down but $80 when in the cart page.
    "By Your Command"

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by pucked up View Post
    FYI

There seems to be an error when trying to purchase the light only set. Your site will automatically add a full set to the cart without the light only. It's not adding the light only.

Is the price USD $59 or $80? It has $59 on the drop down but $80 when in the cart page.
    Hey,

The site is fine. The light head only price is $80. I have set up the sytem to reduce the set price by $59.

At the cart, because the main product is the Light Kit, it will only show the kit - but at the reduced price. When we receive the purchase order it indicates the exact details of the order.

Hope that helps?

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Ah...I see it now, Thanks.

Are there still some left?
    "By Your Command"

mtbr member

11.1v batteries ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gloworm Manufacture View Post
    Hey mdemm.......didn't mean to miss your post, for this I do apologise

The light will be compatible with magicshine/gemini batteries etc. It utilises a switching regulator meaning the input voltage can be higher than that required by the LED. Most of the aforementined batteries are a nominal 7.4v, as are our 2 cell and 4 cell battery.

Once again apologies for the over sight.......

Bruce and Vag
    Gloworm
    Can this light be safely run on a 11.1v battery or does it need a 7.4v. I have several 11.1v lipo RC car batteries.

Does the "light head only" come with both the helmet mount and bar mount?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by glader60 View Post
    Can this light be safely run on a 11.1v battery or does it need a 7.4v. I have several 11.1v lipo RC car batteries.

Does the "light head only" come with both the helmet mount and bar mount?
    I believe he said in above post that the light head only option has everything but the battery and charger

In regards to the LiPo packs, whether or not they can take the added current, i would be concerned that the power indicator on the light wouldn't be an accurate gauge of how much is left in your battery. Even well into lipo meltdown voltage on a 3s the battery indicator would likely still show a full charge just cause its looking to see a much lower voltage

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeer View Post
    I believe he said in above post that the light head only option has everything but the battery and charger

In regards to the LiPo packs, whether or not they can take the added current, i would be concerned that the power indicator on the light wouldn't be an accurate gauge of how much is left in your battery. Even well into lipo meltdown voltage on a 3s the battery indicator would likely still show a full charge just cause its looking to see a much lower voltage
    Hi All

I will need to check with the engineering team as to the max voltage of the switching regulator. However it has been designed for the 7.4v nominal battery.

Regarding the 'power indicator on the light' - the X1 does not have one. It will tell you (by emmitting a flicker sequence, but not turning the light off) appx 5min from shutdown that there is minimal voltage being supplied to the light. The regulator will then adjust the current slowly to maintain voltage until it dips below the threshold.

Once the light 'flickers' (hi-low-hi-low-hi-low-hi-low) you cannot change modes - it basically provides enough time to get out the new battery, stop your bike etc (5min appx).

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeer View Post
    I have a voltage settable audible alarm that plugs into the balance plug, so no worries about hitting the lipo meltdown voltage. As well the packs are 8400mah so I'm sure I'll never hear the alarm even on full power for well over 5 hours. Just hope the light can handle the 11.1v battery, if not I do have a old 4000mah 7.4 lipo.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by mdemm View Post
    When are we (prospective buyers) going to see some detailed photos ??? Thats going to be the selling point...
    I present the Production version of the X1.....beam shots this weekend (we promise).

Cheers

Bruce and Vag
    Gloworm

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Looks real nice!!
    "By Your Command"

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Nice, but way bigger than I expected!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Big? Looks bloody small to me. Look forward to getting my hands on one

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Big is relative to what you compare it with!
    If these are not extreme smal fingers this single led seems still bigger than the piko, but that's a double led emitter!

I am looking for a lighthead with a diameter around 2 cm and a big output.

mtbr member
    Nice looking little light, the endurance race people are going to love it providing the beam pattern is suitable....And speaking of suitable: Are you going to offer a medium optic for people who might think the beam pattern too narrow ( although I see no evidence of that being the case as of yet ).

* yawn *...sorry, worked late tonight...beam pics....we .......need more beam pics.... damn, where'd that sheep come from...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast