Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    could you do some shots of the X1 and X2 combo? interested to see how they work together.

thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Gloworm, I really liking your minimalistic designs... The X1 and X2's are sweet !!! We're losing daylight fast over here (US). I've been holding back on purchasing an Xera, patiently awaiting more info on your new X1. Looking forward to seeing more beam shots. Can you give us some in-site as to when these will be available in the US ?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

A few questions.

1: Will there be any pre sale special price?

2: When do you expect to be able to ship out the lights?

3: Why the re-design on the bar mount. I have an X2 and have had zero issues with the O-ring mount. I can see with heavier lights the O ring not working well, but the X2 the light enough that it stays perfectly with the smaller O ring you guys supplied.
    TEX

mtbr member
    Nice beam shot but that new mount is awesome - i'll be looking to pick up a couple

Ed

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I love the look of that mount!
    One question, is it reversable? Ie, the way it looks in the pic, you would presumably mount it on the right side of the stem to keep the light centred in front of the stem, however, can you mount it on the left side as I already have my Garmin K-edge mount on the right. Is it as easy as just flipping the mount upside down, or does the actual attachment point of the light head allow it to be screwed in from either side of the bracket?

X1 is looking good too BTW

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Hi All,

We're getting really excited about getting the X1 to you all! Additionally the QR mount is going to make some people very happy.

The QR mount is an additional accessory and will not replace the o-ring mount, it will be available as an alternative.

With regards to the mount, we're also looking at options to make a version compatible with other brands of lights: i.e. Magicshine....

@tb123 - The mount is reversable, i.e flip it over, and because the light can be mounted in any direction it will work perfectly!

@Nitro - we'll set some aside for you mate! You're going to love the CNC goodness!

@texas - Yes we will be offering a presale price, this will next week. Shipping should be early December at the latest. The X2 o-ring mount will not be made redundant, instead the QR mount will be an additional accessory if a customer wants that extra rigidity.

@M6TTF - I'll do some combo shots next week for you, I think you'll like the result Additionally we'll do some comparison shots.

Keep the questions coming and we'll keep the annuncements rolling in.

Cheers

Bruce and Vag
    Gloworm

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    You guys talked about new optics for the x2 that would have more throw..Will those be coming out soon too? Im thinking a x2 on the bar with a mix of flood and throw and then a x2 on the helmet with uber throw-- ohhhh yeah.. ..

Also-- if you guys could do a wireless remote like lupine-- id be all over that..

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by SB Trails View Post
    You guys talked about new optics for the x2 that would have more throw..Will those be coming out soon too? Im thinking a x2 on the bar with a mix of flood and throw and then a x2 on the helmet with uber throw-- ohhhh yeah.. ..

Also-- if you guys could do a wireless remote like lupine-- id be all over that..
    Working on X2 optics as we speak everyone! However as this is the X1 thread, we should tell you that X1 presale pricing will be announced in 24 hrs!! PLus more photos early next week

Cheers

Bruce and Vag
    Gloworm

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Eagerly waiting the release of the X1's pre-sale price and photo's. Is the X1's light head compatible with Gemini / Magicshine's battery packs ?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Ooopsy --actually meant a x2 on the bars with the flood/thrower lens combo and the x1 uber thrower on the helmet.. Will be keeping an eye out for the into price.. The x2 will be arriving tomorrow ..

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    OK, 24hrs is up. Time for the update.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrider1 View Post
    OK, 24hrs is up. Time for the update.
    As promised......(well actually a little bit late).

Gloworm X1 LED Light System Presales will commence Monday 19th November 2012 from The Gloworm Website. UK buyers please go through CRG Moto - Danny.

Presale price will be USD$139 for the full set (2 cell battery) or USD$80 for just the light head

Presale will be restricted to 100 units only

Pricing on the QR mount will also be released in the next week or so.......

We will be posting more beam shots next week with some cool product shots also coming soon!

Last edited by Gloworm Manufacture; 11-14-2012 at 01:51 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Sign me up. I'm there!!!

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Can you provide what the shipping cost would be to Ontario Canada?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    We now have the pre-sale price, and 1 beam shot to go by. :>I

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Here is the beam shot...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloworm Manufacture View Post
    Hey.....we'll try to get beam shots this weekend! In the meantime, here's a 3D image of the new QR mount that will be compatible with both the X1 and the X2. Pricing to follow

Cheers

Bruce and Vag
    Gloworm

Don't know how this got by me. I absolutely love the look of the new mount. For the people who squawked about the O-ring mounts ( which actually works very well ) your squawking is over.

Now about that beam shot: I really don't know what to think about it. No way to really judge distance as you can't see the lamp. One thing is certain though, this lamp is not supplying the type of beam pattern that I expected ( at least that is what I gathered from the one photo ). From the photo the beam looks very wide. With a beam pattern like that If this lamp is able to clearly highlight objects at 70 meters I would be surprised. In this case I sure hope I'm wrong.

Presale will be restricted to 100 units only...
    Not sure what you mean. Do you mean 100 units...period...or 100 units to a single person who might want to sell them?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Cat,

I can't tell what your expectations are for this light. Please clarify.

I think this will be a great option for a helmet mount, as I wouldn't want a battery cord hanging from my head.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Hi All

Cat is right - the current shot, although appearing narrow compared to the X2, is not a fair inidcation of the actual beam of the X1.

I am waiting to receive a completed 'production unit' so I can get some production beam shots and images of the actual light (not just a prototype).

To give you an idea - the throw of this unit is superior to other popular lights of its size with a much smoother beam battern. We will have some comparison beam shots soon and come complimentary beam shots with the X2.

If beam shots are not available in time for presale commencement we will extend presales.

@Cat - the restriction is the number of X1's that will be available at the presale price.

Cheers

Bruce and Vag
    Gloworm

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Bruce and Vag,

Will there be an option for getting the 4 cell battery instead of the 2 cell,and if so what will the price be?
    TEX

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    Cat,

I can't tell what your expectations are for this light. Please clarify.

I think this will be a great option for a helmet mount, as I wouldn't want a battery cord hanging from my head.
    The X1 has been touted as a thrower. In my opinion a good thrower is able to clearly highlight trail features at the 200ft range or better. In order to stand out from the typical run-of-the-mill helmet lamp, that is what I would like to see. Admittedly, it is very hard to judge something like distance throw just by looking at a photo. Helps a bit if you have more photos using different terrain.

To make things interesting I'd like to see a direct ( non-bounce ) 5 meter lux read out. The more intense the center spot the higher the reading will be. The higher the reading the more throw you will get.

Don't get me wrong. I love the design of this lamp. Its small, lite weight and has great mounting options, not to mention the mode menu choices and likely a very good battery. Still, all things considered I expect it to beat out the MagicShine 808E and the vast array of generic clone lamps in a throw shoot out comparison.

Not saying that won't happen. I hope it does. I will say the smaller version of the photo makes it look better. Just remember sometimes things aren't what they seem to be with just a quick glance. In the mean time I'm still waiting for something to make me jump up and say, "Hey, now that's one hell of a bright light"!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    When a consumer asks the manufacturer questions (GLOWORM). The prospective consumer expects a response... Sadly, I've yet to get one response (email or my input from this forum back from you). Must admit, this brings to question spending my monies on your product. Consumer support / feedback is key !

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by mdemm View Post
    Eagerly waiting the release of the X1's pre-sale price and photo's. Is the X1's light head compatible with Gemini / Magicshine's battery packs ?
    Hey mdemm.......didn't mean to miss your post, for this I do apologise

The light will be compatible with magicshine/gemini batteries etc. It utilises a switching regulator meaning the input voltage can be higher than that required by the LED. Most of the aforementined batteries are a nominal 7.4v, as are our 2 cell and 4 cell battery.

Once again apologies for the over sight.......

Bruce and Vag
    Gloworm

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Hi All

I should have the production model of the X1 in my hands tomorrow. I'll start off by taking some detailed HQ photographs, then I should get the beam shots to you by the end of the week.

In the meantime, PRESALES are open www.glowormlites.com. Presales will be open for 2 weeks with only 100 units being made available for presale.

Cheers

Bruce and Vag
    Gloworm

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    -About the 850 lumen, do you measure the actual output or do you calculate the output?
    The beamshot doesn't make it look like 850 lumen?

Is the mount compatible with the mount of a lupine piko?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast