Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11
    mtbr member
    Finally pulled the trigger and bought the X1, from Action-LED, along with the head strap and QR mount. Pairing it with a L&M Vis 180, which should make nighttime commutes that much safer. Thanks to Vag for the invaluable beam shot comparison pics (see page 7), and thanks to everyone who answered my questions. Will post pics as soon as the X1 arrives. Can't wait!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Its impossible to produce an upper end lighting system, that works across the board / one that will keep everyone happy. This is a given... Gloworm and Gemini has upped the playing field... Giving us consumers more bang for the buck. IMO... The new X1 using the xml-U3 led is a seriously impressive unit.. Especially, when considering its minute stature...

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Hi All

We've just had some pro photographs done for the X1. Shows a good amount of details and especially the small size of the unit.

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworrm

X1 in Hand

X1 Detail

X1 Helmet

X1 Close Up

Gloworm 2 Cell Battery

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Hi

Will the X2 be updated and get the get xml U3 as well?

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    At the moment there is no plans to change to the U3 LED, we are obviously looking at the XML2 however they are not really commercially available.

Bruce

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    Gloworm~

Any pics of the new production headstrap?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloworm Manufacture View Post
    At the moment there is no plans to change to the U3 LED, we are obviously looking at the XML2 however they are not really commercially available.

Bruce

Well I did predict ( last year ) that Cree would offer an XM-L2 and likely have it available by this year. Glad to see that they didn't let me down. It seems Mouser has had some of these in stock since January.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the new XM-L2 can do. If an X1 version is sold with the XM-L2 I might be interested.

mtbr member
    Southeast Bike Expo, Conyers GA

Will there be X1s available for demo at the night ride?
    I'm enjoying my childhood way too much to ever give it up.

mtbr member
    dupicate post
    Last edited by Cat-man-do; 02-11-2013 at 12:52 PM. Reason: dupicate

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smthgfshy View Post
    Gloworm~

Any pics of the new production headstrap?
    Here's mine.

Gloworm X1 - Single LED Light System-img_3513-2.jpg

However I think there was a manufacturing glitch with mine: the band that's supposed to stretch over the top of your head and clip to the light at the front is on upside down. Notice how there's there's 1 hole on each side of the plastic back plate for the strap to pass through except at the top, where there's a second hole.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    X1 and X2 will be available for the demo at SE Bike Expo.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    im not surprised.... my X2 came with wrong velcro straps and was promised to get the correct ones and am yet to receive them and it wont be long before we start riding again. .
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO
    2012 TREK SUPERFLY AL ELITE

ww.glowormlites.co.nz

Gloworm X1 - Single LED Light System

Hey Bapski

Vag will be sending out replacement straps when he returns from his vacation.

Apologies for not getting it to you sooner.

This goes for those others still waiting for a new strap.

Cheers

Bruce

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabertooth37 View Post
    X1 and X2 will be available for the demo at SE Bike Expo.

Thanks, looking forward to checking out the X1 in person.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloworm Manufacture View Post
    Hey Bapski

Vag will be sending out replacement straps when he returns from his vacation.

Apologies for not getting it to you sooner.

This goes for those others still waiting for a new strap.

Cheers

Bruce

thanks. will wait and see..
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO
    2012 TREK SUPERFLY AL ELITE

mtbr member
    I see what you guys mean when you say the X1 on the helmet and the X2 on the bars is the perfect setup. Because it is. I've been riding with my X2 alone on my helmet and it's been a good setup but I demoed the X1 on a night ride Saturday with my X2 on my bars and I was really impressed. Good job Gloworm, nice light set.

mtbr member
    @Gloworm; Is there any time table on when you might start selling the X1 and X2 with the XM-L2?

mtbr member
    Can anyone tell me under what circumstances the battery fuel level indicators (40, 80, 100%) are supposed to light up? I've been using my X1 for close to 2 months now and, even when it's fully charged, the fuel level indicator lights never come on. I haven't done any huge rides, but I've done a few 40-50 minute trips running mostly on high, and the fuel gauge never lights up to indicate a drop below even 80%.

The other behaviour I've noticed, which has so far only occurred once, is having the light head flicker off while on high, then ramp down to a low setting. Thinking it was the temperature sensor kicking in to protect the circuitry, I felt the light head, but it was barely warm. I tried switching it off and turning it on again, but it would only turn on to low, and after a few seconds it shut off entirely. I recharged the battery after that and it seems to work again normally, however I can't help but think the battery isn't fully charging. I rarely use the light for more than an hour without a full recharge.

mtbr member
    I've been using the X1 for 2 months now. I can't say when it hits specific indicator lights, since I don't measure it during the ride. If I start riding at sunset at the lowest setting, then go to mid, I easily have 40% left after 2 hours. The thing I love about this light is how well it works on the road bike. I also have the X2. The X1 and battery pack are light and last long enough for 40 mile after work rides in the dark. The X2 is much brighter and appreciate it when I'm riding when it's completely dark. I did one ride with both and blinded oncoming cars.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Hey Fuzzy

It sounds like you have a defective battery. The indicator lights should light up when the light is on.

The flickering you get is when the battery reaches the low voltage threshold and is warning you that you are running out of power.

Unless overridden and lowered to a low setting it will ramp down until finally it will extinguish.

You should be getting at least 2 hours out of the battery.

My advice is to return the battery to the vendor you received it from and get them to substitute it for a new one. They will then return the faulty one to us and we'll suss out whats going on.

Hope that helps?

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm NZ

mtbr member
    Just wanted to follow up my previous message with an apology for being a complete idiot. Suffice it to say, the battery is fine, and the fuel gauge does light up. Next time, I will endeavour to be more patient by waiting at least 2 seconds after powering on before placing the battery inside my coat pocket.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

X1 Videio Test

Here is a quick video with the X1 using the standard optics.

"By Your Command"

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11