Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    Trying to decide between another X2 w/ spot optics for the helmet ( I have one on the bars now ) or the X1 (both with the 2 cell battery pack).
    Go and get the X1. It has a lot more efficiency and throw. I have a light with 7 XM-L U2 Led on the bar and ordered the X1 for the helmet or even even for the bar with a flood optic installed if i wish to ride with a small setup.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Think I will be going with the X1. Sounds like a great little light

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Already own the X2 which I've been impressed with. Rode with the addition of my new X1 last night have to say what a great combo they are!! Impressive lights in every way enabling any speed I choose.

Mounting the X1 to the helmet was a bit of a faff due to vents (Giro Atmos road) but I eventually found a good location and mounting using additional Hook and Loop strips not supplied.

I'll try a get some pictures up!

Also I'd recommend ordering the CNC bar mount for either X1/X2 - shame this is not included in the package.

DC

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Think I will be going with the X1. Sounds like a great little light
    I too recommend the X1 for your helmet especially if you already own a descent bar light. I think they nailed it on this one. I feel like my search for the perfect helmet light finally came to the end.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    First test ride done. Here the ground and trails are snow covered, so X1 has totally enough light even on low trail mode for slow Fatbike riding and on medium mode it has plenty light with standard optic. It is very nice, that X1 is the only light I need at least in winter time, when the ground is snow covered.(of course I carry small flash light as pack up light) The light system is so light and both light head and battery stayed places as clued on helmet, that i didn't notice it at all.
    When the battery started to run out of charge the remote control didn't obey every press. I had to press several times to change light modes. First impression is still very posivite.

Now I have to wait for euro type adapter to arrive before next test ride, because I got by accident uk type charger.
    Last edited by 127; 01-09-2013 at 09:41 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Hi guys,
    I finally got my light. It is really impressive and just suits my expectations! Here is my custom made Gopro Mount for endless mounting options. I also tested it with my suction cup and it worked perfectly.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f3ujuqqhlrxk4hb/0ZgPg5VGp6

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    When changing the Optics what is the order in which the components (o-ring, protective lens, bezel) should be re-fitted?

DC

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by c11pra dc View Post
    When changing the Optics what is the order in which the components (o-ring, protective lens, bezel) should be re-fitted?

DC
    Optic -> protective lens -> O-ring -> bezel
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Action LED Lights View Post
    Optic -> protective lens -> O-ring -> bezel
    Thanks for that! - The manual isn't clear and seems to suggest "optic, o-ring, protective lens, bezel"

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by c11pra dc View Post
    Thanks for that! - The manual isn't clear and seems to suggest "optic, o-ring, protective lens, bezel"
    Great work on picking that one up!

That seems to be a hangover from the X2 order of assembly. We'll get that changed in the next print.

Thanks

Bruce
    Gloworm

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Good news!! I just received my X1 order from Action LED (my second Gloworm product from Action, with great service and fast shipping) and I must say it is a neat little light package. The light head itself is very lightweight, and combined with the 2 cell battery pack, I can hardly notice any additional weight on my helmet.

After mounting the light to my helmet (the elastic Velcro strap is a great idea, I am thinking it could really save the light/my neck when I clip a low branch), I mounted the battery pack and checked to see that the battery indicator was at 100%. I fired up the X2on the handlebar, X1 on the helmet and rode off into the night.

The combination of the X2ís flood capabilities (I currently have the standard flood/spot optic installed) along with the long distance and concentrated spot of the X1 is a great combination. I like that the X2 lights up everything directly in front of me, and wherever I turn my head, the X1 is there to illuminate any object my little heart desires.
    In the future I would like to swap out the optics in the X2 and see what combination would work best, but for now I will just ride with what Iíve got.

I do have two minor complaints regarding the X1. The first one really is my fault, but I guess I am putting it out there as more of a word of advice for first time users. Even though the battery indicator showed 100% right out of the box, the light only lasted 45 minutes before it started to provide the warning flashes, indicating that I was running out of juice. The second issue I personally find to be disappointing is the fact the X1 light comes with X2 instructions. I think it would have taken me less than 8 hours to revamp the information so it is accurate and well laid out for X1 users.

Action LED Lights
    Jonshonda,
    It seems Gloworm got the wrong instructions in some of the sets. The proper ones are available on our support page or at the Gloworm site.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Good news!! I just received my X1 order from Action LED (my second Gloworm product from Action, with great service and fast shipping) and I must say it is a neat little light package. The light head itself is very lightweight, and combined with the 2 cell battery pack, I can hardly notice any additional weight on my helmet.

After mounting the light to my helmet (the elastic Velcro strap is a great idea, I am thinking it could really save the light/my neck when I clip a low branch), I mounted the battery pack and checked to see that the battery indicator was at 100%. I fired up the X2on the handlebar, X1 on the helmet and rode off into the night.

The combination of the X2ís flood capabilities (I currently have the standard flood/spot optic installed) along with the long distance and concentrated spot of the X1 is a great combination. I like that the X2 lights up everything directly in front of me, and wherever I turn my head, the X1 is there to illuminate any object my little heart desires.
    In the future I would like to swap out the optics in the X2 and see what combination would work best, but for now I will just ride with what Iíve got.

I do have two minor complaints regarding the X1. The first one really is my fault, but I guess I am putting it out there as more of a word of advice for first time users. Even though the battery indicator showed 100% right out of the box, the light only lasted 45 minutes before it started to provide the warning flashes, indicating that I was running out of juice. The second issue I personally find to be disappointing is the fact the X1 light comes with X2 instructions. I think it would have taken me less than 8 hours to revamp the information so it is accurate and well laid out for X1 users.
    Hello guys,

It will be better you fully charge your battery before the first use as the batteries are half charged out of the box.

Regarding some boxes coming with X2 instruction this is our packing department mistake and we apologize for this. They should be few boxes like this and we'll be shipping new manuals to all our distributors to throw in your boxes.

We would also like to announce that there was a delay with the new head straps but finally they areproduced and will be all shipped from our facility this week. This means it will reach all of you in less than 10 days.

Cheers,
    Vag

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I was out for about an 45 minutes at 10ish degrees and the X1 started flashing at me. It am sure if it could talk it would have been screaming "brrrrr.......you s.o.b., get me back inside before I leave you standing here in the dark!!"

Time to invent a battery heater.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    I was out for about an 45 minutes at 10ish degrees and the X1 started flashing at me. It am sure if it could talk it would have been screaming "brrrrr.......you s.o.b., get me back inside before I leave you standing here in the dark!!"

Time to invent a battery heater.
    I gather you're in the USA? As you've pointed out batteries do not like the cold (extreme)...for those in countries that have adopted the metric system 10 deg is about -12 deg C.

Damn - quite chilly!

Bruce

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Yes, that is cold, but I will be riding in colder!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Got a chance to run the X1 thru its paces last night. It's hard to believe how much light this little unit puts out. Very impressed !!! Attached are some pictures showing it mounted to my helmet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gloworm X1 - Single LED Light System-xen-1.jpg  

Gloworm X1 - Single LED Light System-xen2.jpg  

Gloworm X1 - Single LED Light System-xen-3.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Nice setup!! Odd switch location.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    have you actually screwed it to your lid!?!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    There are no holes drilled into the helmet... The X1's light head is secured to a mounting adapter located inside the helmet. Here is what the adapter looks like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gloworm X1 - Single LED Light System-x1-adapter.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    After posting the above image. I noticed that I forgot to show the angle of the adapter where it makes contact with the helmet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gloworm X1 - Single LED Light System-x1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Nice idea, makes fitting quite simple and secure I imagine

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Nice work MDEMM,
    Since it has to be mounted either left or right of the helmet's centre vane do you notice the beam is biased towards one side as the X1 is more of spot light than a flood light?
    So does it bother you when riding twisty type tracks as it points off to one side rather than being centred? Will obviously have one point in the distance when it's centred but closer and further away than that point it wouldn't be.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    The light head is mounted centerline on the helmet. Maybe this photo will help put it more into perspective...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gloworm X1 - Single LED Light System-xen-4.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Doh, sorry it is too. I didn't look close enough.
    What have you put on the bottom of the X1 mount or is that just the foam it comes with?.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast