mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Geoman product requests

I'm comfortable spending money with Geoman any day, so I'd like to make a few product requests.

1. XML powered MJ808
    2. Quad XPG version of the bikeray 3 - aka bikeray 4?

The MJ-808 could stand an upgrade from the p7 and I've seen a few vendors offering just such a product. I also saw the "foride" quad XPG from light and go featured in the MTBR shootout. It looks super appealing. I already rock the bikeray 3 on the bar, but that quad just looks amazing. Any hints you can send our way on carrying two products like these? I could purchase both of these products from other vendors right now, but I'd rather keep my money with good customer service if I'm able.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by khskenny
    I'm comfortable spending money with Geoman any day, so I'd like to make a few product requests.

1. XML powered MJ808
    2. Quad XPG version of the bikeray 3 - aka bikeray 4?

The MJ-808 could stand an upgrade from the p7 and I've seen a few vendors offering just such a product. I also saw the "foride" quad XPG from light and go featured in the MTBR shootout. It looks super appealing. I already rock the bikeray 3 on the bar, but that quad just looks amazing. Any hints you can send our way on carrying two products like these? I could purchase both of these products from other vendors right now, but I'd rather keep my money with good customer service if I'm able.
    I do believe Geoman has already commented on the two products you have mentioned. Not long ago I asked him about the XML MJ808 and he said he had been testing one. He has also commented on getting the Bikeray IV ( with 15 degree optics ). Since he already deals with MS the XML version shouldn't be too far off. The Bikeray IV maybe by Summer (?)....I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong.

GeoMan
    Exactly right Cat, we are testing a number of different prototypes at the moment just to make sure we have the right stuff. We sure would like to see a dual XM-L this fall, we have mentioned this to a number of manufacturers, cooling this might be a problem but we'll keep asking.

What we like about the MJ-808 with the P7 is it has 2 years history and has generally been a very solid product, especially in that price range. We have solved the battery issues and it's still affordable at the same price with our US battery as it was with the problematic Chinese batteries. We will keep testing until we are 100% happy with the newer items, we have made suggestions on improvements already and are waiting to see what the results produce.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do
    I do believe Geoman has already commented on the two products you have mentioned. Not long ago I asked him about the XML MJ808 and he said he had been testing one. He has also commented on getting the Bikeray IV ( with 15 degree optics ). Since he already deals with MS the XML version shouldn't be too far off. The Bikeray IV maybe by Summer (?)....I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong.
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com