Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I just got my replacement battery in the mail today. I literally sent my form in on December 31st. Personally, I'm glad Geo stepped up and did the right thing by 1) informing their customers of the problem 2) going through the legal issues of a formal recall and 3) replacing the affected batteries. I'm sure they took a huge financial hit for this. I would not hesitate buying another lightset from this company.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by punkaccountant View Post
    I just got my replacement battery in the mail today. I literally sent my form in on December 31st. Personally, I'm glad Geo stepped up and did the right thing by 1) informing their customers of the problem 2) going through the legal issues of a formal recall and 3) replacing the affected batteries. I'm sure they took a huge financial hit for this. I would not hesitate buying another lightset from this company.
    Shocks,Pegs...Lucky!

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    Thanks Geoman, I just got my replacement battery . I too, put off doing the form until mid December...
    Frankly I felt a bit guilty as I got a good 2 seasons of use out of it (light use) and felt i got my money's worth.

I need to find something to buy from you again, whether I need it or not!!!!

CDT

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CdaleTony View Post
    Thanks Geoman, I just got my replacement battery . I too, put off doing the form until mid December...
    Frankly I felt a bit guilty as I got a good 2 seasons of use out of it (light use) and felt i got my money's worth.

CDT
    I think I remember Hearing that this hit them with a close to $700, 000 bill. They did right by all of us by doing this. it would have been great if it went real smooth and everybody got their battery's immediately. They did the best they could with the resources available to them.. Sure I had to buy 6 extra battery's just to get me thru the recall period but I dont hold Geoman responsible for that, If you want to be mad at anyone get pissed at Magicshine they are the ones that made the Sh*tty batteries to begin with, The moment Geoman realized there was a issue he did the right thing for his customers and went thru this process to remedy the Issue. Sure some have not received theirs yet but they will. and you will in fact get MORE than you paid for with this top of the line high quality replacement pack. I for one feel I owe Geoman a great big thank you for trying their best to take care of his customers
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking

night riding enthusiast
    I can understand the bitterness that some people feel for not getting a working light and battery, but it's obvious that Sheerman went above and beyond what was necessary to see that the right thing was done. Kudos to the guys! $700,000 you say, that's some serious wonga.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CdaleTony View Post

CDT
    +1 - I waited until January to submit the paperwork, got the replacements today. Thanks Geoman, I will be placing a thank you order shortly.

Tribe Member
    I submitted mine on Dec 30th of 2011. My battery showed up about a week ago.
    If Zen/Crappy have time to post all day long in one sentence intervals here...it could take them weeks to send a simple email to GEOMAN.

Thanks for the support GEOMAN. New battery and light work great.
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

Wino
    Quote Originally Posted by TiGeo View Post
    Cranky, how better do you think Geoman could have handled this? He has to recall and replace ~10K batteries. This takes time in processing, manufacturing, etc. Again, convenience isn't always guaranteed; he will get his battery, it will just take a long time. If he got an email a week saying "We still don't have them" I bet this guy would still say "GEOMAN SUCKS". If this were me, I would have purchased the better battery for a whopping $25 (less than tank of gas) that was available faster and called it done. You can buy a complete battery/light for $75. Problems happen, deal with them and move on.
    A post in another thread said it's over 19K recalls, so just throwing that out there, a small company trying to replace 19,000 units.
    Me. The chosen one. They chose me. And I didn't even graduate from fu**ing high school.

night riding enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gofannon View Post
    A post in another thread said it's over 19K recalls, so just throwing that out there, a small company trying to replace 19,000 units.
    That's some serious money... I hope Magicshine is recompensing them for their efforts... Wouldn't hold out much luck, though.
    Click the thumbs up button if you have a thumb...

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GraXXoR View Post
    That's some serious money... I hope Magicshine is recompensing them for their efforts... Wouldn't hold out much luck, though.
    MS didn't contribute a thing to this recall. It was all out of Geomangear's pocket.

For all the b!tching they did, Cranky/Zen sure did disappear after Geoman posted. Wusses I tell ya'.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    For all the b!tching they did, Cranky/Zen sure did disappear after Geoman posted. Wusses I tell ya'.

I'm guessing it was confirmed Cranky was a duplicate account.

zenmster
    locked - time out

CrankyPooper
    banned
    KHS
    Motobecane
    Fisher
    Kona

night riding enthusiast

CrankyZen

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJETT View Post
    I'm guessing it was confirmed Cranky was a duplicate account.

zenmster
    locked - time out

CrankyPooper
    banned
    Erm yep.. Just check out these two posts from earlier this thread.

Classic Oops Moment...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GeoMan Gear SUCKS!-screen-shot-2012-02-20-11.06.22-pm.png  

Click the thumbs up button if you have a thumb...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5