Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Cranky -can't you change your name or something? Seriously.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Not really since I started this thread!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    got my battery back from them. they were really nice. sorry you had a bad experience,,seems like they really try hard to do the right thing.

Its got what plants crave
    I didn't even get a recall letter or email. I already bought a new light, I don't have time to wait 2 years for my 80 dollar China light to get warrantied. So I bought another China light to replace it with. I don't even really expect or care that my old light's batteries failed after about a year of use. No other manufacturer would warranty batteries nearly a year after purchase especially on such a cheapo light.
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Thx Rusta - my biggest problem is I just cannot afford to pay $ for new batteries and so I wait it out. Some people have more liquid $ to spend on this sport. I don't. Times are hard and harder for others -and it is what it is.

The upside of not having much liquid is that I've had to learn to fix and maintain my bike more than I thought I ever would.

GeoMan
    Hi Zenmster

Sorry that you have experienced this issue with your recall claim. Would you mind emailing reade@geomangear.com so we can resolve this issue. We are processing claims received in January 2012 at the moment, we are 99% complete on all claims received to date. There have been many parties involved in the process so please email your info so we can correct any issue that may have existed with your claim.

Thanks
    GeoMan

Quote Originally Posted by zenmster View Post
    Thx Rusta - my biggest problem is I just cannot afford to pay $ for new batteries and so I wait it out. Some people have more liquid $ to spend on this sport. I don't. Times are hard and harder for others -and it is what it is.

The upside of not having much liquid is that I've had to learn to fix and maintain my bike more than I thought I ever would.
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

mtbr member
    I also bought a new MS light. I still have the old one, carry it sometimes as a backup on longer rides. IMHO they are well worth the $.
    2010 Trek Rumblefish
    2013 Trek Cobia

mtbr member
    $25...really?
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Here is an expensive but long term solution. Buy a Niterider 750 at REI. Its expensive but you can return it whenever for whatever reason and get a replacement. FOREVER.

Sucks to spend the extra money but its great that the investment won't be wasted.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TiGeo View Post
    $25...really?
    Maybe I'm mistaken as to which light this thread is about? It wasn't a $25 light. See:

http://www.amazon.com/MagicShine-MJ-...8616991&sr=8-1
    2010 Trek Rumblefish
    2013 Trek Cobia

mtbr member
    I was refering to the comment that he couldn't afford the pay $25 to expedite getting a new battery through the upgrade geoman offered. I just don't buy it. $25? Thats less than a tank of gas.

mtbr member
    Sorry, your comment came right after mine.... I agree with you 100%.
    2010 Trek Rumblefish
    2013 Trek Cobia

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    There was a "problem" with my recall form and the third party never bothered to follow up.

After months and months, I received batteries that can't be unplugged from and replugged into the light head without resetting them with the charger.

Check out Baja Designs...

banned
    Feb 2012
    Regarding the post that these are considered disposable batteries - I never considered GeomanGear Lights to be disposable. I spent in the neighborhood of $250-$300-ish on mine. Hmmmmm...

banned
    Feb 2012
    sorry, I meant disposable lights, not batteries.

mtbr member
    I got the 808s and they were $80 a piece. Less than 1/2 of big names so while I wouldn't say disposable they aren't exactly expensive.

mtbr member
    I probably shouldn't post this but WTH...

"Z"ster....so G-man finally shows up and offers an olive branch. AFTER ALL THIS TIME!
    Are you gonna sit there and take that? I guess you and him are bosom-buddies now.
    Yep, old G-man put the smooth-move on you and now you're as quiet as a mouse. Such a nice little mouse now aren't we? Would mousy like some cheese?... good mouse, nice and quiet mouse. ( ...I know, I know, I just couldn't help myself...Me'sa sorry...

mtbr member
    My experience with Geomangear is that they do NOT suck and that they actually rule.

night riding enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusHQ View Post
    My experience with Geomangear is that they do NOT suck and that they actually rule.
    Here's an ancient chinese proverb I've just invented:
    One man's suck is another man's rule.

I always used to suck my 1ft rule In maths class.... Does that count?
    (o_O)
    Click the thumbs up button if you have a thumb...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrankyPooper View Post
    Regarding the post that these are considered disposable batteries - I never considered GeomanGear Lights to be disposable. I spent in the neighborhood of $250-$300-ish on mine. Hmmmmm...
    zen, I think you forgot to logout Cranky to post this.
    KHS
    Motobecane
    Fisher
    Kona

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    I probably shouldn't post this but WTH...

"Z"ster....so G-man finally shows up and offers an olive branch. AFTER ALL THIS TIME!
    Are you gonna sit there and take that? I guess you and him are bosom-buddies now.
    Yep, old G-man put the smooth-move on you and now you're as quiet as a mouse. Such a nice little mouse now aren't we? Would mousy like some cheese?... good mouse, nice and quiet mouse. ( ...I know, I know, I just couldn't help myself...Me'sa sorry...
    I laughed my ass off on this. that's some funny chit
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking

mtbr member
    Yeah, I figured every one needs a good laugh once and in while. Hopefully he has a sense of humor.

He did deserve the poke though...

HTFU!
    Ha, just came across this thread and read it beginning to end (20 minutes of my life I will never get back). Anyway, it is obvious that zen and cranky are the same poser...err poster. Besides the apprarent slip up mentioned above, the posts share similar linguistic trends, and the seem to like to post two to three consecutive posts at a time. Funny stuff.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Zenmster is the yin to CrankyPooper's yang.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I purchased 3 systems from GeoMan Gear and only warrantied 1 battery. It has been over a year and nothing but run around. I disposed a working battery and sent that form and still no battery. I belong to the "GEOMAN SUCKS" fanclub. Yes I purchased a ebay replacement battery. So I feel the $25 I spent to replace my battery is my fee to say "GEOMAN SUCKS". OK were even now!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast