Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 112
  1. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    167
    How do you even know if they got the paperwork if they're not confirming anything osmarandsara? The main concern I have isn't the time frame of replacement but I dont' know if I'm even in the line....

    ?

  2. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SuperJETT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    539
    All this over what, a $30 battery pack? Put your effort and frustration into resolving your problem and move on. Buy a new battery pack and move on with your life. If you do get your replacement, which you probably will, consider that a bonus and keep it as a spare or sell it.
    KHS
    Motobecane
    Fisher
    Kona

  3. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    167
    Joedirt!


  4. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    167
    Jugg you're totally missing the point. But then again, you already know that.

  5. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    167
    What is your problem SuperJETT? At least I have a reason to be here on this thread...what's yours? You can carry on for others on this thread to read, I'm putting you on ignore. Peace be with you little guy.

  6. #56
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,323
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJETT View Post
    It's pretty much confirmed.
    Add in this and a couple more Geomangear threads, and you have a duplicate account.
    'they' 'both ' don't apparently know how to quote who they are responding to - several posts in a row responding way back previous in the thread to someone - hard to follow when you have to click back and scroll just to piece it together

    Forum usage - learn it
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  7. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    94
    This has to be a top five thread! Hilarious. Zen and pooper - keep it uP, I'm sure you will get your battery someday.

  8. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    167
    Elacrosse7 - you just made me poop my pants - but I wasn't cranky!!!!
    Thx for the light hearted commentary!

    Gorgeous day - I may just put on my lights w/o a battery for show today!!!! LOL

  9. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,822
    Here's a couple of posts, one from a while ago and one from last week. In the second on GM came forward to help the dude out. The guy refers to me as a "fanboy" cause I compare REI to GM due to custie service. I do feel your pain about not having lights. I've got 2 kids and night riding/skiing is basically the only time I can get out. This being the reason for me initially buying a replacement battery before my recalls got to me. Also the reason I went ahead and bought the upgrades before my recall batteries got to me. If I were you I'd go ahead and buy the replacement battery and get out and ride. Once the recall battery gets to you sell the whole light system, w/ 2 batteries and buy something you think you'll be happy with. Also, experiences like yours seem to be the exception, not the rule. Have faith, master of Zen...

    Quote Originally Posted by jugdish View Post
    Restating the obvious...

    I think all you folks complaining are funny. First off I rode with the recalled batteries (probably 10-15x's) after the initial notice. Keep an eye on them while charging, no worries otherwise. I recycled mine (have to admit I thought twice about it cause they worked fine) a couple days after the recall got to me, bought another cheap battery from him and have done another 8-10 rides I'm guessing with that battery. I'll happily drop $50 to get the upgraded battery (now) and continue riding into fall. I'm as strapped for cash as the next guy but riding at night is what I do, I set my priorities and spend my money where it hopefully benefits me the most. In this case it was upgrading.

    Now I've got my upgrades, done another 3-4 rides with them. I also run the Y cable w/ 2 900's... plenty o' run time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jugdish View Post
    +1
    Yeah, I guess I am a "fanboy." I do compare the two because quite honestly I've had great service from both.
    Couple questions, did you research lights before purchase? Did you research MS on MTBR? Did you read the recall threads? If not I guess you should have.
    If you did then you'd know that GM went above and beyond in a situation many feel he didn't have to do a thing with other than walk away. Personally, the reason I went with GM in the first place (for cheap Chinese lights) was the reputation the original owner who passed away had. I bought a couple of months before the recall. When I read about the recalls I thought I was screwed, and I had talked a friend into MS through GM as well.
    After I read the threads I figured the people who had issues with the batteries were not overseeing them while charging and rode with the recalled batteries until I had another light source. Then I returned them and got a better battery for nothing. My friend had the same experience.
    I'm still riding them and feel that as long as GM is in buisiness they'd help me with any issues I had. I bought MS, a cheap- ass light system after riding NightRiders for years. I knew I was getting a light made in China and expected it to be a hell of a lot cheaper (quality) than it was. Add GM service and the new batteries after the recall, I'm happy as a pig (fanboy) in *****. I might have close to 100 rides with just more than $300 spent.
    So yeah, sorry you're bitter cause you made a mistake. I'm charging my batteries right now and riding tomorrow. Good luck, I hope it works out for you.
    "Then I returned them and got a better battery for nothing."- actually this never happened, I spent the $25 per battery for the upgraded batteries and never did wait for the recalls. Short term memory loss...
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

  10. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,665
    Quote Originally Posted by zenmster View Post
    I'm expressing my thoughts on my experience with them and if you don't like it then stop reading.Last I heard this is America freedom of expression is still permitted. These are my extremely frustrating and negative experiences with GeoMan Gear. Take it, leave it, or ignore it...I dont' really care.
    Hey Zen, sorry to hear you still haven't gotten your replacement battery. Pretty much I think you've made your point. Everyone get's to complain now and then and for the most part if you don't complain sometimes things don't get done as they should.

    Still, there is a fine line between making a problem known or crossing that line and risk becoming what could be called, " a serial whiner". Not that I'm calling you that. We've all heard the expression, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease". Most times that saying holds true. However if the person with the grease refuses to respond you're either going to have to get your own grease or take the wheel off and get a new one. If you just keep complaining without end do not be foolish enough to think that the problem will get resolved. At some point you just have to move on or risk getting tagged as a "Serial Whiner".

    Anyway, I hope you get your battery because these kinds of threads are the pits. If it were me and it was my battery that never came....after all this time... ( ) I would cut my losses and just be sure to note my opinion on future threads when people are looking for reliable vendors. In my opinion, that is the best way to handle this issue.

  11. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    929
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJETT View Post
    Oh, shush. I'm pretty sure 90% of the age appropriate posters here would fall silent in the presence of women like those in that photo...

    -j

  12. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    167

    thx jug

    I appreciate your post....

  13. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,621
    You state that you mailed the paperwork in June, 2011. According to the "Magicshine Battery Recall" page, that would place you in the group that should have received your replacement batteries in late Nov., 2011. The fact that you have not received the batteries indicates that you have been "lost in the system". The fault could be with USPS, the "Recall Processing Company", Geomangear, or the carrier of the replacement batteries.

    At this point, you need to e-mail to geoman@geomangear.com, an nice message explaining the situation and repeat this every two days until you get it taken care of. Do not wait for months for a response or express a sh!tty attitude. Include your name, your address that Geoman would have on file from your original purchase, your Recall PIN Number (hope you kept a copy as should be done) and your phone number. Thank them for their help in resolving the matter.

    While I feel for you, Geomangear has an excellent and well deserved reputation for customer service. It's a shame you have fallen through the crack (so to speak). With the right approach, you should be able get this taken care of quickly.
    Last edited by gmcttr; 02-05-2012 at 08:36 PM.

  14. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    167
    How people keep responding throughout the daylight hours of beautiful weather like this? Maybe there's a separate sect of "virtual" mtbrs who mostly live in these places. Because only God knows.

  15. #65
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,323
    Quote Originally Posted by zenmster View Post
    How people keep responding throughout the daylight hours of beautiful weather like this? Maybe there's a separate sect of "virtual" mtbrs who mostly live in these places. Because only God knows.
    ^^^ ironic post?
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  16. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    167
    Ok, what's your phone number! I'll call you right now!

  17. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SuperJETT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    539
    Please either quote who you're responding to or mention it in your post.

    Who are you going to call and why?

    And why isn't crankypoopster posting any more?

    BTW, it's 44F and wet/windy here, no trail riding for a while.
    KHS
    Motobecane
    Fisher
    Kona

  18. #68
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,323
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJETT View Post
    Please either quote who you're responding to or mention it in your post.
    no doubt
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  19. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    94

    ... and if we just ...

    Quote Originally Posted by zenmster View Post
    How people keep responding throughout the daylight hours of beautiful weather like this? Maybe there's a separate sect of "virtual" mtbrs who mostly live in these places. Because only God knows.
    Cool invention several years ago - mobile phone. No need to be at home in front of your desktop.

  20. #70
    night riding enthusiast
    Reputation: GraXXoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by zenmster View Post
    How people keep responding throughout the daylight hours of beautiful weather like this? Maybe there's a separate sect of "virtual" mtbrs who mostly live in these places. Because only God knows.
    Gmcctr gave you advice which you summarily ignored before posting the above pointless "comment".

    FFS ZenPooper give it a rest. Your constant whinging and sniping is bringing this thread's level down to that of a scrap in a high school yard, which is where I suspect you are writing your posts from.

    You think you live in the only country on the planet? Or are somehow subjected to the One True Weather?

    What were you doing writing at 5:30am anyway... Oh wait, that would be that cunning concept called TIME ZONES.

    You're either a teenage troll or just plain thick, I'm having trouble deciding.

    People, stop giving this chump advice. He's not listening. He's devolved from ranting on about Geoman to insulting members of this forum, which is way off topic.
    Last edited by GraXXoR; 02-05-2012 at 07:07 PM.

  21. #71
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    26
    Interesting hypothesis that I am Zen or is it Zen is me? I haven't been a member long enough to even figure out the people to fashion an appropriate reply but clearly there is a pecking order here or at least a number of different types of people that populate this forum. I only expressed my opinion on this matter. That's it - sorry, I'm not part of any conspiracy theory but if you feel the need to create one, I love good stories.

  22. #72
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    26

    No good no way I've got the time to go through all the posts so I'll start with the one right

    in front of me - Graxxor I gotta say you're reply is a little inappropriate not to say inflammatory. Is that what MTBR is all about? Honestly, this is not what I expected

    Gotta say, I love the icons you can post here. Hilariously funny.

  23. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rakuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    721
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking


  24. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Sarguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    817
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    'they' 'both ' don't apparently know how to quote who they are responding to - several posts in a row responding way back previous in the thread to someone - hard to follow when you have to click back and scroll just to piece it together

    Forum usage - learn it
    Hard to scroll with the troll!
    2010 Trek Rumblefish
    2013 Trek Cobia

  25. #75
    I'm your density
    Reputation: random walk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,258
    Take a page out of Huckin' Kitty's skillz book... rise above the train wreck!


Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •