Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    banned
    Feb 2012

I don't know about you guys

but waiting 9 months and not even getting confirmation that they had all the appropriate paperwork (or did I misunderstand?) and being kept in the dark -that's pretty dang lame.

Apparently they subcontracted out to a company to help them...how hard would it have been to create a table which I'm sure they have of the people who have submitted the paperwork and are in the cue? They could even through a simple script create a pw - based webpage/table so you would only see your information and keep others private. I'm a NOVICE programmer and I could do that in my sleep with both hands tied behind my back.

banned
    Feb 2012
    you know abacojeff - at first I was laughing with you, then you disappointed me. Ah well, such is life.

banned
    Feb 2012
    SUPERJET - NOW THAT WAS FUNNY!!!!!! lol

mtbr member
    Does anyone else get the feeling that zenmster wasn't getting the answers he wanted so he is now crankypooper continuing the fight as a '3rd party'?
    KHS
    Motobecane
    Fisher
    Kona

banned
    Feb 2012

Cranky Pooper is

Interesting hypothesis...don't know what to say about that...would you like me to submit to a polygraph? I can also send you some dna if you'd like. Talk about paranoid people. Wow.

banned
    Feb 2012
    Interesting forum. I never thought to join groups like this because I posited it would be boring and uneventful- but quite honestly it's like one big dysfunctional family.

banned
    Feb 2012
    This is a question to the entire group who's reading this - did anyone actually see or experience these batteries blow up or go on fire? Zen?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrankyPooper View Post
    This is a question to the entire group who's reading this - did anyone actually see or experience these batteries blow up or go on fire? Zen?
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking

banned
    Feb 2012
    Rakuman - I was wondering what you looked like! Next time nix the striped shirt - it's just "not you!'

mtbr member
    I bought an MS light of a guy on ebay.
    6 months later BAM! Herpes.

Be careful out there kids.

Oh, hey, look over there.. its a serious thread ....
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by znomit View Post
    I bought an MS light of a guy on ebay.
    6 months later BAM! Herpes.

Be careful out there kids.

Oh, hey, look over there.. its a serious thread ....

Got to love Friday nights on MTBR

Time to go lube my chain

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Interesting forum. I never thought to join groups like this because I posited it would be boring and uneventful- but quite honestly it's like one big dysfunctional family.
    Welcome to the family.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    you know abacojeff - at first I was laughing with you, then you disappointed me. Ah well, such is life.
    ahhh, but you don't give me credit for answering your question on recomended lights and reputable sellers.... which happened to include Geomangear.

Now I'm disappointed in you.

Or maybe I'm disappointed in your disappointment in me... or how does that go again?

night riding enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJETT View Post
    Does anyone else get the feeling that zenmster wasn't getting the answers he wanted so he is now crankypooper continuing the fight as a '3rd party'?
    Funny you should say that, I just spotted them both on the magicshine thread, one after other.
    Click the thumbs up button if you have a thumb...

shut up legs
    happy with my lights from GeoMan Gear....they are over their heads with the return and are getting them done as soon as they can.......money, is a major factor I'm sure to do the right thing on their end
    Salsa Mukluk | Salsa Fargo | Surly Krampus
    Mountain Cycle Stumptown

mtbr member
    It's pretty much confirmed.

Does anyone ride Joaquin Miller? I like that for a quick no hassle with (car) traffic ride during the week when I'm in the Oaktown area.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenmster View Post
    This was the first day since the race I jumped on my bike and did some JoaquinA Milla...nice to be back in the saddle. Just signed up for the next Boggs race. Thinking of going up before and riding it for the weekend. Jim wasn't kidding when he touted it as single track heaven!!!!
    I have a friend with a set of DT SWISS Hubs and she wants to rebuild them but when I looked at them I couldn't figure out how to get them unscrewed...anyone have any suggestions on where I'd go for this information regarding the process, tools required, replacement parts needed etc?
    Thank you so much in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenmster View Post
    has anyone ever done an overhaul on one and if so can you direct me to overhaul instructions. I've gone to the DT Swiss website but still have a lot of questions. I"ve already been given some wrong advice on bearings.
    Add in this and a couple more Geomangear threads, and you have a duplicate account.
    KHS
    Motobecane
    Fisher
    Kona

mtbr member
    Someone needs to get back on their MEDS!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

get what you pay for

I didn't get my replacement battery,i given up on it.Should have put the money toward another lupine or jet light.I don't blame geoman for it,it's just the risks of buying cheap lights off the internet.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Rakuman pass the popcorn !@!@!@!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

I dont' really need to fall in line with other MTBRs

I'm expressing my thoughts on my experience with them and if you don't like it then stop reading.Last I heard this is America freedom of expression is still permitted. These are my extremely frustrating and negative experiences with GeoMan Gear. Take it, leave it, or ignore it...I dont' really care.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    and I really love that comment about "throwing vendor under the bus..." -that's pretty lame - what only POSITIVE comments about vendor experiences are allowed and if there are any negative ones - well, that's just unacceptable?
    That's lame. Whatever dude.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    And no, cranky, I don't have any other lights. Been avoiding the night rides. Borrow some every now and then but usually just stay away from the trails after dusk.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    It's good that you stay off the trails after dark. The Trolls might get you. I have bought Geoman lights. I wasn't expecting much for the price. They suprised me no problems. Just buy replacement battries off them. When your replacements come in you have a extra set. I know I'm awesome. Your welcome.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    My replacement batteries also took 8-9 months.....but I did get them.......

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt24 View Post
    Just buy replacement battries off them. When your replacements come in you have a extra set.
    That would be too easy.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast