undercover brother

Gemini titan turns off going over bumps?

SoI have a Gemini titan p7 that I got three weeks ago and tonight (second time using it)it started turning off going over bumps. This is my only light and it cut my night riding pretty short tonight. How's action led's warranty and customer service? My guess is its a faulty or loose wire, and I'm not about to take apart an expensive light.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    You may get a better reply if you contact them directly. Have you emailed them?

undercover brother
    I was planning on emailing them tomorrow morning

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I think you will find the warranty and service to be excellent....no worries.

undercover brother
    E-mail sent. Finger's crossed as my window of riding after work with sunlight is decreasing daily. I know they do not carry the P7 anymore since I bought one of the last few they had, and that's what worries me. I do not want to buy another light!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I had the same issue with my Titan p7. It turns out it was the male connector on the light having a loose connection. Instead of shipping it back to Action Led and being without a light, I cannibalized the extension wire and soldered a new one on.

Gemini makes great lights, but their wiring is suspect. I just received a Xera last night and the extension cable doesn't work out of the box.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tangaroo View Post
    I was planning on emailing them tomorrow morning
    In the mean time you might try trouble shooting the problem. With battery fully charged hook the light up and turn it on low. Very carefully ( one side at a time ) start to flex the wire at the place where it enters the plug(s). If the lamp momentarily cuts out you have an intermittent break in a wire. If the lamp cuts out and doesn't come back on ( when you turn the switch on ) likely you have an intermittent short in a wire. If this happens the battery will automatically shut down. Reset the circuit on the battery by connecting the battery to the charger ( this should work as long as the problem is not with the battery plug. ). Having a multimeter is a big help if you know how to use it.

If the problem is on the battery plug than you can either splice in a new plug or return the battery and get a new battery. If the problem is on the lamp head side you have the same options. Since a new Titan lamp head is no longer available they will likely replace with something better or do the repair themselves.

It's times like this when having an extra battery is very useful in helping you figure out just where the problem lies. Last but not least you can return the whole kit if what I posted sounds too complicated.

undercover brother
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    In the mean time you might try trouble shooting the problem. With battery fully charged hook the light up and turn it on low. Very carefully ( one side at a time ) start to flex the wire at the place where it enters the plug(s). If the lamp momentarily cuts out you have an intermittent break in a wire. If the lamp cuts out and doesn't come back on ( when you turn the switch on ) likely you have an intermittent short in a wire. If this happens the battery will automatically shut down. Reset the circuit on the battery by connecting the battery to the charger ( this should work as long as the problem is not with the battery plug. ). Having a multimeter is a big help if you know how to use it.

If the problem is on the battery plug than you can either splice in a new plug or return the battery and get a new battery. If the problem is on the lamp head side you have the same options. Since a new Titan lamp head is no longer available they will likely replace with something better or do the repair themselves.

It's times like this when having an extra battery is very useful in helping you figure out just where the problem lies. Last but not least you can return the whole kit if what I posted sounds too complicated.
    The customer service rep that I spoke with had me do this exact test. Looks like it is the lamp so I will be shipping it back. I'm going to ship both the battery and lamp back so they can ensure that there is not a problem with the battery either. From what he said, it looks like they will be doing the repair so that will be nice, but I couldn't complain if they gave me a new one either!

I definitely recommend action led lights for anyone, just because of how appropriate and timely their response was .