Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I am a little concerned regarding the reports on the light not turning off and charger not stopping on full batteries. If I recall correctly the problem with indicator led not turning off was widespread with the cheap DealExtreme lights. Of course, the fact that your battery is drained quicker than necessarry is not relevant if your house burns down due to a faulty charger.

Just my thoughts regarding Xera. I am still considering if I should buy one.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by blackDoggy View Post
    I am a little concerned regarding the reports on the light not turning off and charger not stopping on full batteries. If I recall correctly the problem with indicator led not turning off was widespread with the cheap DealExtreme lights. Of course, the fact that your battery is drained quicker than necessarry is not relevant if your house burns down due to a faulty charger.

I have both the Xera and the Titan, I have had no problem with them turning off. But I don't understand why people leave them plugged in to the battery if not using them, the battery will continue to drain.

When I park the bike I unplug the light head from the battery in any event.

I have also had no problems with the chargers. Mine hit green about as I would expect.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Mine have turned green and no problems here. I have 2 Xeras and 2 chargers.

mtbr member
    May 2011

I wouldnt worry too much about the battery indicator light as its low power consumption. I have keep my healight connected with the battery and never had battery life issue. Longest I left it plugged in is almost 2 weeks and the light was still green. Its been raining and been doing a couple day rides so I havent been using my light. If I plan on not using my light for a long period of time I rather disconnect everything and store it in its original box. Dont confuse Gemini lights with no name dealextreme bike lights. The quality of Xera is top notch for the price you are paying. The xera head light is nearly half the size and half the weight of the dealextreme bike lights. The lumen of 800 is pretty accurate as tested in the 2012 light shootout. As for the charger there hasnt been any claim or information about faulty chargers from gemini. There may be other companies with faulty chargers or batteries but you cant put gemini in the same category as they dont use the same items.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I am a little concerned regarding the reports on the light not turning off and charger not stopping on full batteries.
    Important to note here that any reports on XERA are on the gen1 lights which are known to be not the official release of the light and that's why they were free. The official light will have low-med-hi cycling with each button press and hold for 1s to turn off, if I recall correctly.

The charger not stopping was an issue reported on the Titan light by one user so far that I know of. I have two XERA batteries/chargers and no problems there.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

XERA switch inconsistencies?

Do any other gen1 Xera users have intermittent switch behavior where pressing the button enough to "click" it doesn't change the light mode, and you have to actually press the button deep (i.e. all the way in firmly) to get it to switch?

USB Rep'n
    Quote Originally Posted by icycle View Post
    Do any other gen1 Xera users have intermittent switch behavior where pressing the button enough to "click" it doesn't change the light mode, and you have to actually press the button deep (i.e. all the way in firmly) to get it to switch?
    I haven't had that issue at all. So far, everything is perfect and I am thrilled. Heck, I get enough light out of it that I often don't run it on high (on the road, its not needed and off road, I combine it with another light). Sorry, getting off topic, no click problems here, hope its not causing you issues.
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

A guy on a bike Moderator
    No charging issues with my Xera.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Ditto!!! no problems here so far.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Chris,

Have any Gen. 2 Xera lights shipped yet? If not, when will that start happening so everyone will know.

Also, any more info you can give us on the XML triple? Pics, specs, pre-order date, shipping eta etc...
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    I have read the last couple of pages and everyone is talking about the Xera, well except one post. Does anyone else have experience with the Titan? Which has better flood for a bar mount? Actual run time on both? etc...

MTB Trail Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdabeach2001 View Post
    I have read the last couple of pages and everyone is talking about the Xera, well except one post. Does anyone else have experience with the Titan? Which has better flood for a bar mount? Actual run time on both? etc...
    I have the Titan and thus far it seems solid. I have it mounted to the helmet and am using a Lights and Motion on the handle bars. All is good, although I did not get my travel kit as advertised on the Web site, and I am uncertain if what I got has the 'CREE XM-L' upgraded light as that is what I ordered (I had the option). The box I got states that the light is 'SSC P7'. It is interesting though that now the Web site seems to not include the travel kit as 'whats in the box' but the box states it! TBH, that was one of my major selling points....as I wanted the storage for when I was riding day time and didnt want the extra weight on my head.

I will post a pic of it mounted to my helmet later. Also I will do a full review of the Titan on most major MTB Web sites across the US. I am reviewing the new CREE XM-L upgrade from a consumers stand point.

Hey Mr. Chris Lai, can you please comment on some of my concerns. Thanks!
    Last edited by mtbfyrefyter; 11-14-2011 at 11:55 AM.
    PHX, AZ MTBDOC MTB Customs and Repairs

MTB Trail Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by anekin007 View Post
    The delay on the Xera is because its being finalized. Everyone that received them so far are the gen1. As Chris has mention they are working hard to get the final product out and it should be done shortly. You can pick up the titan from their US distributor that someone mention action-led-lights.com. It is actually couple bucks cheaper and shipping is about $10.
    Why when I can get it straight from the source?

MTB Trail Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottR1 View Post
    . Finally, the value of the light, as declared at customs, is $21, but they charge $99 on sale - sounds like someone found a way to cut 80% off their excise taxes. I don't know whether to return this light or give it to my niece, who wants a headlight for her birthday so she can feed her rabbits in the evening.
    Yeah I found that pretty interesting myself. I wonder which government is being fooled on the 'value' of the item? I hope this is not some fly-by-night company. I like the product I have thus far, however, am concerned about a few items that you mentioned. Like the hand stitched head bands....you are correct and on my own, the stitching was not even and done with haste.

I will do a review with lots of photos on what I got today.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I think it depends on how you look at it. Right now there is an inconsistency within government duty fee's. I live in Canada and my Xera had to come through the US/Canada boarder.This time the duty fee's were great at $8:95 Canada post fee's, and no deception on product value. Another time, an honest discloser of battery covers of $60 cost me $41 in duty fee's, as i had mentioned in another thread, and that is pure robbery. So i wouldn't feel as bad as some if the next time the cost of a product decloration was reduced resulting in less duty fee's. That's just my 2cents.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I received my Xera today and the rain started promptly at 10 minutes before full darkness.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    I received my Xera today and the rain started promptly at 10 minutes before full darkness.
    So, it took two weeks for you to get the product?

ouch....
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    Hey, you can test to make sure it holds up in the rain now! Thanks
    Riding.....

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspec View Post
    So, it took two weeks for you to get the product?
    I ordered a gen2 Xera on 10/30 and the product page had a red note stating they would ship in one week. Later, I was notified that due to delays with the gen2 pc board, they would go ahead and send a gen1 light while I waited. I'm expecting the Gen 2 lights to start shipping in a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    Hey, you can test to make sure it holds up in the rain now! Thanks
    Well...I couldn't resist, so I did ride for about 15 minutes before coming in to dry off.

Action LED Lights

CREE or P7

Quote Originally Posted by mtbfyrefyter View Post
    I am uncertain if what I got has the 'CREE XM-L' upgraded light as that is what I ordered (I had the option). The box I got states that the light is 'SSC P7'.
    mtbfyrefyter, You can tell if you have a CREE or SSC-P7 by looking at the LED itself (with it turned off) With the P7 you will see 4 small squares in the center of the clear domewhich is about 1/4" in diameter. With the CREE you see one small square and the dome in only about 1/8" in diameter.

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by anekin007 View Post
    I wouldnt worry too much about the battery indicator light as its low power consumption. I have keep my healight connected with the battery and never had battery life issue. Longest I left it plugged in is almost 2 weeks and the light was still green.
    To answer the question about the battery indicator light, For the Titan, with the light plugged in but off, the current draw is 5 mA. With a 5400mAh battery it would take about 1080 hours to drain the battery or 45 days. Leaving it plugged in for the weekend or week is not to big a deal.

Action LED Lights

Hello MTBR

I'll take a moment to introduce myself. I am Jim Harger, the owner of Action LED Lights. I am a design engineer by trade and one of my last projects in that capacity was designing LED flashlights. That's what lead me in 2009 to Magicshine lights. I was in China on other business and stopped in to see their operation. I was sufficiently impressed that I decided pick some for myself and friends who meet every morning at 5:30 for a 25 mile ride. One thing lead to another and I set up shop on E-bay selling Magicshines. I, along with Jay at Geomangear, were the first 2 MS sellers in the US. A year later I set up an Amazon store and then added Gemini lights in early 2011 as the Titan first came out. (Chris could say for sure but I think I was the first US reseller). Now I have moved into an independent website. (URL withheld do to the newby rule) With my technical background I will try and answer what ever questions I can. I admit I do mostly road riding but do get on the trails occasionally at Rock Cut Park here in Rockford, IL Some great riding if your ever out this way.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Action LED Lights View Post
    I'll take a moment to introduce myself. I am Jim Harger...
    Welcome to the forums. I was wondering how long it would take.

Here ya' go...Action LED Lights - Brilliant lighting for all your biking & outdoor sporting activities.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Jim
    for road bike (bar mount) - would you recommend Titan or Xera?
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Action LED Lights View Post
    I'll take a moment to introduce myself. I am Jim Harger, the owner of Action LED Lights....... I admit I do mostly road riding but do get on the trails occasionally at Rock Cut Park here in Rockford, IL Some great riding if your ever out this way.

Action LED Lights
    Either one would certainly do an excellent job. The amount of light for each is similar. However for the road I like the sharper focus of the Titan to reach farther out for faster speeds. I haven't used a Xera with the reflector but I assume that would give it the same or similar beam.

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast