Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gemini Lights

May the Force be with you

Gemini Lights

I have some of these lights on the way.
    I have some Friends who own Magicshine lights ,so I'm excited to see how these compare.

I plan on giving a full review on here and on my Blog with pictures on the trail.

mtbr member
    Just placed an order as well.

Let me know how you like the lights.

Mine just came yesterday. I haven't had a chance to get on the trail yet , but i hope tomorrow I can test it out.
    So far the light looks pretty good to me.

I will let you know after a ride.

mtbr member
    Mine arrived today so I'll sit down and do a little comparison between my Light & Motion and the Gemini. All in all a pretty good looking little light.

rmi
    Still using dork disk.
    Ordered my Gemini yesterday. Can't wait to get it and start night mountain biking! And being visible to motorists at night!

Ryan

I finally got out tonight and the light was great. I don't care for the mount, but I've been using Niterider Trinewrt. We did a side by side comparison to Magicshine and we found that the Gemini had a wider beam patter and mine at least was a little brighter.
    Four of the five guy's I rode with tonight run Magicshine lights.,

mtbr member
    Fired my new Gemini up last night and compared it to my Light & Motion Seca 400 and to be honest can't tell a huge difference between the two. Now keep in mind this was simply out the back door and there certainly maybe a big difference on the trail. We now have about 8" of snow on the ground so I'm not sure when I'll get out for my next .

mtbr member
    Well I stand corrected!! The Gemini is much brighter than my Light & Motion Seca 400. The beam has a larger spread and is not as concentrated as the Seca. Now I just need to hit the trail.With luck it will stay cold and keep the snow nice and powdery so I can ride Saturday night.

rmi
    Still using dork disk.
    Thanks for the update.

Boy, I am excited to get mine!

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by tailwaters
    Well I stand corrected!! The Gemini is much brighter than my Light & Motion Seca 400. The beam has a larger spread and is not as concentrated as the Seca. Now I just need to hit the trail.With luck it will stay cold and keep the snow nice and powdery so I can ride Saturday night.

rmi
    Still using dork disk.
    Any of you Gemini users ride in WET yet? I was thinking about taking a street/dirtroad night ride tonight. Warmish and drizzling, but I didn't want to fry my new light.

Is "IP65 Weatherproofing" rain proof? Mist proof? None of the above?

Thanks for any input- Ryan

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rmi
    Any of you Gemini users ride in WET yet? I was thinking about taking a street/dirtroad night ride tonight. Warmish and drizzling, but I didn't want to fry my new light.

Is "IP65 Weatherproofing" rain proof? Mist proof? None of the above?

Thanks for any input- Ryan
    IP65 is rain proof.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_Code
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

rmi
    Still using dork disk.
    Awesome! I just went on a nice 1 hour ride from my front door! A little drizzle, but 50 degrees.

Gemini light had only a tiny bit of fog on inside of glass. Hope that is OK....

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by znomit

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    A little condensation on the inside of the lens is pretty standard in rainy or cold weather conditions. Usually the larger the diametre of the lens,the more chance of condensation.

Dirt Deviant
    I dunno, if there is fog on the INSIDE of the glass, doesn't that mean that there is condensation on the electronics as well?
    That doesn't sound good to me. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    Look, whatever happens, don't fight the mountain.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by savagemann
    I dunno, if there is fog on the INSIDE of the glass, doesn't that mean that there is condensation on the electronics as well?
    That doesn't sound good to me. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    The air is hot and humid, condensation forms on the cold bit(the glass). The electronics are ok.

From Lupine Tesla manual....

Opening the Screw Top - moisture inside the lamp: Little moisture on the inner side of the front glass may occur. This is no serious problem and easily to solve. Open the casing. Please open the screw-on top on the front of the casing: Hold the back part of the casing with one hand, with the other hand, turn the srew-on top counter-clockwise. Having removed the top, you can see the reflector, the front glass and the sealing.
    Please notice the right assembling : Reflector glass silicone O-ring.
    Please allow all parts some minutes to dry properly. Sometimes its also helpful cleaning the glass with a soft small towel. Then its time to re-assemble your Tesla. First insert the O-ring silicone sealing properly in the top. Please insert the glass into the top. Now you can close the top.
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

mtbr member
    I ordered up a set of the Gemini lights. So far pretty impressed with the power of this light...although its my first of these new generation lights....its bright! My ride is about 45-55min each way and temps have been in the -15C to -5C range. I have the light on high power and my battery gave the initial warning light (amber) half way home on the second day and it stayed on the high beam all the way home. I unplugged the connector when the bike is parked.

The light and beam are very nice, I think it would be hard to out ride the beam. Not so keen on the oring mount...seems to move a bit after some bumpy snow sections. Other than that, nice tidy fit. Seems a pretty decent light for the price
    I never finish anyth

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Would it be possible, to use the Magicshine light with Gemini charger for spare parts?

mtbr member
    I have heard the connectors are the same, hence the skepticism on how reliable the Gemini batteries hold up.
    I never finish anyth

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorEd
    I have heard the connectors are the same, hence the skepticism on how reliable the Gemini batteries hold up.
    Hmmm.......the connector or my cheap spare phone charger is the same as on my 2000usd LCD TV.

Jokes aside, there are standards for a reason and it doesn't really say anything about quality. Things doesn't have to be propriety to be good quality.
    Last edited by Sebastian78; 12-21-2010 at 01:23 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian78
    Hmmm.......the connector or my cheap spare phone charges is the same as on my 2000 LCD TV.

Jokes aside, there are standards for a reason and it doesn't really say anything about quality. Things doesn't have to be propriety to be good quality.

totally agree! just saying there are quite a few that are negative Gemini because it is similar to the MS system.

so far i really dig mine.
    I never finish anyth

They work Together

mtbr member
    Curious; What has been the duty tax rate charged for shipping the Gemini system in to the US?

Diagnosed with MTB.
    Quote Originally Posted by deano machineo
    Curious; What has been the duty tax rate charged for shipping the Gemini system in to the US?
    Please Check your PM's

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast