mtbr member

Gemini Duo or Magicshine mj-880??????

looking at getting a new helmet light and am stuck between the Gemini Duo and the Magicshine mj-880. Help me decide please, pro's/con's between the two. I am leaning towards the Magicshine because the claimed lumen output and the wide angle lenses available from Action LED Lights. Planing on purchasing a Trion 1300 from Cygo Lights for the bar, I like the completly contained light and I can get a deal on them. Thanks.

mtbr member
    If it's for your helmet, I'd go for the lightest of the two. I just bought the Duo, but haven't done a night ride yet.
    I call him free who is led solely by reason. (Baruch Spinoza)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.A. View Post
    looking at getting a new helmet light and am stuck between the Gemini Duo and the Magicshine mj-880. Help me decide please, pro's/con's between the two. I am leaning towards the Magicshine because the claimed lumen output and the wide angle lenses available from Action LED Lights. Planing on purchasing a Trion 1300 from Cygo Lights for the bar, I like the completly contained light and I can get a deal on them. Thanks.
    880 will be heavy for a helmet light IMO plus you need a six cell to power that beast for decent run time. I would go with a duo with the choices provided. But I would get an Olympia, xera, or Gloworm X1 or x2.

TCW
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    The Magicshine is brighter with better throw but it is heavy and works better with the 6-cell battery, as mentioned above. The newer Duo should be brighter than the previous model and would probably be a good pic. The Gloworm is also nice. I use a Duo on the helmet with an Olympia on the bars. It is a good combo.