Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    So fight, Which one did you buy, the one with XML U2s' or XM-L2's? How does the output compare with your tri-clone lamp? Where did you order from and how long did it take to get to you? Nice to hear that the beam tint is very white. That alone makes these worth buying. I just hope they hold up after using for some time ( without doing any mods ).
    I got the one from FastTech with the XML- U2's. Mine took almost a full month, but they said it got held up in "x-ray scan". Another guy on here had his in like two weeks from FastTech.

I did find it on Wallbuys for a couple dollars less ($48.39), but I've never dealt with them.

I haven't had it on the trail yet, but on the wall I'd say the tri-clone on medium (2 leds) seems slightly brighter, but I think that is just because of the more focused hot spot.
    I really don't like to say too much until I have it on the trail, because I've commented on brightness and beam patterns before after shining them on the wall inside, and then had a very different opinion of them after I get them on a dark tree lined trail.

It is definitely a more evenly spread, floody type light. For that reason it will probably go on my bars.
    I'd love to have the same exact light with either "spot" optics, or just OP textured reflectors to put on my helmet.
    I think that would be the perfect combo!

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bad andy View Post

Those who have ordered please let us know!
    OK, I bought this with hopes of giving to my son who has shown an interest in night riding. I think he will get the Magicshine!

I purchased from here Free shipping 1Set CREE XML2 T6 3B Bike Light 1600lm Waterproof Bicycle Light LED HeadLamp + 8.4v Battery Pack + Charger-in Bicycle Light from Sports & Entertainment on Aliexpress.com but the price seems to have gone up $31 in the last three weeks. Order from Fast Tech for the better deal. Total transit time was about 18 days.

My camera (Canon S95 auto focus) is being weird so here is in the order:

First Pic are the lamp heads.

Second pic is the test shot - cone on top of fire pit is 88 feet from lights. Fire pit to cones is 25 feet, last cone to lights is 13 feet.

Third pic is original magicshine on high.

Fourth pic is Yinding clone on high.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gemini Duo clones-1lightsimg_6056.jpg  

Gemini Duo clones-1testimg_6057.jpg  

Gemini Duo clones-1oldlightimg_6050.jpg  

Gemini Duo clones-1newlightimg_6055.jpg  

Niner Bikes employee. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Niner-...3652275?ref=ts
    Front Range Forum Moderator

mtbr member
    Wow. Yinding is very impressive. Thanks for the pics.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by znomit View Post
    Thanks!!!

How much room is there around the driver?
    I'd like to put a taskled Lflex in there.
    Board is 0.780" in diameter (<20mm). Maximum thickness 0.120".
    LFlex Product Information
    Might not have enough room.

The inside.
    Gemini Duo clones-dsc_0215.jpg

The circuit.
    Gemini Duo clones-dsc_0218.jpg

The inside diameter.
    Gemini Duo clones-dsc_0220.jpg

All the parts disassembled.
    Gemini Duo clones-dsc_0221.jpg

Overall, it's a very simple straight forward design, folks should've thought of this about 5 years ago, it's not like cnc machines weren't available back then.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbubbles View Post
    folks should've thought of this about 5 years ago
    Did, then decided to go smaller, lighter.

For the money those are a great start on a light set though. Pretty clean looking construction. Is the surface the LEDs attach to pressed into the housing or integral to the housing? Can't tell from the pics what it has for strain relief/sealing on the cable entry. How is the sealing on the front and back covers and the sealing on the screws that hold the front and back on?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Vancbiker View Post
    Is the surface the LEDs attach to pressed into the housing or integral to the housing? Can't tell from the pics what it has for strain relief/sealing on the cable entry. How is the sealing on the front and back covers and the sealing on the screws that hold the front and back on?
    The mid metal surface is integral to the housing, the heat transfer is very good.

Similar design to the easy2led housing where the entire piece is machined out.

No strain relief for the cables inside the housing, there is a strain relief for the power cable to the circuit board.

There are silicone rings for the front and back housing plate assemblies, the lens though are "sealed" by a really thin piece of silicone.

It passes for water resistant, but NOT waterproof.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    There is thermal paste between the led and housing. This light piece requires no after delivery diy/qc to get it up and running.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    That's much nicer than a pressed in LED mounting surface. Likely a bit of sealant in the areas that look iffy and you could be nicely waterproof.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Overall, it's a very simple straight forward design
    Many thanks for posting the pics and review! Seems that the light is well-designed indeed...

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Hey Guys,

after the recommandation of leuchte81 for this lamp, I also got my first bike light.
    I'm really happy with this light and think the value for money is really good.
    Mine also took over 1 month for the delivery.

Now after some tests I have some questions and hope you might give me some hints what to do:

- When should I recharge the batteries? When the on/off button turns red, or should I fully empty the batteries?
    - How long does it need to recharge? Can I trust the recharger lamp?
    - Which batteries and case should I buy to improve the duration?

Thanks for you help!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    You can cut off 0.8mm and install. I think fit the size

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Great pics from Mrbubbles for detailed view and 2melow for comparison between the old MS P7 and Gemini clone.
    Yinding beam looks almost perfect. I am also waiting for Yinding from DX, but it seems it somehow stuck at the Beijing airport.
    It will be the main lamp, and my current old MS P7 will become backup. So those beamshots are great reference for me.

@2melow: Can you check if you really have T6 3B bin? and
    can someone measure the current on high on batteries/LEDs/driver ?

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Hi all! Thanks for all the effort you have put into sharing your experience with this light. Today I ordered 3 of them, one to myself and the other to some of my friends.

I was thinking that a extra batteri pack could be nice, but could not find any on the Fasttech website - can you point me in a direction for a good, not to expensive batteri pack? :-)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr3dator View Post
    Hi all! Thanks for all the effort you have put into sharing your experience with this light. Today I ordered 3 of them, one to myself and the other to some of my friends.

I was thinking that a extra batteri pack could be nice, but could not find any on the Fasttech website - can you point me in a direction for a good, not to expensive batteri pack? :-)
    Panasonic, Samsung, Sanyo, or Bak should fit the bill. 30$-60$. I get my lighting gear through Jim [Action Leds] but this battery on amazon looks pretty good which is agressively priced at under 20$
    Replacement 8.4V 6600mAh Rechargeable Battery Pack for Headlamp & Bicycle Light:Amazon:Sports & Outdoors

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    About the packages being stuck in China, that I read several people mentioning. There have been 7 days holiday in China where everything has been standing still - that is probably the reason for the delay that we still are suffering from.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

The inside.
    The circuit.
    The inside diameter.
    All the parts disassembled.
    Overall, it's a very simple straight forward design, folks should've thought of this about 5 years ago, it's not like cnc machines weren't available back then.
    Is this the fast tech light? Did you find screws under the rubber on the mount? I want to purchase one of these, but hate the rubber band mounting mechanism and was hoping I could purchase a cat eye mount or something to hook it on. Thanks for any info.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr3dator View Post
    About the packages being stuck in China, that I read several people mentioning. There have been 7 days holiday in China where everything has been standing still - that is probably the reason for the delay that we still are suffering from.
    I ordered from someone on aliexpress which was a bad idea, it was 40 days ago and never shipped. It just said "status opening" for a month. I opened a dispute. I am thinking about buying from fast tech now.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sxotty View Post
    I ordered from someone on aliexpress which was a bad idea, it was 40 days ago and never shipped. It just said "status opening" for a month. I opened a dispute. I am thinking about buying from fast tech now.
    I bought mine from aliexpress. So it depends on the seller.

Quote Originally Posted by sxotty View Post
    Is this the fast tech light? Did you find screws under the rubber on the mount? I want to purchase one of these, but hate the rubber band mounting mechanism and was hoping I could purchase a cat eye mount or something to hook it on. Thanks for any info.
    This light is the same as the fasttech version. It's a 4mm hex screw, much better than those screws for plastic housing.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Sweet bubbles thanks for the information man!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by artemha View Post
    You can cut off 0.8mm and install. I think fit the size
    Whereabouts would you propose cutting 0.8 mm from an Lflex ?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bhocewar View Post
    @2melow: Can you check if you really have T6 3B bin?
    While your eyes will tell you if the tint is in the ball park, AFAIK there is no way of telling whether the bin is T6 or anything else

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bhocewar View Post

@2melow: Can you check if you really have T6 3B bin?
    I am not sure what I am looking for, apologies.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gemini Duo clones-20131015_202534.jpg  

Niner Bikes employee. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Niner-...3652275?ref=ts
    Front Range Forum Moderator

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Cree do not mark bin or tint codes on their emitters. Really all you'll be able to say is the tint is cool, neutral, or warm. Even that is pretty subjective. When I mention one of my MCE lights looking a little green on the low setting most people don't see it until I switch to a higher level where it gets more white. Without at the very least a calibrated integrating sphere and calibrated constant current power supply, you'll never know what bin you have. I very much doubt that the builders of cheap lights are really stepping up for a premium bin LED. Sure, it's not that much more expensive but at the price level lights are at now saving a dollar on LEDs is going to be very attractive to the builder. Add the fact that the consumer has no ability to tell and you have a sure thing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by find_bruce View Post
    While your eyes will tell you if the tint is in the ball park, AFAIK there is no way of telling whether the bin is T6 or anything else
    Having XML-U2 written on the stars is a good indication that its anything but that
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast