Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    I have ordered the below to test different beam profiles.

20mm 30-Degree Optical Lens for Cree XML T5 / T6 / U2 LED Emitters 20*12.8mm
    20mm 15-Degree Optical Lens/Optic for Cree XM-L LED Emitters 20*12.8mm
    Optical Glass Lens for LED Flashlights (2-Pack) 20mm*1.5mm / for 18650 flashlights
    Cree 60-Degree Spotlight Optical Lens for Cree XR-E (5-Pack)

Should I order a tighter beam for more throw too?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    15 is tight enough I think. I saw 8 somewhere. Where did you get these from? Fasttech? I thought combine 15 & 30, but I ordered just 15 for now.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Fast tech

Kir
    mtbr member
    May 2013
    2xCree XM-L2 2500-Lumen With 2 group modes LED Bicycle Light Lamp(Lamp cap only) - 2LED Bike Light - Led Bike Light - Bicycle Light & Headlamp Worldwide Free Shipping!!!
    First clone of Yinding. Different lenses (beam should be wider), different button and looks like it has 10-steps brightness adjustment.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Kir View Post
    2xCree XM-L2 2500-Lumen With 2 group modes LED Bicycle Light Lamp(Lamp cap only) - 2LED Bike Light - Led Bike Light - Bicycle Light & Headlamp Worldwide Free Shipping!!!
    First clone of Yinding. Different lenses (beam should be wider), different button and looks like it has 10-steps brightness adjustment.
    A clone of a clone?
    Or is that a son of a clone?

mtbr member
    Its head-only which is nice but it doesn't show the plug which I assume is a MS type. How do they do this? Do they watch sites like this to see what is hot and then the cloners go crazy and start knocking them off? Seems like that is what happened with the Solarstorm X2.
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TiGeo View Post
    Its head-only which is nice but it doesn't show the plug which I assume is a MS type. How do they do this? Do they watch sites like this to see what is hot and then the cloners go crazy and start knocking them off? Seems like that is what happened with the Solarstorm X2.
    Simple.
    The lights..and light bodies are readily available.
    You can buy, say...a Solar Storm and modify it and sell it.
    Or...you can buy the bodies ( that may already have the logo on them) and stick your own components ( or lack of) inside.
    These "manufacturers" may be a 1 man show working in a closet....or may be an assembly line.
    That is why there are so many different quality issues with Chinese lights.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    A yinding clone, you know that's going to be no good. At least it looks different, so you can tell them apart. The original has proven itself to be nice light. I would just stick with that. It's almost like there's a two or three month window where you can get the original and it works great. Then the cloners take over and then you have no idea what you are getting.
    Last edited by varider; 11-26-2013 at 10:16 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Anybody else wondered why there are no screws to hold the case together?? If these are real pictures (?), it suggests through a small rim that only the backplate can be removed, but not the front. If that assumption would be true, the LEDs need to be inserted also from the back. This would be a major difference to the original Yinding housing which is made of a single piece aluminium where the LEDs fit in from the front with very good heat sinking.

All just assumptions though... based on looking at the pics.

Anybody want to play lottery? ...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by luigi4711 View Post
    Anybody else wondered why there are no screws to hold the case together??
    Probably cheaper to machine and build up.
    Actually the tiny size of these things makes me wonder how cheap they will get.

Dear Yinding, make me a 30$ XPG single for xmas. I've been good.
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    You can get SS X2 head now for $19 - they are still going cheaper, but who knows what's inside - kinder surprise Like varider wrote after months clones take over and flood the market.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by luigi4711 View Post
    Anybody else wondered why there are no screws to hold the case together?? If these are real pictures (?), it suggests through a small rim that only the backplate can be removed, but not the front. If that assumption would be true, the LEDs need to be inserted also from the back. This would be a major difference to the original Yinding housing which is made of a single piece aluminium where the LEDs fit in from the front with very good heat sinking.
    My initial impression was, they're computer-simulated (or heavily edited) pics, not real photos - but if they're indeed actual ones, it's clearly awful casing.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    yep... also my first impression that where are CAD drawings, however, then you can see little imperfections.... once more it seems a gamble on what is inside a nicely decorated box...

mtbr member
    I think I'm going to have to stop reading these threads. Every time someone sells a Chinese lamp with an upgraded feature I want to lay money down.

I'm going to assume this lamp is offering what is usually referred to as "step-less dimming" ( 10 levels of adjustment per mode ). While I have yet to order anything special for myself for Christmas this lamp has my trigger finger itching. Great find Kir. Nice to know that other people are now perusing the Chinese web sites for new interesting set-ups. For anyone looking to buy new bike lights this is a good time to be shopping. Absolutely amazing what you can buy for $100 nowadays.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by varider View Post
    A yinding clone, you know that's going to be no good. At least it looks different, so you can tell them apart. The original has proven itself to be nice light. I would just stick with that. It's almost like there's a two or three month window where you can get the original and it works great. Then the cloners take over and then you have no idea what you are getting.
    Hey, they're cloners....and damn good ones too...

Gemini Duo clones-dex-copy.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    The clone clone light head is more expensive than the "original" clone kit on wallbuys with the 11% coupon. I think they'd need to come down in price to sucker more folks in.

mtbr member
    Pulled mine apart today to
    • Put a retainer on the cable
    • Grease the orings
    • I'm just nosey

Was generally happy with it. The LED board needed a bit more paste under it but otherwise no problems until I went to put it back together.
    One of the long screws had stripped out its hole. Looks like only a few threads hold it even though it goes deeper so I will likely chop out edge of the LED board, which means thermal adhesive.
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by varider View Post
    A yinding clone, you know that's going to be no good.
    Isnīt it possible that it's a development/refinement of the YD? At least the use of XM-L2 suggests that.

Of course I have no idea. I'm just surprised that everyone is bashing it

I'm tempted although I just received delivery of my second YinDing (will test riding with one on bars and the second on helmet).

Cheers
    /Johan

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Has anyone tried tighter optics for use as a helmet light?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Just saw that Aliexpress is having a Dec 2nd only sale on their Gemini Duo clone. 30% off that day only.

This is for the newer XML2 LED head only. From what I can tell this is one of the better quality vendors out there offering this lamp..

Free shipping 1Set CREE XML2 T6 3B Bike Light 1600lm Waterproof Bicycle Light LED HeadLamp+ Charger (without battery)-in Bicycle Light from Sports & Entertainment on Aliexpress.com

Looks like it should work out to $44 for the lamp only.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Trd620 View Post
    Has anyone tried tighter optics for use as a helmet light?
    I'm also very interested to hear if anyone has tried.

I'm basically very happy with my dual yinding setup but if anything the one on the helmet could have a little more spot. (maybe just changing one lens). Is there any info on what stock lens is?

cheers
    /Johan

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    "Double" clone dropped his price to $34 USD

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    bit the bullet and ordered one of the clone clone lights. might have a tinker with it when it arrives.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Of those people who have actually recieved a Yinding light where have you got yours from? I originally ordered one nearly seven weeks ago from Fasttech and it got caught up in the HK Post/Fassttech debacle and I don't anticipate it being delivered as it has not even tracked . In a week and a bit time I will be able request a refund and will try another website. Was thinking either Wallbuys or DX? Where do people recommend?

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by SlSto View Post
    Of those people who have actually recieved a Yinding light where have you got yours from?
    I ordered mine from Fastech on Nov. 8th, it was supposed to ship on the 11th yet didn't because there was no stock. I wrote them and they said it would ship on the 18th when they got more stock, which it did. Today I received my light in the USA. When placing the order, I read the warning about Hong Kong post problems, so I opted for USPS instead, since it was free as well.

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast