Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    So I took the plunge and bought one of these clones (maybe this is a clone of a clone) from ebay: 4 Modes Waterproof 2300LM Cree XM L U2 LED Bicycle Light Battery Pack Charger | eBay
    I don't know what happened with the price as yesterday it was $37.77 but today it is $59.

I like turtles
    Quote Originally Posted by Rim21 View Post
    So I took the plunge and bought one of these clones (maybe this is a clone of a clone) from ebay: 4 Modes Waterproof 2300LM Cree XM L U2 LED Bicycle Light Battery Pack Charger | eBay
    I don't know what happened with the price as yesterday it was $37.77 but today it is $59.
    This is the clone of the Yinding clone that is a clone of the Gemini Duo..so yes...clone of a clone!

Edit. Opps...I am wrong (per post below) - this is just the clone of the Gemini..not the clone of a clone. I should have looked at the pics closer.
    Last edited by TiGeo; 04-14-2014 at 04:35 PM.
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I believe the ebay light listed above is a clone of a Gemini light and not a clone of a clone
    1. It says yinding on the back
    2. The clone of a clone does not have 2 front facia screws instead it locks everything together with 2 screws located underneath the light.

Oh and if you read the description the quantity says 2 so maybe that's why the price went up???

I like turtles
    Comparo with 808 P7s.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gemini Duo clones-20140414_202229.jpg  

Gemini Duo clones-808_comparo.jpg  

I like turtles
    Ok...I swear...last post

The cord length...perfect-o. V. short off the light and the battery is short as well...I hate long cords for the bar light as I run my battery on my top tube near the front. I don't have to wrap it at all!

mtbr member
    The Chinese often put XM-L2 LEDs onto "XM-L" printed boards; no worries if you ever see those. To go along with that, just because the board may say "U2" doesn't mean it is one. I believe that very often the emitters are lower bins than advertised (because 99% of people can't tell and won't tell the difference). They probably frequently use the "T6" bins as they are so common.

-Garry

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by garrybunk View Post
    To go along with that, just because the board may say "U2" doesn't mean it is one. I believe that very often the emitters are lower bins than advertised (because 99% of people can't tell and won't tell the difference). They probably frequently use the "T6" bins as they are so common.

-Garry
    I too believe this. I'd guess they are using T6 at best. More likely T5. A while back I compared pricing from a volume LED supplier and the T5 was over a dollar less than a U2. The temptation by the manufacturer to save over $2 per light would be irresistible at the low prices these sell for.

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    Hey Gemini heads...
    I like this light,and my friend bought one from Action LED....So I am going in this direction....

How would you describe the difference in a yinding versus the $115 Action LED 'Gemini lighthead'...
    Obviously the Yinding is alot cheaper, but is it horrendous quality in comparison?
    I fully intend to fab a battery pack out of the Keeppower cells I have, and also use the quality charger I have...

So for me, I need a light head, or two
    Question is , $115 gemini or a cheap Yinding gemini........
    Thanks
    CDT

I like turtles
    To me, it's a $75 difference for a higher quality unit with a warranty, after/pre sale service, and spport a reputable dealer (action). If I were going to use it a lot, I would get the Gemini. If you want to fart around with budget lights and are willing to deal with a potential of trail failure to save some $, get the Yinding.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I like turtles

Re: Gemini Duo clones

My ghetto-fabulous Yinding set up with the cheap-o battery held on with an Awesome Strap.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CdaleTony View Post
    Hey Gemini heads...
    I like this light,and my friend bought one from Action LED....So I am going in this direction....

How would you describe the difference in a yinding versus the $115 Action LED 'Gemini lighthead'...
    Obviously the Yinding is alot cheaper, but is it horrendous quality in comparison?
    I fully intend to fab a battery pack out of the Keeppower cells I have, and also use the quality charger I have...

Thanks
    CDT
    I have both, with both running off a magicshine 2 cell battery. I can't tell them apart when I use them. I assume the Gemini is better quality, but I won't know until the Yinding fails. The battery supplied with the Yinding works OK, but I prefer a 2 cell on my helmet.

Tim

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CdaleTony View Post
    Hey Gemini heads...

Thanks
    CDT
    First thing you need to do with the Yinding is tear it down and check everything, had the wires to the LED board bunched behind it in the TIM only partial heatsink contact, doubt that happens on the Gemini. Fit and finish definitely a bit on the inconsisten side for the Yinding. The biggest functional difference is the modes, Gemini has very nice programmable UI, the Yinding is fixed though the levels are pretty well thought out at least for me, YMMV.

As mentioned, if something goes wrong you're probably on your own with the Yinding. Gemini has a support system.

I like turtles
    I jus don't see the big thing with modes, for my riding. I ride 1-2 hours (at most!) and run my lights on full the whole time...no need to dim them or save battery life.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TiGeo View Post
    I jus don't see the big thing with modes, for my riding. I ride 1-2 hours (at most!) and run my lights on full the whole time...no need to dim them or save battery life.
    On high they tend to cook on the steeper climbs.

I've been using this mainly as a backup on the roadie and low mode (plus a little use of medium on downhills) lasts a full night.

I like turtles
    Quote Originally Posted by znomit View Post
    On high they tend to cook on the steeper climbs.

I've been using this mainly as a backup on the roadie and low mode (plus a little use of medium on downhills) lasts a full night.
    Just ride up the climbs faster

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Here is my bar set up, its a yinding light from ALI express which was on sale for $45 (I bought 2) and has the standard lenses,

I have shortened the connection wire on the Light head and installed a hope QR mount, I also bought a Hunk_lee 3x 3400 mah 2 cell battery changed the cable to a magic shine style, I wrapped the battery in heat shrink and plasti-dipped it as well.
    Gemini Duo clones-bike-light-2.jpg

This is my helmet light set up which I also bought from Ali express, I am yet to shorten the cable on the light head, I have changed the lenses to a 10 degree spot lenses which works great. I mount the light with the standard o-ring set-up and there is a little centre ridge on my helmet and the angle is spot on.
    Gemini Duo clones-bike-light-4.jpg
    Gemini Duo clones-bike-light-3.jpg
    I normally ride around 2 - 3 hours and with the battery packs I have I get 1:45 on high but when I ride I switch modes to suit the terrain so when climbing its on low etc. I have been thinking about a couple of remote switches but I hate clutter, I'm with TiGeo I hate the long cables which come with the lights and battery packs.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

My ghetto-fabulous Yinding set up with the cheap-o battery held on with an Awesome Strap.

Off topic dude how wide are your bars?

And to add still no light or refund from DX.

I like turtles
    720mm

mtbr member

Gemini Duo clones

Well after reading through this novel, you all pressured me to order one from Wallbuys. Hopefully it gets here soon. Thanks for all the great info folks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Hmmm... was just on the Wallbuys site and somehow managed to purchase one of the Yinding XM-L2 T6's... not really sure how that happened?

Do I need it.... no, not at all....

Are my MJ872's perfectly adequate.... yes, of course they are....

But when I read this, I gotta have one for gadget factor alone....
    Holy crap It's so freaking SMALL!

Got thermal paste ready for it's arrival.... CHECK!

mtbr member

Gemini Duo clones

Help me out as a new guy to these lights. Where exactly are you advocating the application of thermal paste?

I like turtles
    The Yinding shouldn't need any and is ready to as-is.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearhunter View Post
    Help me out as a new guy to these lights. Where exactly are you advocating the application of thermal paste?
    It may or may not, but if you remove the 2 front screws and remove the lenses etc, there's a board with the LEDs sitting under them, the thermal paste is between that and the body. Both of mine had sufficient paste but I don't think it was quality stuff so I added some good stuff. Also one of my Yindings had the wires that connect to the face of the LED board bunched under the LED board itself so it was not making full contact with the body. Just disassemble first and make sure everything looks assembled correctly.

mtbr member

Gemini Duo clones

Hey thanks guys, I appreciate it!

mtbr member

Gemini Duo clones

Hey guys,

For those that ordered through Wallbuys, did you do it on a PC or through the mobile site on your phone?

I tried to place an order via a PC at work (which did not work due to firewalls), and noticed that it asks you for the country you live in, and your phone number.

Anyway, I ended up placing the order via the mobile site on my phone, but it did not prompt me for the country or phone number. I assume my paypal confirmation is good enough?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by garrybunk View Post
    Just spotted a Gemini Duo clone on Amazon (sellers appears to be in China) with the 10 step "stepless adjusted" driver and XM-L2's. Little pricey at $63.17.

-Garry
    This looks like the same unit being sold for less at lightmalls:

2xCree XM-L2 2500-Lumen With 2 group modes LED Bicycle Light With Charger & 6*18650 Battery Set - 2LED Bike Light - LED Bicycle Lights - Bike Lights & Headlamps Worldwide Free Shipping!!!

I'm planning on ordering a couple sets... Anyone have any feedback on this unit?

I like turtles
    Hey guys,

For those that ordered through Wallbuys, did you do it on a PC or through the mobile site on your phone?

I tried to place an order via a PC at work (which did not work due to firewalls), and noticed that it asks you for the country you live in, and your phone number.

Anyway, I ended up placing the order via the mobile site on my phone, but it did not prompt me for the country or phone number. I assume my paypal confirmation is good enough?
    From a PC - no issues.

I like turtles
    Quote Originally Posted by slabber View Post
    This looks like the same unit being sold for less at lightmalls:

2xCree XM-L2 2500-Lumen With 2 group modes LED Bicycle Light With Charger & 6*18650 Battery Set - 2LED Bike Light - LED Bicycle Lights - Bike Lights & Headlamps Worldwide Free Shipping!!!

I'm planning on ordering a couple sets... Anyone have any feedback on this unit?
    That is the clone of the Yinding (clone of a clone). Someone here has a review...search through the posts related to the Yinding or the Gemini Duo clone..there are a few different threads and I can't remember which one has this. Not as nice as the Yinding is what I recall.

mtbr member

Gemini Duo clones

From a PC - no issues.
    Thanks TiGeo, I'm hoping since I did it through mobile and wasn't prompted for country and phone number that I will be good. It just went straight to PayPal. Should be just like buying in eBay, I imagine.

I like turtles
    Exactly the same.

mtbr member

Gemini Duo clones

Thanks brother. Looking forward to receiving it. Hope it's quick, as I have a different purchase off eBay that is still in China somewhere.

I like turtles
    It was 3 weeks order to door and the tracking worked fine.

mtbr member

Gemini Duo clones

It was 3 weeks order to door and the tracking worked fine.
    Tracking off their website based off order number I assume?

I like turtles
    Yep. Order number will be found from paypal.

mtbr member

Gemini Duo clones

Thanks again TiGeo!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

SecurityIng 2 x Cree headlamp

Anyone own one of these? SecurityIng® 2 x CREE XM-L T6 LED 3-Mode 1800LM Headlamp, CREE LED Lamp Headlight with Adjustable Base (No Battery) - Led Lights - Amazon.com

I recently purchased another, single-led headlamp and easily converted it for helmet use (elastic slips out, velcro goes in), so I'm tempted to try this one with dual Cree setup.

I've noted the runtimes for 2-cell lamps like the Duo and it seems that with 2 LEDs, you get a decent runtime and lumens if you run them off of max, as opposed to turbo/high mode on a single LED.

Thanks in advance.

I like turtles
    Quote Originally Posted by diylighter View Post
    Anyone own one of these? SecurityIng® 2 x CREE XM-L T6 LED 3-Mode 1800LM Headlamp, CREE LED Lamp Headlight with Adjustable Base (No Battery) - Led Lights - Amazon.com

I recently purchased another, single-led headlamp and easily converted it for helmet use (elastic slips out, velcro goes in), so I'm tempted to try this one with dual Cree setup.

I've noted the runtimes for 2-cell lamps like the Duo and it seems that with 2 LEDs, you get a decent runtime and lumens if you run them off of max, as opposed to turbo/high mode on a single LED.

Thanks in advance.
    Wrong thread..this is for the Gemini Duo clones...

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I just bought a second Yinding (thanks TiGeo for the coupon hookup) to replace a 3X XML2 U2 Stepless that I was less than impressed with. I got my first Yinding early on from Aliexpress and other than stripped screws on the front plate it has worked perfectly. It overpowers the 3X (low on Yinding is medium on 3X) and the color difference bugged me so I decided to just run 2 Yindings, which is what I should have done to begin with.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

8 or 9 weeks still no light or refund.
    DX.com :banghead:

Aliexpress Another site to look at.

Edit
    Last edited by Smoke&Lasers; 04-24-2014 at 08:19 AM.

mtbr member

Gemini Duo clones

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke&Lasers View Post
    8 or 9 weeks still no light or refund.
    DX :banghead:
    Aliexpress Another site to look at.
    Don't tell me that... Who did you order from?

I like turtles

Don't tell me that... Who did you order from?
    It's right in his post. DX.

mtbr member

Gemini Duo clones

Whoops I'm on my phone and I thought it was part of his "banghead" image code.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

No but it could be DX new logo.

Aliexpress lightmalls wallbuys & Fast.... website are they sister companies of DX.com ?

Just looked lightmalls don't sell Yinding.
    Last edited by Smoke&Lasers; 04-24-2014 at 10:43 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Gemini Duo clones

So I see two versions, one says xml2 and the other XML-U2 Is one better than the other?

I like turtles
    Get the XML2..its the newest version. The board says U2 but the LEDs have been replaced with the L2 version. This is all based on some of the tear-down threads on this light.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Gemini Duo clones

Thanks for the info. Just ordered the xml2 version, it was only $2 more than the xml u2 version.

I like turtles
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbone77 View Post
    Thanks for the info. Just ordered the xml2 version, it was only $2 more than the xml u2 version.
    Exactly..why not get the latest and greatest?

KVW
    Law abiding citizen
    Get the XML2..its the newest version. The board says U2 but the LEDs have been replaced with the L2 version. This is all based on some of the tear-down threads on this light.
    TiGeo, I see you're in CA as well. When purchasing this through this Wallbuys' website, what shipping method did you choose?

Seems like there's 4 "free shipping" versions but I've never heard of any of these carriers nor ever seen them here as delivery trucks.

[/URL]

Also, just to be sure, this is the version that has the latest LEDs?
    $48.48 Yinding 2 x CREE XM-L2 T6-3B 1600LM 4-Mode Dual Head White LED Bicycle Lamp + 8.4v Battery Pack + Charger-Black
    "Single track is for pansies!
    I blast down a mountain once, and in my wake, lies a new single track for the rest of you."-sm

I like turtles
    I am in VA..not CA. The one in the link is the right one. I chose EMS (the one with USA in it).

Last edited by TiGeo; 04-25-2014 at 08:09 PM.

KVW
    Law abiding citizen
    I am in VA..not CA. The one in the link is the right one. I choose EMS (the one with USA in it).

OH my bad - for some reason I thought I read CA, doh!

You know, I was thinking the same thing too, choose the one that has the word USA in it but what caught me off guard is the fact that everytime I select it, the 'Ship my orders(s) to' menu changes to: "AE-United Arab Emirates"

If I go back and change that pull down to US, a $2.42 charge pops up for EMS.

This is why I figured I'd ask.
    "Single track is for pansies!
    I blast down a mountain once, and in my wake, lies a new single track for the rest of you."-sm